Suggestion to make DrKs more relevant (DrKs have been buffed, irrelevant post)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by doronos, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I like where this is coming from but it would all be a bit too op.
    I would love if berserk let you continue attacking (or use buffs) in stun or seduce but couldn't move on your own like normal, would give them an interesting and not at all op dynamic. Would be great for Zak, cwk, some points in HT, pap. I mean, blind has no effect on mages, and buccs/shads can avoid stun with a well timed iframe attack. This would only work if you were in range or facing the boss in zerk, situational but a fitting buff nonetheless

But yeah as it's been pointed out, drks in a vacuum only fall behind heros by 4% total damage, so it's arguable the gap is largely playing drks well and not dying , which is unlike any other warrior class, so the buffs they need mostly seem to be functional ones.

-Achilles giving some extra defense, maybe a in zerk only Achilles buff even, or beholder is given an additional affect to decrease total damage in zerk only, or similar effect
    -of course zerk scaling (70 to 30% even?)
    -Power crash reducing touch and spell damage by like 5% (but having a cool down like total crash)
    -Iron will having a much higher buff but a very large mp cost or cooldown (or both)
    -both heros and pallies get block, maybe a beholder buff in zerk state only that procs at like 6% to ignore damage (but drains all mp, or has a high mp cost on proc, like 500+)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Lime

Lime Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Here is my suggestion. Now, before you shut me down let me at least write why this would be a good change.

Annotation 2020-08-05 154347.png

90%-70% HP: Adding some relevance here because some darks might want to play a safer route but at least be able to deal some damage.
    60%: Keeping the "original" 200% damage so that darks can survive bosses that hit over 15k damage.
    55%-50%: A small "buff" for type that want to play the "high risk, high reward" format because many other classes (Heros, BMs, NLs) can just spam their abilities and not have to worry about gauging their own HP for damage.
    45-40%: A nice buff for the type that want to play the original release of the dark with extreme "high risk, high reward"

I personally would play at the 60% range so that I could participate at most bosses while being able to deal respectable damage in a server where most high levels are washed and don't really care for HB. :)

Bator, LichWiz, Rainor and 5 others like this.
  3. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    So I was reading new sources skill changes and noticed that Paladin's threaten is suppose to work on bosses to reduce their att/def by 20% (which for some reason didn't happen). So instead of buffing DrK directly, why not make it so they'll rely on other classes to reduce boss's attack. Other people rely on your HB, you rely on Pally's threaten. This will allow them to keep 15k hp for any boss that hits up to 18750. This gives slightly better survival than 60% hp which is 18k.

If that buffs pallies too much, then remove the 20% def reduction portion. The changes were announced before total crash was added as a buff to paladins.

[​IMG]

4. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    This buffs pallies entirely too much and gives them an extremely ubiquitous party skill that renders the hp meta, would make heros very pale. It gives pallies a party skill that reduces all touch damage by quite a large margin and total crash as well.

I suggested have dks power crash reduce touch and magic damage around 5-6% and work on cooldown like total crash (also suggested heros shield crash ignore 4-6% damage with cooldown too. Both skills would also normally crash power and def up)

Also the minus accuracy thing is wack for a 2nd job skill because my Mm has a 4th job applied buff skill that only has a chance to blind monsters at 15% reduced rate, so yeah that's a bit op. I'd love for it to work on bosses but royals just hates on mm

I suggested in my warrior feedback thread to have threaten get boosts at each job adv, +20 at third, and maybe +20/30/40 at 4th, so +60/70/80 in 4th job, and not % based, but could work on bosses as well

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I love this concept but I think it shouldnt start as high as 90% (it is the state of being berserk after all) like 70-35% at the highest and only like 5% dmg increase after 50%, not 10.

Also I know this is wild but different colored crusher/fury animations for the different stages would be great. Something like
    Orange from 70-61%
    Red from 60-51%
    Purple from 50-36%
    Indigo from 35% down

This way you don't have to guess between your hp and DMG output and can easily visualize to yourself and the party where you are

Chee, LichWiz and Lime like this.
  6. Taamir

Taamir Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EIixer
    Level:
    Any GM about to comment on this ? (please) :)

7. popcyan

popcyan Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Popcyan
    Level:
    I like lime suggestion on the % dmg increase = % hp missing it still gives drk their mechanic/ gameplay

Cooler and Bator like this.
  8. Bator

Bator Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think can make zerk add dmg while hp less... instead of 50% add 200% dmg...will make drk more fun.-.-'

9. FocalZenith

FocalZenith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrModelo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I think two tweaks to zerk can solve a lot of problems mentioned here.
    1. 180% dmg when under 60% hp.
    This will help drks survive bosses that hit over 15k like Auf, while still a bit handicapped, but this will make them not a pure hb mule in bosses like Auf.
    2. 220% dmg when under 40% hp.
    Another point made was that drk damage is too low for the effort they need to put in for zerk, some suggestions on the earlier comments may be suggesting buffing drks a bit too much, but 220% when under 40% will allow drks to go for extremely high risk for higher reward.

200% damage when under 50% hp will be kept as is.
    This way it seems like drks won't be overbuffed and zerk will still be challenging, and for the people that wants to test their skills they can go one step further and be rewarded more.

Not too sure how realistic this is to implement though, considering zerk is a hard on/off switch at the moment.

10. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Yup..this last page goed a bit crazy on % of zerk buff....but what u proposed is alrdy stated in previous pages..like i said "20% extra dmg for every 10%less hp up to 40%"...and i think is doable since zerk alrdy have diferent % of hp and dmg boost on its code...so it would be just twist the nut a little bit

Jesseh and FocalZenith like this.
  11. FocalZenith

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrModelo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I think just 220% under 40% is good enough.

It gets bit crazy if you get like under 240% dmg under 30% or more, that's basically going to make drks a nl or corsair in soft bosses like krex, which is probably not a good idea.

40%:220%, 50%:200%, 60%: 180% is all we need and honestly the class will be awesome with these tweaks.

12. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ermmmm..thats what i said..lol
    Ure adding 180% at 60% and 220 at 40%...
    20% extra dmg for every 10% less hp up to 40% means
    100 at 100
    120 at. 90
    140 at 80
    160 at 70
    180 at 60
    200 at 50
    220 at 40...
    Geting it over that is straight up too much..since theres some bosses thata. Drk can do with 4k hp

Jesseh likes this.
  13. FocalZenith

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrModelo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    ya i may have misread a bit haha, glad we are in agreement on this

Relmy likes this.
  14. Sennin

Sennin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    7x
    whats about this? gonna get buff for dks??? i read all and in my opinion they should have.Pls dont forget this nice job need something for be great again

15. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    For changing Berserk; Due to client limitations, the only things that can be changed are the HP % to activate Berserk, and the static damage buff given by Berserk. It's not really possible to implement a scaling system like is being discussed.

Relmy, Sennin and Tect like this.
  16. Sennin

Sennin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    7x
    Thanks matt for reply all and then its be a possible to add dk more dmg on berserk? I think it could be nice get them like 40% for active and get a dmg buff like 250-275% could be nice and enought better 275 xD

17. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Haha no. Even being a dedicated drk, i wouldnt like to see our job become straight up broken. anything over 240% is too much and even that is a bit high(also stated that less than 220% for a cost of 40% hp is actually a nerf instead of a buff)..Also im against to make zerk back at 40% ... Toad(yes theres ways to do it with 40%, bit that makes the run way too uncofortable and risky for buffs) and mainly for auf, since as far as i know is alrdy hard asf to zerk rn, with 12k threeshold would be impossible.

Jesseh likes this.
  18. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Thanks for reply.
    To start i would like to state that im aware that your coment doesnt means that this is being taken in consideration, or even if it is, it doesnt means that any change is going to be made, on top of that im also aware that theres other priorities that are and should be implemented 1st.

That being said, if scaling system is not posible to be implemented,theres no chance to add "multiple invisible berserks"? every 1 sp add 1 of each, and every one activates at diferent hp ranges. Ido not know much about coding, so idk if this is possible.
    Also i dont think its a good idea make zerk easier , that would actually take out relevance from heros, so, increase the hp requeriment to activate zerk , wouldnt be the best if u ask me.

With HB being a barely decent skill rn, and the new hp gain mechanics(not complaining , just pointing that out) HB is going to be less and less relevant in long term, so a rework is going to be apreciated.

If "multiple zerk" idea isnt doable aswell, i think theres other ideas in this thread that are also quite decent, hex of the beholder buff+letting it stack,increase mastery,etc etc. I shure, that, if any change happens, it will be the best for everyone.

Cheers

Jesseh likes this.
  19. popcyan

popcyan Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Popcyan
    Level:
    One of the concerns for Drks is the zerking in end game bosses such as toad/auf haven and etc. If scaling of zerk isnt possible, the next possible step to make Drks still a viable dps is buffing achilies where Drks takes less dmg.

20. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Even if you take a few thousand less dmg, the incomparable threat/risk (vs other warriors) is still there due to the nature of the berserk mechanism. I don't think the complaint on the current, vague position of Drks will get resolved by any bits with enhanced dmg reduction. If it is buffed to a point berserk control faces 0 risks, the essence of this class is completely lost.

RonJJ and Relmy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.