Notice GM Blog: October 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joong, Oct 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joong

Joong Developer

I understand. The very same sentiment has been discussed within Staff. Ultimately, any level requirement is an arbitrary choice. Given that the quests by their very nature, cannot (and are not meant to) satisfy an immediate desire for large amounts of HP, unlocking the quests at an earlier level to allow people to "prepare" will benefit different players to varying amounts. One who progresses quickly from 120 to 150 will not gain very much, whereas the player who takes months or years to do the same, can do the quest a lot. It was decided that level 150 was a sweetspot that could be supported by conrete damage numbers of the bosses you are likely to take on, and was less reliant on the individual level-progression of the player. As such, everyone is time gated, but equally so, assuming they possess the 30 minutes required to complete the quests.

LichWiz likes this.
  2. ilyssia

ilyssia Donator

A new blog post ~(O~O)~

Can I suggest removing the level cap for Ariant Party Quest? Is currently stuck at level 20 to 30, and it was not mentioned in update 67!

Levi0sa likes this.
  3. Dasha

Dasha Donator

Guild:
    Degeneracy
    You can't really please everyone but I think this is awesome! :o

Spooktober hype!

Kentavious and Tentomon like this.
  4. Levi0sa

Levi0sa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MetroSmexual
    Level:
    15X
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Palm Chairs for everyone! And let's play some bomberman while we're at it :)

5. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    @Haplopelma as soon as I saw shield wielding warriors I thought, "wow, the sonofgun finally had his dreams come true" *single tear runs down cheek*

PaddysPub and Haplopelma like this.
  6. Inugami

Inugami Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    lnugami
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wish
    I do hope we'd be getting more low level content with the toning down on the CPQ2 and party quest level limit removal, like Mush Castle or Kerning Square, maybe Ellin PQ too :3

Dasha and esie like this.
  7. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    I understand toning down CPQ2 but can we have another review of it regarding it's spawn mechanics? The issue I have is the spawn is randomly top or bottom, there's no consistency and sometimes the RNG is awful and has the spawn spread so far out that it no longer is a viable grinding spot. I haven't attempted CPQ2 since the patch, but I haven't seen any mention of spawn adjustments.

What I would like to see is the spawn to be dedicated to specific slots, top or bottom in a grouping that makes grinding viable.

8. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

1h warriors? I knew i gave up on the carabella dream too early @Haplopelma

Haplopelma and 3ggs like this.
  9. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Kerning square and mushroom castle are two areas that we've already discussed in staff before and have decided that they are not going to be added currently.

This next statement is just my view on it, but I think that if mushroom castle were to be added, the exp gained from it would over level players before they're done with the area and it would make the rewards gained from king pepe useless, since they're low level weapons.

For kerning square, I think it would turn into a massive farming area for overleveled players when event items like the red envelopes are available, especially from the crane monsters. I farmed there on gms like crazy when events happened way back. I just don't think it would be fitting and would also drive players away from current options we have for the superior training of CD's.

Virgo and LichWiz like this.
  10. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    looking forward the new patch and changes
    i still think that HP quest should be set around 10min/day (with the use of vip rock/fast travel tickets/silver mane...) because there is allready timegate of 10 or low chance of 20 HP per day and 150lvl + requirement
    my 177lvl corsair with 90% of HP sources done and still being under 10k HP will take about 200days of daily questing to get to 13k HP... and i think 18k is the true luxury to have without HB to be able to do all boss
    i don't even want to think about 30k...
    now am doing fine with ignoreing some of the boss or do with HB that is allready rare but there is toad,BG...that i can't do even with HB...
    quest, grinding and fram should come with true rewards instead of extreme multiclient muleing farming/leeching and washing
    like it was mentioned inarguably interrupts gameplay
    and
    This mechanic, like it or hate it, is here to stay. It has shaped the characters and the game, since the very beginning, and it is not possible to remove without major consequences. To remove it now would mean creating a vast gap between new players and old, and punishing those who are in the middle of the "washing" process.

if washing is truely optional then this shouldn't be issue to have quests/items that give fair HP rates aswell

also i hope to see more teamplay oriented events & content both for low and high lvl characters (i especially expect that from pink bean and with bunch of job diversity needed)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    McPew likes this.
  11. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    If you want the 10/20 hp a day then players should put the work in for it. 10 minutes a day is wayyyy too quick for something that is repeatable forever.

12. Spectbero

Spectbero Donator

Country Flag:
    This was truly truly the worst thing about the server by far and honestly this one simple change is so much of an improvement!

MaiAh likes this.
  13. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    how is quick when i still need to do it daily for quite some time
    in my case [​IMG]
    (all other unwashed chars goes thro same .. sorry tim for useing part of your image aswell [​IMG] )

at this moment (with 90% HP sources used) it will take like 2 years of daily questing to 20k+- by geting avg of 13 HP/day t 40min avg per quest
    i don't see how that is quick or fair rate alternative to "optional" washing (not even thinking for 30k although even 20k is to much and questionable the need but thats another story)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  14. Joong

Joong Developer

As was mentioned in the blog, we will continue to fine tune the difficulty of the quests to get closer the envisioned goal. The completion time is a trade-off between wanting the quest to be doable on a daily basis, and not inviting too much inflation of HP values across the board. If it is too easy to complete, my personal concern is that we will see a new generation of higher-than-intended-HP characters. By keeping the completion time slightly longer, we reduce the risk of people doing the quest on extra characters that they otherwise wouldn’t have, ”just because they can”. The latter is my own opinion.

If you find the quests too slow, remember that there are always other options! There are pros and cons to everything, and if you ask me, it’s better to exercise caution. As such, I think the quests are in a good spot!

MaiAh and Tentomon like this.
  15. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    My Sair has similar HP to yours.

The people who have a Sair with 15k HP have worked really hard for it. It would be unfair for them if this system meant that others could achieve the same just by doing this quest for a few months for 30 minutes a day.

Shnang likes this.
  16. deng0325

deng0325 Member

Country Flag:
    I wonder when is the next patch

17. Megun

Megun Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gemini
    Guild:
    AudioSlave
    I was seen the details of the blog is very interesting :) I congratulate the staff for their great dedication and work as the active gms on this server
    :D

Sorry I have a question. I observe that mapleroyals is always top1 and the most veteran server I have seen, however I see that there is no person who will reach (30k of fame) on the server.

It would be interesting if they give a medal to the first person who reaches 30k of fame since it is an almost impossible challenge to achieve and it is more difficult than collecting all the cards in the game.

In gms there was a rumor in these versions hahaha They were saying: If you reach 30k of fame the scrolls of 10% work for you at 20% I never knew if it was real or fake n_n!

Thank you very much for your update and I hope you embrace the idea of handing out the best maple royals medal for people who reach 30k of fame!

:p greetings! thanks for everything!

Saul likes this.
  18. TheSkysTheLimit

TheSkysTheLimit Active Member

I think the hp quest makes sense..
    It still be more easy to sell leech and then buy couple of apr's
    But for those who dont want to start a bishop and sell leech just to play all bosses, its another way to gain some hp.
    And I think it doesnt affect the guys that already washed because I think those hp quest are reffering to low amount of players that will prefer to do daily quest for very long time than selling leech for an hour and buying couple of apr's.

19. Vector Ho

Vector Ho Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VectorNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    If you want to get 20k HP then you better remake a character and wash MP/HP the traditional way, it is more efficient ~f18 2 years of voting is more than enough to get the quantity of APR to wash lul. And 2 years is even enough for you to get to Level 200...

In the end of the day, we get 10/20 HP no matter how long the quest takes, so I understand your point by the way.

MaiAh likes this.
  20. Saul

Saul Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SauI (saui)
    Guild:
    Cozy
    hype

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.