Bossing Some relevant Neo Tokyo bossing feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Donn1e, Dec 26, 2020.

1. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    I'm glad some more incentive to run NT bosses was added. Now I hope that their XP can be improved as they're a joke in terms of xp/effort compared to krex

xDarkomantis and nyannko777 like this.
  2. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    i don't mind the exp being crap. i feel like shao/krex/zak/ht/toad/BGA is exp, while neotokyo is endgame equips/WS farming. the separation of the two is not a bad idea imo. it could be buffed, but meh, I'm there to make that mesarz.

3. Johnny

Johnny Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Create
    My feedback for Auf Haven changes:
    Not sure about other classes but the update #70 change doesn't seem so great, it just makes the run a bit more tedious in my opinion. Personally, I would like to see it reverted back to flying but I have yet to try running on other classes (melee). Thank you for trying to change it but I feel like there wasn’t much or any testing on staff’s end before releasing this. :confused:

I recorded my Auf Haven run today for reference: (Party layout is 2 NL + Bucc + SE/HB/BS mule)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Fli, Nessi, ksnur and 9 others like this.
  4. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    Change float to swim and let other jobs attack in air is a good idea.
    However, the falling speed is too crazy fast

Check @Johnny ’s video,bm use hurricane in air , fall too fast , lose a lot dps
    Also nl too. Hit airs

source: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/playing-notasimule-and-a-corsair-at-auf-haven-boss.182716/ @Geyforlife

Imagine the run without Bucc ping left side ,
    Will be super annoy to do auf Rn

change back plz

also I want to know , rn bucc/shadower can hit in air now?
    and what the point to hit in air ...when can stand on platform as usual?

change to swim , I know bm can attack in air , but fall so fast , lose a lot dps~
    I'll test mm soon

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    jackfrost90123, Nessi, ksnur and 8 others like this.
  5. pencilroll

pencilroll Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PencilNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    dogs
    I agree with John and Doo too.

While the change to swimming gave other classes the ability to attack, it actually hinders the actual act of attacking, regardless of class, as we have to reposition too much.

Not sure if this change was actually tested within staff or it was a “Hey, let’s just change it and see how it goes” kind of thing. I would think other regular auf runners would feel the same too.

Give back flying or make the drop gravity same as flying :'(:'(:'(

Adel, Johnny, whiteins and 2 others like this.
  6. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    There clearly was a technical mistake because chars don't fall that quickly in an aqueous map. We should wait for staff to find out the cause of the problem before asking for hasty reversion.

Edit: apologies for the wrong assumption. As tested by someone else, it actually is the same speed as in aqua maps. It is also reported that Shads cannot attack in aqueous environment so a reversion is probably due like others requested above.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Doo and MaiAh like this.
  7. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

another thing i wanna point out is the new White scroll fragment drop.
    i solod nibergen today and got a fragment just to find out its untradeable, why shouldn't it be tradeable?
    it makes splits in bosses very awkward and i dont see any disadvantage for it being tradeable.

8. Joong

Joong Developer

Thanks for the feedback on the swimming setting for the Auf Haven map. Quoting from Update 70: "Note: This is an experimental change, subject to change." We playtested it and experimented with various parameters to try and emulate Flying as much as possible, but ultimately understood that the client overrides mostly everything. Still, as it was requested from various community members on the feedback thread, we decided we should give it a try. We will await some more feedback and consider our next steps!

As for the White Scroll Fragments, we would like to attempt to encourage actually doing the bosses instead of just purchasing the piece you are missing on the Free Market.

Kenny, Nessi, MaiAh and 6 others like this.
  9. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I understood your intentions and the fact the you are trying to give people a reason to actually do those bosses, but lets look at this from the average bosser's perspective.
    Nobody wants the mess of deciding who gets the fragments when you run bosses in a party, meaning with this change you actually encourage solo play instead of running these bosses with a full party (or duo/trio for high end players).
    But at the same time nobody is going to solo bosses like dunas v2 and nibergen daily JUST for a chance to craft a white scroll, so it will just become a dead feature and a "if I do the prequests I'll just run these bosses and maybe I'll get lucky and craft a WS" kind of thing.
    After giving ALL the changed neo tokyo bosses a test solo run I am satisfied with some of the changes, dunas v2 and nibergen are perfectly farmable now, BUT! in a party.
    For example: Dunas v2 is really easy to pin now with a bucc/warrior while you have your ranged friend just do the damage in a duo.
    You disencourage this kind of gameplay and I think people will choose one of 2 options atm:
    1) solo these bosses for the fragments and other drops and probably make very small profits while suffering in bosses that are not meant to be solo'd.
    2) just keep ignoring these bosses and running the same bosses as before.

Give it a second thought please, these are not only my thoughts but the thoughts of all the people I know who gave them a test run like me already.

ZJZJ, MaiAh, GunzGaming and 5 others like this.
  10. Momo

Momo Donator

Country Flag:
    charge back plz

11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    An explanation about the op barrage skill and a suggestion to fix the progressively diminishing difficulty of Auf Haven

Currently, Auf is treated like an upgraded version of Anego in the presence of Buccaneers. I guess the snatch skill was disabled to counter this issue but the barrage KB effect is still op and makes the boss extremely uninspiring.
    There's an interesting system, which I discovered through observation, that makes barrage too op and many are not aware of it. When mobile bosses are knocked back, either by a damage line that exceeds the KB threshold or by skills that force KB, their debuff casting animations are canceled or suppressed. Barrage skill forces KB with each attack and its consecutive hits dramatically reduce the frequency of the debuffs as well as the bosses' difficulty. I ran multiple solo Auf with my corsair and compared the experience with duo runs that included a Bucc. First of all, it wasn't the touch dmg or sed that really pronounced the difficulty of this boss. In the solo run, I could barely find time to attack because of the spammy debuffs (dispel/stunning sword slash). Solo Auf (excluding Royal Guard & Core) took around 2 hours on full Gelt. With a Bucc (not even a strong one), Auf only took about 30 min due to the absence of spammy debuffs, which subsequently gave me plenty of room to attack in peace. Pinning Auf to the left corner is a big factor but the prevention of debuff spam is another huge contribution from Buccs.

I originally wanted to suggest barrage nerf, to only allow KB of mobile mobs/bosses when each attack actually deals dmg above the KB threshold, but it seemed technically complicated and would face a lot of rejection from current Bucc players. So instead...

Thanks to the anonymous, well-known player (whose name starts with J and ends with N) who came up with this suggestion.
    If the direction of seduce debuff from Auf is randomized like that of HT, the difficulty of this boss will naturally rise, but to an acceptable extent where a party can still complete it with good team work.

For now, the only safe maneuver in Auf goes as follows.
    1. Bucc pins auf to the left corner using barrage.
    2. Other attackers semi-afk attack from the middle area.
    3. Occasionally rebuff or walk back after dispel/sed

If sed direction becomes random, this is the expected change.
    1. Bucc moves around the 2 middle platforms and tries to keep Auf in the middle of the map.
    2. Other attackers kite Auf from either middle platform, preferably slightly afloat above the platform.
    3. Characters will glide over the head of Auf when they are seduced to the direction Auf is standing, avoiding touch dmg.
    (Debuffs will probably come more frequently since Buccs cannot spam barrage continuously in 1 direction - creating gaps with no KB)

TL' DR
    1. Barrage skill is too op against Auf
    2. Make seduce direction random

MaiAh likes this.
  12. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    I haven't paid attention to how tight the distance between being too high to attack and being too low to float over auf is, but I am a bit wary of random seduce directions. There are alot of less funded players who aren't 20k hp nls with shadow shifter. Can auf use the forward slash right after sed / how much distance threshold is there between the 9k sword magic and 16k touch hurtboxes? If auf is in the middle, can it hit either side if people are unlucky?

13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    If the chars attack from the areas above the platforms, they won't be exposed to the physical touch with Auf (provided auf is not in either corner), even during the sword slashing animation. The only exception would be when Auf rises up for genesis like magic attack right after sed - the appropriate time for hero's will.

14. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I think its ok for bucc to have such skill and to shine in non-static boss runs, what I think should be changed instead:
    1) barrage cant knock if it misses
    2) barrage can only knock if 1 or more of the lines exceeds the knockback threshold
    3) remove the platform I mentioned before together with the mules platform on the top right

thats about it, when the fight is on the floor its not so easy for buccs to do what you describe.

mutism and Geyforlife like this.
  15. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    For 2), isn't the last hit of barrage so op it'd always exceed the KB threshold?

For 3) Removal of the platform sounds good but I fear the developers would be more inclined to maintain the layout for nostalgic reasons.

16. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

ill explain what i meant in 2),
    right now people use bloodwashed bucc mules to pin while they miss all the attacks, if you fix that they will just stack accuracy equips/pots to do the same while hitting 1 damage.

mutism likes this.
  17. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    Sorry, I was unclear -- I meant if auf is in the middle and people are on the side platforms and get sed, after they have fallen down a bit in sed can't auf slash during sed with no counter play? And if sed direction is random, is it possible for all classes to be safe from touch in a given position for both sed directions?

18. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    It's unclear whether the Staff is willing to do that or not. I typed out the HP:EXP ratio of the Neo Tokyo bosses and pointed out that Nameless Magic Monster has an abnormally high HP to EXP ratio compared not only to the other Neo Tokyo bosses but the other more popular bosses and recommended the HP to be reduced. Nothing happened ~f18

19. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    NMM has really good drops, I think that can justify having low xp:hp ratio.

MaiAh and Donn1e like this.
  20. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    I mostly agree with @Donn1e . We shouldn't 'fix' auf by assuming bucc barrage can't be fixed. Barrage should only kb at 75k lines.

Tsue and Donn1e like this.