Nightlord/Shadower nerf

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by sean128309, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Yeah this thing actually encourages mules since higher Luk is less relevant now while shifter got buffed, I don't really see how is that good change for shadowers

Abdus, benkrong, Metronome and 2 others like this.
  2. shuzzy

shuzzy Donator

Country Flag:
    they nerfed actual players and buffed mules,
    shadower being only melee class without stance thats a huge nerf. done fk up this time.

Buzz12, Abdus and Metronome like this.
  3. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    NerfStory killing everyones progress and motivation.
    I hope this is April Fools jokes. :admincry:

4. Fli

Fli Donator

People in game: NLs are dirty.
    Also people in game: R>NL for HT

I'm level 200 NL which is my only bossing attacker, this is my personal experienced so far.

Edit: I agree this patch is quite bad, just give me a chance to get these trash off my chest.

Alstero likes this.
  5. nomeaning

nomeaning Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Verstias
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    stat.png
    BM hv higher avoid than Thief Job , this is ridiculous~f8
    Nostalgic Server? Stop making me laugh , this aint nostalgic at all

6. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Lol, idk how many times ive said this: "Nerfing is almost never the answer"

Lion, jaydenlim, Pwno and 15 others like this.
  7. natsy

natsy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Natsy
    Level:
    Axe
    This is will be one of the more serious post that I'll be writing and may sound a little aggressive and by no means have intended to sound so.

I know the that Staff has been trying to encourage transparency and better communication between the game and the playerbase.
    I have definitely seen great efforts in doing so with the GM Blogs and the interaction between the GMs and the feedback threads but this time round it seems a little underwhelming.
    What I'm referring to as underwhelming is the difference of how the current update was pushed and conveyed as opposed to what Tim has showed in this previous thread. https://royals.ms/forum/threads/4th-job-skill-changes.135025/

There are a few things that I and probably many other players would like some clarification on:
    • What you were hoping to accomplish with the changes made in Update #71.
    • How nerfing the current aspects of avoidability helps to maintain game balance.
    • Was there a thorough test or benchmarking on how you derived the current numbers. Cross-referencing avoidability needed for various bosses or a gauge of how detrimental the changes caused. (Either a static finding or a percentage drop in performance)
    • The intention behind your goal of balancing, be it slowing the aging of the server or other extrinsic factors.
    • The reason behind intervening on the Metagame of the current state of the server and if there's a need to do so.
    • Why prioritize the class balance of Night Lords and Shadowers instead of focusing on other prevailing issues and class balances.
    • Have you guys considered how the nerf would have an outsized impact on the class, causing players to become upset or enraged over their perceived wasted efforts in obtaining what they have built.
    • Have you guys considered the current positive and negative feedback loop of Night Lords and Shadowers where the cost of funding them leads them to becoming a stronger class.
    There are many other things that I would like list down but at this point it would go out of topic.

Cheers!

jaydenlim, Skyra, Suika and 23 others like this.
  8. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Why don't people try doing some boss runs or train a bit first before making such a negative feedback thread? I may not be an NL main, but when I was on my GM with 999 avoid i was still getting hit a lot. So far nobody has even recorded anything on the matter and this thread has been just a place to vent frustrations. Give the changes a few days to breathe at least before going off about how bad it is. I know the base stats of higher level NL's and Shads were drastically dropped due to the new scaling. Does the change in shifter % even make up for the difference in a noticeable way?

Gert, Skyra, icedem0n and 15 others like this.
  9. Mandems

Mandems Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Bro what are u saying like no ones agreeing with u

10. -Tommy-

-Tommy- Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Valhalla
    i actually witnessed a shadower in a normal (which is not a full shadower run) ht run, and its was looking exactly as a bm attacking from a very close range, and as everybody know shadower's platform in ht same as any other warrior, if you get knocked you gotta climb back to a tiny platform (which before he rage quit was in the middle platform, so i didn't manage to see how he during head c).
    Try to imagine a bm standing on that tiny platform and get knocked every 5 seconds, that's the ht gameplay the shadower had.

Gert, jaydenlim, Buzz12 and 18 others like this.
  11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Everything he said is reasonable.

Gert, Skyra, icedem0n and 7 others like this.
  12. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    This is exactly the type of data I'm looking for. I'd love if people got some videos or other comparisons to the avoid before the update. I'm not telling people to not give feedback, but there's always threads right after updates that are just filled with kneejerk reactions to the changes they read in the patch notes. I appreciate you giving me a specific example of how the gameplay has changed so far.

Gert, icedem0n, Geyforlife and 5 others like this.
  13. Chadsworth

Chadsworth Member

Country Flag:
    I normally only lurk here, but some of the reactions to this are quite funny.

I can't even find someone with a confident idea of what the player avoid formula is. I've found one post saying 'Avoid/(4.5*Monster Accuracy)' and not much else. Given the response though, you'd think they halved NL's damage. In terms of NL's, this seems like it's being blown massively out of proportion. Taking the strongest class in the game (that is a ranged DPS, no less) and making it some amount less tanky, is one of the least controversial balance ideas I've ever heard. Would love to see the world shattering response to if the nerf had have been to their damage or mobility instead lmao. The comparisons to BM are a good laugh too, did they change Focus to work like Shadow Shifter when I wasn't looking?

It's especially important to know the formula, because depending on how it works determines who this nerf hurts more. Seen some people say this hurts the unfunded more which definitely isn't necessarily true at all. If you gain more flat % avoid from levels in shadow shifter, and less from how high your luk is, then the gap between someone with perfect gear and someone with garbage gear should have gotten smaller. Might be wrong though, and this depends whether avoid works off of being over a threshold, or if it scales linearly.

Now, I will agree wholeheartedly with others in the fact that this hitting Shad's disproportionately is quite annoying. Hopefully there's some internal idea of what % shadow shifter would need to be functioning at to get them back to where they were, or some other idea to make them function effectively given that they're melee.

Beautiful. Sums up some of the discourse on the topic perfectly. It's poetic how worthless this post is.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Gert, Skyra, DragonBear and 8 others like this.
  14. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    don't know why "nostalgic" is questioned now when we have HP wash extremes,mules-multiclient att,fast lvling & meso make... like never before
    i've seen how "90%" stance fails more then NL's avoid
    that high avoid made NL's sleep at boss runs or even worse ( stack TTx3 on macro and open another clients/attackers)

15. Metronome

Metronome Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Metronome
    Level:
    I honestly feel bad for those who are in favor of such big nerves. NLs or not.
    I remember when the piercing arrow had a huge nerf not so long ago and all marksmen were pissed off. I'm glad they fixed that mistake and made p-a good again.
    To all of you who are in favor of NERFS instead of BUFFS, you guys are A) Selfish or B) Jealous. Show some compassion, and keep in mind alot of us dedicated months, even years on making a thief and now a HUGE part of their abilities is gone out of nowhere.
    Please fix it. Thank you!

wthong0022 and Relmy like this.
  16. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    Royals nerf history:
    1. Summon farming nerf.
    2. Quad ulu 1 nerf, ulu spawn/drop rate nerf, potion cost nerf, NL/shad nerf.
    3. Mage skill macro nerf.
    4. Crash mule nerf.
    5. Trio duku nerf.
    6. NL/shad avoid nerf.
    Constantly nerfing meta strategies = ????

Galipa, Abdus and Alstero like this.
  17. mell

mell Donator

IGN:
    MellBM
    If you can only adjust the balance with a nerf, do nothing anymore

Alstero and Metronome like this.
  18. Haiya

Haiya Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    LF>full ap reset for my luk cr mule:admincry:

Abdus, MaiAh and PaddysPub like this.
  19. GermanKiddo

GermanKiddo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MazeRunner
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    wow, then remove pets... wtf

MaiAh, Diphenhydramine and PaddysPub like this.
  20. EL.Latino

EL.Latino Well-Known Member

How can i fulfill my NL dream, i never had back than as a kid in EMS, when everytime NL`s get nerfed? eventho i was 180x + but with crap EQ and stuff.
    This isn`t fair so much hate on NL`s/Shad u need to change something. This really makes me quit...:oops:

Henray17 likes this.