Bossing Some relevant Neo Tokyo bossing feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Donn1e, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Joong

Joong Developer

We're still investigating what is possible to do with Barrage. It's not guaranteed that it can be changed to function just how we want it. It's also not an easy question: is blanket changing the skill for the whole game is justified to make a single endgame bossfight better? The skill is meant to knockback a mob this many times, and propel the character forward a short distance in the process.

As for the HP:EXP ratios, they can be discussed of course, and we haven't simply neglected them. To quote your previous message:
    All of the Neo Tokyo bosses have decent HP:EXP ratios already, NMM included; nothing out of the ordinary there if you ask me. Your point may have been to compare to bosses which are run most often, but even that is a close fight, and I'm not convinced any changes are necessary. The custom changes to Boss HP:EXP ratios made so far in the game have obviously lead to power creep, and I don't believe every boss we introduce has to excel in every area. The Neo Tokyo bosses have their merits, and hopefully the changes we've made will make them even more relevant.

Henray17, DeCero, Dong and 6 others like this.
  2. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    i still think mulestory-multiclient is bad and is even worse when we try to balance things around it or change the game-content because of that
    we shouldn't see like NL + mules type of thing
    so broken to see bucc mule doing pin (especially "naked" mule) just like that
    but i guess thats the part of mulemeta turn things to dead hitbox and burst for rewards

i was wondering if you can make fly/swim based on class type
    the falling speed is not that of a issue can be avoided by utilizing the side platforms if auf v1 is in mid ( the thing that there is still jobs that can't att is bad :( but i hope the solution come for that aswell)

about EXP i don't think pure exp buff will change anything other then another loophole for powerlvling/leeching mules

3. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Nothing out of the ordinary? Are we both looking at the same HP:EXP ratio listing? You can clearly see the other bosses/expeditions of Neo Tokyo are 7.44~9.13 HP:EXP while the non-Neo Tokyo bosses have 6.98~9.54 HP:EXP (assuming what I have for Zakum is the correct value), not including Shao/Scarga. Nameless Magic Monster has an abnormally high HP:EXP of 13.04 HP:EXP and can only be compared to doing a SINGLE boss of the Scarga expedition which is 15.5 HP:EXP. Keep in mind that Scarga has a Best-in-Slot headgear and can be used to make farming a good helm much easier (and after the exp buff, Scarga remains in decent place due to it).

I'm only recommending reducing the HP of the NMM to be more in line with other bosses in the game. If you're really thinking that lowering the HP of Nameless Magic Monster would lead to power creep, I can only assume that you haven't played an attacking class to lv200 and haven't done daily runs of the meta Bosses. Horntail is obscenely lucrative with the amount of exp it gives (7.93 HP:EXP) while also giving insane loot TWICE a day. The people who upvoted you can not deny that Horntail is insanely good and is the most efficient boss to run.

I'll repeat what I said before, I'm only recommending reducing the HP. That can be something of 50m~80m HP reduction so that it's not that much of a dragged out fight and is somewhat in line with the other bosses in the game. If you want to see it in a list:
    • 50m HP reduction - [11.53] 380,000,000 HP : 32,960,000 EXP
    • 60m HP reduction - [11.23] 370,000,000 HP : 32,960,000 EXP
    • 70m HP reduction - [10.92] 360,000,000 HP : 32,960,000 EXP
    • 80m HP reduction - [10.62] 350,000,000 HP : 32,960,000 EXP

4. Fli

Fli Donator

I guess post here would be faster.
    @Joong, Snatch still works, but Haste is now disabled, is this intended:confused:

5. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    well nmm is your only source of belt scrolls so..

6. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery Donator

IGN:
    Reciprocal
    Level:
    Guild:
    ?
    Number 3 will only happen if the map is changed back to "flying" instead of "swimming", or if the fall speed while "swimming" is the same as "flying" - look at @Johnny's video at auf and see how fast the bucc falls down from platform when getting sed (at timer 2:58 for instance). Therefore if the random sed direction gets implemented, I hope the map will be changed back to "flying", or the fall speed changed.

Johnny and Doo like this.
  7. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    So SWIM VS FLOAT
    What is Swim? Swim is like u stay a map u in Aqua
    What is Float? Old auf map, The laser map(After royal guard)

1ST let us talk about Swim

From mine video ~~~
    Swim(new Auf ) what Jobs can attack in air
    Hero O
    Pala O
    Drk O
    Bm O
    MM O

Shad X
    NL O
    Sair O
    Bucc X (no video , but dragon strike /demo can't also)
    =========================================================
    2nd let us talk about Float *Too bad , I can't make video , dk which map I can go test all characs, can only ask friend
    Float ( Old Auf) jobs can attack in air
    Hero O checked from @ray70337
    Pala O checked from @ray70337
    Drk O checked from @Tomfoolery
    BM X checked from @SolarSystem
    MM X checked from @SolarSystem
    Shad X checked from @Momo
    NL O checked from @Johnny
    Sair O checked from @Geyforlife
    Bucc X checked from @Geyforlife

==========================================================
    So only BM/MM make difference
    But u lose a lot of DPS when u using bm/mm attack , cuz fall too fast
    IF Me , use mine bm/mm to auf , mine BM/MM
    still stand Bot floor or platform to max dps

ALSO , If run auf without BUCC rn (Barrge mule also)
    @pencilroll auf run slower like 10minutes as before
    @palys auf run slower like 3~5minutes as before
    Buz they wasted a lot of time swim up and hit air

@Joong

jackfrost90123, Donn1e, KenE and 8 others like this.
  8. pencilroll

pencilroll Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PencilNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    dogs
    As previously mentioned in another post, my runs usually take ~40mins. Now it's close to 50mins which is a 25% decrease in dps from hitting nothing/repositioning. This change from flying to swimming is just making the experience cancerous in my opinion.

I'm all for it if the changes are to make the boss more challenging, but this change is just straight up annoying and does not solve the initial problem of allowing all jobs to hit while in the air (only solves bm and mm).

However, I feel that this boss should be more accessible to other players as well. With this annoying mechanic in auf right now, people that are not looking to scroll a 87 hat would simply avoid this boss and do HT instead as it's exp and (arguably) mesos is better than auf.

9. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    On the topic of hp:exp ratio, I think the tokyo bosses are much more balanced now. Nibergen used to be joke that took twice as long as every other boss for the same setup, but now I take about the same time as other bosses. I did vergamot, nibergen, nameless and dunas2 today and all of them took 15~18mins with my party with nameless being the quickest. Despite having more hp than other bosses, nameless was one of the easier bosses because it has less tricks. Well, the exp is 10m less though.

The float -> swim change in auf haven map makes it super autistic for attacking while floating--- which is kind of against the point of the change, to allow archers to attack while floating. I don't think any of us (including admins/gms) realised this side-effect though.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Memester, Tsue, pencilroll and 4 others like this.
  10. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

So I've been waiting a few days to really get a good feel of the new Neo Tokyo changes and here are my conclusions after running every single boss multiple times:

Vergamot:
    Same as before, no sign of the new scrolls or nano plants, very very dry and is a waste of time to run.
    Not much to say here.

Nibergen:
    Feels much better to run, cancels are not as annoying, and while using my pally + tl I can definitely solo this daily comfortably.
    WS fragments drop a lot (might be luck) which is nice.
    No sign of of the new scrolls, still a very dry boss outside of WS fragments.
    *NOT WORTH RUNNING*

NMM:
    Scrolls droprate was always low, but it's a very easy boss to run and I think it's worth trying for a belt scroll daily, while often getting 5k NX and WS fragments.

Dunas V2:
    I'm satisfied with the gameplay changes here, now I'm able to rush,snatch and pin which makes this boss much more doable.
    While this boss is now very possible to solo, it feels much better in a duo.
    Now for the drops - this boss is still VERY VERY dry and the droprate for both rush 30 and WS fragment seems low.
    I've been soloing this boss daily since the patch and never got a single WS fragment, while stacking all the others (I don't know if I'm just unlucky tho).
    So while this boss is nice to run now, its not rewarding at all.

Auf:
    The recent changes are a little bit weird to me, and I still don't have a solid opinion on that, lets look at some pros and cons:

+ life is easier for shads, because when you get knocked up in the air you now land back down fast enough for the combo to keep going
    + easier for melee jobs to reposition quicker
    + no snatch
    + makes life a little harder for NLs because 1) it's harder to attack clones in the air 2) you fall down quicker while getting seduced 3) you can't really float above head height and attack anymore
    + MM/BM can somewhat attack in the air (it's too annoying tho, people prefer staying on the ground).

- causes a major bug where u can swim above the map with your mules and not be in any danger
    - makes life EVEN EASIER for buccs because you can reposition after sed quicker, making them even more necessary and busted
    - eliminates the floating aspect of the fight, nobody really bothers with that anymore, now you just stand on platforms or on the ground.

So in conclusion my suggestions would be:
    - revert the auf swimming change, look what you can do with the platforms and with changing how barrage works (for example - having barrage not knock while missing)
    - buff the scrolls drop rate by A LOT
    - make the WS fragments tradeable to encourage party play (and for reasons i mentioned a few comments above)
    - on a side note, let us jump down in Nibergen, that weird middle platform is too awkward

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    GunzGaming, Rielle, Tect and 4 others like this.
  11. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  12. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Hiya, I was waiting to run multiple times to get a feeling of the new update ^_^'
    So for Auf's 2nd body:

- Removing the top right platform made it so that you now have to pay more attention to your bishop, and made washing it even more important, I already had some bishop mules die when they didn't pay attention.
    For other mules it didnt make much difference, since most people kept them at the platform below anyway to rebuff quicker.
    - Lowering the bottom left platform (where buccs used to attack from) barely made any difference, not only my bucc gets stunned exactly 0 times every run, now i can also use the whole platform to attack instead of just the edges.
    It's also easy to keep it pinned while not getting touched at all, so you are definitely not in more danger.
    - The real "victims" of this update in Auf seem to be shads, they get stunned left and right and even die sometimes despite having high hp.

So I have mixed feelings about this update when in comes to Auf fight.
    It's a step in the right direction for sure in terms of removing the mule platform, but the new bottom left platform together with the avoid nerf make shads suffer now while buccs are just happier.

On a side note, I didn't see any changes regarding the 10% ring scrolls drop rate, making WS fragments tradeable or making jumping down at Nibergen possible, could anyone explain what's the thought process behind that?
    I'd love if you could give this a read @Joong

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Kenny and CreamGoddess like this.
  13. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    Not sure if this was the intended effect - I wonder why buccaneers don’t get stunned there. iFrame OP or bug?

Having said that, not sure if permastun is a good spot for melee attackers in auf either. Auf’s stun lasts forever.

14. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Seems not entirely related to iFrame, because when the fight used to be on the ground i spent like 50% of the time being stunned :')

15. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Shad can attack on the bottom left 2nd platform without being stunned. I did that in my solo auf and was stunned only once or twice
    fake news. Shad somehow gets stun at 2nd bottom left platform now...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  16. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

yes, but when you have a bucc with you, barrage makes the hitbox smaller so you cant hit from there and have to play on the ground instead.

17. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Some of my guildies presented a concern about this. They said barrage naturally drives the character forward and the lowered platform should lead to inevitable contact with Auf once a while - which can be fatal for Buccs who washed little. These are ofc paper theory so we are keen to find out from those who experienced the new map already. Can you please explain a bit more about how a pinning bucc can easily prevent making contact? A footage would be great too if anyone has them.

18. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I didn't actually take any footage, but it has to do with the fact that you can now use the whole platform instead of the edges.
    You pin auf to the corner while standing at a safe distance around the middle of the platform.
    If you just mindlessly spam barrage you will eventually fall into auf, but you just have to take a little step to right after each time you attack.

sparky95 likes this.
  19. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I’m interested to hear this from a bucc perspective, am i right to say right now is easier for a bucc to handle or even solo this content?
    If the past difficulty is 10, how would you fair the difficulty it is for bucc to handle it now?

Btw the hitbox for auf feels kinda weird especially the left platform. Where NL is unable to hit auf with triple throw when auf is pinned left. I’ll make a bug report on this.

20. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

It is easier for sure, but not by too much.
    If it was 10 in the past, it's maybe 8 now.
    It's possible that you get touched a few times while getting auf to the corner, but once she is there it's easier to keep her there now.

Jooon likes this.