Class/Skill Warrior rebalanace

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Ayane, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

So please explain how, because even if you hit constant 199k with both weapons, the difference will literally be falling 8.5% of the times instead of 10%.
    I don't understand where else the damage comes from and from MY OWN experience as a 200 pally with decent gear, who played both carabella and claymore for months, it doesn't feel true.
    If you want people to take this seriously please share the math behind it, if not it's just misleading.

Jooon and lxlx like this.
  2. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

It doesnt matter that it hits a lot faster, were talking about a full buffed paladin and that's also how it should be tested.

lxlx and patnais77 like this.
  3. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

So how does carabella hit faster if both weapons are max speed with SI? im not sure i follow

lxlx likes this.
  4. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I dont know anyone else except me who has a 200 Paladin and played both Carabella and Claymore for months, so I think I have the answer you need.
    They both attack at the same speed with SI and the only difference is 10% -> 8.5%.
    The reason I insist on that is because that is something i already tested first hand and I believe saying that it's close to a bucc's damage is misleading.
    Please share the math if/when u can.

lxlx likes this.
  5. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    As far as I'm aware, all skills are the same exact speed regardless of the weapon type as long as they're in the same speed tier. So a carabella+booster+si Blast is the same speed as a Claymore+booster+si Blast, which is also the same as a crushedskull+booster+si Blast.

Donn1e likes this.
  6. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Impossible. What kind of endgame gear are we talking about? 63 CGS? I highly doubt a 1H will outdps a 2H in the conditions you did your test on due to the higher multiplier 2h provides. The only way i see 1h player outdps-ing a 2h player is when both are hitting cap at a very high rate, making guardian the only difference maker, but then again, as @Donn1e has pointed out, it's only a 1.5% improvement at best case scenario theoretically.
    Also, your suggestion of using 1h as an alternative to removing damage cap is terrible, the level of gear needed to actually bring 1h to the same dps level as that of a 2h is ridiculously high. Basically spend 300b more to do a measly 1.5% damage extra. L o l .

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    ksnur, Johnny, smilinsphere and 2 others like this.
  7. Geazy

Geazy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    JustFriends
    Level:
    Guild:
    Obscure
    I assume the claymore didn't have SI?

8. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    You seemed to have forgotten a lot about your test or maybe it wasn't as thorough. Carabella is the same speed as st and its significantly weaker than 2 handed swords at higher fundings. If you remembered carabella being faster than claymore its because you did the test without SI and instead should have done it with SI or replaced the claymore with an st.

Donn1e likes this.
  9. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Personally, i feel the general knowledge of how attack speed work on swords for example
    carabella = fast (5)
    Flame sword/Pyrope sword = fast (4)
    & BiS weapon of choice is crucial while testing for future content with the intention to or not to tweak this class, or even sharing your test information with the players.

Shiyui made quite a intersting post below, might be a interesting read.
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/perfecting-red-katana-as-hero-endgame-weapon.72148/#post-375059

if Bean would be part of your test.
    This here below might be a fun read for you too.
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/all-in-one-warrior-weapon-comparison.57467/

i hope this helps.
    —-
    For other players that for some reason want to make a carabella as your weapon of choice.
    Its somewhere around the “meh” side.
    I wouldn’t recommend it.

Kenny and Donn1e like this.
  10. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Regarding warrior balancing - As someone who has played each individual warrior sub-class to arguably end game status, i can attest that they are not balanced right now, and do have a few suggestions to actually balance them out.

Hero
    People are always comparing hero to drks, and since the drk buff, heroes are no doubt in my mind the inferior of the two. My proposed change would be to
    - Change ACA/CA to be undispellable like how echo is
    - Rework panic to do more damage through the introduction of extra lines. Also, adhering to the CA name Combo attack
    - Lower the rate of gaining orb charges (e.g instead of getting 2 orb charges per hit, 1 orb charge every hit)
    - Increase armor crash AOE

This change would see that, only with attentive gameplay (constantly using panic whenever charge is full), heroes will outdps drk in a single target scenario, in the same concept that in a multi-target scenario, drks will outdps hero with attentive gameplay (zerking) since panic is only a single target skill. This change would add more depth to the hero gameplay and require users to actively play their heroes for maximum DPS efficiency instead of brainlessly spamming brandish on everything.

Dark knights
    Imo, drks are in a good spot right now. The only change i'd probably want to see are maybe changing beholder healing intervals to make potting while zerking more manageable.
    - Instead of 500 hp every 4 secs, perhaps 100 hp every sec, reason being that its easier to consistently pot up to 14.9k hp, perhaps making certain bosses like lady boss zerkable.

Paladins
    I have wrote quite abit on this in the other thread, and ill just quote abit from there. If you're interested in the entire post, link is https://royals.ms/forum/threads/new-crash-change-feedback.188147/page-6
    - Remove element weakness from certain bosses and their body parts
    - 2 line blast

If these changes are implemented, this would see that

Heroes would have a more interesting gameplay and be better than DRK in a single target scenario ONLY with attentive gameplay.
    Paladins would arguably be the strongest single target dps class when there is elemental weakness.

Basically,
    Paladin = single target
    Drk = multi target
    Hero = balanced between the two

ksnur, PaddysPub, GunzGaming and 7 others like this.
  11. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I couldn't replicate my previous results so my statement was false. I spotted one testing issue, is that when I switched weapon, the sword booster was removed and I failed to notice it. oof

OrcaGel likes this.
  12. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

But Kenny, if the sword booster came off when you switched weapon, and as a result you got much lower damage when you used Claymore,
    how come Carabella still did similar damage to Bucc in your calculations?
    It doesn't add up, and I'm not calling you a liar and don't mean to call you out,
    but you are dealing with very sensitive subjects when you have a strong voice regarding balancing classes.

I really ask you to make sure again and again that you get the right numbers when you test things, because ultimately it affects us all...

ksnur, Johnny, Defunctional and 6 others like this.
  13. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    *nodding along to all the math I don't get and gear I'll never wear* totally.

I'll be honest about hero, they just have nothing saucy going on with them in 4th/end game except rush/gaurdian. I have a paladin, I like their ele rotations, huge lines, crash, and HH. I have a 10x dragon knight waiting for the day polearms are viable.

I really want to play 1h axe hero, but they just look incredibly dull/mindless, no party assist... they don't look very fun. Enrage is useless unless you're an ironman, panic/coma hold you back in 4th and have bad synergy within their own system, shout has low/no relevance. They are a good inbetween class in damage only, but they have nothing heroic/interesting going on.

Gimme a reason to use coma/panic; darkness on panic, gimme ignore cancel on coma (or 60% ignore). gimme something more heroic for enrage (KB effect, +STR, stun/status resist, rush speed), better magnet, etc. ACA undispellable (but possibly lower duration) is possible and I'm for, because it's unlike just pressing holy charge, hero has to regain 10 orbs. Heroes just feel incomplete, in my personal opinion.

Just give panic/coma cooldowns (10ish seconds, or more) within ACA instead of orb consumption, but require 10 orbs, increase MP cost for both

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    GunzGaming and PaddysPub like this.
  14. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    All of the above please gm.

I'll drink the double blast koolaid if these changes happen.

Also removing some elemental weaknesses that make no sense at all, makes sense. And reworking some current elements are a must. Like, Zak is a demon thingy in hell. Why the hell is he weak to fire? Dude is literally sitting in lava. Is my fire from my blast hotter than Earth's core? No. Pokemon element logic here guys. Zakum is rock/fire. Fire not effective.

So, in GMS, paladin really only ran things with archmages. 1. Since we are the outcasts in bossing. 2. They where designed to run together. (Magic crash+ ice/fire demon, single target/multi target mixed)

If archmages also see a buff to make them viable and people play it. I would easily be able to run as a paladin with archmages once again like I did when I was 13. And it not take 4 hours long and be super fun. teaching people how to archmages/paladin HT would be awesome.

lxlx likes this.
  15. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    Hai sir u clearly werent listening to ut 4th job instructor's story about zakum. Zakum is a tree that took over the statue n it can be seen clearly in the background of the zakum map after the statue dies >:(

lxlx, Memester, Cooler and 2 others like this.
  16. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Also the desing and some animations are more related to gods than demons, is not "hell", its really a reference to a volcano....

17. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Nerds. It's literally sudowoodo on fire that ate too much taco bell and now it's pissed cuz it grew too many arms.

Relmy likes this.
  18. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    GunzGaming and PaddysPub like this.
  19. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    SO IM RIGHT. HA. FIRE HELL TREE THATS ROCKY AND SITS IN HELL. CASE CLOSED. Also explains why the NPC's all look Islamic. Lol but anyways...

He should be like, holy or ice weak. Just do what @lxlx said. K thanks bye

20. smilinsphere

smilinsphere Donator

IGN:
    LadyLeaf
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    [♛] DIVINITY
    Keep in mind, adding more ice weakness to Zak during his main body phase is gonna be more of a pain for Pally's against those splitting blue mobs he summons ~f4