General Feedback Thread: Mules and Multi Client

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Dasha, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    so wld it be a choice or automatically decided by the client/server to auto pot which char? cos if theres a choice then might as well select auto pot for mule, self pot main. but if its auto selected, how wld u go about doing it? only active if they attack?

2. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Lemme give a different insigth then, I admit it seems a bit harder now that what it was 2-3 years ago. almost 2/3 of my royals life i have been muleless, and till now, despite i have 4 mages and several mules i barely use them(aside my cr mule, wich i was using pretty often), and you know what? i just felt like being "behind" a short period of time. When someone told me about i haved to make mules, i just didnt wanted to, it wasnt fun for me back then, so i just didnt, and focused into increase my range. Making mules back then wasnt fun(for me) and it distracted me to reach my main goal, a high range. I just found creative ways to bypass the "mule meta"( as buying signs from friends with appples or mesos, or sell the zhelms or htps to ppl who can bring an utility and say to the one leading the pt "hey i can bring my drk+"this" utility buff, also i have a buyer") i remember this now, mainly because at the beggining of this thread ppl mentioned the "Lyka issue", there was no lyka issue, i managed to get a ton of CS there against campers WITH A SINGLE CLIENT, even worse, a drk LOL, the actual issue were that ppl go there, try a few minutes and like they saw a few ppl camping they inmediately leaved, and came to forums to cry about it. You ppl were just to softies and not creative at all(and i was not the only one right @Jamberry ?) . Something similar happens to several clients. I have several friends who, for whatever reasons(mainly bcs they cant hold their gambling adiction) cannot save enough money to get good gears, so they just compensate it with several utility jobs, i bring the power they bring the mules.(same thing happens with several ppl who, get bored of specific jobs and just start over with others, with multiclient theyre growing as PLAYERS not on specific jobs, and thats why they can fit in high tier pts.

Also i have to mention, it seems like most of you guys think that mules replace ppl entirely, it never happened to you, that you really want to run, even having an...SE mule for example, and you actually preffer an active bm?, and you cannot find one?, for real? are you playing the game? with 2(3 now) MUST jobs in pts, limiting MC, or even mules would be an awful mistake.

Now im actually having fun pushing me to the limit, using several clients on a job that its already hard to manage per se.

TLDR.- Play the way you want, and if youre getting rejected, it might be because of ignorance( if youre a 12k pally and got replaced by a 5k nl the recruiter was just dumb) or bcs youre trying to fit in a too pro pt, find ppl who is in your game state.

This is in case you were interested in a person opinion, who didnt used mules, but its not against them either.

Jamberry, Kenny and Nessi like this.
  3. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    For example, what if 1/1 from bosses don't trigger pet auto pot?

Since this may screw Drks, if it can happen when there's has been no activity in the past few seconds from the character, it'd be even better.

Staff mentioned their intention to "add" more to the game instead of taking things away. There's inifinte ways to make current bosses more scary and threatening.

4. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    *cough* conveyor belts from ludi on all the platforms/ground and lets give all bosses (mini bosses included) sed and the ability to zombify *cough*

5. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    Do you have mules? If so, How many and what do you use them for?

Yes, HS, 2 Archmages, SE, and SI. Used to use them for bosses/farming but not anymore.

Do you think multi-client gameplay has contributed positively or negatively to your experience playing MapleRoyals?

Negatively. It's truly shocking how many times I've encountered a single player hoarding 10+ channels of the same map for farming purposes, and that's just for farming. The negative impact for bossing is immense too, Bishops as a main class have been phased out of existence due to mules, and many more classes are passed over on if one of the players has a mule for said class. Leveling and playing mules wasn't fun either, but it was something that I had to do in order to gear up, as selling leech while farming is the only reliable way of making mesos early on.

What's your opinion on the effect of mules on the game?

It's noticeably hurt the game's sense of overall community, it and a few other things have definitely contributed to a somewhat toxic feel on the server. It pushes the game's end state so fast that you're almost required to mule many characters at a time to stay competitive with even midrange players, let alone high end players. It widens the divide between new & old by a lot due to the required initial time investment, and makes playing solo characters not viable in end game. Honestly, the problem with muling is that in one way or another it comes at the expense of some other player. Either there's now one less map to go around for everyone else, or one less player invited to a PQ/Boss, and when a lot of people start muling, those "other players" add up very quickly.

An interesting solution to mules in boss runs is having semi-instanced loot. This'd mess up the selling of boss runs economy(which is pretty exploitive of new players anyways, so that's a plus imo) but would solve the issue of bringing mules for larger shares of the rewards in a lot of cases, and would change boss run muling reason to convenience which would already help get new players into boss parties.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Anguer, Tsue and stradi like this.
  6. negachin

negachin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    negachin
    Level:
    Guild:
    crew
    Do you have mules? If so, How many and what do you use them for?
    BS/IL
    I never use them tbh, after making them I found out that I hate multi client, I guess the only think I use my BS for is to sign for cwkpq
    Do you think multi-client gameplay has contributed positively or negatively to your experience playing MapleRoyals?
    To be a 100% honest, I think it would be more negative than positive, but it could be just me idk. I think it would be much more fun if the players actually need to work together if they need specific skills for bosses. That way all jobs get their own use and responsibilities.
    But I'm not really a pro player, I just like to get online and interact with ppl at this point. So I can't rlly relate to all of these daily HT runners.
    What's your opinion on the effect of mules on the game?
    Personally, I think the game would be more fun if mules and multi cients werent a thing.

MaiAh likes this.
  7. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    That's a bug that should be fixed regardless of whether we do anything to mules. Then what are some things you would like to see added to boss mechanics that promotes participation diversity?

8. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    That 1/1-no-autopot was my own suggestion to make muling a serious challenge. The current auto-pot failure from 1/1 is not really a bug but a client limitation that only allows single pot consumption per trigger.

Additional boss mechanics I'd like to see are
    • Enhancing att/def up buffs from bosses to increase the necessity of Hero/Drks (crash) in boss runs but not to an extreme degree that may turn them into additional crash mules.
    • Increase normal mob spawns from all bosses. This gives more incentive to melee classes as well as Marksman who can easily clear them with piercing arrows if timed correctly.
    • Make certain magic attacks deadly or 100% KB to force reposition from every participant.

MaiAh, Dasha and Cooler like this.
  9. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    Sounds like the current state of Nibergen - I disagree with the notion that muling “must be nerfed” or made more challenging.

Snake, Relmy and Donn1e like this.
  10. ZJZJ

ZJZJ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ZJZJ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsuki
    HP potion not working at the proper hp alert levels when mages are hit with 1/1 with magic guard on is definitely not intended, and thus a bug. Not just autopot failing sometimes (which happens to everyone regardless of job), but something replicable every single hit of 1/1. Fix, plox

IJustinI and MaiAh like this.
  11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    You are referring to the infinity buff glitch which is a different topic on its own with a specific condition. I was referring to the general 1/1 autopot failure.

12. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    What are your opinions on the seduce mule in HT? I listed out a few of my observations to spark the discussion
    • easier to run HT for the casual player
    • seduce, is not lethal anymore
    • no longer need the seduce class such as warrior classes
    • no longer need an active bishop since seduce mule don't need heal
    • seduce mule is nearly unkillable in HT after tail
    • seduce mule requires very minimal attention (cast meso guard)

MoldySoup likes this.
  13. Alstero

Alstero Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Myrmicia
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion~!
    Stop fking nerf or change anything about HT and Bring back Total crash. Thank you.

Johnny, lambchop, Taehyunn and 3 others like this.
  14. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Considering for another shadower nerf really?
    Bishop can still be muled, tombstone mules will be a thing, bucc is meta and res can be easily used.

high avoid shad/NL can still easily will out simply with holy shield buff during dangerous situations.
    Simply understanding the timers of incoming sed casting shield before it happens is more then enough to play around this problem.

Jen123, 2ScoopRice, Taehyunn and 5 others like this.
  15. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Since the majority dislike any kind of nerf, "buff" the boss (HT) and leave the classes untouched. Increasing the seduce duration alone can solve the seduce mule abuse issue.

MaiAh and Jooon like this.
  16. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Since ht don’t seduce much anymore, why bring sed mules right? less mechanics to worry about. LOL

17. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I consider it as a buff to seduce class and bishop. The seduce class (such as high hp warrior) and active bishop were much needed to do HT but not anymore with the sed mule. It's an open discussion and not necessarily needed to "nerf" shadower. Perhaps an alternative way to reduce the impacts of seduce mule. We don't wanna buff HT too strong that casual player can no longer do HT either

MaiAh likes this.
  18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    From my understanding, to lead this discussion further.
    Problem #1
    A 15k HP NL can sed better then any 30k warrior with a active bishop.

Problem #2
    Bishop mains not being invited to runs, not just HT but auf as well.

Is this correct?
    ---

Lightning 1/1s & Fire 1HP can be adjusted to be 100% accuracy & pierce MG
    Seduce NLs abusing holy shield mules will no longer be viable.
    Meso guard nerf, this will cripple sed mules that many players have already invested in.
    I can only see this change to be disruptive.

Imo this adjustments are not required.
    Is it hard for casuals now? are we trying to reduce solo/duo ht runs?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  19. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    @Kenny What exactly is the purpose of this discussion? Is there something so disruptive that needs to be changed? From what I'm interpreting based on your recent replies, you are trying to make it easier for casual players to run horntail?

2ScoopRice, Johnny, lambchop and 7 others like this.
  20. AshPile

AshPile Donator

IGN:
    AshPile
    Warriors (except pallys) are not wanted in HT not because of sed mules, but because THEY SUCK.

If you want to see more warriors joining HT, buff them, not nerfing/tweaking sed or shadowers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.