Levels 1-120 Balance.

Discussion in 'Closed' started by GunzGaming, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Hugoob

Hugoob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hugoob
    I like the idea of adding bonus HP given after completion of the PQ. The whole reason I even leech my new characters instead of playing through these levels is the necessity of HP washing for end-game bossing.
    Obviously, it goes without saying that if this were to be implemented, a cap on how much HP you can gain per PQ should be added as well so this doesn't get abused.

DeCero and GunzGaming like this.
  2. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I haven't had time to update post since update 70-70.1, will do it soon. They did more changes, hopefully more to come in future patches

3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I think some level gaps between pqs is a good idea too, even though we are trying to promote pqs. If you don't leech, you can just jump straight to the next party quest for a long time. You probably won't do any quests or any grinding or traveling or item hunting and just live in in pqs for a long time.
    I do agree about the orbis exchange, but washers/tooth merchants will really loudly complain. Maybe just take zombie teeth off the list, that would boost alternative spots

85-120/135 is probably the most painful grind and without much content. Early levels are packed. Apparently there is some new region on the way, and I'm guessing it's probably golden temple because it's technically it's own region and has a boss with a valuable helm, but we'll see about that? I'm praying it's not the roman area that was around orbis, that was insanely drab and boring.

Either way there's still really fun and level appropriate pq content we could add: dragon rider pq, lord balrog boss pq, both could be fit between 90-130. Pvp too! Lol pvp was fun.

Also for pqs in general I think randomization is a concept worth considering. It gives a lot of life and dynamism to things like games that can be super linear and not change at all, the break in expectation is refreshing. Rooms could simply be out of order, flipped horizontally, contain different mobs, mimics (mimics in bonus rooms would be great too), require different items or different amounts. KPQ did a good job of this in a nutshell, the different answers, and the code sequences were good (if somewhat frustrating) examples. The code sequencing is a good randomizer aspect that maple used in a lot of their pqs (GPQ, amoria) but even just flipped maps, out of order rooms and variety in requirements, along with variable party exp boosts, like in pirate pq would be refreshing

Also making the dead mine require more than one person in a party is something to consider, and buff exp and random rewards (would be an annoying hurdle for hackers too?). Some extra exp for guild members in the party, or offer extra guild points? Tokens of teamwork too
    Its a pretty frustrating pq but could have some more incentive besides just the zakum stepping stone aspect and required party members would mean people would want a little something in return for helping folks, and could open a few new doors for fun there. (Also mimics getting monster cards and drops like jeeesh c'mon!)

But there is definitely content out there still that could be refitted (omit weird items/scrolls that don't jive here) to these levels that would take a lot of the grind out of 100-135. Or lord balrog could even be end game refitted, would be rad to see the original baddie as a final boss

And to be devil's advocate for one aspect of balancing 1-120, specifically 70-120 for chief bandits, give bigfoot an actual dangerous magic attack. This won't affect ranged chars or warriors, but it would affect cbs hiding in dark sight, it's extremely easy for them to powerlevel. Leps got their mp back, and a m.att for farmers. Bigfoot's m.att isn't supposed to do 1 damage, it was actually fixed relatively soon after its release, and so was it's iframe glitch, as well as the iframes glitches from lots of CWK mobs

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  4. DeCero

DeCero Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kloxz
    Level:
    I see a lot of people wanting to nerf orbis etc. and in my opinion, if you nerf Orbis Exchange, you will kill a meso income for low levels. Orbis etc. and npc was my entry to this game in terms of meso and marketing and I am not for taking this away from a new player. It’s also great to grind at lower levels while also knowing you’re making money at the same time.

IMO, I feel a nerf to the exp amount may be good as rich players will still end up buying the teeth while new players can benefit by selling more but I honestly am not too sure. (Can drop the price but I doubt it)

This honestly should be another thread but I feel orbis exchange is great as it allows you to do something with etc drops rather then just plainly npcing them. All mob etc. should strive to be like this and again, I applaud Elin forest for implementing this. Closer research will show you that zombie teeth isn’t the only viable Orbis etc so I’m here to give you an example for those that do not know

Yeti horns & Pepe Beaks - drop table isn’t formidable, but valuable, but ice valley 2 has an npc on the map. Those Pepe beaks are $$$. A chance to get Steel and Mithril in this market is great meso income

Luster Pixies - Maple Scanda and valuable equips drops. I think they drop a valuable ore but I forgot

Nependeath Seeds - Honestly if honey was more valuable (8-10m) which I do see being possible with more hacking/bottling bans, this would be pretty viable spot.

Please don’t lump orbis exchange with NLC forging. Although they are similar, the way to obtain the materials are quite different and requires effort from another.

chainyu0220 likes this.
  5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Im fine with exp going down a bit, but I mentioned teeth specifically because they are so easily massed when hunting gold teeth, or cleric/priest grinding, which every other person makes, and also, we had a big gold tooth hacker problem that crashed the gold teeth value and that market never recovered. For all those reasons I think just taking teeth off is fine, there are tons of other orbis exchange items (nependeath seeds, when hunting honey, easy to get 1k of them)

6. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    People want to level as fast as possible. Are there any quests or grind spots that make sense and give great EXP for the effort? Should quests be buffed in EXP? I'd rather people live in PQs and make friends and level up (this will help retain players in the server) than feel on their own and have a hard time leveling up through grinding, giving up on the server.

7. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Party exp was buffed. Quests already do give buffed exp but imo it could be a bit more. The problem could be that pqs are just the only leveling pipeline and linear meta. Just a few levels in between some of them would encourage players to quest and travel inbetween the pipeline. Not all have to have gaps, but if you find a good cpq2 trade group, you essentially don't have to buy any potions or leave spiegelmanns office from 30-71, and you might not even need to buy potions but a few times between 10-30 because kpq is great. 30 you can go straight to cpq, then ppq or cpq2, then ppq, and even with the nerf cpq2 is still the fastest

8. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    I really don't know what to say regarding CPQ, because while I do find it problematic (powerleveling as you describe), I too have benefited from it. CPQ was always something I couldn't stand, and was happy to get done with it after level 71 for various reasons. Last time I checked, the competition of Royals didn't have CPQ for this reason. What would an alternative be to CPQ? (I'm not suggesting a big nerf or removal of CPQ, just curious of this)

9. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Just slap on daily limits. If you find a party that can stay, you can get to 71 in a few hours, and this is after it was nerfed. The exp also gets much faster the higher level you are. You can level almost twice in 10 minutes around 66/67

10. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Reducing the amount of exp rewarded in orbis exchange would just make merching it more viable. I don't think it really effects the play-style since washing is a thing. If HPwashing/leech meta was changed, orbis exchange would lose popularity since leveling up yourself is so fast. Its just a luxury.

If I ran the server I would delete CPQ. Unless it was made in a way to actually be competitive and reward people for winning. Not a trade win power level area.

11. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Just put like a limit of 15 runs a day in both cpqs. or just lower the win/lose exp reward to be like 6 or 7% whatever your level since most of the exp gain is from killing mobs without fear of death/exp loss and without any potion consumption for 40 levels

12. DeCero

DeCero Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kloxz
    Level:
    I do not agree with removing zombie teeth for orbis exchange due to your reasoning. @Cooler

Gold teeth farming is hard, why make it less viable?
    There’s nothing wrong with making a priest to get teeth and grind either.
    Don’t balance around hackers...

13. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    For a lot of reasons it's not a bad idea to either lower exp from the eq, or take teeth off, and not just for hackers. The reward for farming lost gold teeth is that you can go to zakum, not sell regular teeth, anyone can still sell any of the other exchange items for the same benefit. The other reason is that teeth are the most sold exchange item because of priests. It wouldn't change much if reg teeth weren't an option, you would just move to a closer map, not the top of el nath. Its not to punish anyone because of hackers its just to curb how exploitable the fast the exp from the exchange quest is
    My point about hackers farming gold teeth was that it's now so unprofitable to farm them except for the one time yourself that there's no reason anyone really does it, so it's not a big loss since most folks likely just sell the reg zombie teeth from the one time they have to farm gold teeth, unless they just buy them.

An inbetween is just lowering the xp from zombie teeth

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  14. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I'm not down to nerf anything that currently makes mesos @Cooler. I'm all about creating substitutes or changing meta that fixes issues. If the rest of the changes I proposed where implemented, and the hp washing meta changed, the amount of Orbis exchange quest being done would severely drop.

Not sure if y'all noticed, every update a change or two is done. We're getting there.

15. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Lowering the exp from orbis eq in general wouldn't stop people from making money
    Taking teeth off the eq wouldn't stop people from making money selling eq etc (nependeath seeds say yo)
    Or just lowering the exp from teeth wouldn't stop anyone from making money selling other OEQ items, it would only create substitutes, like you said, while curbing the exploitability/luxury of skipping 20 whole levels

16. SirRetro

SirRetro Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SirRetro
    Level:
    Even if the Thread is old.
    I dont think we should nerf exp further or rewards.
    I think its mostly the leecher who ruin CPQ + PQs in general and make unbalanced teams.

When everyone is washing in low level segment, why i should play PQ?
    Nerfing exp makes it way harder for new starter, you got no mesos, mostly rewards are shitty, no damage.
    The experience on its own, is already quite hard...
    Nerfing Teeths and stuff isnt the way either.
    I understand that the prices never recovered by the hackers, but dont ruin a good income for beginners. - The missing Autoban was here the problem :3

17. Sunrise ^o^

Sunrise ^o^ Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sunrise
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rog Gamer
    mapleroyals is no longer nostalgic because the vast majority of players want to pay leeches

instead of leveling by killing mobs or party

many complain that there are no low-level parties and that unfortunately parties are dead

I don't know what's entertaining about paying someone to help you level up

Unfortunately it is like this when I enter this server in the pre-pandemic of covid19

I can only level up thanks to the events that the server does

it would be difficult for me to level and look for parties

waiting waiting for someone to cheer up but there is no one in said place

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Aqwrd likes this.
  18. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
  19. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Um...

A few things. Why the hell is this in "closed" section of feedback?

I get that some of the things suggested have been done, but not remotely close to the degree of what i suggested.

@DickDann love the hunterx thing yall are doing. But its a game within a game.

GMs just need to continue to implement changes that will increase the servers longevity.

Leech/washing/bossing meta is seriously cutting out A LARGE portion of the gameplay that is MapleStory. So can we please continue to steer away from it? I have been hearing rumors and getting teased with news and yet to see it, only to get bottle fed half assed changes over the past 2 years.

20. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    This probably isn’t the answer you’d like to hear, and please keep in mind I’m using my experience as a player that has been here since 2014 and I do not speak for Staff when I say this.

This Server is approaching its 9th year of being Live, old school games that have been around for decades (WoW, OSRS, etc) always succumbs to the cutting corner method AKA min/maxing. Back when the Server was still new (2013-2015) tons of players were everywhere. Grinding parties, PQs were poppin’, you name it. It’s not as straightforward as you would think it would be to implement a change such as that imho.

We have been steering away from it, LHC is a completely different direction than the usual Bossing meta and it’s been a huge impact so far. You are expecting a giant explosion of things to happen in a short amount of time, which is realistically not possible.

The amount of tweaks that were done to Magatia HP Quest over the past year have been increasing. It started off at level 150, 10/20HP per quest, and now we’re at 120 starting point, and 20-50HP per quest. I’ve never spent any mesos HP washing at all and my Shad is sitting at 15k, BM is around 11k, and my DK is just at the cusp of being 30k clean. I think the mentaily is what honestly needs to be changed.

I don’t quite understand why you are having a go at this and claiming HP washing is still plaguing the system and crippling it drastically when you’ve said in other threads you really like the Magatia HP Quest and the direction we are trying to steer away from.

Yeah it’s not perfect, but for a Server that’s been around for almost a decade all we can do is work on improving it over time; and we have been.

These problems grew over time, it's not something we can fix overnight. Rome wasn't built in a day.

SirRetro, Saledor and lee1 like this.