73.3 update BM changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSwifty, Aug 6, 2021.

1. TSwifty

TSwifty Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Portafolio
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    I wanna know what everyone else thinks about this change, and making sure that im getting it right. Soul arrow working like shadow stars doesnt really do anything for me, since ive been staking arrows in the inventory to get that att buff already, besides having to do it less often, i dont get the point for it. I also dont get why getting rid of the alt +tab "bug", is it to attack the mule meta? I believe that was the half the reason why people played BM's since they have weak dps.

Pea likes this.
  2. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
  3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    1. If you don't use soul arrow why do you care. Arrows just got a huge buff anyway, you wanna use them
    2. Alt tab attacking is against tos and it should have been patched forever ago, it's afk attacking, should be really self explanatory

jcstate, Lowly, benkrong and 2 others like this.
  4. KittehIshMad

KittehIshMad Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kitteh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    I appreciate the extra damage on red arrows, and the encouragement of active SE
    but ~f12 the problem why SE mule meta is so popular is the lack of people playing archer in the first place

I'm a SE myself so I can speak a lil bit on this issue.

- We archers have extremely low health pool (the lowest among all 5 jobs), and HP washing is necessary. If you discover HP washing late (Like me, I only knew this shit existed after I'm lv80), you gotta commit suic- jk, but commit to MP washing, which is heavily expensive (Twice of regular HP washing). I personally spent over 15~20b just for fixing my HP.

- The downside? I do shittier damage than I already have as an archer with HP washing (due to the need to pump up to 160 INT with pure AP). Archer generally have a very displeasing damage in the first place lol. This just makes it worse

-We don't even benefit classes like warrior, buccaneer, shadower enough, we only buff NLs significantly. I've been rejected by bucc and shad mains from expedition/bosses. Bruh that makes me real sad.

Why do we even exist in the first place. End my archer suffering.

Nobody (I mean as in, not a lot of people) wants to play SE. It just ... isn't worth so much time and effort into investing a support-position, weak character that can't function well on its own. It suckssssss.

Well I do have some constructive suggestion
    1. fix HP problem.
    2. SE buff for everyone, no capping on warriors, bucc, shads
    3. give a decent damage lol.

jMoneybags, Ayane, Saledor and 4 others like this.
  5. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I don't use soul arrow either, but we got a 6 att buff anyway!!

[​IMG]
    how do i recharge my arrows

6. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  7. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    In the past, if you use soul arrow while you having the red arrows in your inventory, the weapon attack boost does not added to your actual damage. It only reflects to you range stats.

Graces, ImVeryJelly and Geyforlife like this.
  8. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    This

This is what OP isn't aware of.

9. HikariNoPuri

HikariNoPuri Donator

Level:
    BM weak dps compared to what just Sair, NL, Bucc? BMs do not have weak DPS, they're one of the better single target classes in the game. I like this change, and I 2 to 4 client stuff on the regular so :confused:

Eli, Jesseh, Geyforlife and 2 others like this.
  10. mutism

mutism Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RuinWalker
    Level:
    btw why 10att?
    stars and bullets give 20att or more

JuliusOmega likes this.
  11. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    Well… if we’re only looking at attack, max claw att is 95 and 20 Luk, max gun att is 123 and 7dex, but max bow att is 145 and 7 dex

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    Sylafia, CreamGoddess, Dasha and 5 others like this.
  12. mutism

mutism Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RuinWalker
    Level:
    Yes, but actuall DPS is stronger the smaller the attackers
    It's funny

13. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CupOfJoe
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    As someone who plays Bowmaster (as well as other classes), I'm open-minded about this change and will need a few days of game play to see if it's overall positive or negative. Bowmasters have above average single target DPS and because of SE, heavily sought after in almost all boss runs. For their damage, I wouldn't mind taking an additional Bowmaster if I'm hosting a run. The 73.3 patch boost of arrow damage will further help close the gap to other ranged classes. I will have to remember to buff Soul Arrow more often and until then carry extra arrows just in case, but I'm sure I will get used to it in due time.

In regards to the alt+tab glitch, I have used it to my benefit while it existed. It certainly helped me, and anyone who has gone on boss runs with me will attest to that (duo attacking in krex, cwk, zak, big foot, etc), but I always felt it was a somewhat unfair advantage over other classes and I don't mind that the loophole has been closed.

Dasha, Gert, Darklit and 5 others like this.
  14. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I read the patch notes and as a BM main who does not use mules

This is an overall nerf in my opinion.

1) GMS/Staff are comparing BMs to NLs. Thats not a very healthy mindset to use as an impetus for balance.

2) A lot of factors have to be considered and we have to appreciate that minor details such as accessibility of the changes will undoubtedly affect the QOL of BMs and play a part in deciding whether we are actually "buffed"

For example, GMs buffed our red/diamond arrows with 10wa. Its nice and all on paper, but by reducing our soul arrow duration, we actually spend a lot of time rebuffing instead. Ill use a decently efficient HT run for an example. Soul arrow used to be 10mins. Lets say its at 2mins like Shadow Stars now, we actually have to buff Soul Arrow 5 times as much as what we used to.

For a 1hour HT run we have to buff soul arrow 30 times compared to the usual 6 times. Before NLs start butting in by saying "But we do it too..!" I think we have to also consider the fact that BMs do not have high avoidability and a lot of our alleged dps is lost by repositioning ourselves (Knockback). Now added with the extra "buff time", I hardly see this as a increase in dps for BMs at all. Screw the 10att I might do more dps without it.

3) Red arrows/Diamond arrows are not easily accessible. In fact, compared to NLs, we have to go even further to restock them. NLs can recharge their stars at NLC but BMs have to go all the way to Dead Man's Gorge to buy diamond arrows. Note: NLs are the one with FJ btw.
    Alternatively, we can get red arrows at showa but lets face it, why would we want to walk all the way to Showa. Some might suggest using milk to get there but why would we want to waste an ADDITIONAL use slot to hold milk when our use slot is already so full. Worse still, we have to hold arrows now?

4) Use slots. BMs do not have as much avoidability as NLs so we get hit more often and thus use more hp pots. BMs also use more mp than NLs because hurricane drains mp like a betch.

BMS DO NOT HAVE ALCHEMIST. How are we supposed to hold a decent amount of hp,mp pots along with PEs for bossing, coupled with misc items like attack pots, pet food (I made a sep thread regarding increasing this but got rejected because apparently benefits of having 3 pets is op) and scrolls if we have to hold arrows that cant be recharged?

5) Soul arrow does not work if u do not have arrows in your inventory. Wow way to make bm more useless than it already is. Note that if someone forgets to buff soul arrow or gets dispelled without knowing, hurricane depletes your arrows in a matter of minutes. One fk up could ruin your entire boss run.

So all these negatives and for what? a 10 att buff? No thank you.

Just out of curiosity, did any GM/Staff considered the option of having soul arrow include the att buff of arrows? Even if it was just +4 from diamond.

Like if the entire update just had that point for archers I would say it would be a solid update already.

I wont comment on the alt tab attacking issue because I have never done that nor will I ever bother doing so.

Please revert this change back to how Soul Arrow was originally made. Otherwise please have the decency to change the Patch Notes saying "Nerf in BMs" instead of "Buff for BMs"

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Baconfry, dhuang612, Raony and 16 others like this.
  15. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I mean, i liked not needing any arrows ever. Rip

Baconfry, RainbowWing, zoeng and 6 others like this.
  16. Dong

Dong Donator

Country Flag:
    Why server is forcing us buy arrow now? :'(

Tbh i see no point on the change of soul arrow, if a bm wants to have higher damage they can just atk w/o soul arrow , if they don’t, rather use just soul arrow instead of restocking arrow again and again.

17. Heroics

Heroics Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HeroiX
    Level:
    I'm a Marksman and i like the +10 ATK, But i would like to see Soul Arrow as optional to where it can be used with no arrows in inventory and no buff. Let the archers decide whether they want the +10 buff or not.

Please make a change to allow Soul arrow to be used with no arrows in inventory, and with the +ATK arrows as an option.

7upinice, KWJ, MoriForest and 6 others like this.
  18. Joong

Joong Developer

The difference now compared to before is that a Bowmaster attacking for one hour would previously expend 30,000 arrows (15 stacks) in 1 hour of combat using Hurricane, for a meagre +4 weapon attack. The number is now 3600 arrows (<2 stacks), for a +10 weapon attack boost. Yes you have to carry arrows, so inventory management becomes a factor (one that Archers are surely not used to). We knew this was going to be the case, of course, so we are awaiting feedback. I don't know off the top of my head if your proposal would be possible.

Fergerar, Dasha, Gert and 6 others like this.
  19. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    NLS have the skill "Alchemist" to balance the proportion of potions they need due to them having to hold stars

BMs do not have this skill. Pretty absurd imo

Evan, Pea and KittehIshMad like this.
  20. Joong

Joong Developer

Alchemist would require Night Lords to carry only 80% of Bowmaster's potions, correct, but can also only carry 60% of Bowmaster's projectiles per stack, so it's not really a solid argument. Night Lords have higher avoidability leading to a further reduced need of potions, of course, so if you find that inventory management is truly an issue for you, and other players agree, we may look at relieving this issue.

Dasha, Gert, nut and 1 other person like this.