73.3 update BM changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSwifty, Aug 6, 2021.

1. KittehIshMad

KittehIshMad Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kitteh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    I always bring amoria basket with me whenever I horntail to increase my avoidability. It's a must-go item for archers because the tiny platforms is incredibly exhausting to stay in position. I keep getting knocked off of it and climbing back up is just irritating. So amoria basket is a +1 slot for me.

Oh I also use these in CWKPQ. Fighting pirate boss is the worst as SE. that shit huuurts

sirgirre, MaiAh and Pea like this.
  2. sharonxd

sharonxd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    semu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Am I the only one who is pretty happy with the changes on soul arrow? :xD:
    Before the update I believe many of the BMs are already used to having 1-2 page full of diamond/red arrows in their use inventories for the +4 att boost (which should last for 2-3 ht runs). I don't think that inventory management would be an issue with the latest update that actually slows down consumption of arrows tremendously. Now that we can keep less arrows in inventory for the same running time, or keep more arrows to reduce the repurchase frequency. Personally I didn't find it a hassle to repurchase arrows solely for the +4 att boost, not to mention the att boost is +10 now.

Honoria, Zenif, Jesseh and 17 others like this.
  3. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I speak for all bowmen.

Yes, we find it an issue. Please relieve it for us.

sirgirre, Altea and Katsurexx like this.
  4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

Yes but some bms are casual players who just enjoy killing mobs and they dont specifically want to use 200 arrows to hit mobs for 2mins non stop. They dont want the 10wa buff if it means having to hold arrows and waste inventory slots.

I never carried arrows with me. I always bossed with just soul arrow. I chose BM over NL when I started this game because I didnt like the idea of holding ammunition and many of our fellow bms feel the same.

If the update allowed us to choose between opting in or out of using the arrows in our quiver(inventory) maybe this update would have been welcomed by all. Unfortunately this is not the case

Vano, sirgirre, zoeng and 1 other person like this.
  5. ColinKe

ColinKe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ColinKe
    Level:
    Guild:
    LPQLovers
    Im a MM. I really concern that 200 arrows for soul arrow of 2 min is really not practical; especially when it comes to mobbing.

In some circumstances, w/o soul arrows, mobbing for 2 minutes only costs me nearly 17X arrows. If i use soul arrow, it costs me more arrows.(Whats the point of that?!)

I dont know if I am the only one feels so, but i suggest that the skill time should last till 5 mins instead of 2 mins..

Graces, Ynk, Bitters and 1 other person like this.
  6. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    I'll propose give this Soul Arrow change a 1-2 weeks trial period then we'll poll for community rating.

Note that SA buff duration is 200 seconds, which translates to 3 mins 20 secs (personally timed and confirmed skill description is correct). As of current, barring boss dispel and inefficient buff management by players (spamming buff with >10% remaining duration left), 2 stacks of arrows will last for 60+ minutes which is not bad at all. Two rows of them would be 4+ hours of hunting time. In which I would have return to town way more frequent to sell of my loots in those 4 hours. I for one personally welcome this change to utilize arrows.

For cases where players abhor traveling to specific NPC to acquire those arrows, few workarounds can be used such as:
    • Players: Have a separate storage characters parked at NPC area for transferring to archer character via storage (same account) or FM trading (different account)
    • Player merchants: Setup arrow stores for those players who wish to quickly restock their arrows, just like how elixirs is sold.
    • Staff: If game coding allows, have more existing potion NPCs supply higher tiered arrows.
    There's a question I would like to ask the coding staffs for players who wish to maintain the status of using original Soul Arrow with no additional Weapon Attack benefits. Is it possible to introduce an arrow type that still trigger the old Soul Arrow mechanics? For example, Soul Arrow skill activates, coding detects for arrow type. IF that special arrow present use old coding, ELSE use new coding.

Graces, ilyssia, Gwaihir and 4 others like this.
  7. Metronome

Metronome Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Metronome
    Level:
    I get that some people might take the new update as a "nerf" instead of "buff". But as bm myself (yes, I main nl but plays on my BM really often), I do like the new patch. Getting free 6atk is a really nice thing guys. And although we need more arrows now, bms still need to carry less arrows than nls need stars stacks. the 2min soul arrow upgrade is not a huge deal. trust me! It only adds like 4 seconds buffing every 10 minutes. TBH, trading 1sec every 2mins for a free 6atk bonus is definitely worths it. This is my opinion. Haven't tried on a boss atm but I did log on bm and I'm more than happy with the changes. Good to know other's opinion though!

8. NekoYen

NekoYen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yeniiee
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    So now bm can white nl with arrow +10attk? :eek:

onekeystory and ImVeryJelly like this.
  9. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    upload_2021-8-6_17-52-11.png

My fellow archers, it's 200 secs (3 mins 20 secs)
    Stop with the 2 mins statement, you guys are mentally nerfing the buff by 40% !!! ~f3

Shnang, unstainer, Zenif and 16 others like this.
  10. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

the 6wa bonus for the negatives aint worth it im afraid. boss runs dont last 10mins. They last 1hour for ht and if u go b2b its 2hours.
    dont forget that if u get dispelled without noticing u lose more arrows.

rebuffing for 1 or 2 hours adds up to a lot of dps too

Also, pls do not compare bms with NLS. NLS have high avoid, thus less need for potions
    NLS have high avoid so less knock back, less repositioning, less loss in dps
    NLs have alchemist, lesser potions used,lesser need for inventory space

If you compare BMs with NLs then shouldnt arrows be given 30wa buff as well?

The whole point of many players choosing BM over NLs is because we dont have to hold ammunition. How would you feel if GMs took away your NL's avoid? Oh wait..

11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Even if the soul arrow remained at 10minutes its still an overall NERF. Let alone 3mins 30secs

The rebuffing point is a small negative in the big scheme of things
    Unfortunate but true.

12. McPew

McPew Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    McPewPew
    Guild:
    Savior
    So.. the way to counter a mule meta of BM is to create more storage mules. Not demeaning your point but i find it rather hilarious

Dong likes this.
  13. Bitters

Bitters Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FlimsyAim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Doppleganger
    Playing Marksman with the changes, I appreciate the attack boost, but it'll be probably a huge pain if Soul Arrow is dispelled/ I probably don't use up as much arrows as a Bowmaster.

ColinKe likes this.
  14. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    I understand your frustration as I also mained a BM to 200 without multi-clienting back in the day, but I want to correct some misconceptions here in your post and, perhaps, provide some perspective to some of your claims.

In the Dev Note regarding adjusted stats of Arrows for BM and MMs, Karven actually commented that their DPS was overshadowed by some competition... Not just Night Lords. Sairs and buccs also out DPS these classes in regards to single-target DPS, so it's not a healthy nor correct mindset to make this a BM vs. NL thing. Sure the soul arrow change was influenced by how shadow stars works, but I'll go into how they’re different later in this post.

As @FeiLongHuang posted above, there was actually a typo in the Patch 73.3 notes with the duration of the new Soul Arrow, and with checking the in-game skill tool tip and testing in-game as well, the new Soul Arrow duration is 200 seconds or 3 minutes and 20 seconds. He actually went through the math as well (in worst-case scenario) to show that the new case with Soul Arrow does actually improve DPM:

As Soul Arrow has a duration of 200 seconds (vs 120 seconds), and a stack of arrows stacks up to 2000 (vs 1000 for NLs), with ideal conditions, it takes a BM 33.3 minutes to go through a full stack of arrows. So in a traditional 1-hour HT run, you'd go through 2, maybe 3, stacks of arrows in an inventory of 96 slots. I don't know what stuff you have your use inventory that getting a few extra stacks of arrows, a stack of fruit milk, and a stack of coffee milk will blow up your inventory to be unmanageable. Also, Shrine/Showa is accessible in pretty much every major town now (even a Spinel in El Nath with this patch, hypeeee), while NLC requires a fast pass to be able to access quickly.

Like I said, I leveled up a BM to 200 as a main before, so I'm familiar with how many pots a BM has to use. Using PE, with 15-18k hp and 3-4k mp, I was using 300, maybe 400 PE per hour-long HT run. As a 200 NL, I'm using maybe 100-200 per run. I'm not sure if you're aware, but alchemist doesn't affect % pots like PE and Elixir, so your point should only be regarding attack pots when it comes to alchemist. Personally, I don't know many people that have more than a stack of stoppers and apples in their inventory at any given time, nor will anyone need to use more than a full stack of either in any boss run (I hope to god not) - so I don't understand this point.

With your point about forgetting to buff soul arrow... and... how it could ruin an entire run? This is something NLs have always had to deal with, so... it's kind of hard for me to find sympathy for you here.

Especially, since a 10 att buff (or 6 att buff if you were using att arrows before) is an enormous buff in itself, no matter how you look at or downplay it.

Although it would be extremely convenient to have kept the the att buff of old arrows and keeping soul arrow the way it was - this would not have closed the DPS gap between BMs/MMs and other classes (not just NLs), and would've just been giving the best of both worlds with no tradeoff.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that any change isn't easy to take in, especially when it's for a class that you main - but I feel like you are drastically underestimating how strong of a buff these changes actually were and the careful thought that was put behind them to balance it. It seems you are blowing up some minor inconveniences out of proportion to overshadow and downplay the buff and I challenge you to overlook your personal biases to see that your inclinations may be wrong.

(And you also don't speak for all BMs - not everyone thinks the way you do and not everyone plays BM over NL because they don't have to hold ammo, I've actually never heard anyone cite this as a reason until you did today)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Honoria, Alstero, Zenif and 31 others like this.
  15. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

I wrote that post while i was working in the office so i did not get to see the updates as specifically as everyone else did. I just gave an example of soul arrow being 2mins as what the patch notes said.
    However, even with it being 3mins 20 seconds, its still a nerf because in long boss runs we still have to rebuff and coupled with the already absurd repositioning bms have to endure, i think a 6wa increment is a nett nerf.

Also, alchemist helps increase pots like reindeer milk and ice cream sundae which a lot of bms use in bossing and outside of bossing. We carry loads of em because we use em very often. Hurricane drains mp hella fast you would know.

I said I speak for all bms for one reason - i was referring to relieving the need for restructuring inventory.

If you had the choice of having the soul arrow with its 10wa buff without the need to hold arrows compared to the way this update made it to be, im sure ALL BMs would want it to be relieved. I dont think I was out of line saying I speak for all BMs in that matter

For the avoidance of doubt, Im not against having more wa on BMs. I mean I main BM so why would I? I am just against the way the update handled it.

If GMs agree that BMs pale in comparison to other classes in DPS, just give us a flat buff in wa. Why blur the lines and put terms and conditions in like this update did in our QOL.

Just because NLs always had to deal with the issue does not mean its okay for BMs to have to deal with it too. BMs have to deal with knockbacks, carrying more potions, no flash jump but you dont see any BMs asking for NL to get nerfed on these skills.

I believe it isnt hard to just let soul arrow inculcate the wa boost without the need to actually hold arrows. Im sure it wouldnt even be considered op its just 10wa. Even with the 10wa we wouldnt white other classes practically speaking.

Screw the 10wa. Even if it was 4wa from the usual diamond arrows it would be a solid update.

16. TSwifty

TSwifty Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Portafolio
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Im not going to comment on soul arrow anymore, because that change is just whatever, didnt really change much, besides having to remember to buy arrows. and less trips to restock. The Alt+tab "bug" fix kinda killed it for me, i might be wrong on this but 50% if not more, of the people who main BMs started a bm for that reason alone... i dont get why would it be against ToS since we are allowed to have more than 1 client active "as long as we are attentive on it
    " , which BM's are since we have up to 5 buffs that we need to refresh (booster, se, soul arrow, focus and mw) plus heartstoppers, thats besides the constant repositioning due to our low avoidability, at least it made it more fun.

A very sad morning, when you wake up on the day that youre about to hit 200 on a BM and the sed mule that u spent a month on + 3 bil is worthless now. Not sure what i will do, either try to adapt once again, or just quit.

Pea, Saledor and Ynk like this.
  17. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    1 advantage BMS had was that you could use soul arrow and attack without any arrows, now if you forgot to buy arrows you are doomed.

They should make soul arrow still work with no arrows but give no damage boost

KWJ, 2ScoopRice, Yakamoz and 6 others like this.
  18. Ynk

Ynk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    i hope Hurricane still can firing awhile, Even if only for a few seconds
    pls dont let bm be the only class which cant be duo control

2ScoopRice, Pea and sharonxd like this.
  19. sharonxd

sharonxd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    semu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Yes I think it makes sense to allow hurricane to fire for about 3 seconds after alt+tab.
    Currently bm's the #1 or #2 worst class to bring a mule in a ht run as it stops attacking when you switch client :'( No matter how fast your hands are you would still lose notable amount of dps when bringing a mule.

Jesseh, 2ScoopRice and Ynk like this.
  20. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    A 10 atk buff isn't actually very powerful, let's say you use a 135 atk bow, 50 atk gear and stopper, and the bow expert skill that gives 10 atk.
    You would normally have 255 atk so 10 more is around 4% more DPS, and when you factor the rebuffs every 2 minutes it will go down to like 3%.
    When using apple and stronger gear it could even go down to something like 2% where it's not even worth the effort of buying arrows

In comparison nls have DPS of around 30% more than BM and a lot more avoid and mobility as well

RainbowWing, -Tommy-, mutism and 2 others like this.