Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This is what you just commented
    upload_2021-8-7_13-41-53.png

Or you are saying that by consuming MP. having 1 single red arrow in the inventory will allow the player to have that weapon atk buff from the arrow?

lee1, Jesseh, Tail and 2 others like this.
  2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I merely gave the old description of soul arrow as you asked

HaoSung likes this.
  3. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    alright, can you give a proper description of the soul arrow skill that you wish to change into?
    In a proper form, please. Not taking the old description and copy-pasting it.

lee1, Jesseh, Tail and 3 others like this.
  4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

I think there is some misunderstanding of the points we are putting across.

I am not asking for the update to be reverted. That would not be fair to bms who min max on this server. Im seeking an alternative which would accomodate casual bm players as this update took away an important QOL aspect.

5. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

Consumes mp to give unlimited amount of arrows for a set duration.

If character has arrows in quiver/inventory, skill will consume 200 arrows to effect any weapon attack boosts from arrows.

^ could be a possible alternative

6. Geazy

Geazy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    JustFriends
    Level:
    Guild:
    Obscure
    Just remove alchemist problem solved[;)]

Im16AndPreg and Nerd like this.
  7. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Your response to my post was based off the fact that people thought I spoke for all bm in reverting the change. Sadly this is not true as I said and meant spoke for all BMs in relieving the inventory slots usage.

Also, a huge chunk of your post was wrong assumptions of my intentions which was already addressed by me in that thread.

ie. soul arrow being 3mins 20s instead of 2mins. I have already mentioned that I was just stating what info was given to me at the patch notes and was not able to give specifics since I was working at the time.

Support for your post was mere support for fixing the 'wrongs ive said', not the update as a whole

Theres a difference

8. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    How about these simple poll options:

Do you prefer the old or new soul arrow?
    1. Old soul arrow - able to use skills without carrying arrows
    2. New soul arrow - unable to use skills without carrying arrows; arrow attacks buff
    3. Other - please specify

eVolve, Gert, Tsue and 1 other person like this.
  9. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    Hello again ,
    it could too.
    add
    1) Concentrate passive +10 w att / 50% no mana lose or give 20% more critical in this skill, for something it is called concentrate

2) Add arrows with more attack (+21 att, + 29 att can be dark or green,these arrows may have other names and color , maybe it comes from some dark dimension or things like that to give it more charm, but at the same time difficult to achieve, not just shoot diamond arrows / red

3) Increase the slot from 2000 to 5000

4) that are rechargeable,
    at least likewise improve the Marksman's Blind by 20% crit, and raise strafe from 125% to 150% so the two would be the same

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  10. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    Did you even read my post to its entirety? Once again, you're making an assumption - that my post was based on you speaking for all BMs, which that was only a minor, minor part of it (it's literally in smaller text at the very bottom of the post).

Jooon and Nerd like this.
  11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I dont think those are good optioms because thats akin to asking for a revert of the update. Thats not what im asking for

12. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Yes i did read and yes i did address what ur post was about, fixing the wrong info u thought i had.

13. Cloudette

Cloudette Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nectarines
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    wud dufuq is going on here

Jen123, benkrong, BetterNL and 6 others like this.
  14. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    This doesn't just help those who boss, surely the extra attack is beneficial in other scenarios than just bossing so that you can grind faster, quest faster, etc?

What is the casual usage of the class that you are referring to, can you give examples? I believe you have mentioned messing around in free market, and killing mobs summoned from sacks (presumably in towns), both of these places are a stone's throw away from a potion shop where you can purchase arrows, you'd just need maybe 3 slots of arrows and depending on how much you mess around doing these things, that could last you many days. And if you didn't use arrows before, and were relying on Soul Arrow, you wouldn't need to use the skill when doing these casual things. It seems like a trade of having to restock arrows every so often and utilising only a few slots of inventory space, in exchange for not needing to remember to use soul arrow when you attack (as well as the skill change greatly benefitting players that grind and boss)

lee1, Tsue, Dasha and 4 others like this.
  15. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Firstly it was Tazan that made that conclusion.

Secondly, your post was based off the wrong info i had in mine, not about the soul arrow update.

Thirdly, its clear the support i had for my post was more than the people who voiced their happiness for the update, let alone those who voiced support for mime by replying on their own

16. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    tbh I don't know what you are asking for now.... please write out a poll options that you wish to add so we can better understand what the community thinks.
    I am not targeting you but please don't pull random numbers out of anywhere. Quantitative words such as “all", "majority", "many" should not be used without proper source ^_^'

eVolve likes this.
  17. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

Saledor, I agree with you that the change affects casual players who hunt and do lame stuff in game. My basis is that the game shouldn’t be balanced for bossing. This game was initially designed to be an adventure. But as we all know, the meta in royals is a boss meta and balanced changes have been made just based on bossing and DPS.

Ultimately, whatever change it is, I dont think you should compare BM and NL as a whole. NL has arguably the worst mobbing skill in the entire game and it took a really long time to grind the lower levels. I don’t know how long it would take a bm to do the same thing, but I’ve tried with a warrior, and its way faster grind than NL.

My point is that, this game has always been balanced on bossing, so there is no point trying to request otherwise as this change does indeed improve some bossing mechanics and DPS.

18. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    All the bowman who don't use special arrows and never carried around arrows because they never, ever, had to lol.

Vano and Saledor like this.
  19. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Im not against benefitting other classes.

Im against the idea of soul arrow needing arrows to begin with. It doesnt even feel nostalgic.

Yes doing what i mentioned is a stone's throw away from pot shops with arrows. I dont mind that. But as I mentioned before, the usage of inventory slots was a factor in considering the pros and cons of this "buff"

20. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
    i think saledor wants fj,hb,si,haste, soul arrows to consume no arrows but gives 10 wa boost, 2x inventory size before he considers it a buff for se

on a serious note, literally on the other post regarding se bowmasters changes, people like Jooon have already shown examples on inventory management and explained both in layman and mathematical terms on why its a buff but you are just brushing it off, to me it seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

dark knight uses a wide range of potions to maintain below 50% hp, items like reindeer milk and melting cheese, thats the only logical reason to use different types of potions. i don't see a point of using other potions for other classes.

you are not wrong for wanting to save on mesos by using cheaper pots, by all means do so, but the trade off is using your inventory space for it, so stop crying over it, you can't have the best of both world.

having to travel to buy arrows with more attacks, my goodness gracious, i hope there is an npc that sells MTK so NLs can just buy em, instead of spending 1.3b per stack.

and you and your meme about carrying pure water, that is your own business, if you want to occupy an inventory space for the shits and giggles, by all means do it, but don't complain that you have insufficient inventory place.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    eVolve, Tail, AdventFlash and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.