Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    idk which part of my reply there mentioned anything about me using stoppers

2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    My entire reply on that thread was based on the update. Any support received on it would be support for my views on the update.
    Your reply was not based on the update but just correcting wrong information of my post. Support for your post could also mean support on correcting the wrong info I had at that time.

Theres a huge difference. You said support for your post was support for the update. That is false. Also, it was Tazan that made that conclusion not Jooon

3. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
  4. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    we can never have the good things :admincry:

also, why can't we have a civilised discussion. Stay calm and think through your points carefully instead of spamming and getting angry at others when it does nothing.

christie97, MaiAh, Shnang and 5 others like this.
  5. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    HAHAHAH i wish i can give u another like.
    Okay this thread is turning into a meme. I’m out

6. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Matt said it was possible for Soul Arrow to not consume any arrows, but problem would be that it would give the wa boost of whatever was highlighted.

Maybe it would be good to introduce a stack of "dummy arrows" that give 0 wa and only take one use slot in inventory. This way soul arrow works without consuming arrows and gives whatever buff was highlighted, aka 0 wa.

Should the situation arise where it would be too op for players to hold 10wa arrows and not have any arrows consumed by soul arrow, make a stack of dummy arrows that cannot be depleted. So even if soul arrow consumes the dummy arrows, it still stays in that singular use slot

7. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    more attack on the arrows of both archers and that's it, so the pain in the spaces they occupy is alleviated a bit and it will be more exciting to know that justice was served and that now we also have projectiles that are the same as other classes

+10
    +21
    +29
    etc , no more

8. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    What if you just buy the standard arrow and then think of it like a "dummy arrow" in your inventory

Jen123, christie97, CrestJosh and 4 others like this.
  9. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    +1 this sounds very Good to me to please every1 but even the current patch is better as before.

10 Atk (6 Atk) buff is insanely good and recharging arrows every Now and then is a justified trade of.

- 200 BM currently Maining Bucc but might get back to BM for this 10 Atk and being able to attack in Auf Haven properly

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    christie97, Relmy, Metronome and 3 others like this.
  10. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
    but i still want 10wa boost after doing so, tips pls

11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    it depletes.

12. SunMoon

SunMoon Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    I too would like a poll to see the percentage of people being affected.

In my experience, main BM are quite hard to find in general. I don’t know how you guys seemingly know dozens of friends who main BM to accurately judge how the patch is affecting BMs.

I think the patch is fine but I do not want to speak for other BMs, especially if people are already frustrated / leaving due to this.

13. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Poll thread is being created here, though it's for later time.
    If you peeps need a quick poll for today it can be done.

14. Graces

Graces Donator

IGN:
    Nathalie
    Level:
    Guild:
    -
    Imagine playing a character that wears a bow/crossbow and shoots arrows having arrows in their inventory, nonsense.

Anyways, if it is that of a problem a nice "solution" (even though I don't think this should really be that of a problem, but I'm a NL which had always carry with stars, so...) could be making a set of arrows with 0 weapon att and stackable to 5-7k.

15. Dong

Dong Donator

Country Flag:
    +1 on this.

*Case closed can we move on to Mesos guard thread 0:) (jk)

16. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VeliZer0
    Level:
    I don't think changing Soul Arrow to work like NL's Shadow Stars is a good idea at all.

1. If you Staff really want to buff Bowmaster in a meaningful way, It would be better if Hurricane could be able to shoot arrow whilst in the air because as most BM mains know, we have low avoid and we get hit pretty often during boss runs, imagine getting hit over 100x or 200 times over the course of a HT run for example, and each time the character leaps due to the knockback of being hit, during those frames Hurricane will stop working. Hence Hurricane is a flawed skill by design. Would greatly appreciate if something can be done about this.

2. Also you failed to buff Concentrate, it should be undispellable since it's a skill with term between uses aka cooldown and it just fucking sucks everytime a boss (namely HT) spams dispel and you lose your Concentrate buff, while we are at it the bonus att from the skill itself is laughable and it just be better if at least can have some increase on the damage buff and make the skill immune to dispel. The 50% mana reduction doesn't really help, it's not like we are magicians who rely on Magic Guard to survive because again I don't see how that helps BM at bossing. Maybe if you change the effect to something more useful such as BM being knocked back less distance or they get knocked back without air leaping so Hurricane doesn't lose DPS.

3. Hamstring now works on bosses? Cool. But most bosses we do are static bosses aka Zakum Krexel HT, I can survive BF cuz i washed somewhat therefore the only useful situation would be on other bosses that could potentially OHKO me such as Anego and I think Auf Haven where pinning them becomes easier thanks to this buff. But I fail to see how this Hamstring buff benefits the overall bossing panorama for the top level Bowmaster.

I wouldn't mind if you chose to fix the core issues of the Bowmaster, but instead you fixed other skills that didn't needed to be fixed. I don't see what benefits are on changing Final Attack or whatever because we never allocate SP into that skill.

Just my adding my 2 cents here.

BTW, I find it extremely odd that Arrow Bomb which is a 2nd job skill with 130% damage as per the skill states, does more damage than Lv30 Arrow Rain which is a 3rd job skill supposed to deal higher damage with 160%, but from what I've tested myself it seems that arrow bomb has like 180% damage why is this even such a thing for a 2nd skill to deal even more damage than your 3rd job mobbing skill doesn't make any sense.

TL ; DR Just fucking fix Hurricane goddamit

Fixlim, KittehIshMad and Cambion like this.
  17. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    So we did consider 1), which the closest solution we found was to allow Hurricane to work while jumping, it looked like this:

However the downside to that is it allowed Hurricane to also be used like this:

It was proposed as a change for this update but the consensus within staff was that it doesn't fit with the identity of a bowman.

Regarding 2), concentrate doesn't get dispelled for me currently. If players are having it dispelled this is a bug.

LichWiz, Gert, Dasha and 10 others like this.
  18. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Can confirm concentrate gets dispelled. I go pap daily and when i get too close i get dispelled.

The buff icon at top right of screen stays but the bonus we get on our stat window disappears back to clean range

Aradia Megido likes this.
  19. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Hurricane is a skill that doesnt even show bowmasters shooting arrows. Its literally an open portal of a hurricane of arrows flying out, aka magic arrows. Aligns with the concept of soul arrow and not needing any arrows and only needing mp alone.

Arrow rain also involves a little bit of that because its not BMs shooting many arrows into the sky and them falling down on our enemies. Its literally a magic skill if you ask me. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense for it to consume 3 arrows but hit 6 enemies without Soul Arrow.

Triple Throw on the other hand, is just NLs throwing.. stars.

If you want to get down to the fine details that all I have to say. But I dont know how to simplify my stance any further. Just trying to save the bm population since many critics here apparently dont even main BMs and are playing NLs instead.

Aradia Megido and Fixlim like this.
  20. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    I agree with that, but I would have to be crazy to use the hurricane like that, hahaha but I like that it can be used like that, I do not see anything wrong if someone wants to have fun like that

Toothbrush5 and Aradia Megido like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.