Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    the people crying about my thread mostly dont even main bm. In fact almost all of them are from the same guild lmao

im looking for an alternative that helps both casual and minmax players achieve the same update. The only reason people would be against this is if they were NLs worried about being outclassed by bms

lets face it. NLs are mad bms are getting a buff while they didnt so they try to impose their anger on the preface that bms HAVE to suffer some sort of tradeoff.

Sad to say, thats not the definition of "buff"

2. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Which is hilarious because bowman split at second job and most of the reasons for this change are being justified because of BM, there's more to the class than BM and hurricane.

The rest of your post, I don't really have a comment for. I don't think NL or BM are bitching, same way I don't think the players who are upset that core class mechanics are being trampled or annoyed they have to carry arrows are in any way in the wrong.

Wanting to have better arrows and needing to manage inventory space is a manufactured issue in the pursuit of min/max gameplay and it's completely up to the player to partake and by no means a requirement for the game. Players who used soul arrow (I would argue every bowman in 2nd and 3rd job, as designed, and for those in 4th) are the status quo, they're the ones hurt and are, if anything, allowed to be upset.

3. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I don't know if we really wanna use 'nostalgia' as the reason, cause actual nostalgic MS does not have so many inventory slots

Note: original MS inventory requires NX cash to be expanded

4. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Not to speak for others, but if removing the free inventory spots is all that was needed to fix soul arrow and remove the god damn timer from LHC I would code it myself. lol

While we're at it, let's allow players to play with 1x rate. I know that's been suggested because I brought it up myself in the discord lol

5. Inugami

Inugami Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    lnugami
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wish
    I know I'm cherry picking points and all but, I disagree with this statement-

Back in the ye olden MS day (and still is a thing in current MS too), your inventory slots are very limited that you needed to pay real money just to expand it, so good inventory management skill IS a thing back in the day.

I feel like all of us at this point are just throwing the "nostalgia" point as long as it's convenient to what we want, or that's what I thought.

eVolve, Jen123, Al3x and 11 others like this.
  6. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Not to belittle the point but we're here because Nexon shot their golden goose and made some pretty drastic changes, which eventually all drove us away.

Same thing is to a degree happening here. No one should be judging another player for their breaking point. We should be asking why, and then ask if the change was really worth it.

edit: Not all of this was directed at your post tho.

Saledor likes this.
  7. Jinium

Jinium Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    All the BMs you know quitting left and right because of Soul Arrow update? Need a happy BM who doesn't whine for your bossing runs? Look no further!

I took the liberty of filling up only 5 slots out of my 96 slots of USE inventory to do some bossing. I am extremely dedicated.
    I have 1 Stack of Juice so I can buy arrows anytime which gives me +10 attack.
    And I kid you not, wait for it. This is gonna blow your mind.
    I have not just 2 stacks of red arrows but 4 stacks of red arrows in my inventory.
    A LOT OF BMS DO NOT DO THIS APPARENTLY.

HMU!

eVolve, Jen123, Tranquilo and 10 others like this.
  8. Kloss

Kloss Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Klossy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    God

Dong, Xizted and nany625 like this.
  9. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    I totally agree this message. The main reason I play Royals is to get a nostalgic feeling. Back in time, Soul Arrow wasn't consuming anything, and was not giving any WA buff. Why would I play BM again if this skill is totally new and not nostalgic anymore ?!

I know, it looks like a kid behavior or something, but yeah, I cannot be okay with that skill change. :(

And comparing it to NL skill : Well, NL used to consume 200 stars to have infinite ammo for a short period of time. BM didn't. So, again, it's not an old version of MapleStory, it's just a new way of playing, that kills nostalgia.

Edit : Quoting didn't work. I wanted to quote Saledor's message

Fixlim and Saledor like this.
  10. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I see you are doing otherwise.

You are making wrong assumptions.

eVolve, Jiun, Jooon and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    How do you all get so much inventory space, my whole inventory is full of gach scrolls and even the mules are full lol

Vano, Tsue and Saledor like this.
  12. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
  13. sharonxd

sharonxd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    semu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Has anyone that complains about the changes on soul arrow actually tested carrying arrows in inventory and see how long can the arrows last for long-time bossing?

The magic damage bug for HT and all other bosses still exist, I don't understand why so many of the players just came to a conclusion that the soul arrow update is so bad, when you haven't actually tried running different bosses after this update (especially HT, and please don't quote me if you don't do HT, if you don't you would probably consume even less arrows than the majority that do, then I don't see why inventory management would again be a big issue for you).

It wasn't even that bad for BMs (including myself) t0 carry pages of arrows for bossing before the patch. Of course I'm not saying that if I can do it, you can do it too. I understand that we might have different practices, but what I'm trying to say here is to just test it after they fix the bug. I truly believe that it really isn't that bad as @Saledor and few others claimed.

Al3x, christie97, Gert and 4 others like this.
  14. FocalZenith

FocalZenith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrModelo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    @Ayane
    Here is what I do at least....

upload_2021-8-8_2-59-6.png
    upload_2021-8-8_2-59-18.png
    upload_2021-8-8_2-59-43.png
    upload_2021-8-8_3-0-15.png
    Off topic now but on the inventory issue: wanted to puke while making these but in the end well worth it.

Hoarding has consequences..... LOL
    tbh organizing inventory is kinda satisfying ngl, it's kinda therapeutic, like cleaning ur room
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  15. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ssIGNss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Revolution
    First you brought up wrong assumption that majority of the main BM player dislike the changes.
    Then move on to "people leaving coz of that".
    Eventually " changes is not nostalgia at all".

Assumption of "NL would get mad because of the wa buff of BM", " some people commenting here are not even BM main" aren't valid either.

Do u even try to explore other job as well? Have you compare the arrow Vs star consumption? Can you accept a NL rocking steely/Tobi in ht run?

On side note, If you're so support on "nostaglia", please don't vote, don't do ruel hp quest, wearing scrolled hp scrolls eqs instead of WA eqs, for thats the nostalgia one lol

16. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Nobody is "crying about your thread".

Why would NLs be mad that their boss runs can go faster now?

Look, I'm all for some of the suggestions in your post, increase Soul Arrow uptime, increase arrow stack size, whatever. But these random assumptions about what people are thinking are not relevant.

christie97 and Diphenhydramine like this.
  17. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    nostalgia isnt the main reason
    its the identity and original concept of the skill. same as NL having high avoid. always had and should always have it

nostalgia was just a point

i am doing exactly what i needed to do. if some people cant let it go i cant do anything about it

you dont attack someone and when he tries to defend his point you ask "i thought you werent supposed to fight back"

kinda dumb

the entire issue is based off minmax bms who go bossing vs bms who just want to chill and relax

i dont see how your point of you being a bossing bm that happily carries arrow bring anything to the discussion

its established that bossing bms are happy with the update

I am not saying the update is bad for min maxing bms. i believe u when u say its good.

but it isnt accomodating for casual bm players who dont boss that much or bms who just play the game to mess around

6wa boost is great for you guys and im happy about that. but they didnt consider buffing bms without touching an important qol skill which a lot of players picked bm for. Players like us chose this job because a factor we liked about it was that we didnt need to hold ammunition.

you're right. ill try to tone it down in future

a lot of us picked this server because of the perks it gave.

3x exp or mesos or whatever. Full inventory slots without having to pay was one of them. Nostalgic feel pre-bb was also one of them

We picked this server because it had both. If they decide to take away one of it, it would have changed our decision to join this server from the beginning.

Its not right to trivialise our need for it. Our reason to leave is justified based on how we feel. That being said, I still think royals is the best server.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2021
  18. doronos

doronos Well-Known Member

I like the new buff. It offers a trade off walk a few miles, get much stronger. If u don't wanna walk so far, you can always buy default arrows it's cheap and it's in the nearest town (no one lives in bosses forever we all recharge sometimes).
    Also, if we are comparing it to the NLs stars recharge then don't forget that NLs are limited to the amount of BF they have available (if they have 8 BF they can't recharge beyond 8000 stars) and also each recharge costs 400K, and the stars cost around 600m, while for BM you can get the arrows for 40k flat without having to pay 600m for the "container".

In my opinion this is one of the best updates done for BMs, finally involving into the gameplay the fancy arrow types.

Gert and Diphenhydramine like this.
  19. Inugami

Inugami Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    lnugami
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wish
    I might be talking out of my ass just to prove my point still, but I hear no one complaining about Ellin Forest being very different than the actual pre-BB Ellin Forest which, is really not nostalgic at all to me, at least as it feels really custom content, especially the totally brand new map layout, monster levels, the addition of Chao and the fairy boss, because it felt right to everyone I suppose? But somehow a little bit of change to a meta or skill and then suddenly the game becomes unnostalgic? I admit that I have no knowledge and whatsoever on this stuff and all, but yeah

Hence, my point still stands. People will throw the "nostalgia" point as long as it convenient to whatever they want and all.

20. Sharu

Sharu Donator

IGN:
    Ariana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    After thinking this through, I genuinely support the change.
    Getting used to holding arrows in our inventory may be unpleasant BUT we can’t ignore the attack boost it has given us.
    I’ve always wanted my bowmaster to get stronger and tbh this change is a good start now when I’m forced into holding arrows.

* Would like to add a suggestion: Add a short cooldown (10 seconds or so) to prevent spamming arrows.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.