Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  2. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    My inventory is full of junks and shites, pet food, scrolls, and whatever
    I still don't have an issue buying arrows with pocket change and have plenty of room for gach

I think I will quit the game

eVolve, lee1, Dasha and 12 others like this.
  3. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    TBH, even with junks and stuff in my invent, I still have room for more

upload_2021-8-29_1-57-2.png

I think I'm also suppose to quit or something

4. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    Royals be like: we gave you 10 w. att and made the game less convenient for you. why are you unhappy? were we wrong to assume that w. att is the only thing that players care about?

If we simply increase the max arrow stack to 10000 and revert soul arrow to its original state, I don't think anyone would be upset. Right now we are a "nostalgic" MapleStory server that has altered an earlygame skill in a negatively impactful way and I am not happy with that. As a MM I think the blue arrow buff is nice, but the soul arrow change is almost purely negative. In fact, I often use up arrows faster when using soul arrow while hunting, and I dislike the added pressure to keep attacking constantly in order to not "waste" the SA duration. I'm pretty sure the only players who are happy with the change to SA are BMs who load up their entire inv with red arrows.

Amaranthen, Pandora, Kayu and 3 others like this.
  5. HelmetCheck

HelmetCheck Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:

6. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    Or you can adjust the final attack as a reflective power, you are hitting with a hurricane and if they touch you, an arrow comes out as well as the snipe of the marksman, automatic to compensate for the lost damage, it can be applied to both archers if possible!

Although I am happy with the work done, Thanks to you and your great work I am happy again, in this Maple that makes me remember when I was 14 years old.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  7. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    Imagine using soul arrow before the buff to not get a bonus 4 weapon attack for cheap. Now it's a cheap 10 attack bonus ez. Used to always have 48 stacks of arrows on my BM at all times. Even 1.5 hour HT would only use 8 stacks.

eVolve and Myoni like this.
  8. Baconfry

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    We are here to discuss the soul arrow rework, not the red arrow buff. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that those two things are intrinsically connected. It is possible (and in fact rather easy) to maintain the positives while eliminating the negatives.

If inventory space was the main reason why red arrows were unpopular, increasing the arrow stack size solves the problem easily. The current soul arrow is an inferior solution to the same problem. It is a less effective meso sink and it forces archers to refresh buffs more often, which no one likes.

Amaranthen and whitemagejames like this.
  9. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    Yes, let me reiterate. soul arrow is a useless buff imo however less useless than before. Still won't use it as it breaks away from using hurricane just as it did before. Soul arrow allowing the user to retain the attack instead of not is an overall buff. What I am saying here is that if you were end game and wanting to optimize dps you weren't using soul arrow to begin with because it didn't allow for optimal damage however now on bosses that interrupt hurricane or mobs where you actively have to recast hurricane it is an overall increase and buff to soul arrow. This is just coming down to a playstyle difference issue between those who never had arrows, and subsequently now have USE space issues, and those who always stocked arrows and didn't use the buff itself.

Also to say that the arrow buff and the soul arrow changes aren't really connected I feel like is a huge underplay as the arrows attack is directly correlated to the increase in damage that soul arrow users received.

10. Baconfry

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    But you could just choose not to use soul arrow and experience that same increase in damage.

That aside, you raise a good point: someone who is only concerned with optimal DPS wouldn't be using soul arrow anyways. In this way, we could consider the current soul arrow an unhappy medium, a botched compromise. Minmaxers who spend all their time bossing wouldn't use it because they lose DPS due to recast time (though it's true that the change doesn't hurt them). And as we've seen, casual players hate it because it's now more annoying to do anything except killing bosses. It boggles my mind why anyone is supporting this.

11. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    Except it's a buff for the min maxers also because there is now more situations where soul arrow is useful to min maxers than there was before.

Nerd likes this.
  12. Baconfry

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    ...which is still not as good letting them carry large quantities of arrows without giving up as much inventory space.

FR06 likes this.
  13. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Hi guys.

I just noticed this thread moved into accepted section, and the staff released a new patch yesterday. However there is nothing in the patchnote regarding Soul Arrow. So did the new patch change anything ?

I know I could check by myself, but for a short period of time, my internet isn't working well. So if you have any feedbacks about the new patch, let me know please. :)

nut likes this.
  14. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    There are some changes scheduled for Soul Arrow

I will be confirming with the Devs regarding what is being reflected on Royals currently before posting details here

15. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Sure, I'll wait for your answer. Thanks in advance. :)

16. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Have confirmed with the Staff team

The scheduled changes are pending for more testings and discussions before implementing and I believe this was shifted to 'Accepted' by accident, I will be shifting it back as there are no changes to Soul Arrow for this patch (#74)

Should there be any updates or changes to Soul Arrow, I will include the patch notes/changes here

17. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Thanks for making it clearer. I'll stay tuned then ! :)

18. Sunrise ^o^

Sunrise ^o^ Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sunrise
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rog Gamer
    hope it's a good thing as many (including me) fix the admin and developer caused the skill change

:)

19. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Minor Update regarding the Soul Arrow
    Note: the below info is still in discussion among the Staff and yet to be implemented as of Patch #74

"The change to Soul Arrow also sparked a great discussion, and we are leaning toward trying a different implementation that we hope will retain more of the functionality that people may expect of the skill, when they join a v0.83 server. Concretely, we are looking at the option of reverting the skill to its original form, but retaining the buffs to arrows, as well as significantly increasing the carrying-capacity for the high level arrows. Although this won't allow Archers to expend arrows for as long (per stack) and benefit from the attack buffs, it will grant them the flexibility of not using up their precious arrows in scenarios where they might not need the extra attack boost."
    From: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/gm-blog-september-2021.196249/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    WanWan likes this.
  20. RazumDar

RazumDar Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ambellina
    Level:
    17X
    thread is tl;dr so sorry if this has been mentioned, but...
    Has the idea of a Terraria-style "chance to not consume ammo" buff been considered? What if soul arrow just gave you something like an 80% chance to not actually consume the arrow on each shot? Essentially makes each stack of 2000 arrows become 10000 arrows, still has the thematic flavor of "arrows from nowhere", still lets you keep the attack buff. Not sure if this is technically possible but I think it could be a good version.
    Even less likely to be technically possible, but if it had a scaling factor based on arrow quality, like base arrows 100% chance to not be used, bronze 95%, steel 90%, diamond 80%, or something like that. Still lets you go around with no arrows at all if you want, but makes high-end arrow management a small factor.

edit: JK went back and read thread. I'm sorry but HOW are people such babies about this? It's like your mom saying you have to tie your own shoes now and everyone has just given up and decided to never go outside again? Get over it! Spending literally 30 seconds a day buying some arrows is not ruining the "chill" playstyle of your character.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    eVolve, Jen123, CodGhost and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.