Closed ✯ HOLLYWOOD - Where Dreams Began [2015-2016]

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Christopher Chance, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Maffoo

Maffoo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maffoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    1:35 on the Papulatus video is my favourite bit.

FishBiscuit and Miika like this.
  2. Maya

Maya Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lite & Grave
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD!
    1) Name: Mike or Michael
    2) Age: 23
    3) IGN: Lite
    4) Level & Job: 120 bishop
    5) Country/State:United States / Michigan
    6) How long have you been playing Royals? Played from Fall of 2013 to mid 2014, quit around June 2014 and just came back because I can't resist the Nostalgia.
    7) Character Goals:On Lite I want to 1 hit skeles. I am also planning on making a BM and will be washing. My goal is 10k HP by 140.
    8) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? Structure, discipline, and support. I have been looking for a family, not a guild.
    9) How active are you in Royals? I'm pretty active, I get on at least once a day. If its any indication of activity, I went from 1 to 120 on my Bishop in about 3 weeks.
    10) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any? I am an insurance professional. I work for an insurance carrier as an agency representative and I just got promoted to a CISR role within Commercial Lines. I also like to run a lot and I am currently training for a half marathon in the spring.
    11) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Gotta be Rebel Wilson.
    12) (Optional) Link to Image of Character: upload_2015-2-5_13-31-24.png upload_2015-2-5_13-34-0.png
    That's me...and me!

Christopher Chance likes this.
  3. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mozart
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Looking For
    I'm leaving (or maybe AFK for a while, might come back someday, I don't know) due to the fact of being mistreated by Developer Katsuruka.

I tried to report a bug that Cody took my Kodomatsu chair away when I talked to him (not in the process of turning in gift, but afterwards). But the GMs said that I dropped the chair. I've never dropped the chair, as matter of fact, my set-up inventory was open while I talked to Cody, and he said something like, "do you want to remove your last gift" (not sure what exactly he said), then the chair got removed.

So anyway, hope no one makes the same mistake, because if you lose something important, you will be considered dropping it yourself. Anyway, it was not a big deal of losing that chair, cause I'm sure I can get it so easily through gaching in Shrine. However, I feel bad about the fact the game manage group welcomed players to report bugs yet not accepting when a bug is reported, especially with such elegance by saying "Our drop logs are accurate - they have been thoroughly tested." In a way, it's like accusing me of lying. And this is not the first time he did this: he said something similar when I reported losing mesos from merchant.

I had fun meeting all of you. Just don't feel I will have fun when someone in the managing group is not reliable and fair. Good luck, everyone. Ciao!

Details: http://royals.ms/forum/threads/cody-took-my-heart-cloud-chair-away-3.20025/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. dorazami

dorazami Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XxXjiniXxX
    Level:
    1) Name: Dor
    2) Age:22
    3) IGN:XxXjiniXxX
    4) Level & Job:15 Priest
    5) Country/State:Israel
    6) How long have you been playing Royals?day
    7) Character Goals:level 200 BISHOP
    8) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? my BFF is there
    9) How active are you in Royals? 24/7
    10) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any?
    11) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress:
    12) (Optional) Link to Image of Character:

5. John

John Donator

I usually don't say anything but when you make a false accusation, I think it's important for everyone to know you are completely wrong and dropped it yourself. Let's go to the logs!:
    [2/6/15 5:15 AM] Mozart dropped 1 x Kadomatsu (3010019) on map ID 680000000.

6. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mozart
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Looking For
    Maybe the NPC made your data record look like I dropped the item, I don't know how that happened - I'm not a technical expert - but I swear to god, I did NOT drop it manually.

And how could I have three of the chairs, then two of them were disappeared before? How could the mana bulls were 150/stack, then one day they became 300/stack, then they came back to 150/stack later and I lost half of them? How could sometimes leathers are 200/stack, sometimes they're 400/stack? How could some heart chocolates are 1/stack, and some are 2/stack?

How could when the server crashed and some players merchant items got duplicated, that means if one had 5 chaos scrolls in his shop, then after the server reboot, he had 10 chaos scrolls. They're all random.

How can you guarantee the computer date is 100% reliable and accurate, and it doesn't make mistake? As matter of fact, it's more easily that when mistakes happen but the system cannot detect, so it looked like it was not a mistake.

I'm not being personal to you - you have always been very helpful and nice - just pointed out some mistakes that the system had and the record probably didn't show all of them to you, and I know you were trying to defend your staff co-worker which is understandable.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  7. John

John Donator

No, that's not how it works. Our logs do not make mistakes and there is a clear distinction between a dropped item and an NPC item. You dropped the item, whether you intended to or not.

Sorry for derailing this thread, but did not want Kat to be unfairly accused of something.

Andreas likes this.
  8. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mozart
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Looking For
    I hope that's the case, so none of us will have worries. And let's assume the logs are prefect. However, like what I always said, I did NOT drop the item and saw it disappeared in front of me.

Literally, my Set-up inventory was open, and after talking to cody, the first spot on forth line was empty, and just before talking to Cody, I auto-sort the chairs. Could you explain how that happened? What could possibaly cause the item removed in front of me? So maybe the misunderstanding can be clarified.

I could have just let this go since it's not that important, but I need to stand up for the truth.

9. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Sorry Chance for using your thread :(... The Kadomatsu is the ugliest chair in game i would be glad if my disappeared.

Manny likes this.
  10. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mozart
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Looking For
    I'm sorry, but you missed the point. And your reply doesn't help to revolve the issue. For whatever purpose you said that shows what kind of person you are.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  11. jiwoni

jiwoni Donator

1) Name:Jiwon
    2) Age:19 turning 20 this year
    3) IGN:Jiwoni
    4) Level & Job: 101/hermit
    5) Country/State: South Korea
    6) How long have you been playing Royals? 2 months
    7) Character Goals: Just to have fun. No pressure
    8) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? The layout of the guild and name. (starpoints :])
    9) How active are you in Royals? Online almost everyday
    10) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any? I'm a College student
    11) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    12) (Optional) Link to Image of Character:

12. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

@Julian

@Christopher Chance - please forgive me for using your guild thread to reply to Julian. John has explained things clearly and well, but since I have been accused of mistreating a player, I would also like to address the points that Julian has made.

I am the person who wrote Cody's script for this event, and Matt and I passed the file back and forth between us making small changes prior to uploading the file to the server. There was never anything included in the script that would remove anything from a player's inventory except the Romantic Present. I have double-checked the current file and any previously uploaded versions of it and confirmed that nothing in the uploaded script could possibly remove anything other than one Romantic Present.

Cody has never had any option or dialog relating to removing your last gift, nor any dialog that might be likely to be misconstrued as such. Matt and John could confirm this if necessary by checking the current and previous versions of Cody's script in our file repository.

Our droplogs are completely separate from NPC scripts and there isn't any way that Cody's script could affect the droplogs or vice versa. This is also something that Matt and John can confirm. As previously stated, we have a definite record of you dropping the chair at the time you said it went missing. If you don't recollect dropping the chair, then I can only assume that you lagged and accidentally clicked on the wrong thing. Perhaps you meant to drop something else instead?

Nobody will be considered to have dropped something themselves unless the droplog shows that they have dropped it. Our droplogs aren't going to show something that didn't happen. They don't provide us with an explanation for why it happened, they just provide us with the facts. I am not necessarily accusing you of lying, I am just presenting you with the information found in our droplogs. As I previously stated, it is perfectly possible you were mistaken about things and unintentionally dropped the chair due to a misclick during server lag.

The reason I doubted your word when you lost mesos (iirc) is that you seemed to be claiming lost items/mesos more frequently than most others - something which other staff members also noticed. Questioning the validity of a claim is something we have to do if we have doubts about that claim.

I can find no record of what happened to either of your previous Kadomatsu chairs. I've checked our droplogs and sell-to-NPC logs back to when they started, in late January, and there is no record of you either dropping or NPC-ing them. Unlike other items, there is no evidence I have ever come across of chairs stacking incorrectly as long as you are using our MapleRoyals client. The one item in the setup tab of your inventory that is likely to stack incorrectly is the Marker of Heroism, the untradeable gold-ish figurine dropped by Phantom Forest mobs. I checked both your inventory and your sell-to-NPC and droplogs for any trace of either these or Christmas letters/tree ornaments, and found nothing. This suggests that the only items you had in your setup tab since late January were chairs, unless you lost something due to the most recent data not being saved properly during a server crash.

As for items stacking wrongly - yes, we're aware this happens with use and etc items (and, as mentioned, the Marker of Heroism). This has been an ongoing bug since the early days of the server, as far as I can tell. No, we're not exactly sure what causes it, and so far, our attempts to fix it haven't worked. I have my own guess as to what might be the cause, and will run my ideas past Matt, John and Kevin, but I could be completely wrong.

There is a logical probable explanation as to why things can be accidentally lost or duplicated when the server freezes/crashes. It isn't as random as you think.

Auto-sorting your chairs would not have caused your character to drop the Kadomatsu. It might have caused any Markers of Heroism in your setup to restack correctly (1 per slot) and push out any chairs in later slots. However, since you say that you saw your chair disappear in front of you, I'm sure you would have noticed if something like this had happened.

13. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mozart
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Looking For
    Thank you for your reply, and now I understand more about how the system operated. But still, I can't lie to myself by saying that it was me who dropped the chair. I don't have the knowledge to explain why that missing happened, I just think it was my responsibility to present the fact and stand up for the truth.

The chair missing didn't happen when I turn in the Romantic Present, but about 20 minutes to half hour later when I talked to Cody AGAIN. Also, I did have 3 of the Kodomatsu chairs, you seem don't know why two of them got lost and even there was absolutely no record showing that. I didn't drop them and the NPC didn't take them away, then how did that happened?

As for the meso missing, even I felt strange why that happened to me many times. I keep a Excel sheet of scrolls I have and modify every time I check my shop when something is sold. The only reason I could think of was the server had crashed and gotten rebooted very frequently, in the meanwhile I had modified the items in my shop frequently (couple times a day at that time). Other than that, I don't know why that happened to me many times.

Later on, I began to use a software tool to get screen shots every time I modified my shop. But the server got reset so frequently, and that became a burden to me to do many times everyday.

I feel the misunderstanding is totally caused by the lack of trust between the game managing group and the players, in this case, it began at when you didn't trust that I did lose the mesos when I reported. I don't know why I would cheat for 20m mesos.

Also, as I know some players didn't pay attention to their losing items from merchant, and I personally know people who lost their things and didn't know that they could make a thread to report and get mesos back. So I assume the actual losing rate is higher than what has been reported on the forum.

Anyway, it's not my knowledge and responsibility to know why the record showed me dropping the chair when I did not. Hopefully, someday someone will find out the reason.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  14. fernandozigaib

fernandozigaib Member

Country Flag:
    1) Name:Fernando Lopes Zigaib
    2) Age:19
    3) IGN:Jefferson
    4) Level & Job: 120Bishop
    5) Country/State:Brazil-São Paulo
    6) How long have you been playing Royals?2 weeks
    7) Character Goals: I'm doing the bishop to farm power and leechar My Hero (char main future)
    8) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD?BIGB met and found him and the people who visited the channel during the leech were very pleasant
    9) How active are you in Royals?I am now more active than the raisins weeks because of college exams, then the media 6h 16h a day
    10) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any?I intend to be in 2 weeks already making strong bosses with my hero, now I got bishop
    11) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Morgan Freeman
    12) (Optional) Link to Image of Character:I have not any picture of it here and the server is offline

15. Slippers

Slippers Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Autic
    Level:
    14x
    Applying for adding my alternate char:

Main char IGN: BigB
    Alternate char IGN: Slippers
    Alternate lvl: 120 Corsair

Miika likes this.
  16. Rough

Rough Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rough
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Oblivion

Main char IGN: Rough
    Alternate char IGN: Goliath
    Alternate lvl: 120

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  17. jiwoni

jiwoni Donator

Main char IGN: Jiwoni
    Alternate char IGN: Jiwon
    Alternate lvl: 157

18. shahar3232

shahar3232 Member

IGN:
    SuperSwine2
    Level:
    13x
    1) Name: Name's Jon(thats my middle name since my first name's kinda complicated I guess :x ) , nice to meet you ;)
    2) Age: turning 16 years old soon
    3) IGN: "aMyth"
    4) Level & Job: lvl 78 , Hermit
    5) Country/State: Israel, GMT+2
    6) How long have you been playing Royals? I used to play Royals a few months ago, I just came back yesterday hopefully gonna fit in soon..
    7) Character Goals: Mainly getting stronger and a higher lvl, participate in bossruns as an actual attacker if I'd have anything else on my mind I'd update..
    8) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? seems like you guys are nice&friendly, hope I could progress my character with you and make some friends.
    9) How active are you in Royals? I'm on daily, unless if there's an exam the day after.
    10) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any? I like music and computers I also really like Hamburgers, the only goal I've thought of is loosing weight.
    just kidding I'm kinda skinny :/ my main goal is having fun.
    11) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Sylvester Stallone.

19. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

Accepted, Welcome Jon!

20. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

Accepted, Welcome to HOLLYWOOD William!
    Oops, forgot to remove the optional aspect of Character Image since i can retrieve these by myself now