Party Quests [Feedback Request] CWKPQ

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Matt, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    The entry requirement is not the issue and does not need to be adjusted. The suggestion "The most obvious changes in my opinion would be a lower time limit for the expedition, combined with a larger bonus room with more chests" will just hurt newer players and the economy further.

I like the idea of having a normal and hard mode of CWKPQ where completing the hard mode would be more rewarding. The hard mode can be more challenging bosses and stages. The bonus reward can be ws/cs or something players can obtain to craft (can be further discussed). In other words, make CWKPQ more rewarding yet challenging to participate with a 10men expedition.

2. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    5 signs instead of 10 makes CWK way more accessible to newer players. I wouldn't make it harder or increase the number of chests on bonus.

DayPerson, Myoni, Zancks and 10 others like this.
  3. M1CKY

M1CKY Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MICKY
    Level:
    Guild:
    Akatsuki
    I think that the current state of CWKPQ is mostly good, however i could suggest a couple of things:
    -5 signs would make it way easier to find and recruit parties, and would eliminate muling (aside from BS)
    -if the PQ timer is shortened, i suggest adding the usage of mounts inside the PQ, as well as the archer room being somewhat easier, by reducing the amount of guardians that spawn, or lowering their HP, it would help alot since that room takes the longest out of the 5 to clear

JuliusOmega and Zancks like this.
  4. KamiOh

KamiOh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Is it possible they can add the raven weapons in bonus stage?
    zxzxz.png
    sdsdsd.png
    It is very difficult to get these weapons by the exchange method, the drop rate is low for the badges.
    You have to spend hours and even then it does not guarantee that you will get the item you want.

By accepting this request, it would be more accessible to obtain the equipment.

Yakamoz, StarSaber, mutism and 5 others like this.
  5. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    This. Please. Like, pretty please with a cherry on top.

JuliusOmega and Begi like this.
  6. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    oops, your summon never popped up in my alert history. sorry I'm late to the party

cwkpq isn't my favorite, so i have not mulled over it much. it always takes way longer than I'd like... but god i love that room full of treasure chests ~f11 [eternal chief bandit heart]

we talked about this before so off the top here is my first suggestion: dynamic times.
    if the requirements to complete the pq are lowered to 5 minimum (or dropped completely), your time limit will depend on your party size. smaller parties get *less* time. this is because smaller parties are always very strong, well geared folks who scientifically carve up cwk and are trying to max their loot potential/mon service. to balance that, less time should be the challenge for them. i think 30 minutes is a good limit to start with but thats tbd.

either way, whatever the time ends up being, this is in my opinion the way to move forward with the 5 man/no requirement trade-off. if smaller, stronger parties sweep cwk, cwk rewards will devalue, oversaturate, and eventually nobody will really do it as much, as it poses no challenge.

this could also be woven into the lore. john barricade adds an extra line of dialogue saying something like "your cwk keystone grants you and your party x amount of time within versal. there are [x] of you, you will only have [x amount of time] together,be swift!"
    (i dont remember all the lore someone who gets paid can hammer this part out lol)

second suggestion? make the top two bosses more dangerous. they are just walls of hp. they pose no threat except party strategizing, and time loss. you could argue this is fine since im also in favor of less time. their spells should have a larger aoe, hitting the "safe zone" below where most mules/bishops park.
    but that said i think the bosses should also have a few more drops. anything. suggest away
    (heres a few:
    -cs/ws frags
    -bosshunter stimulators*
    -bosshunter scrolls*
    -improved stats on their eq drops (morganas crown, thief hat, power mane. they arent great. maybe just make them nx?)
    -raven weapons, crimsonwood weapons
    -tokens of teamwork
    -crimsonwood exchange items (x1 boss etc ex. item counts for one chance to do the exchange quest)
    -big ole bag of mesos so the runs ain't so dry
    -hp quest catalysts (chance to improve your hp potion if you use choose to use it when you give ruel his ingredients)
    -barricade boosters
    -nx cards
    *bosshunter stimulators/scrolls: stimulators you can use when crafting BH gear with a chance to destroy them but can give them much better stats and hp gains. make bh gear better or give them special scrolls that do the same)
    just a little something extra possible to drop besides mons/cards/useless eq. nothing wild, and since they are five independent bosses, and not 40 loot chests, odds are still low.

for the treasure room, stop being cowards and add mimics. you may not like it but its the right thing to do.
    other additions to the treasure room:
    -tokens of teamwork
    -random monster book cards
    -magic seeds (transports you from ellinia to leafre)
    -cwk ex. quest badges
    -hpq catalysts
    -nx cards
    -crimsonwood
    -typhon feathers
    -crimson hearts
    -superficial cs items (can change/rotate/be seasonal to keep them fresh and interesting
    -mimics/leprechauns/elderwraiths in treasure room.

and, like my suggestion to gpq, have cwk award you tokens of teamwork based on how quickly you finished the pq.

other than those four things, dynamic times, harder mage/pirate bosses, a few extra possible boss drops, and a few jucier rewards in treasure room, and tokens of teamwork, i think lowering to 5 man might be ok. I'm just personally a little worried about how the five man would affect the rewards and their value over time, so that should be discussed

misc suggestions:
    • make it so nl can't flashjump through walls.
    • make it so you cant fall though/jumpdown or swim through walls so you actually have to move around the maps. this is a magically protected keep after all.
    • maybe lower the acc of stirges in stage 3
    • an optional grind room after the boss map, like the end of kpq. if you do the grind room, nobody can enter bonus/treasure room. some ppl want exp instead of treasure. bonus exp works like LHC, more exp for more activity. dark crimson guardians, but they drop nothing. can make this a daily quest as well from lukan for fame/exchange quest items, to slay x amount of the guardian army inside the keep)
    • randomize/flip or mirror rooms. randomize stage 1 door. randomize stage 2 statue placement. randomize portals for each class in the room before the boss chamber. randomize statues in the large jq spike pillar room. this isn't just for a time sink, its to keep the pq fresh and engaging.

[edits]: also just please change the goldensoul cape to a different color please. end the jebait torture. make it indigo or purple or violet or actually golden, whatever. just as long as its not literally the same image file as bfc.
    off of that that, more unrelated bosshunter nonsense: call the crimsonheart cloak the bosshunter cloak.
    also make all bh armor require fame and normal stats for their level. oops sorry washers you'll live. the reason for the fame and stat requirements are so that they're geared for ppl who are actually investing in their characters and taking time to do regional boss quests, and arent washing, and are trying to get the BH set HP bonuses, and likely will be doing the daily hp quest. ...also a bosshunter medal quest for slaying all major bosses while wearing a bh set :8):. ok let's get back on topic now.

...etc etc etc

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  7. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    I like this idea better, I support it, my idol bro

cdd1b10da941e137e2640f652541bd1ad0107f7846a67fb0f9fb2a6da19d6b38.gif

8. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    im sorry but i had to go back and make a million edits to my mess post, i was not prepared to comment on cwkpq. i appreciate you supporting my nonsense!

9. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    To be quite honest, I personally just want to see the entry requirement removed. I avoid this content specifically because organizing for it is a Royal (pun intended) pain in the ass. I understand there are economical concerns, but further adjustments can be made down the road (including reverting.) I don't think its a change that will have irreparable damage to the game. That is, I believe we will have time to make changes before things get out of hand.

Further, to compensate, we can increase the heart entrance fee in accordance with an estimate of what it is now. That is, a trio/quad might be missing 2-3 mules, and each sign is 1 apple standard. Accounting for friends who sign for free, perhaps an entrance fee of 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 18 hearts would work. The total number of hearts for 2 runs would then be 36, which is divisible by 2, 3, and 4, making it easy to divide the fee among a duo, trio, or quad run.

As for changing the PQ itself, I don't really think changing the time limit per stage will do anything for any stage other than rooms, where one could change the time so that it would be virtually impossible for someone to solo/duo. While that would be unfortunate (imo), it's the quickest way to forcing the requirement of more active players. Further, I think the bonus room is just fine and is big enough as is, however the reward pool should be adjusted. If we are worried about things like BFC, FKC, Fury, etc. rates can be adjusted along with some new additions.
    1. Adding in CWK exchange items (as suggested before) or adding in multiples of badges to be exchanged. As a player, I like the feeling of accumulating exchange items passively over time, then cashing in all at once. This could be one way of doing so. This would breath a bit of life into that exchange which you currently have to farm for.
    2. Tokens of teamwork. This is a PQ/Expedition requiring... teamwork. Have them drop from boxes.
    3. There is some untapped potential for Raven weapons. For example, Crimson Arclancer is currently a niche bow which outclasses the DSB due to its DEX and HP. With some minor adjustments of stats and wielding requirements, I believe that Raven weapons can be viable. For example, make the Raven's Beaks add some STR, and Raven's Claws add DEX. Raven's Swords can be an alternative to ST (same attack speed, with a STR bonus). Making it reasonable to obtain these in there godly forms would open up a niche market for some swag weapons.
    These are some of the ideas which I've been thinking about here and there.

For those wanting a "Hard mode", how would you make it harder? I don't think such an idea works here other than it being "cheap" (lower timer, higher boss damage/hp dealt) or completely changed content (adding boss mechanics.) For anyone suggesting this, I would like to see a layout of exactly what hard mode would look like in your eyes. Maybe I'm not being fair here, because what can you really do with the tools available to us.

In sum, I'd like to see the entrance requirements changed to 1 of each job, and I believe the economic impact (if any) can be offset by changing the fee along with some bonus room adjustments.

10. Wavelength

Wavelength Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pramipexole
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    should've make it 5sign. better imo.

11. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I don't personally think the pq needs to be harder, there are some misc suggestions i made that would improve or make it more interesting, but if anything.. the pirate boss does literally 1 damage (unless you touch him. and we all know why that never happens). i mean what's the point lol. only two of the five bosses pose any threat at all. and the mages zombie status does nothing. they have unreasonably high hp for being so non-threatening.

id say lower the mage and pirates hp so the top team can help the bottom faster, or make them a bit scarier. higher touch dmg, slightly higher damage from the mages attacks, and actual damage from the pirate. I'd rather he stunned instead of dispelled when close, and the mage boss could occasionally dispel instead, able to hit below her as well (to hit mules)

nut likes this.
  12. Nerd

Nerd Donator

Guild:
    Create
    I would like to see the entry requirement dropped to 5 players instead of 10. As it currently stands the majority of public runs (smega recruit) are all looking for quad teams, meaning each player needs at least 1 mule to sign and enter the PQ. This heavily discourages newer players from joining and I think a lot of mid-level players would benefit from removing this bottleneck

If the 10 player entry requirement were to be dropped to 5 I think we would see the price of MoN drop as more players would be able to run/sell the service. I don't necessarily think this is necessarily a bad thing, but it might require some additional rewards in the bonus in order to encourage players to keep doing this content - perhaps making the MoNs not a 100% drop(?)

If it were my choice I would like to see the rewards changed by:
    CWKPQ uniques reduced (slightly more rare, nothing drastic but to compensate for more players running)
    NX added to the boxes (something like 1k fairly common & 5k rare)
    Mesos dropped increased (Perhaps two runs can cover the price of 1 apple ~9m)

13. FoodWars

FoodWars Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FuqU
    Level:
    Guild:
    8=D

Would these changes be too drastic?

• Making it 5 signs while keeping bonus room the same
    OR
    • Keeping it 10 signs while adding NX and Raven weapons to bonus room. Perhaps even incentivizing more people to go by adding 2-3 tokens of teamwork as well?

14. steamkong

steamkong Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Those trio /quad player is giving suggestion to make them easier cwkpq with less mules +more reward xD
    If reduce to 5 sign, will u invite newplayers? Is a NO! They will do trio instead!Easier for them to sell vip+more chest!(even chest opened is limited by timer, i dont think they will invite new players, they will sell vip instead)
    The party and expedition system is not design for mules, maple doesnt design to play with tons of mules too.
    My suggestion will be:
    2warrio,2archer,1thief,1magician,1pirate, harder boss, limit chest timer or limit chest able to break(5chest maximum the 6th will be no drops for same IP,they will still try to use more laptop or pc with diffrent IP)Max/min 6 men bonus.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Crackhead123 and MokaMokaMoka like this.
  15. MokaMokaMoka

MokaMokaMoka Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MackMack
    Make it so you are rewarded for bringing more humans (not clients) to the PQ.

16. Crackhead123

Crackhead123 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to reduce the sign to 5. It will be very unfair for the new players. Like even now with the 10 signs requirement it’s still very hard for the new players to join. Like hell as a bowman/crossbowman main it’s even harder cause people prefer a main dps with SE mule rather than us alone. I really dislike that, it will pressure people into making mules to meet the requirements. Not a healthy environment, very toxic. Hope we’ll change this in the future.

I recommend we should disable bringing mules into cwkpq.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  17. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia