Class/Skill Class balancing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by lxlx, Mar 20, 2021.

1. steamkong

steamkong Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Allowing more than 1 mules aready is unbalance...... and yeah mules is the most overpowered buff to us~u can have hb/hs/revive/se/si/tl/haste/crash bilibalablablabla
    So what else do we need umm........Mapleroyal caught my eyes becuz of the words nostalgic , but it seems it is running out of shape......2 years ago ppl still asking for your level/att range requirement for bossing, but now ppl will ask : pm job/mules.
    I have SE and hs mules but boss i can go only is zakum , becuz my mules didt done any ht/cwk/neo/ prequest , im surviving in this game without HT/cwk/NeoTOkyo boss.I didt do HT more that 5 times in this server,neo tokyo im still at nibergen boss quest xD .I found my own way to farming and playing without relying on duo/trio/quad mules bossing pt(even i wan to join they wont let becuz i dun have mules~) , i can tell that my buddy or even guild member only need me when their fixed pt member fail to attempt bossing.
    What i wan to say is mostly those end game player still playing becuz they have tons of mules enjoying they fix pt HT/Auf/Dunas, those solo player like me mostly aready quit and wont even turning back~(just like ur ex girlfriend who will never return)
    How to play royals? Create main ~create mules~ farm~ hp wash~ level to 200 ~create more mules for fix pt end game bossing content, not recommended for solo player that didt wan to create mules or pc lack of ram+decend proccessor for running multiple client.
    Each class is design to do their own roles(perhaps Royal need rebirth system so ppl wont complaint about lacking dps/hp/mobility/evade ... BA They just wan all of it,they will never satisfy, once server buff 1 time they will forever ask for buff.) , its not about class balancing that will attract new players/makes the game better, its about what end game content do we have to make the games better+attracting.
    Hope u guys understand my english standard is 1/10.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    azuma likes this.
  2. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    can some weapon types have customized damage caps? asking for 2HBW :8):.

if so, I'm definitely ok with 2H maces having no cap limit at all, i think that's a fair trade for keeping them slow and heavy. like even after cap is raised to say 250k, if a 2HBW can possibly have the unique property to smash through cap, then perhaps they should. i think that's a possibility to think of to help their meta obsolescence.

raising their attack unfortunately will put them into the same slow speed+cap conundrum, only sooner. making 2hbw faster is also just lazy. but as pablo suggested, making them even slower, but uncapped... hmm lol, that's something. would be very easy to balance as well.

lots of interesting ideas.

i really dont see them upending the wk crash meta to give hero's enrage weapon cancel instead, but i agree that would be very interesting and fitting, and with pallies having magic cancel, and some arch mage buffs, would make for great synergy.

i think giving the demon skills a short (~10s) buff that also that makes your paralyze or CL slightly stronger (and maybe your summon) would be great. if it made all elements stronger, it would be OP for pallies, even if it was a 5 second buff, it would still be muled, so i think only making your single target skills stronger is a better direction. perhaps CL also buffs thunder spear so I/L arent universally better at bossing since they can mob with CL. demon should also require some prerequisite level of elemental amplification

royals would never, but i think the ultimates should have 10s CD, but if you charge them (keydown charge), you can cast them at the current CD.

agree with you about the archers.

about pirates. only thing i really wish sairs could do was be able to cast wings while falling as well. not for double jump, but for the feather falling effect it does. this would make it a lot more user friendly, and give it much more flexibility. would be a rad qol, and be so fun. would help them a lot in HT which is hell for them already. quick wings if you fall off, then backstep shot to a rope, or ledge

though for buccs, i honestly think they're hovering around OP. higher than average HP, lots of iframes (basically shifter that you can manip), stance, snatch, endless trans, two massive party skills, and insane damage for very little effort as a player (no combos or setups to skills. their only very small handicap is their skills have odd delays and they have to max a lot of skills i guess). they'll ask for it but i dont think they need to have their cap raised.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    GunzGaming likes this.
  3. yeepog

yeepog Developer

Country Flag:
    We could theoretically add any condition to amplify or reduce the damage cap.
    Map is HHG? Damage cap is now 1bil.
    Fighting ZMM? Damage cap is now 5K, but only for assassins.
    Fighting Mano? Damage cap is now 1, unless you use snail shell throw skill first, then damage cap is 999.
    Extreme examples, but we can basically put any condition to any scenario.

4. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Hi sir @yeepog,
    It's a bit unrelated to what was discussed before, but after you confirmed skills can be uncapped I want to ask another question before I make a separate thread for MM.
    How realistic is it to make changes to Marksman such as:
    - adding/removing a line (or lines) from strafe
    - removing/adjusting the charge time on piercing arrow

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    x3heybee likes this.
  5. yeepog

yeepog Developer

Country Flag:
    Very realistic:

6. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

:love:
    About my 2nd question:
    I actually meant removing the Piercing Arrow charge entirely, but adding delay in the end equal to the charge duration, same way Dragon Strike has delay after casting (possibly just make you not able to attack, but still able to move).
    That way you could hit multiple targets in HT/Zak for example but without breaking the balance in LHC.
    Curious to know if that's possible too.

x3heybee and nut like this.
  7. steamkong

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Woooo He is holding gatling gun with bow skin~

8. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    The guy she tells you not to worry about (sorry I had to)

stupid.PNG

cagedmercury likes this.
  9. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  10. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    im of the opinion MM strafe should go down to three arrows in 4th job (when leveling MMS), with a small % increase (or just a crit damage increase when using 3line strafe, instead of straight strafe %). less lines are more stable damage, a few ms faster, and is more appropriate for MM: less arrows needed, with higher impact (the opposite of BM), and gives them some feeling of progression in 4th for strafe, their main attack.

also definitionally, strafing something with arrows is like a general volley of body shots, this makes it feel more marksperson-y, less shots but more deadly. to me personally this fits better for the class than the ultimate strafe' route neckson took.

though i feel MM are sitting comfortably, and dont need to be exactly as strong as BM, just as shads dont need to be as strong as NL, etc. other aspects balance them.

im in favor of keeping piercing arrows charge as well, its very engaging & satisfying. giving it an equal delay time is too obviously min-max-y

edit: very late edit to also add that the proposed increase of some late game bosses defense also brings MMs snipe back into some service, even during temporary def buffs that cant be dispelled. just a small aside.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  11. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    sir, what game are you playing? Shad is stronger than NL. Take FJ away from NL and everyone plays Shad. lol

12. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Strafe no longer accurately describes the ability. You'd have to rename it to Rain Destruction or something lol

13. MAYDAYTAY

MAYDAYTAY Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    YATYADYAM
    Level:
    I personally think Arch-Mages need a major tuning. I plan on posting a thread about it with some ideas.

Edit: Maybe I won’t. After reading other threads it seems people are against AMs being useful.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  14. steamkong

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Corsair and NL is single target right? The dps chart tell us every class is support each other(Real design) but not to duo/trio/quad to get more split , Aoe dps wana equal to single target?? HMMMMM...
    If the chart is straight line , i would definitely pick a class more tanky+ aoe + more hp(save more mesos from washing)~f3~f3

15. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    MMs found their niche with LHC and other future bosses that spam a lot of mobs. If MMs were to be buffed further then Snipe should have reduced endlag to make Snipe Strafe rotation more fluid, and Piercing Arrow should have slightly faster charge time.

16. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    I'm gone ahead and archived this thread. There is a wealth of information throughout these 9 pages and while this thread mentions several issues with citations, we think it would be best to have newer threads with a more narrow focus. In other words, having one thread pertaining to a specific class and group of skill changes for that class and/or its subclasses would be better for organizational and conversational purposes.

This thread will continue to serve a good purpose and will be referred back to by players and staff members alike for discussion. Thank you @lxlx for initiating the discussion and for everyone else who has contributed.

17. zz2550323

zz2550323 Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    For the attack of the BOSS, is the damage of the HH skill also 200K? I always thought that only 900% skill damage when fighting BOSS, not the fixed 200k. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm a novice player.

18. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    On bosses, heaven's hammer does 199,999 since that's as high as the damage is allowed to go on this server. Against all normal enemies, it will lower them to 1 hp unless they have more than 200k hp, then it'll just deal 199,999 again.

Sylafia and Zancks like this.
  19. zz2550323

zz2550323 Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Thank you! Is it mean that if my range is 5K, my heaven's hammer on bosses is 5K*900%=45K?
    If my range is high enough to multiply by 900% to exceed 200K, then the boss damage is 199999?

20. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

No, it always does 199k per target, even if you char is naked, it doesn't depend on range.

PaddysPub likes this.