Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abamita

Abamita Active Member

IGN:
    Abamita
    Those weapons would never have been scrolled in that way if they weren't perfect when they were clean.

2. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    FYI guys the only reason I am actually taking the time to argue this is because that is what I do. Feel free to ask my guildmates lol I will argue just about anything for the sake of doing so.

You have literally ignored everything I have just said. FYI I am not selling my ST unless someone feels like paying 15b for it (which they wont).

If you want to refund everyone that has a max clean weapon with the amount of mesos they spent to buy it and the amount of ws/mesos spent on white scrolls to make it, that makes sense to me. But again it doesnt make sense to simply make x amount of new perfect weapons unless it is statistically accurate that there would IN FACT BE THAT MANY ON THE SERVER RIGHT NOW if it was working all that way all along.

Trust me I know how pissed I would be if I had a perfect weapon and this happened. I 100% think there should be something done to compensate/fix this, but I dont think adding 1 attack to each one is the way to go.

Feel free to call me a retard/dumbass/stupid for my opinion. But I could say the EXACT same thing for someone with a perfect weapon that is asking for +1att on theirs if it was not statistically accurate that there would be that many of that max clean item on the server to begin with.

this is why i fully support a solution, but in my opinion it should be a different solution with equal compensation for what they spent on the weapon

3. SnowyKitten

SnowyKitten Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kairiasha
    The idea is that the server can afford to skew the line away from being "statistically accurate" as an apology for the change to begin with.

maggles and Abamita like this.
  4. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Then go ahead and do it, this is my opinion. Am I not allowed to have one? For the record my opinion would be exactly the same whether or not I had a new max clean weapon or not.

The amount of flaming is ridiculous for a conversation on discussing a possible solution. Are all of you saying "This is the ONLY solution, anything else is bs and unfair and stupid". Sounds just as biased to me.

John likes this.
  5. Abamita

Abamita Active Member

IGN:
    Abamita
    Most of the people who have responded to you have been nothing but polite. Why do you keep denying a bias that no one is accusing you of?

Edit: Nevermind, yes they did. Have at it.

Gangsta likes this.
  6. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Possibly because I have already been called stupid within 15 minutes of my post while I have said nothing impolite beforehand? Also I have been called biased already. Feel free to make my ST untradeable until there is atleast one other on the server or I dont want a hero anymore.

7. Gangsta

Gangsta Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gangsta
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Real house wives of MapleRoyals.

DomoLovesPie likes this.
  8. Kekturi

Kekturi Donator

Country Flag:
    I laughed harder than I should have (y)

DomoLovesPie and Gangsta like this.
  9. workteam

workteam Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    A lot of peolpe seem to forget that frm now on, people gaching for, for example, a perfect sleeve, will have an even lower chance of actually getting a perfect att weapon.

It's not just the extra attack that matters here, it's also the fact that the people who already owned perfected weapons and an easier time getting them.

Graces and Blasphemy like this.
  10. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Okay, no offense, but this part is pretty bullshit.

I had to perfect a 58 attack sleeve, because it was nearly impossible to get a perfect weapon back after the wipe. I waited 10 months and a 59 sleeve was never seen. I understand that you "think" it was easier because white scrolls were cheaper, but other things were also cheaper, it's called inflation.

There is also WAY more supply of white scrolls now then there was before. There a lot of factors which are present, that I doubt someone (unless they experienced it themselves) would be able to relate.

I am currently perfecting my second item (knuckle) and in my opinion i'm having a MUCH easier time than trying to perfect my claw 1 1/2 years ago. Especially in this now massive economy compared to the 5 rooms we had before.

Also I know mathematically it will be harder to find perfect equips because it's 1/5 instead of 1/4, but we have seen some pretty godly items come from just 10 hours, so maybe the % chances were different? There is no hard proof to back this point up. Also like other PLAYERS have mentioned, people with perfect weapons might not have perfected them if they knew there was +5 from godly, this in itself is a huge disadvantage.

Madi likes this.
  11. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    Over time, I'd be surprised if the price of a +5 item isn't similar to what a +4 item is at the moment. The current +4's which were previously "perfect" are going to drop in price. Pricing isn't just set by the actual stats, it is also set by the stats relative to the maximum that they could be. Sure, at first the new godly weapons might be more, but it's going to settle. If this wasn't true, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. People like perfect weapons.

Also, it has been stated before that the godly system uses a uniform distribution (equal probability of each bonus). It has a 10% chance of being triggered for any given equip, at which point a bonus (which could be amount from o - 5 now) is pseudo-randomly selected (independently) for each stat. So the new godly weapons aren't that rare.

There are 6 possible status bonuses (including 0). There is a 10% chance of godly items triggering. I don't know the probability of getting an otherwise perfect weapon (but it is the same as before, somebody might know it).
    Probability_of_perfect = Probability_of_normal_perfect * 0.1 * (1/6)
    Probability_of_perfect = Probability_of_normal_perfect * 0.0167

So any given weapon has around a 1.67% chance of getting the maximum bonus from godly weapons. Previously it was 0.1 * 1/5 = 2%. That is a tiny difference. It just isn't that rare, especially when we take into account how much gachaing takes place every day through the free NX we all get. And bishops farming all day long in places where non gacha weapons drop.

Anyway my point is, there is no reason to not just add 1 atk to the weapons of those who perfected them.
    • The perfect clean weapons would have been available as the rarity is similar to the previous ones
    • The quantity available would be comparable
    • The price difference is likely negligible because stats relative to perfect is more important than actual stats.
    And no, I don't have even close to a perfect weapon, and prolly never will.

maggles and Gangsta like this.
  12. workteam

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    I'm not talking about the meso cost. I'm talking about the odds of obtaining the weapon.

The price of white scrolls or whatever else is of no concern for me.

The fact of the matter is it was easier, statistically, to get a perfect weapon with the 'old' system.

Tentomon did the math in this very thread. It's not a huge difference, but it's still a difference.

13. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Yes, but the trouble in this huge economy, is the white scroll prices. If i was given a 58 attack sleeve with the 77 white scrolls that I used on it, then I would be SO HAPPY. Because right now, with a huge economy, it isn't that hard to find perfect weapons while white scrolls are pretty pricey.

While BEFORE perfect weapons were omgsorare, with the limited player base, and white scrolls were still pricey. If anything in my opinion people have a higher % rate chance of finding a perfect weapon or buying one, then they did before, even if before was +1-+4 on godly and currently its +1-+5.

14. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    If the quanitity of said items would likely be very similar then I have no problem with adding +1 att to said items.

15. Blasphemy

Blasphemy Donator

What about people with non perfect weapons? A 75 att craven could have been a 76 att one with this change. I see no solution that is fair for everyone here.

16. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    My proposed idea that is not simple whatsoever was the following.

Refund anyone with a perfect weapon with the mesos that it would cost to buy that weapon clean before the new system was in place.

Now they have their 1-5b that they spent on the weapon back.

Once they buy another new maxed perfect weapon a GM will supply them with white scrolls 1 at a time (or untradable white scrolls) and let them scroll it to perfect.

Now they have a new perfect weapon and have not gained anything or lost anything from the new system. Hell once they buy a maxed clean weapon a GM could just +7 10% it themselves and give it to them.

The only reason I would go this route is if it werent statistically accurate that there would be that many maxed dragon sleeves, crushed skulls, ST's or other rare gacha/very rare drop equips with maxed clean stats. I mean, hell, how many 59 attack dragon sleeves are on the server? 3? 4? Are you saying that those 3-4 59 attack dragon sleeves would have all been 60 att given the new system? That seems incredibly ridiculous to say. It would make sense to me to let them keep their current weapon and allow them to +7 a new maxed clean one for free once they come out. I dont see why this would be a problem since technically +1 attack will do nothing for anyone and it solves the issue of just giving out rare maxed weapons.

17. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Nostalgia everyone is calling you biased, because your ideas are hugely biased -.-

the server has been running for a year and a half, with your proposed solution there will only be one 111attack stone tooth (that you own) in the game.

You complain that there would be less 111's, but tento already proved that the statistics would be near enough, so why should there only be 1. (maybe because you have it???)

18. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    Another option is that we could ditch one of the 6 options, or make it not a uniform distribution.
    +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 (Ditch the +0)
    +0, +2, +3, +4, +5 (Ditch the +1 with the reason that it is "all or nothing", as we are making godly weapons)

That would bring the probability of the godly weapons feature giving the maximum bonus back to 2%, and everybody would then be supportive of adding +1 atk to the weapons of those who have already perfected. In the bigger scheme of things, it wouldn't be a big deal if on average weapons and armour were very slightly better. The main thing is to keep the community happy.

I think that +5 should stay. It is what it was supposed to be.

19. workteam

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    Simple solution: roll back and revert to the old system.

The old system worked just fine. We don't really NEED this 1 extra possible attack. Is it worth all the trouble, even if a decent solution (because a perfect solution does not exist) is found in the end?

I say nay.

#RollbackHype

20. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Again I dont care if it is because I have the ST. I've already said I dont have a hero nor the funds yet to +7 it therefore it is 100% useless to me right now and I am not selling it and a GM can make it untradable if they wish and let it collect dust in my storage. By the time I will +7 it there should be multiple 111 ATT STs, and if there arent, then that would first of all prove that they would be rare enough to warrant NOT just giving everying with a perfect 110+7'd a new 111+7. I see nothing wrong with my above proposal tbqh. If you are saying I am 100% biased in all ways in my opinion then you yourself are biased in yours.

Again you are telling me that the 4 59 att +7'd dragon sleeves deserve to all be 60 att +7'd simply because of the new system, when chances are none of them would be 60 att in the first place because theres only 4 of them?

Keep in mind with my above proposal nobody is missing out on ANYTHING other than being able to see an extra attack on their weapon. Literally nothing is missed whatsoever or lost, simply they would have to wait to find another maxed clean one and then buy it and tada a GM makes it +7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.