Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    No, a roll back is a terrible idea (and I know the admins will not do it) because it has been at least a day, and people will have potentially gained a lot of EXP and mesos in that time. Far more people will be pissed off that way, including lower levels who don't even care about the higher level communities obsession with perfected weapons. Many of them probably don't even frequent the forum, but we mustn't forget the impact a roll back would have on them.

It is impossible to roll back some things and not others without making a massive mess.

2. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood

3. cashlezz

cashlezz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Preach.

Gangsta likes this.
  4. Kekturi

Kekturi Donator

Country Flag:
    He can help

5. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    Statistically, ove previously calculated that a craftable perfect weapon (dragon weapon) appears at about a 1/500 rate with the old numbers. With the addition of a +5 they appear at a 1/600 rate. How do you handle that? Add 5/6 of 1 atk to each? Only give 5 in every 6 people an extra point? With non- crafted weapons (gached or lvl 100 weapons) they now appear perfect 1/540 drops whereas before it was 1/

6. Christine

Christine Donator

IGN:
    2spoop-e4u
    Guild:
    fruits inc
    There is a lot of speculation going on right now and to which I will redirect everyone's attention back to Mike's original post:

7. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Your solution wouldn't work for everything. Perfect weapons aren't the only things that suffer ;-;

[​IMG]

xxTuzixx, ReconKatana and Gangsta like this.
  8. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    No, this idea will not work. There are not yet many of the new weapons in the market. Supply will be far lower than demand for awhile.

It will make it even worse for those who have not yet scrolled one, as they will have to wait for all the people who already have to get their new one!

9. WayoftheFox

WayoftheFox Well-Known Member

So, you spent 2.6bil on a completely useless item, why? I would have only bought it if either: I can perf it now (or the foreseeable future), or I can profit from re-selling to a buyer. Why else would you have spent so much money on it? I'm genuinely curious.

Gangsta likes this.
  10. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    because I eventually will want a perfect weapon'd hero but i cant afford to perfect it yet.

same reason why I almost bought that 112 att carabella for 4.5-5b before vivi a/w'd it. I still didnt have the money to perfect it or the hero but I knew it was rare and I would want it eventually so there I was trying to buy it

thats true I didnt think of that actually. basically if there are 5 59 att +7'd dragon sleeves on the server, in my personal opinion I would not find it to make sense to make them all 60 att when there were only 5 59 attack to begin with. The chances of any of those being 60 att are low to begin with, but all 5? I guess there is no simple solution other than just adding +1 att to all of them though, apparently.

11. danman

danman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    danman
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascension

This is really important. You can only egg a HTP once, so anyone who waited for a /perfect/ HTP to egg is now stuck with a less than perfect HTP.

Andreas, Eli, Gangsta and 1 other person like this.
  12. GoodDoodoo

GoodDoodoo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    im just going to agree with everything dan says

Michael and danman like this.
  13. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    I agree my solution is obviously far from perfect its just what I came up with other than just giving away new max clean +7'd weapons without a different solution. My b

14. GoodDoodoo

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    I personally bought a 109 clean ST with the knowledge that 110 was the highest possible attack. If I had known 111 was available, there is no way I would have bought a 109.
    There is no way to please everyone, but something can be done to please the majority of the player base. In my opinion, getting rid of the +5 weapons (111 ST, 56 craven, 108 spartas) is the best way to go. While it is not fair to those who have the +5 weapons, it's the best decision for the majority of the player base, and at the end of the day, that's all we can ask for.

15. Mekansm

Mekansm Well-Known Member

i think every item in the game should be given +1 stats to compensate for this terrible crime against humanity.
    ~f14

Michael, Andreas, maggles and 2 others like this.
  16. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    I would agree 100% with adding +1 attack to perfect weapons and getting rid of the +0 possibility on the godly system to make the chances even as before. Sounds the most fair to me.

Seeing as how easy it is to get mesos...i really dont see it being a worth while/unfair problem to those that bought less than perfect equips as that can be made back very quickly

17. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    I really don't think Nostaigia means harm or has any malicious or selfish motivation behind his opinions. I've been chatting to him in the chatbox, and the impression I get is that it isn't anything to do with the stonetooth, but instead the fact that the math being messed up and the probabilities becoming inconsistent and there being potentially more perfected weapons in existence than there should have been *really* bothers him far more than the issue of people being unhappy because he is a logical geek rather than a people person (I'm sure plenty of us here are engineers and scientists, so it isn't unusual in this community to have that kind of view on the world!). I prolly don't have this completely correct (please don't be offended Nostaigia), although my point is that different people have different views and priorities and personalities, all of which are valuable. I'd much rather have the aeroplane I am flying in designed by him than by a person that is influenced by the selfish financial interests of an airline in an attempt to keep everybody happy!

He would even support the removal of the +0 to increase the probability of getting a +5 (and then +1 added to everybody who perfected one). If he was wanting his stonetooth to be better than other peoples, he wouldn't want that.

So my suggestion is that while not everybody agrees with him, he means well, so lets stop the brutal argument because it is making the assumption that he is acting maliciously.

18. GoodDoodoo

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    To say he has no bias in his argument is completely ridiculous. Just as those people who have "perfected" weapons have their own biases, Nostalgia definitely has his own. That doesn't mean he's wrong, but there is definitely bias behind his argument, and there is nothing wrong with that. Why wouldn't he support the +5 system? He has a 111 ST. Also, he just said in the shoutbox that he would kill everyone if he came home to his 111ST being gone. If that's not malicious, idk what is :)

Graces likes this.
  19. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Honestly this is accurate. I don't want everyone hating me and thinking I'm selfish and want the only 111 ST or something, like its literally a useless item to me currently anyways lol just collecting dust in my storage till I can +7 it.

Sorry to anyone I offended.

To be fair if the system was reverted back to normal and my 111 ST was a 110 ST or a 112 carabella I wouldnt complain :D

20. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    I'm quite sure he was joking :p

Andreas and Nostaigia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.