Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDoodoo

GoodDoodoo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    while 1 atk may not matter to you or me, it may matter to some people. it is not fair to just assume that 1 or 2 atk would not matter to anybody, because that simply is not true.

2. Saxa

Saxa Donator

IGN:
    Saxa
    You're right. It doesn't make the item any less useful, but for people who have spent hours and hours on perfecting what they assumed to be the best possible item they could get their hands on, that 1 attack is the difference between perfection and, well, imperfection. We're not talking about the difference 1 WA makes, we're talking about what constitutes a sense of achievement for players who have perfected items which have now been found to be imperfect due to a previously unfixed and undiscussed bug.

Tommy, Michael, Moderato and 6 others like this.
  3. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    brb 30ing my 87 slash claws cuz it's no longer relevant

4. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    boom city

5. HoloDrake

HoloDrake Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HoloDrake
    Level:
    15X
    Guild:
    Balance
    I never said that it doesn't matter. But it definitely doesn't matter as much as people are QQing about.

Those people should just be happy, it's still pretty much the best they can get. If they really lose sleep over 1 missing attack on a weapon in a game, then they should really check themselves. Now I can understand if this "bug" increased the attack of godly weapons by an obscene amount, but this is just 1 attack we're talking about, not 5, not 10, but 1.

A side note: has this really been decided to be a bug? Or is this just the new norm?
    -goes to gach STs-

jessyjinx and John like this.
  6. Saxa

Saxa Donator

IGN:
    Saxa
    Forgive my bluntness (or don't, because seriously wtf), you don't get to decide what makes people happy or unhappy.

7. Madi

Madi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shot
    One attack can mean the difference between 500m and 3b on a clean item. That's not insignificant.

There's no guarantee that any +4 would have been a +5, but if these weapons were perfect relative to their potential then, I don't see the harm in making them perfect relative to the potential now.
    That being said, I perfected an 83 concerto, which I believed at the time to be the max possible, and even if we aren't "compensated" that extra stat, I'll live. I know this situation is different, but this is a server that sees progression and updates. There's always the possibilty that one day new content will render your items obsolete.

8. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    finally someone says it

OT: some food for thought.

On average it takes 70 white scrolls to perfect a weapon.
    White Scrolls are currently priced at 350m.

70 x 350m = 24.5 billion mesos.

I wonder why someone would spend that kinda cash on an item if it wasn't perfect.

Gangsta, Andreas, Eli and 1 other person like this.
  9. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I'm under the impression that the main issue at hand here are weapons which were previously perfect (clean), perfect (in the process of being perfectly scrolled), perfect (perfectly scrolled), and perfect horntail pendant(s)?

If there's anything else, let us know please.

10. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Clean perfect items are also effected e.g. 21 attack clean dragon khanjar (with +4 it was max'd). And the same goes with other potential clean 110 stone tooths, 87 attack clean revolvers, etc (Basically clean perfect items that people have been saving, so they can white scroll it in the future).

These items would have been sold/bought with the intention of having the highest clean attack.

11. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    This is what I meant when I said this, if not, I'm not too sure I understand what you mean.

12. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    technically it's a shield not a weapon ^^

Matt likes this.
  13. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    There's a more minor concern over people doing nearly-perfect items. A 109 ST sounds great when you consider it's 1 atk from perfect. The reason you didn't do a 108 though, is that 2 atk is just too much to lose, and you're certainly going to want to upgrade that some day.

edit:
    Items that aren't weapons (as addressed above). I'm in the process of finishing a pair of earrings that were previously "perfect" clean. I was planning to scroll a dozen godly mage gloves (most of which are perfect) this week, but now I'll need to hunt them all over.

What I'm MOST concerned about however though isn't the items at all. It's that this was just done without any discussion or even an announcement, and the community was left to PANIC!!!!111SHIFT1ONE! in the aftermath.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Gangsta, Doritos and HoloDrake like this.
  14. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    @Matt Any thoughts on buying an extra attack/stats on a htp.
    I think that would be fair.

15. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    There are also some other items that people might have been saving as well. I have personally been saving a few AP statted items that were "perfect" in at least one aspect with the intention of someday white scrolling, even if not with 10% scrolls(Perfect lukless int gloves, zakum helmet, etc).

Since you said "Main issue" I wasn't going to mention the more trivial items but I thought it best to throw this out there anyway.

xxTuzixx likes this.
  16. HoloDrake

HoloDrake Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HoloDrake
    Level:
    15X
    Guild:
    Balance
    Learn how to read, I would have said that they need to be happy if I was trying to decide what makes people happy or unhappy. I said they should be happy with what they have accomplished, it's still something not many people are able to do. I don't have to decide what makes you guys unhappy as it's pretty obvious that it's just about anything and everything.

This makes more sense as a concern.

17. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Do you mean to say that there are people that spend multi-billions of mesos to perfect-scroll non-perfect equips? If so, this makes things quite a bit more complex.

18. Jack :3

Jack :3 Donator

IGN:
    xJack
    Level:
    Guild:
    Synergy
    im working on 67 att 5 slot claw now for example...felt like it was worth it before now it kinda feels like 30% material :D

19. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    There are, finding a 59 attack Sleeve or the 3b needed to get a 110 attack ST is not worth it for everyone.
    Weapons are rare and very hard to scroll and come by.

20. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    I know that there is at least a stonetooth and a sleeve out there that are nearly perfect but not quite. I believe that the numbers say a 108 shiner bow wasnt perfect before (and certainly isn't now) but at least one of those has been perfected and two more are in the works that I'm aware of. I certainly would have perfected such an item had one come up for sale.

Perfect weapons were already incredibly hard to find, and for some people "next best" was good enough, but "next next best" isn't.

I also know that I was about to spend an (average) of 16 white scrolls (over 5 billion) to finish off 60%ing my helmet because it was perfect in dex, even though it wasnt perfect in other stats. I know I would have 10%'d a 6 int mage glove rather than a 7 clean if I could have turned up 3 30%s on it. Are these kinds of items worth looking at, even though they're costing 15-20 white scrolls (average) rather than 70 like a weapon would?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.