Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    This doesn't really make a lot of sense to me as 3b is quite a small portion of the mesos required to finish off the item with the required white scrolls.

2. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    it's not really about the meso cost of the items as it is the infrequency with which they come on the market. I have more than enough money to buy a perfect dragon bow if one were to come up for sale right now, but I'm willing to invest (statistically) about 4 times that number on crafting because i dont expect that any will be available in the next six months. Granted this is less of a concern for sleeves and much less of one for stonetooths, but for pirates, 1h heroes and DrKs the point certainly stands.

if that wasn't clear:

"i could wait six months and HOPE a perfect dragon bow shows up, or I could perfect this nearly perfect one right now, and have a fantastic weapon for the next six months." Some people might choose to wait, and some might not.

3. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    I see what you mean, but right now lets say claws, there are I think 2-4 perfect claws and 1 is a Green sleeve or maybe 2 of them are green, it's impossible finding it.

Kerning is not a good place for everyone to gach since NLC/Shrine are the top places and you get ST from NLC.
    IF you would want a perfect claw that's 6-8b + you can't find one. I scrolled a 55 attack Purple Sleeve, now since 4 slots worked I'm going to finish it with WS even though it's 5 attack less from perfect.
    There are people with close to perfect weapons and it's a bit unfair to them as well, that's why buying that extra attack would be fair for everyone.

4. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Possibly, I'm still trying to figure out the extent of what has been affected by the change.

Do players also perfect scroll equips which are <= 3 less than what was perfect (clean)?

5. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    that would depend on the player, but if enough 30%s were involved I'm certain that there are some out there for whom it would be worth it. That goes back to the "are 15-20 (30? 40?) scroll items worth addressing" question though.

6. Doritos

Doritos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    Yep, yep, I've used a handful of ws on my 108 shiner, still +0 though :'(. The only 109 I ever heard about sold for a lot more than max meso, and this is the only 108 I saw for sale, so 108 was worth perfecting in my opinion.

7. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    As said ^ usually if they are 3 or less from perfect they are very cheap making it worth it to 30% scroll a few times.
    Don't think many would go 7+ 10% with WS when the item are 10x cheaper than scrolling once with WS.

8. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Oh, I was just highlighting the fact that you should include other equipment besides weapons, such as shields (dragon khanger). If you are also including Horntail Pendants, then maybe Zakum Helmets and Almighty Rings? (just putting ideas out)

9. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Okay, from what I am seeing, the vast amounts of equips that need to be altered due to the change are weapons that are either perfect or 1 away from perfect, prior to the change - as long as they are clean, on route to being perfectly scrolled, or are perfectly scrolled.

If we were to add 1 attack to the above items, this would likely be done via automatic checks in the database. And other items would need to be looked at on a case by case basis, as using a tool to do those too would be hazardous to say the least.

If anyone can see major problems with that, then please make your voice heard.

Strategic, Gangsta, maggles and 6 others like this.
  10. Aram

Aram Donator

IGN:
    8.5/10 Great
    Level:
    big
    Guild:
    yes
    I think that's the main issue with the godly system, however with the recent change to it, I think it's also kind of unfair for those who also spent a decent amount of time/mesos on getting other kind of gear (tops, bottoms, earrings, etc) that were considered to have some kind of DESIRABLE perfect stat.

For example: I always made sure my thief tops had the best possible DEX (because you can't scroll them for DEX) or my bottoms the best possible LUK (can't scroll with LUK either) before I attempted to scroll or buy them, otherwise I wouldn't even have bothered wasting my time/money for them since it had the best possible stat regardless if anyone scrolled them or not, same thing for other similar gear.

This might sound like an insignificant issue compared to weapons, but I think it should be just as important because all of a sudden those stats are not perfect anymore either, and before anyone says "LOL it's just 2 stats difference get over it", it's the same deal as with weapons, it's the difference for it to be either perfect or not due to a sudden change in the system.

I wouldn't care as much if this kind of gear don't even get considered for some kind of compensation (probably because it would make things even more complex), I did spend a lot of time hunting them down (and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who did) but thankfully I don't think anyone has ever poored 10b+ of their mesos into them, however I think it's still important for the staff to not overlook them because they were affected by the change too.

11. GoodDoodoo

GoodDoodoo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    This is my main concern. I am one of those who bought a 109 atk ST for this reason. I would have never bought it if I had known it was 2 w.atk off of perfect

12. David

David Donator

IGN:
    Tainted
    Level:
    Guild:
    AllStars
    Or everyone could just move on... I have a several items that could have been affected by this, and have sold/blown up loads more, but life goes on. The number of equips that have this may have affected over the past 1.5 years is so huge it's ridiculous. If you try to go and compensate players, where do you draw the cutoff on what you deem worthy? Only weapons? Only dragon weapons? Why not Skandas, why not someone's overall, why not the level 50 guy who was so proud of his "perfect" weapon? The only clean way to go about this is to let everyone have their fuss and then move on. Drawing arbitrary boundaries about what is worth intervention is just going to cause more unhappiness.

And a lot of these people say they want Reverse weapons added. Hah. What a shitstorm that'd be.

workteam and jmmainvi like this.
  13. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    I would argue new content and randomly buff weapons is a bit different.

Reverse weapons would likely mean kill PB, I don't think we would get maker skill for reverse weapons. At least I wouldn't like that.

maggles likes this.
  14. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I assumed that this was covered by:

xxTuzixx likes this.
  15. Lunch

Lunch Donator

Level:
    Just thought I'd share my opinion. I'll probably get a lot of hate for this but I don't think anything should be done.

You guys are playing a game where updates happen. You have to expect it. To perfect an item and expect that it will be the best in the game FOREVER is a logic I don't quite understand, especially when there has been no guarantee from GM stating that things will stay the way they are forever. (if there is such a notice, then I apologize and take back everything I've said)

Relating back to GMS, how do you think players with perfected items felt when timeless items were released? Or potential system? I know it's a different game but in all the cases the players scrolled the item with the intention that it is the best item at that time.

Before you lash out at me by saying "oh you've never had a perfected item, you don't know how it feels", actually I had a perfect bow (lvl 130 from pvp area) in Khaini with one of the best unique potential line combination possible (I had no doubt it was one of the best bows in game at the time, since I used to check screenshots on basilmarket, auction threads, and browse through fm daily back then). When the legendary system and empress weapons were released did I expect to be refunded? NO. I made my weapon knowing it was the best I could find at the time. To expect compensation for any future releases is just absurd in my opinion.

Suck it up guys :)

David, Miika, Gangsta and 3 others like this.
  16. jmmainvi

jmmainvi Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    Actually, a significant draw of playing an old version server (v62 in this case) is that things like this DON'T happen, and while certain small upgrades to the content (ulu, ToT) have been made, rendering a months of work obsolete overnight is not something that "comes with the territory" as it would on a current version server.

Gangsta and maggles like this.
  17. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    I would actually be more inclined to accept this tbh. As someone said to me the other day in shoutbox

"You aren't entitled to anything."

Ive had perfect equips in GMS before that cost QUITE a bit to make that became useless within months due to new releases

but so be it. I still dont really think everyones equips should simply be upgraded.

John likes this.
  18. Lunch

Lunch Donator

Level:
    The fact remains though that there has been no statement by the GMs indicating there will be no future releases that will compromise the current system. You are making an assumption that by playing a v62 game, there will be no changes.

Just another thing that poped into my head, there were some discussion in the chat about the possibility of CWKPQ. If it does happen and if MoN is released, should the GMs compensate everyone that had chaosed their dep stars?

John and Amin like this.
  19. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    These are not new equips, it's not new content, have you seen Nexon buffing equips that already exist.

It's not the same as "ohh my Red Craven dropped in price cause Ulu dropped them too".
    [​IMG]

Gangsta, maggles and Plenty like this.
  20. Aram

Aram Donator

IGN:
    8.5/10 Great
    Level:
    big
    Guild:
    yes
    Probably, Matt hadn't posted while I was typing my post. :p

@Nostaigia @darkcloudo you're missing the point where this is not NEW content, it's the "fix" to a system that should have worked from the beginning.

Gangsta and maggles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.