Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    @Bald forwarding these to you, since you claim in your ban appeal that you are "dedicated to recognizing any mistakes [you] might have made, learning from them, and ensuring they do not happen again in the future."

Tobi, Nerite, Sylafia and 14 others like this.
  2. Bald

Bald Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hersavior
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    @Sen Why are you @ing me like you know anything regarding what happened in those screenshots. You get screenshots from other people and other people tell you their story but you have yet to hear my side of the story. FYSA most of those screenshots are out of context and majority of them were previously friends with me and we joked around like that a lot. Don't try to make me look like the bad person here. If you wanna talk add my discord and we can vc.

3. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Are you not gonna post your side of the story here instead?

Tobi, Enticing, Sylafia and 6 others like this.
  4. Plu1337

Plu1337 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    U can tell your story here.

NasiLemak, PeepoPeepo and Knoxz like this.
  5. Knoxz

Knoxz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Leavings
    Guild:
    Versatile
    Let's hear that bs story you about to come up with cause those pictures tell the truth..

6. Bald

Bald Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hersavior
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    yes i will for sure tell you what happened here :D very smart

7. milesss

milesss Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSuperNovice
    It seems weird for an ex-forum mod and a current mod to stir up drama with a guy in the middle of a ban appeal. It brings up some questions about the fairness of this ban appeal for sure.

Mellow, Wavelength and Gunit like this.
  8. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Asking someone to post his side of the story = stirring up drama?
    Oh no, guilty as charged

Note: Ban Appeals are handled by GMs, not Forum Mods unless it's a Forum Ban Appeal
    Thought I would clarify this since you seem confused about how Ban Appeals work

Enticing, Gert, Ghostie and 3 others like this.
  9. milesss

milesss Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSuperNovice
    Alright, so you're playing dumb. Not exactly what I'd expect from a forum mod, but hey, what do I know?

Sure, you're not in charge of ban appeals. But you're not just some random play, right? As a mod, what you say has some weight. But here you are, stirring the pot while someone's trying to appeal a ban. That doesn't exactly scream 'fairness', does it?

So maybe it's not about who does what around here. Maybe it's more about hoping for a bit of respect and professionalism while the appeal is going on. That's not too much to ask from a mod, is it?

Mellow likes this.
  10. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Could you elaborate more about how my prompting for a player's side of the story (as a Staff) = stirring the pot/drama?

I do recognize my status as a Staff member (albeit a Forum Mod) does have some weight behind my statements, hence why I did not throw anything (accusations) out

Are Staff members not allowed to seek clarification on what actually happened, or you do not wish to see Staff's presence on Community Blacklist?

Enticing and Ucchi like this.
  11. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I assumed that if you are okay with sharing your side of the story on Discord, you would be okay to do so on Community Blacklist too

But if I am wrong on this, feel free to correct me about the differences

12. milesss

milesss Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSuperNovice
    I'd be glad to. Firstly, I'd like to draw attention to the difference between genuinely seeking clarification and needlessly provoking someone. The phrase "Are you NOT gonna post your side of the story here instead?" isn't an innocent request for more information. It's an apparent attempt at needling and escalating the situation.

This isn't an isolated incident, either. "Sen" kicked things off by making an unnecessary jab at Bald, setting a negative tone for the discussion. It's clear that this isn't about understanding what happened. It's about getting in a few digs at someone who's already in a difficult situation. And let's not ignore the consequences of this behavior.

When a moderator sets this kind of example, it gives the green light for others to follow suit. Hence, we get comments like, "Let's hear that bs story you about to come up with cause those pictures tell the truth.." This isn't a call for understanding. It's pure dogpiling.

So no, It's not about "seeking clarification." It's about how you're going about it, by escalating the situation, inciting others to do the same, and contributing to an environment where a player trying to appeal a ban feels ganged up on. Surely we can do better than this in the mapleroyals community.

That being said, I'd like to remind you, the role of a moderator is not to join forces with their friends and unfairly pile on users they may not like.

Gunit likes this.
  13. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    This is not the first time either. It's a common theme here.
    Problem is many people are friends and then at the same time got some sort of hidden - direct and or indirect authority.
    Also it's evident being friends with admins /gms / mods allows you to act / behave in a certain way where the common player would get warned or suspended at the very least.

Mellow likes this.
  14. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I think you are just reading too deeply into what I wrote

As written above (my questioning to Bald2), the "Are you not gonna post your side of the story here instead?" would mean if you are okay with sharing the story on Discord, why not here

I am not sure how you read a simple question into I am dogpiling him with others

However, if you truly feel I am being disrespectful or unprofessional, feel free to submit feedback about it
    https://royals.ms/forum/forums/feedback.3/create-thread

You may also list examples of how I should have worded it (in a respectful + professional manner) so that I may learn from it

kittybun, Knoxz, Seyu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Could you quote or link examples of players that gained such advantages cause they were friends with the Staff?

Knoxz, Becca, eVolve and 3 others like this.
  16. milesss

milesss Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSuperNovice
    I provided the clarity you asked for, and I did so in detail. Yet, here you are, still feigning confusion about your actions, insisting I'm reading too deeply into your words. But the conclusion I reached isn't baseless. It's based on your behavior and the effect it's had on the conversation.

Perhaps instead of denying or downplaying your role, you should offer an apology to bald and the mapleroyals community. As a mod, your actions reflect on the community as a whole. And right now, those actions are casting a negative light on us all.

And let's not overlook your initial response to me "Thought I would clarify this since you seem confused about how Ban Appeals work". Quite condescending wasn't it? Or are you also 'confused' about how that could be interpreted as condescending?

Tiffaux likes this.
  17. Plu1337

Plu1337 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I just try to help
    Ur right about this. Thing need to be heard from both sides. If u think ur not doing wrong u need to defense urself against the ban.

And second
    Who are you? This is about bald

18. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I can't help but to feel your silly comments is to divert the community's attention away from Bald2's questionable actions, and instead trying to put me in the spotlight about my "unprofessionalism"

And yes, I do think you are confused by how Ban Appeals work

The comments here (Blacklist) do not affect Ban Appeals or Report Abuse, I would strongly urge you please do not misrepresent the Community

Also, please cease your false claims about me unless you can back it up
    I do have my unprofessional/disrespectful moments, but this is clearly not 1 of them

Sylafia, Sen, Seyu and 1 other person like this.
  19. milesss

milesss Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSuperNovice
    This isn't about redirection attention from Bald's actions. The fact that you arrived at that conclusion just confirms your propensity for manipulative behavior. I assure you, I'm not confused about how ban appeals function. Rather, it appears you may be the one lacking clarity. "The comments here (Blacklist) do not affect Ban Appeals or Report Abuse," strikes me as a glaring misrepresentation. Any statement bald makes here could indeed be used against him in his appeal. Your persistent provocation of him under the guise of innocence could very well be detrimental to his appeal.

Your comment to "cease your false claims about me unless you can back it up" seems to be a veiled threat, perhaps intending to use your authority to silence me. That doesn't strike me as professional conduct. And let me assure you, my comments are far from "silly". As a member of this community, I was under the impression I had the right to express my opinion.

So, if the implication of your words is that I must quiet myself to avoid your wielding of power, please do make that clear. I will gladly mute myself to retain my access to Mapleroyals, even if that involves stifling my freedom of speech on these forums.

20. eVolve

eVolve Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MarkMom
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    It's even weirder for a 5 year old forum account to make their first comment in the community blacklist thread.
    Should we be expecting an account merge shortly?

Keeping on track, this is the place to dispute community allegations against a person. If you want to make a defense for Bald's actions, you should stop attacking Dave for directing Bald to defend himself here instead of in a meaningless private vc.

Tobi, kittybun, Enticing and 9 others like this.