Solved [Solution Given] M1 MacBook Air Crossover x MapleRoyals Tutorial

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pinkchocoa, Dec 27, 2022.

1. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
    are you on 60hz?
    also, please try 1920x1080 60hz instead of 1920x1200

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Hi! This was very useful, and was able to make it work by running BetterDisplay monitor. Everything is working fine, however, when playing within the game. I have noticed, that the keys are not functioning correctly 100% of the time. For example, I am a NL, when I jump and press the key for FJ. It works, however, when I FJ and then TT and then jump and press the key for FJ the character instead TT's. Is this a known issue or just specific to myself? Would also like to note that for some reason I am unable to long press my attacks so my character can continue to attack, rather I must press the key for every attack... which is a tad bit annoying...livable.. but annoying. So figure, I'd just mention it just in case.

I am currently using the M1 MacBook Air MacOS Ventura 13.0.

Any and all help, would be amazing. Thank you!!

Edit: figured out the leaving the attack pressed issue... apparently can't use "control" that way. I put TT on a different key and worked beautifully.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    pinkchocoa likes this.
  3. Isekai

Isekai Donator

Country Flag:
    Is this suitable for M2? And is there any free version?

4. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
    Same steps for M2, betterdisplay required.
    Instructions to extend crossover trial is in the spoilers below, so technically free!

5. Isekai

Isekai Donator

Country Flag:
    Alright. I face an issue tho. After keying pin, the screen just freezes.

6. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
    Its common for it to freeze if you use your mouse to click 'enter' at PIC, try restarting then using the keyboard enter key to do so instead.

Ghosty likes this.
  7. onlyfriends-Will

onlyfriends-Will Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    reallyHorny
    Level:
    Guild:
    Onlyfriends
    ok I tried everything with my friends on M1 but nothing would work out... not even to launch it... are there other ways to fix this f4

8. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
    M1 pro or M1 air? M1 air is straight forward and does not require anything other than crossover. M1 pro will require betterdisplay or an external monitor that is set to 60hz.
    Do look under the spoiler tags in the post for details.
    more information is required in order to assist (e.g. what steps have you taken and what step did it fail at?)

ps. updated spoiler tag for "still need help" section with more pointers on what information is required when asking for help!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  9. floral_green

floral_green Member

IGN:
    yoyong
    I've tried following different from this thread but nothing seems to be working. The MapleRoyals icon shows up in the task bar but then disappears after a few seconds.

I'm on an M2 Macbook Air on Ventura 13.4.1. I've tried using BetterDisplay where my display settings are:
    - 16:12 Aspect Ratio
    - 1024x768 Resolution @ 60hz

I tried installing both the WZ and IMG files in CrossOver using Win XP 32-Bit as the bottle, but have also tried Windows 7 32-Bit, Windows 7-32 Bit, and Windows 10 64 Bit. After trying all of this is when I tried setting up BetterDisplay, but I still have not had any luck. I also made sure to add CrossOver to the Full Drive Access under Security and Privacy settings.

The game never opens, I only see the icon in the task bar for a couple seconds but then closes without showing an error message or anything. I will say, the one setting I could not find from the instructions was the CSMT. I'm not sure if it still exists somewhere in CrossOver, but the latest version I installed does not show CSMT in the list of advanced settings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

pinkchocoa likes this.
  10. Los_santos1

Los_santos1 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Shaj
    Level:
    That's probably because you're opening from the icon in homescreen. Click on your 32 bit bottle, on the right hand side there should be a list of options (CSMT is under advanced setting). Click run command and choose browse to find the mapleroyals.exe and run that.
    Remember to turn on better display and set the dummy as your main display before opening crossover!

pinkchocoa likes this.
  11. floral_green

floral_green Member

IGN:
    yoyong
    Thanks for the suggestions! You're correct in that I was not launching it correctly in CrossOver.

Here are the things I'm noticing now:
    • The game now opens and I'm able to select a channel, but after I select a character, it closes
    • While I am setting up my Dummy screen before launching CrossOver, the game window still shows up on my Built-In screen and I'm not sure how to move it over to the Dummy
    • After the game crashes, I can't re-launch it, showing: "error code: -2147467259 (call failed)"
    • CSMT does show up under CrossOver's advanced settings (screenshot attached)
    Thanks again for the help!

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 3.34.17 PM.png

12. Los_santos1

Los_santos1 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Shaj
    Level:
    1. Make sure your client is up to date and you're not using a vpn. Just remember when inputting your pic, hit enter on the keyboard instead of using the mouse to click ok
    2. To return to the built in screen, simply open system settings and set the built in screen as main display. Or go into the BetterDisplay menubar up top and set your screen as main display.
    3. That error code is related to the display and only shows up because you're launching the game from the built in display, not the dummy screen. Try setting the dummy screen as the main display, launch the game there and do step 2.
    4. You can build a new bottle to see if CSMT is there and try launching the game from there. But if the old bottle works just fine than don't worry too much.
    Good luck tinkering!

pinkchocoa likes this.
  13. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
    this might be due to latest client crashing issue actually

14. velly

velly Member

I wanted to say that this thread worked wonders for me. I had given up on the idea of playing MapleRoyals on my Macbook Pro 14 but it actually worked!
    Key points I relied on:
    - the whole Crossover guide
    - changing my display settings to avoid the 2xxxxxxx (call failure) error. After i connected my monitor AND changed my macbook screen settings to mirror the monitor, it worked!
    - using enter key at the PIC stage. I still struggle with reliably logging in, i often have to Force Quit MapleRoyals a few times before i actually into maple.

pinkchocoa likes this.
  15. personal1

personal1 Active Member

Country Flag:
    TY FOR HELP

pinkchocoa likes this.
  16. SugarRii

SugarRii Member

IGN:
    SugarRii
    Im on Macbook pro M2 chip, Mac OS sonoma, i played with crossover worked fine for a day, on the next day i couldnt log on to the game.

Game launches as usual, i enter my pin then select character and enter the PIC. there is no error or messages, the game just closes right after i enter the PIC. Anyone got a solution? Tried install uninstall, practically everything and nothing is working.

I was last in ludi main map.

17. TroyJK

TroyJK Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TroyJK
    I have this weird issue where I am able to log into my bishop but can't log into my hero on my mac??

18. cbms0947318

cbms0947318 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyCB
    Level:
    Is anyone getting the "out of memory" issue while creating the bottle?

19. pinkchocoa

pinkchocoa Donator

IGN:
    akaichi
  20. Buttback

Buttback Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Buttback
    My game freezes every time I cmd+enter to switch to fullscreen. Tried different screen resolutions on my M1 Air, the only one that works is 1024x768. My external monitor will freeze on fullscreen regardless, tried every possible resolution and 60hz refresh rate.

Any tips?

Edit: Also tried various settings in Crossover and tried various Windows versions to use as a bottle