Closed Can't comment on feedback threads

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by Donn1e, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Why do you think you got banned?: https://royals.ms/forum/threa...ges-and-balancing.205730/page-18#post-1392614

Hello.
    I had my comment privileges removed from feedback threads by Dave today.
    Check the thread for yourself: https://royals.ms/forum/threa...ges-and-balancing.205730/page-18#post-1392614

1. I wasn't "flaming", @xDarkomantis was comparing awlz to sparky95 and presenting them as skilled players, saying no other players are expected to be on this level and for this reason zerking should be easier.
    - I explained that awlz and sparky are miles apart WITHOUT FLAMING and explaining in a factual way why.
    - I also explained that zerking those bosses is easy with examples why.
    2. I'm maybe the most active player on skill changes/bosses feedback threads on the forum and having my privileges removed over this is a joke.
    3. That's the definition of over-moderating since this was doing no harm as a side note and wasn't said in a mean way or crossing any line. It was relevant to the above post for the reasons I mentioned.
    There needs to be some freedom of speech, no matter what section of the forum it is.
    If it escalates, I understand the removal of certain comments, but since it didn't and it was relevant to the subject, there was simply no need to do that.
    That's not how you moderate, that's how you derail a feedback thread in the middle of a discussion and piss off your players.
    4. I have a very clean record.

I'm asking for this restriction to be removed, and for @Dave Deviluke's actions to be reviewed.
    Editing my post and twisting my words is messed up, what a way to treat the playerbase.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  2. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    1. I do think your comments are flaming of another player and it was unnecessary (not related to DK skills)

Regardless of whether it's Darkomantis or any other players listing other players are examples, you don't have to agree with it and may list someone else instead

However, why are such comments necessary on a skill-balancing thread?
    [​IMG]

2. being active (or most active) on the thread is not a license or permit for you to be rude or flame others

3. I have removed the irrelevant comments cause they are not related to the topic of DK skills balancing, however you chose to double down on the matter hence the reply-ban was given

Before this, no actions such as WP were given, but the reply-ban was given since you insisted on the irrelevant topic on the thread

4. not sure how to respond to this, having a clean record such as 0 WP does not mean such comments are acceptable

Also, you may add on if you feel there are any other points to be added on or missed out, and I will request the Staff team to review this matter

Also, there is no "Editing my post and twisting my words is messed up", should you believe I have edited and twisted your words besides the screenshot above, you may point it out here as well

This is my question to you on the matter, you can choose not to answer it - how do the removed comments help with the skills discussion?
    (you mentioned it was relevant, but in what ways?)

3. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

I submit a report in 'report abuse' section about you, you close it and tell me to submit a ban appeal instead.
    I submit the ban appeal, and you comment instantly asking me questions.
    I explained myself in a very clear way, and im not insterested in having this discussion with you specifically.
    Please let other staff members handle my appeal since you are an active side of it, thank you.

4. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Additional reply for this newly inserted comment

1. Yes, there should be freedom of speech, however the freedom does not mean we should post such flaming/rude comments
    2. As I rarely look at skill changes thread, I probably won't have noticed it, but your comment was reported - I reviewed it and took the necessary actions

Why is there a need to wait for a flame war to occur if I know it's incoming?
    (of course, you can disagree with this)

5. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I didn't lock it, I simply closed it and requested you to submit a ban appeal instead
    (please don't mislead the public)

Will be requesting Staff team to review this matter

6. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Sorry, edited 'locked' to 'closed' since it makes a huge difference.
    I will be answering every question once a different staff member comments here.
    As you said youself:
    'Please submit a Ban Appeal should you disagree with it and other Staff will review your comment + my moderation'.

So I'm not sure why you said another staff member will review my comment and your moderation, yet you are the staff member asking questions on my appeal.
    Have a good day.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  7. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    We have reviewed the case and decided to lift the reply ban. Please stay on the topic of Skill changes and balancing nonetheless. If you deem a comment to be insulting please use the forum report function to alert us. This is meant for not only you but everyone involved.