Monster Drop Table Website (Scotty's version)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by scottY5C, Jan 14, 2024.

1. scottY5C

scottY5C Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    Time for me to contribute to the community~

As we wait for official release of the revamped library, and also version update from Shamongo's Monster Drop Table Website. I created a clone version with v89 content.

Disclaimer : Im not responsible for any of your loss or outcome due to any inaccurate / missing information from this website as they serve as reference only.

FEATURES:
    Took me few hours went through a lots of Mob to see which images are missing!! e.g. zakum/horntail/shao boss

upload_2024-1-15_0-0-41.png

upload_2024-1-15_0-1-56.png

1. Gear stats
    Hehehhee, this is a cool idea to rebuild the maplestory-style UI, only for EQUIPMENT. But, those stats are NOT from Mapleroyals, they are recalculated from API and math used are from this Zancks's post. And of course, the stats factored in the max stats of adding+5 effect upon "Godly item roll chance" e.g. zakum helmet stats range will be 13~17 or 13~22 (if godly). If there is any discrepancy, please use mapleroyals library.
    upload_2024-1-15_0-8-32.png

2. Spawn Map
    If you click the mob image, it pops out the spawn map list. They are extract from client string.wz. So, it shall tally with your Monster Book info. If your monster book is half way complete, now you know these fantastic beasts and where to find them :xD:.

upload_2024-1-15_0-29-16.png

The toggle button is at top right there. It has 3 modes! Light , dark, and pink ?!! Test them out, and feedback on the color choice are appriecated:love:

upload_2024-1-15_0-19-40.png

upload_2024-1-15_0-19-58.png

1. Random search like Google's i'm feeling lucky is now available. You can search random item too. Please select Items Tab first before clicking the search icon.

upload_2024-1-15_0-43-23.png

1. UI update, with more mob/item detail showing [:3]. Please refresh few times if website seems crashed.
    • As usual, click mob picture to show detail of map spawn & elemental relationship e.g. Take more damage: Fire means it's weak to fire.
    • Exp shown is after considered in x3.2 exp rates of MapleRoyals.
    upload_2024-2-4_1-29-49.png

upload_2024-2-4_1-31-50.png
    upload_2024-2-4_1-42-23.png

2. Another variant exists, which is called Mobile-version, intended to be "mobile friendly" than this PC version.

• You can switch between these 2 URL link from top right icon.
    • upload_2024-2-4_1-34-43.png
    • upload_2024-2-4_1-39-40.png

3. Sadly, color theme switching not really working on V2, and might abandon this feature.

Known bugs :
    1. might not be working for mobile device
    2. some images are really missing from API, i assume those items are mapleroyals-exclusive contents, or maybe i dont know where to look for.
    3. fixed : website crash for first-loading search
    4. gear info not maching. i.e. MoN

5.. Page might seem crashed when initial loading, please refresh few time.

Like Shanmngo's approach, the data are extracted from Monster Book of String.wz from MapleRoyals client. Also, the images / equipment info are not from MapleRoyals, sources are from maplestory.io API. Please excuse the inaccurate / missing images. ^_^'

CREDITS:

Lastly, shoutout and credits to Shanmango to inspire me for this project. Kudos to VNHoes guildie for their effort & help on building and testing this amazing project!

You can host it as locally for better experience, or publicly with netlify if the link not working in one day~
    [V1] : https://anonymous.4open.science/r/react-DropTracker-98BF/
    [V2-pc] : https://anonymous.4open.science/r/react-DropTrackerV2-6A23/
    [V2-mobile] : https://anonymous.4open.science/r/react-DropTrackerV2-61C9/

Edit :
    1. added open source link
    2. Update on 2/1/2024 at GMT+8 time to match gear stats.
    3. added V2 link on 2/4/2024 at GMT+8 time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  2. InstaFresh

InstaFresh Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    InstaFresh
    Level:
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    WoW amazing PRO! ~f15

3. NehZu

NehZu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    FYI I'm developing a responsive UI for Scotty webapp right now, I'm not sure Scotty will implement this UI in the future though, but mine work will be look alot like this.

Desktop.png

kmusissi and Galoc like this.
  4. pav1223

pav1223 Member

IGN:
    Pav
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    Prosssss!

Looking forward to it XD

5. NehZu

NehZu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
  6. scottY5C

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    Lannahechee likes this.
  7. scottY5C

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    V2 under development. Here is preview:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KamiOh, coffeethief, Galoc and 6 others like this.
  8. scottY5C

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    Currently in need of help/advice/tips to fix the wrong gear stats.

e.g. stats shown in website not tally with mapleroyals info. Image and bug-catch credited to Coolkid123.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1. Gear stats & info are NOT from MapleRoyals website/data, but they are fetched from maplestory.io API , as long as we know the item Id.
    e.g. mark of naricain with item id of 1122059, fetched from : https://maplestory.io/api/EMS/82/item/1122059/
    2. Sometimes the api return null/nothing. So data fetching will be retry with different version / region, in this order:
    e.g. https://maplestory.io/api/GMS/64/item/1122059/
    https://maplestory.io/api/EMS/82/item/1122059/
    https://maplestory.io/api/GMS/107/item/1122059/
    https://maplestory.io/api/SEA/198/item/1122059/

Explaination : Because GMS v64 might not have this item yet, the API return nothing, then we retry to get from EMS v82.
    Unfortunately, EMS v82 has different stats compared to GMS107(mapleroyals using this, i believe). So, we have wrong info(not tally with mapleroyals)

Current idea to fix the mis-match info:
    1. Fetch data from mapleroyals libray. but no yet test, because https://mapleroyals.com/library/ seems down at the moment. :pepepoop:
    2. Check all gear one by one, then record down which version/region match the actual mapleroyals.Then, add this item Id to speical list, and if item is in the list, directly use this version/region instead of retry with diff version/region. But the work involved will be too manual & tremendous to mee :pepemad:

So , does any better source exists for this ? or mapleroyals have API for this ? :pepelove::pepelove:

nayuki likes this.
  9. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    You should be able to find these stats somewhere in the royals wz files I think, seeing as monster book, owl and item ignore know the stats of items and I doubt they're making API calls to the server for it

scottY5C likes this.
  10. pragmasaurus

pragmasaurus Donator

Country Flag:
    You're already using the game files to generate the drop lists by grabbing the monster card data from String.wz right? Can't you just pull the correct stats from Character.wz in the same way? E.g. Stats for Mark of Naricain is found at Character.wz/Accessory/01122059.img/info.

Edit: You could also pull mob data from Mob.wz, since certain mobs like Ninto were rebalanced in Royals. And you can list the maps they're found in by looking in the "life" section of each map in Map.wz.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    nut, Galoc, scottY5C and 1 other person like this.
  11. Galoc

Galoc Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Arthas
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Heroic/Ours
    Nice work! I love the new UI. A small suggestion that I would like to add is to split the drops by type. Maybe it is too much for the UI, but you guys would know better than me.

upload_2024-2-1_6-28-26.png

scottY5C likes this.
  12. NehZu

NehZu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    thanks for your suggestion, I already have that in mind, Implement a way so user can sort/filter out results better. But I guess it gonna take sometime, and I prefer Scotty finish a proper MVP first, QoL changes can come after.

Sylafia, scottY5C and Galoc like this.
  13. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    To 1.) The old MapleRoyals library is outdated too, so I don’t recommend to rely on that.
    To 2.) I suggest to make it a community project to find wrong items like MoN.
    I can help you get correct stats if you have a list of items you don’t know avg stats.

Some more ideas for further information on item origins like at Hiddenstreet:
    • This item can be obtained from Gachapon at Kerning City and Lion Heart Castle!
    • This item can be obtained from Ellin Forest exchange quest!
    • This item can be obtained from Bounty Hunter Quest!
    • This item can be obtained in Amoria PQ’s Bonus room!
    • This item can be obtained in Von Leon‘s Bonus room.
    • This item can be obtained during Valentine‘s event!
    • This item can be crafted by Luden!

PS: MoN
    5 STR/DEX/INT/LUK
    300 HP/MP
    2 Attack
    10 Magic
    15 Accuracy
    5 Jump
    5 Speed

dirtmouth, scottY5C and Galoc like this.
  14. scottY5C

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    So much love from community :love:

1. With suggestion from @fuzzything44 and @pragmasaurus , i dig further into Character.wz, and found that stats info exist. Wow.
    After few hours of pulling data from it, now the website should be updated with correct stats info from MapleRoyals. Please refresh few time if page's crashed. I believe MoN is now matching :p . Please help me catch more of mis-matched stats.

upload_2024-2-1_21-22-7.png

About suggestion:
    1. feature of listing mob spawn map was already done. By clicking the mob icon, it should show. These map info are from String.wz. upload_2024-2-1_21-33-13.png
    2. Good idea to pull mob stats from Mob.wz, it would help on my V2 development to show mob HP/Exp & etc rather than relying on maplestory.io API.

1. Cool idea. But since this website was initially built like a digital monsterbook, so items which won't drop from Mob/not listed in MonsterBook would not show up. Because its not a library at this moment. Also, to imitate Hiddenstreet to show additional source of item e.g. from quest/craft/pq, the effort to do it would be huge. Might need another post to seek help on how to find the info rather than manual key in.~f4

ImVeryJelly and Sylafia like this.
  15. pragmasaurus

pragmasaurus Donator

Country Flag:
    Oh yeah, I forgot the monster book data already has mob spawn maps listed. The main advantage of using Map.wz is that you could also display the count of how many of that mob are on the map, useful for guessing how good of a farming map it will be (e.g. realizing that Pig Park II is much better than L Forest 1 for hunting iron hog). But the Map.wz method would require more code to properly crawl the data and perform the count. A minor advantage would be that Map.wz is more accurate, especially if a map was changed at some point since the monster book data may not have been updated to match reality.

As far as I can tell, the gachapon lists rarely ever change in Royals, so I think it would be reasonable to create a list from the existing gachapon guide. You could make a simple look-up table with columns of item ID and a string which indicates where the item comes from. If you'd like, I could assemble such a list. I also already have data on where chairs and event NX come from as well, from my work on the chair and event NX guides, if you want that data also.

nut and Sylafia like this.
  16. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Except for summoned bosses, right? Those would still need monster book as I doubt they're in map.wz, although I haven't checked for sure

And are almost certainly not in the game files. Same for bonus rooms. Here's the list of items sources from things besides drops that I can think of, tell me if you find more. Some might not be worth including, but gach/bonus rooms would be nice:

• NPC stores (might be in wz files)
    • Quest rewards (might be in wz files)
    • NPC crafting (I think dialogue is server side so probably not in files? Notably arclancer + dragon weapons + EPQ earrings but there's a couple other NPCs)
    • Gachapon (10 locations + LHC exchange + miwok + chair gach)
    • PQ/boss bonus rooms (LPQ/APQ/CWKPQ/VL, any else?)
    • Orbis etc/Showa/Ellin forest/CWK badge exchange
    • Fake stores (rocks/ACP from book of ancient, the CWK quest for ACP + pots, one in lith harbor, magic seeds from tatamo, Cecelia exchange, event shops)
    • Opening boxes (mostly event rewards - red envelopes through NPC, easter eggs, anni boxes, tree pq boxes, Xmas boxes, summer coolers)
    • Event bosses (technically can consider this same as opening boxes but there's a lot - Vday, anni, Halloween, xmas)
    • Claiming dojo belts
    • Anniversary maple tree thing with sun
    • GM event rewards? Gl getting a comprehensive list of those. I believe dash just uses the same list of rewards as a regular GM event, minus the congrats

pragmasaurus likes this.
  17. pragmasaurus

pragmasaurus Donator

Country Flag:
    That's right, area bosses would still need to be found in the monster book or a manual list. Rare mobs like D.Roy are in map.wz, and I believe the "time" property can be used to display their respawn time (at this point I'm just poaching features from the legends library :p)

Of the sources you listed, I think these are the most easily achievable ones:
    • Quest rewards (found in Quest.wz/Act.img)
    • Gachapon (not in game files but well documented and doesn't change often)
    • PQ/boss bonus loot (documented and doesn't change often)
    • Exchange quests (some are not super well documented but we could crowd source some farming to confirm drops)
    • Fake stores (might take some time to gather info on all of these- probably not possible for event stores like santa/sandman/malady because they often change year-to-year)
    • Dojo belts (easy because they are so few)
    The rest of them would be a challenge to keep up to date. I think for some event items, you might be able to say something generic like "Available during Anniversary event" for things like maple umbrella or pyrope pendant. But it would have to be a manually maintained list that could become outdated.

Sylafia likes this.
  18. scottY5C

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ScottY5C
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    Mimmia, KamiOh and loaf like this.
  19. MitchyD

MitchyD Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLust
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Starlight
    You mean like drop info?
    Something like ' Dropped by all types of mobs during Christmas Event '
    Similar information could be used for Gachapon items.
    Like a White Scroll could show the item description/ what it does and then ' Can be acquired from NLC Gachpon. '

Galoc likes this.
  20. Layk

Layk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Layk
    Amazing !!