In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

I don’t think tokens are a good solution, I don’t want to spend dozens of hours in rg to maybe get a reward. If we are to have an item exchange let it be at a set rate and not yet another rng heartbreak.

Chitinous, Gellyroll and Nivi like this.
  2. Gellyroll

Gellyroll Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xCintare ღ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior ღ
    Idk why it’s unfair that NL needs more range with Rose Garden, you seriously cannot expect the class should be great with everything. Rose Garden is obviously best for multi-target classes, bishop can also hit multi-targets and has a third room weak to holy so it isn’t very much surprising there. We already know NL is bad without se which you cannot get for the rest of the run inside. I guess the issue relies on that a noob melee can still reach 10 bees without much gear?? Idk how you would start considering it as fair but I do think it should be fair some classes would be just best and just bad in RG.

I think that it just needs to have tradables that are worth trading bees for~ But I still strongly disagree with Rose Garden just being a bunch of tradables, idk but has it ever occurred that slow yet steady income is one of people’s playstyle? Sure it can be long and boring but it’s a thing, which some people prefer doing RG. Others think that it’s just ez free mesos.

I can still trade bees with raw mesos but I can start trading them now with other things such as CS fragments. You'll need 5 fragments to make 1 CS and you'll need 20 bees for it each run. It will be different with WS fragments with A/B/C because it'll be exchangeable with the NPC.

Remove Ifia's ring on the drop table and sell Ifia's box for 10 bees and burning energy. The reason why nobody tries to buy Ifia's box is that it's too expensive and the boss drops it. Now if it costs 10 bees each character can buy 2 Ifia's boxes, which is a similar reward to krex especially to end-game players. RG gives good exp, totems and nx so I find 10 bees for Ifia's box reasonable to run still to get 2 possible potential good rings.

Or If removing Ifia's ring on boss drop is to bizzare, have Ifia's Ring scrolls. Like what is newly implemented on Tokens of Teamworks. There should be specific Ifia Ring scrolls that is Untradable and gives 60% pass of passing a specific stat but potentially getting a good scroll on CS still gives better results.

So another suggestion would probably make Rose Garden longer. If some people can do 200m/hr (raw mesos only; nx and totems are not included) then making the runs longer is another way to decide if it’s worth running to or not. The difference between Rose Garden vs All other ways to make mesos is that Rose Garden is a chill and stable income. Other ways to farm mesos have to be gambling, having competitors, and being mentally challenging. Making Rose Garden longer will make people bring fewer characters; less mesos less inflation. I am just sadly against the idea due to the fact if I had let’s say 5 200 characters it would be fun to run with them and I’m happy to run with them every day. If you make this shorter with fewer bees then it won’t be worth it to anyone who doesn’t have that many characters.

Overall what I’m just nervous about is that the changes being made will be too heavy that people will start seeing Rose Garden similar to Ellin content. People are very fixated on fixing the Inflation issue at hand. I’m not super bummed out that I miss a bee during my runs because it’s still rng. Sometimes It’s been 2 minutes and nothing still spawns and sometimes that can happen twice which makes me lose a bee lol. As a casual player myself RG made me stay playing Royals because of the stable income it makes, idk how much I am speaking for everyone here but it motivates me to stay in the game because I consider Rose Garden as a playstyle of mine to make mesos. Some get way more mesos but it’s much more difficult I’m fine settling with how Rose Garden makes mesos.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    Pharsti, Tentomon and Nivi like this.
  3. itu

itu Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItuHunter
    Inflation is bad. "I like the guaranteed income from the money printer" has very little substance as feedback. Money printing is really bad and people always love it.

4. Magikarp

Magikarp Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    karpfan
    Guild:
    VNHoes
    dont really have much feedback just seconding all the people who've written prior that they want a chat cue as well when bees spawn, it's usually all fine and dandy but it can be a bit hard to tell when several bees spawn at the same time.

Poesje likes this.
  5. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

[​IMG]

Donn1e, itu, NehZu and 2 others like this.
  6. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
  7. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    I agree, its a great concept and addition to the game, but indeed feels like needs a nerf meso wise. Could possibly drop ring 100% and cap bees to 15 or 10.

Sylafia likes this.
  8. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of the bee cap and think instead of a cap, bee spawn rates/NPC values should be adjusted. The cap isn't changing the meso/hr significantly because you get bees at the same rate, just requires you to make more mules the more you want to farm.

Panduh likes this.
  9. PinaColadaPirate

PinaColadaPirate Donator

IGN:
    VolleyFire
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I think the current bee cap and spawn rate are fine, and lowering the rate would defeat the whole purpose of giving newer players a mid-end game content to farm with their attacker. It's really the super endgame players with 1 set of decent cgs and an army of mules that are breaking the system (Hell, you can even just borrow the gears if you only have the army). Changing the NPC value would create an issue where people hoard billions worth of bees and suddenly become worthless overnight.

The current inflation is due to the imbalance between meso injection and meso sink. I guess the bee exchanges are just so bad that people completely forget their existence. Ifia ring boxes are way too expensive to incentivize people to even trade in bees unless they have literally nothing else to upgrade. Similar case for golden apples. I don't know anyone who traded golden apples except when it first came out and people just wanted one to Smega. Not to mention you can get gelt from cwk/vl, and people probably also hoarded a stack of them already during xmas too. VLCS upgrade was a great opportunity to implement a bee recycle mechanism but the chance was wasted.

In my opinion, implementing Multiple lhc/rg/vl-themed meso sinks that are appealing enough for the heavy rg farmers to turn in back the bees is the way to go. The vlcs upgrade I mentioned above and in the vl thread is one of the many ways. Adjusting the ifia box prices to a reasonable price works too. Perhaps adding items that are in low supply or high demand to the box works. CS, WS, DPS, skis, and khanjar are probably the most appealing items that people are willing to trade in bees for (as long as the rates are well-thought-out and ensured to not damage the market). I also know some mage mains struggle with finding perfect ele staffs and maple magician shields.
    I'm not saying we should add all those in. Just pointing out that the lack of bee recycling mechanism is one of the reasons causing this insane inflation, and many potential solutions are yet to be explored before we go down bad to another nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf then dead content.

skete, RoyalDC, Icato and 9 others like this.
  10. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    Well we all know it nerfing does defeat the purpose of RG, but as of this moment there is too much inflation due to RG being overused. There is no other content that all channels are being used 90% of the time 24 hours a day. It just proves that its wayy too lucrative compared to other content; which deincetivices other content to be run. Ultimately less items are "created" from content like of CWK, NT, auf, or bosses that are "drop based".

Panduh and Sylafia like this.
  11. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    Indeed, in contrast to the unstable income from boss fights. Rose Garden provides a stable and consistent source of income for many players who dislike farming mesos with mages.
    However, further consideration should be given to the factors contributing to inflation adjustments. The newly proposed rule should be taken into account as well. With a decrease in supply but an increase in demand.

For your reference:
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/int...-rule-handling-real-world-trade-goods.213575/

12. SirRetro

SirRetro Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SirRetro
    Level:
    If you think the hardcore people are ruining just limit the entry for Rose Garden.

Make it limitable to 3 Chars max per Person/day. This should be possible since you know which accounts are frequently getting used

or

Limit it to 2 Characters and then the Person has to wait 12 hours before going with the next one.

If you implement this changes earlier as possible people wont be mad for creating an extra RG Mule like Hero or another RG Cheeser

13. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    Should think it through before actually posting. How will you enforce it? Would you make the devs implement it, and give them even more work? Simple is best, just nerf the pure amount of mesos being generated, and compensate with either totems or rings.

itu and Sylafia like this.
  14. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

was that first sentence neccessary? this should not be the tone we have towards each other in a feedback thread.

RoyalDC, Saledor, RonJJ and 5 others like this.
  15. Nivi

Nivi Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    There is already a system in place to prevent people from multi-clienting event maps for more loot. Meaning the game can already automatically detect characters coming from the same ip-address and prevent entry.

Saledor, Chitinous and SirRetro like this.
  16. SirRetro

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SirRetro
    Level:
    I was thinking it through and im actually thinking that's the best compromise. I want to make both sides happy instead of just nerfing it. Lets be honest the dedicated player base already abused a lot RG. Which is no problem.
    Its content which is there to be done :)
    But why should content get nerfed to the ground only because of some dedicated people?
    So capping it would be healthy for the inflation so as for the casual players. This would reinforce people to do more bossing again instead of just creating another RG Mule.
    Thats why im proposing a across account limit per day, yes people will be sad about it that it will be capped but at least it will be not nerfed and turning into RosegardenMS.

Im understanding how software and database works. If you are logging into your account from your original PC or known IP you will not have to enter the PIC again.
    If you want to enter with 2 chars an eventroom its probably not working. Its only available for 1 character at the same time.
    If you are vote abusing or doing anything illegal they will know every single char and account of yours.
    Its already there and in near reach =)

In case if you think i missed something im always up for recommendations!
    Im sorry if it was not clear from my side ^_^'

Chitinous and Nivi like this.
  17. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    Sorry if the first sentence sounded offensive, but there are ways to get around ip limits, like how people vote abuse. I just dont think giving GMs another rule to enforce is a great idea. And I feel the that the problem is RG is just a fail safe way to make meso much more effective than any other content, and believe needs a nerf of some sort. There are literally people who just log in RG and log off.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    Zkittlez and Sylafia like this.
  18. SirRetro

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SirRetro
    Level:
    Its no problem, to have not the technical background. I do, thats why im explaining it carefully :)

Its okay to have something casual like shao but moneywise, but the difference is you cant trade exp or are limited for 1 day with a character.

yea maybe it can be avoided but as punishment you could implement if you abused it you are banned from RG only for X days.
    Its easier to implement as you might think, like i said the technical aspect is already there i just have the feeling that elitist are crying already now because of the cap.
    I believe my change is healthier for everyone, the gap between dedicated people and casuals is already big and with your intended nerf it will only get bigger.

People had alot against the new HP Washing option, but in the end it was healthier for the casuals and dedicated people not needing to restart their whole character.
    Not giving the GMs more work seems for me a loosely argument, every change you want to have is needing effort too.
    The elitist already abused alot of RG and now it should be nerfed for everyone? After most of you guys bought already crazy stuff with the inflated mesos?

Conclusion : Yes RG is nice to do, should it be nerfed because of elitist? No it should be capped for them and then its fair for everyone.
    Im valueing my time and i have to work alot or im busy with life. Im sure some of you got already kids. We are all growing older, im not supporting the full grindmindset...

Daveman91 likes this.
  19. itu

itu Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItuHunter
    We don't want a nerf or cap! We don't want more contrived limitations and arbitrary work for enforcement!!! We just want to stop inflation!!!!!

No one thinks "hardcore people are ruining" come on!

RonJJ and Gellyroll like this.
  20. Gellyroll

Gellyroll Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xCintare ღ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior ღ
    I agree, and why does it sound like stable income sounds such a bad word? In real life you’d also rather choose stable income than to gamble, in game makes it no different. The issue with balancing Rose Garden is not everyone likes to main classes that are good with the content and not everyone owns more than 1 character to run it more than once. (So to me the cap actually helps balancing it) I get the inflation problem but I also think removing what’s unique in Rose Garden (the stable income) is unfair to the players who prefer making mesos that way. Not everyone also likes RG, my friend still rather mage farm because it makes way more and yet they own more than 1 character to do Rose Garden. But I also hate the hypocrisy who wants RG nerfed yet does it because it’s “ez mesos”. The content deserves a balance adjustment, and not “just nerf it”.

I agree the issue with RG is that it doesn’t have enough options to use the bees with. The exchanges doesn’t feel balanced or worthy enough to trade our bees with.

Nivi, Immer and SirRetro like this.