In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    1 Ring for 4 bees and I would actually consider trying for a nice ring instead of always going for mesos with bees.

Zkittlez and Puff2153 like this.
  2. MasterSponge

MasterSponge Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    KetamnSponge
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    personally ive been playing for 8 months still havent reached rg so id perfer if could stay the same so i can try it out before more nerfs. more options for exchange im definitely not against since wont affect overall profits.

3. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    The issue isn’t that its stable income. APQ is stable income for an example and not inflating our economy.

The issue is its stable pure mesos. Just as you said, multi mage farming should make more than RG per hr but people despise farming, its mind numbing to most people and has a high price of entry (2-6 4th job mages).

RG is a relatively very low barrier to entry with LHC power leveling you to 180. While yes it requires a lot of time to clear RG in 30mins on gizer, but you can start making money from it (10-15 bees is still good money).

I cannot give you numbers but I would guess there are easily 100x the amount of players who frequently do at least a few RGs a week than players who even do 1 hour of multi mage farming a week.

It’s not that it’s stable income that makes it toxic. It’s that it prints straight raw meso. It’s accelerating the devaluation of mesos.

They need to make a system where you can make stable income but not several bil
    Now consider comparing that to 5x the bees and 200 energies. That’s what they decided on and thought players would consider using.

4. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

the opposite is also somewhat true, if we have a bee exchange with a with a bee:item ratio that isnt horrendous enough to cripple rg outright we'll instead have that items value crash to the point where people will no longer consider it worth running after some time, just like how many players consider apq not worthwhile running unless the valentines event was active in years past and i really cant see a solution for that. (yes im aware the buffed apq makes this less accurate these days).

yes its better to limit that damage to a single item instead to whole economy but no matter what some people will get short stick in all this, whoever is hoarding said item will panic sell before the price crashes. will we have another 150m cs situation like the night before the patch where cs was added to zak? get your mesos ready boys.

5. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

please dont take the above post too seriously, im drunk.

NehZu, ZJZJ, Ari♥ and 4 others like this.
  6. itu

itu Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItuHunter
    Unless you spread the item rewards between many key, high-traffic items, which is why I think it should be totems.

7. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

imagine spending 20 hours in rg to get a 92 attack ski and a some 30% scrolls

8. itu

itu Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItuHunter
    It's maplestory we are all gambling for everything with anything we do! If you're gonna do rg over many hours then it doesn't matter!

Anyway maybe they made it raw meso intentionally because they decided that they actually want inflation now to artificially prolong the life cycle of the game or something. Can't think of any other reason.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  9. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

you are correct, this is why you sometimes get 20 bees and sometimes you dont, were're never getting away from gamba here. but honestly id prefer a straight exchange, something like 100-120 bees for a cs/ws ish~

10. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    I would need a reminder on what you mean by this. That they nerfed the bees to cap at 20 and lowered energy drops?
    I just mean everyone is going for the pure meso portion of the bee exchange. Trying for a godly ring is not worth the 100m in bees is my point. If it was 4 or 5 bees per ring, i would find it much easier to make the choice of do i want 100m or do i want to try for 4 or 5 rings today. 1 ring instead of 100m will never be worth it unless the chance for godly is boosted significantly by the exchange.

Javier, Zkittlez and RoyalDC like this.
  11. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Oh I thought your opinion that 4 bees would be worth it in your eyes to maybe roll a ring. When compared to the real deal, its absurd it costs 10x (I accidentally said 5x) the cost you would consider, and 200 burning energies.

I think 4 bees is a bit on the lower end of cost but the live version 40 bees and 200 burning energies is absolutely insane.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  12. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    Yeah I would think 4 bees is a good cost. 4 or 5 anyway. Which is either 4 or 5 rolls on a ring per RG. The last time I looked at it, it was 20 bees and no energy (or maybe I just didn't look hard enough idk) for a ring. Which if you look at it, no matter what its either 100m or 1 ring at that. But if its 40 bees and 200 energy for a ring thats absurd. 200m for a 95% of the time a terrible ring.

Zkittlez likes this.
  13. Zkittlez

Zkittlez Well-Known Member

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    I don't know if this has already been suggested, I haven't read the entire thread...
    Why not bring back the prize box that you originally received from Ifia. Add it into the exchange store instead and make it cost say, 5 bees.
    Give people the choice of either taking the safe money or gambling for a chance at a chaos scroll and other prizes. They love to gamble :love: I think this would be more fun than just exchanging them for flat meso personally, however I don't think that option should be taken away from people. Change the aforementioned absurd cost of ring boxes to something more enticing and see how that settles.

Remember that the current inflation you are seeing won't be entirely tied to the pure meso generated from this content. Prices for goods across the board often rise and fall with the current rates for cs/ws. The price for cs/ws is generally at its highest around this time of year leading up to the anniversary event, during which it crashes back down to around 380m due to the injection of supply to the market. Supply is apparently low right now and driving prices higher; I think this should be considered before talking about drastic further nerfs to this content.

TopKEK, Immer, MengQian and 2 others like this.
  14. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Im going to respond with what I can recall from some of the staff/game balancer points I read and guess some points they would bring up:
    • CS/WS/BWG/Totem already exists in LHC gacha, and totems also do come from RG already
    • Just slapping cs/ws to every content isn’t a good way to balance content eco and are heavily against it as it may seem lazy
    My opinions:
    • Gonna have to add ws as well for even a chance, remember WS was almost 100m extra than CS bc of the box
    • Gonna have to dilute the pool, it was way to common to get CS, felt like 10%

Zkittlez and Sylafia like this.
  15. Moo Moo

Moo Moo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maximoo
    Post CNY inflation last year cs/ws reached around 485m at it's highest point, this year, it is currently at 550m (and still rising).

To Steelman your argument, one can point out that in comparison to the player numbers from last Christmas of 800~1200, to this year at about 1200~1800, it is approximately a 50% increase in total players that're contributing to the inflation.

However, you can't rule out the fact that with the introduction of RG last April, this content has been farmed daily without stop, for 11 months straight. Especially for established and well geared players, RG has been so lucrative, many run it on 3+ characters daily, resulting in RG being more than half of the channels full at all times. Even if you assume only 50% of the inflation is cause by RG, that is still astronomical coming from this one singular content in the game.

This glaring issue was pointed out already ever since release, but nearly a year later we're finally seeing the results taking effect dramatically. The disparity between new players and old players are widening more than ever before due to the inflation. It is furthering the temptation of things such as RWT or vote abuse for new players, as those methods bypasses inflation altogether.

Possible solution to the issue would just be lowering the value of bees. If it is lowered, then the exchange rate to ring box would be worth the mesos value, while still maintaining it's rate of 2 bon/ring box time value.
    There's been suggestions on the VL feedback thread of making 100% VL cs include raw mesos as a crafting cost to add a late game meso sink, but it probably still misses the mark when it comes to combating the issue. The root cause of all of this is the bees, tuning it to a healthy rate should be the key to solve it.

pogdog, Sylafia, Nerd and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zkittlez

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    I don't run rose garden at all, so I honestly don't actually care what they do to it. I have no skin in the game, as they say.
    I hate to be this guy but by your own logic what you suggest is equally likely to push so called "newer" players toward things such as rwt and vote abuse since you are taking away the one and only means they had of making any reasonable meso. More established players with multiple accounts can just run it more times to make up for the nerf while the "newer" players with only one character are hit the hardest. The gap continues to widen and nothing changes. You just defeated your own argument, with your own argument :p

FuznesS likes this.
  17. Zkittlez

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    Perhaps I should have provided more clarity. I was suggesting the implementation of an item that functioned in the same manner as the original box, not necessarily the exact same box as it was. In fact I agree with both the points you make; should something like this be added I think it would need to be altered.

Nerd and Cynn like this.
  18. Moo Moo

Moo Moo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maximoo
    Cutting down the value of bees will significantly reduce the meso/hr rate of RG, if it's less lucrative, less people will focus on this content, and redistribute attention to other things. This did happen when the cap of 20 bees was introduced, traffic significantly lowered, but once people realized it is still very much profitable to run it, the issue continued. Reasonable mesos can always be made elsewhere from other content with drops, not in pure mesos, and at such a high rate.

The idea of giving viable feedback here has nothing to do with personal profit, but for the health of the game as a whole, and RG has very much hit a critical point of negatively impacting the server.

Dupreeh, TunaBelly and Sylafia like this.
  19. Zkittlez

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    Two words. Dead. Content.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    CodGhost likes this.
  20. TunaBelly

TunaBelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tunabelly
    I feel like a weekly cap of 2,3 of RG would be best imo, which "forces" people to leave elnath for once...

Zkittlez likes this.