In Discussion Class/Skill [Feedback Request] Skill Changes and Balancing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nut, Jun 4, 2022.

1. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    I'm aware of the jump+skill timing on skills to get around not being able to perform the skill while jumping. However, I'm pitching the suggestion to make players able to perform it while jumping.

2. xDarkomantis

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Added additional change suggestions:

:archer:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [-] Inferno / Blizzard:
    • Hits up to 3 lines from 1 line
    Why?:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [-] Arrow Rain / Eruption:
    • Hits up to 4 lines from 1 line
    Why?:

[​IMG]
    [-] Blizzard:
    • Can now critically strike
    • Does slightly more damage to be comparable to Inferno
    Why?:

3. xDarkomantis

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Still waiting on Total Crash Range buff on any patch. We don't need to wait for a super patch just to roll out some skill changes.

Abdus, Avielush, Damien. and 10 others like this.
  4. veen11

veen11 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mandikana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms/Newp
    dark knight
    make hyper body wont be disappeared when get bosses dispell

paladin
    make elementary skills wont be disappeared when get bosses dispell

bowman
    rollback soul arrow (100 arrows + 5min + apply arrows wa) + make wont be dispelled (or delete bowman)

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    chainyu0220, Sylither and SummonShade like this.
  5. SummonShade

SummonShade Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SummonShade
    Level:
    I agree ice/fire/lightning/holy charge shouldn't be dispelled it makes paladins one of the worst classes to rebuff

Abdus, xDarkomantis and Sylafia like this.
  6. veen11

veen11 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mandikana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms/Newp
    dark knight

change berserk condition to 70% hp

psydaniel and Boozy like this.
  7. Avielush

Avielush Well-Known Member

good suggestions , shit server wont ever happen

Javier and xDarkomantis like this.
  8. godys

godys Well-Known Member

I've been somehow reading feedback posts from 3 years ago about making MM better (I should care since I am one, uh?)
    And I haven't seen anyone with this idea:

Many people said, and it is on this main post, that making MM's Strafe 5 lines instead of 4, but I'm not sure it can be made, since it would probably affect BMs as well
    But I've been thinking, isn't there a way to make FinallAttack to work without the "character movement" ?
    Just, random strong hits between skills from nowhere that doesn't affect the attacking delay, with higher damage than strafe itself, considering it is not 100% chance?

Javier likes this.
  9. Javier

Javier Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Javier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Northern
    marksman's 5 line strafe is already a thing on another so-called oldschool maplestory private server if I remember correctly and it doesn't (or wouldn't) affect BM that much compared to hurricane. at the end of the day, neither mm or bm are or would ever be considered top damage classes. archers are supporters.

the final attack skill eventually got in fact tweaked back in GMS for a passive buff that does exactly that, adds a random additional line when using main attacking skills from 2nd job and above without triggering the character movement it makes. I think it was somewhere around 2009 or maybe along with the big bang update in december 2010. it was indeed a great tweak to the skill, made it actually useful and most people would invest points into it because it was a noticeable dps increase. the thing is, how does this only affect marksman and not other classes? are you implying for this to be only a marksman's exclusive thing? because although I'm a marksman that craves a little bit of love, understanding and tenderness too, final attack is a skill that bowmasters and all 3 branches of warriors have too, so it would be unfair for them.

10. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

I've mained dk since i started on this server and i'd like to offer my opinion on the current state of them.

Currently they're pretty much exclusively used in cwk and rg which i find to be quite a shame, in the current shad meta there is little room for warriors so how do we go about fixing this?

For starters we should remove the anti-melee design in neo tokyo. unavoidable dispel spam that only affects melee is unfun and forces people to run other content, give us a meaningful skill-based way to avoid dispels like how we can avoid the stun in von leon or put dispel on a timer to make it more managable. i also think a 13k range dk shouldnt need to demon elixir to knockback auf without se.

Make it so dk can consistently hit head A and B in HT, dk damage falls off alot once they run out of multi targets to attack so i think this is a no brainer.

single target buff. How? probably by adding a single target version of crusher we can put on another key, this would mess with the crit damage ratio so honestly im not 100% sure how to go about it. Is a multitarget buff necessary aswell? Honestly I’m unsure but if so we could just buff zerk again.

what to not do: dont up zerk hp treshold and instead look to alternative ways to make future bosses dangerous rather than just dealing huge damage. auf and vl are great examples of this.

on a side note i'd also like to suggest we increase the stack size for melting cheese and milk to 125-150, having 30 stacks of these + accuracy pots, attack pots, acps, mp pots etc leaves little space for anything else. this would benefit both dark knights and any 3rd job jobs grinding it out.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  11. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

reduce core blaze damage to 29k when the attack up buff isnt active. this makes dispelling attack up important. the current changes just served to buff shadowers as ss just became a lot more valuable. if the reason for this change was to prevent shadowers from sitting on core and instantly kill spawns then disable mesoguard in that map instead. there's precedent for this already as rush is disabled in auf for being a too powerful tool.

Casaba likes this.
  12. Zkittlez

Zkittlez Well-Known Member

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    Sir, I am going to have to ask you to put the meso guard down... good, now keep your hands where I can see them at all times and slowly back away... ~imboss

Abdus, Crags, nut and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

I KNOW MY RIGHTS ~f5

Zkittlez likes this.
  14. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

i just dont think getting booped into the boss should be a death sentence with no counter play, warriors and shads have a high % to not get booped while bucc has no avoid and no permanent stance, i feel theres better ways to do what this patch tried to do. iframes does help but its rare to go a full run on bucc without getting pushed into core.

SummonShade, Abdus, Isekai and 6 others like this.
  15. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    Give "seal" the ability to work on all enemies, but also give it restriction that "slow" has where it only works once and sealed mob cannot be sealed again (even if by another player), buff duration to 30-40 seconds. Gives mages an support buff in bosses - seals boss and mobs from attacking or buff/debuff.
    Useful area: VL gargoyle summons (1AM can reduce # of bishop needed to give party holy shield). Uninterrupted burst fire on a boss (Similar to being inside smoke but with the added benefit that boss don't use weapon cancel during it).
    Unsure if teleporting bosses are still considered a new body each time they teleport though.

16. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Disable multi-client in boss runs :admindab:

17. Zkittlez

Zkittlez Well-Known Member

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    No. :pepeboba:

18. Isekai

Isekai Donator

Country Flag:
    One unlucky touch and u’re dead. If you trio with nl+se+bucc trio, it’s failed run.

At least leave a chance of survival if you even if you gonna buff mano damage to 99k

Fill likes this.
  19. MaAtaOmerAhi

MaAtaOmerAhi Member

Transformation/Super Transformation turning you into an energy blob is kinda diasappointing, people spend NX and real money on cosmetic items to style their characters how they want to look and if you want to play bucc you basically have to accept that you'll never see your character

It would be nice if there was a toggle in the files that allows you to see all transformed characters from those skills without the trasnformation visual effect (some basic aura effect from whatever's available in the game files can be added so you know the character's in Trasnformation), functionally the skill would be exactly the same and if someone chooses to leave the toggle on the default settings, they'll still see all transformed characters as an energy blobs from their clients

Damien., Ari♥, Crags and 4 others like this.
  20. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Here's my thoughts on it:

They should definitely not just deal 500k. That's way too OP for them.

Keeping them at a fixed 200k is an okay solution but not really ideal - I've heard very heavily geared MM don't even use snipe because it's a DPS loss, and hammer does start to drop in usefulness on pally too, although not to the point of being unused.
    Could it perhaps be made to deal 200k OR the result of some regular damage formula, whichever is greater? Which would keep in theme of a very high damage hit for new players, but then have the formula work to scale it up slightly for heavily geared players to keep them useful on the high end, if not as overwhelmingly strong as when you first get them?

Damien. and GunzGaming like this.