*NEWER* Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by lilaznpnk, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haul

Haul Donator

It's depends on one's reponsibility, and once you admitted to pay leech or something else, that is also saying you committed to trust him/her. You cannot just blame a person who just scammed you because you also have to think to yourself why you've made that decision to pay for leech/etc.

2. Coldhumor

Coldhumor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DrFeelbutts
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hoes
    Got shop scammed by zico. 1 for 399999 zombie teeth. :/ This is the first server I've seen where scamming is seen almost as nothing. Kind of sad, but it was my fault for not checking all 10 sets of teeth I bought. So what if someone just posts I'm going to scam a random person tomorrow. What would happen?

3. Ayer

Ayer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Yes
    With scamming overall, I agree. It should be a bigger deal but it's also a lot of work to make a good call as sometimes pictures don't prove anything. What happened to you is clearly malicious but you weren't really 'scammed'. You had control of the situation the whole time. Sucks, but yeah. I once bought a summoning rock for 6m in GMS.

Coldhumor likes this.
  4. lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Could you screenshot the shop and post it here? It helps keep track of things in the long run.

5. Berchtold

Berchtold Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ubarmensch
    Level:
    IGN: Agvania
    Reason for blacklisting: Leech scamming

[​IMG]

6. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    @yellowblue
    added u on my drk to give u that 65m he owe u 8)

SCAMMER1.png

ginwolf, Mrkaren, Don and 28 others like this.
  7. yellowblue

yellowblue Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pawmegranate
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    @LuckyLook LOL thats pretty cool. Wish i thought of doing that to get the satisfaction of getting back at him. Thanks for the support. Means a lot :)

Plenty, Zynzer, Kazama and 8 others like this.
  8. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    As long as yellowblue can confirm the mesos get back to him, I believe I and most of the community can consider this a creative means of Lucky retrieving mesos for a friend. Although I cannot recommend this as a course of action, and cannot say whether or not the same would hold true if this were done in the future.

Cyndy, seanc and inversion like this.
  9. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Plenty, Jeen, Nessi and 1 other person like this.
  10. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I think I speak for a lot of the players, but we had your back. There was no way this would be forgotten "in a few weeks".

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Plenty, Jeen, PalmTree and 4 others like this.
  11. CodGhost

CodGhost Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tupac1994
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    i dont have an ss or anything but you might wanna watch out for the IGN Ginler i bought 1 hour's worth of leech from him and he logged off a few mins later he logged back on and when i kept tracking him he kept ccing and was ignoring my whispers and everytime i came in his map he would leave or log off just wanted to throw his name out there just to be carefull not to buy from him

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Well-Known Member

IGN:
    PalmTree
    Guild:
    Improv
    Mrkaren, Succubus and Nessi like this.
  13. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    I've watched what was going on, and have been considering whether or not the involvement of the community blacklist was necessary.
    As far as how he's handling all his points, I know he's being a dick about it, but I'm not sure whether this crosses the line between its his runs and him just lieing to you in order to steal/take advantage.

What I have been wondering though is whether or not he is actually distributing splits for books sold. It wasn't clear whether or not he was from the posts. If he wasn't then I would consider that as a straightforward reason to get onto the blacklist.

14. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    Adding in my two cents. A couple of weeks ago, a guild mate needed a helm and I saw hangjovi smega "Free Helm Loot." That guild mate went on the run and got a helm. To his, and everyone else's surprise, the bishop asked for payment. Everyone was confused because they thought it was free. I was pretty upset that someone would try to do this and was calling out that bishop, to whom I again apologize. Thanks to some friends, and the bishop, being helpful, I was able to get the full story.

Apparently, hangjovi told the bishop that it was a buyer run and told the bishop to take care of the payments at the end.
    Run ended, looters picked up helms, so the bishop tried to receive payment from the looters (because that was what he was told).
    Obviously, all of the looters were confused and mentioned that hangjovi had smega'd that they were free.
    The bishop was confused as to what had happened because they were told there were buyers.
    {from my recollection, people also vouched that the bishop only went on buyer runs, so there wouldn't be a reason for the bish to be on that run otherwise}.

After much confusion, hangjovi apparently told the bishop "Some people will do anything for a quick buck." and promptly logged off, making it look as if this was all the bishop's fault, when he was the one who initially told the bishop that they were going to be paid.

To me, this seems like kind of a scam because the bishop was never compensated for his/her services (like promised). I think with all of the evidence of him undercutting books (on purpose)/ not giving books at all, this is plenty of reason to add him to the blacklist.

Kazama, Mono, Cyndy and 4 others like this.
  15. Cinderius

Cinderius Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Xiel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Personally not interested in e-drama but I'll clear up the situation for everyone's sake, including Jovi's. TLDR at the bottom.

Though different from what my guildie told Jeen, I'm not a person who runs for splits, it just isn't worth waiting for. I just run for re-loots and usually, with a pretty static party. Sometimes, though, we sell for helms for 30-60m. 1 smega, no HB, then and there. Absolutely no waiting. The price is cheap, really, but I don't mind since I really don't care for the mesos; and especially since I'm the usual benefactor from reloots, if my party wants splits every once in a while, I'm all for it.

With regard to the run with Jovi, my party wasn't on that night and it was around the same time as when I usually ran. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since my CD would have been up by the next time my party would run (and that I don't play daily anyways). Saw Jovi's smega: R>Bishop for Zak and I decided to join. No, he didn't advertise that it was a free run, nor did he mention if it was a paid run, but it's pretty obvious what anyone would assume when "LOLz GIVING FREE HELMZ COME BISH IF U WANT, U GET TO HANG OUT W/ MEEEE OuO" isn't put as a disclaimer.

Halfway through the run, people DCed, and only three people were left: Me, Hang, 13x Paladin. The server was super laggy that day (this would be an example of something that doesn't need a disclaimer) and the run ended up 55 minutes total. With three buyers, I was under the assumption that it would be 210m total, or 70m split between us three. I asked Jovi whether or not he wanted me to do the splits (again, under the assumption that there are splits to begin with). He gave me the green light and told me to handle the split after the run.

Runs over. Four helms. Buyer party each got one, my party member got one (I think he was friends with Jovi). Everyone except me and Jovi who wasn't looking for a loot. I tell my party to chill and I whisper the 'buyers'. Everybody met me in the FM except for Jovi, who logged off (or DCed). This is where the shitstorm happened:

Between buyers telling me that the helm was free and trying to figure out how to explain to my party that they aren't getting a split, the last thing that was on my mind was my own split. Honestly, I would've preferred a helm. I was super annoyed and ended up sounding like a complete ass only because I was put in charge of collecting splits and I wasn't going to have the party uncompensated, at least that was the thought. It definitely didn't help that Jovi was offline and was the only person who knew whether or not the run was free. Anyways, the party member had communication with Jovi even though he was offline and told me that Jovi mentioned that there were two buyers and one person got it for free. That's cool and all, but it meant I still had to collect payment. After disclosing what I was told, I thought the problem would be solved and we could go Home. Except the only thing that changed this time is that everyone now claimed that they were that one free buyer. RIP. Jovi finally logged back on after 15 mins of 'FM n chill' and he told me that he didn't even remember anymore. This didn't solve anything. At the end, nobody paid for a helm and Jovi and his friend(party member who looted a helm) ended up paying me 30m+40m respectively for a total of 70m and everyone was okay with that. Although he did mention "some people would do anything for a quick buck" and made me seem like a cheapskate. idc e-drama. My guild vouched for me and attempted to explain the situation to Jeen which is where any differences in the story came from. The end.

I'm not involved with the HT drama and I don't care to be. I also thought this situation was resolved so I don't think it's fair to use it against him. What he did was definitely annoying and made me not want to run with him again, but he did pay me for that one case of unprofessionalism, as an apology I suppose.

tldr:
    -this example was a case of miscommunication.
    -can't tell whether or not Jovi is a good/bad guy from my experience. Just unprofessional
    -Home is actually really pleasant/hospitable.
    -Jeen is very understanding and is only trying to help with her side of the story.
    -be nice to each other kids.
    -FOlOw Me OnmY soUndClouD and CopMYMixat3p @ballizlif33 ft. FlameyO and WenderSheep we bout to take over #2016.
    -Have a happy, spooOuOoky halloween y'all.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Lyrium and Koalas like this.
  16. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    @Cinderius
    Sorry if I misunderstood then. I summed up basically the information given to me, with what you had let me know, and was uninformed that it was resolved. Thanks for the clarification though. Since it's been resolved, I'll go ahead and drop this now.

Mono, Koalas and Cinderius like this.
  17. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    So considering everything that's happened over the last couple days, it appears to me that this issue has been to some extent resolved. According to his thread, he's paid out splits. From what I can see, it seems most things have been resolved and there's no real reason to still add him to the blacklist.
    People not liking his personality isn't necessarily means for adding him onto the blacklist unless something like the case injeenious reported had actually happened where you can say it starts to extend into harassment.

If anyone still feels as though he should be added to the blacklist, feel free to post your reasons why.

18. Mouthbreather

Mouthbreather Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    ???
    I've been wanting to suggest this for a while now but could we move this thread somewhere more in the open? As a new player, why would I ever visit the report abuse section let alone minor reports? None of us should be eavesdropping (I speak for myself when I say that as well) on other people's personal problems either but we're a nosy bunch. I'm not sure where this thread would attract new players, maybe somewhere around the shoutbox or perhaps make a standalone blacklist section under "Administration. Development & Support." Linking this thread in the ToS might be a good idea too. Anything really that makes this easily found and encourages people to check it out because that's the whole point isn't it, to raise awareness?

Moo, Enticing, Okie and 4 others like this.
  19. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    I'm agree with that suggestion. The point is for people to check this, but it isn't helpful if they can't find it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Plenty and Mono like this.
  20. Kekturi

Kekturi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN: Sekiryuutei
    Reason for blacklisting: Being toxic to the community.
    Details (include picture if applicable): He wrote "xoxo" to me... I'm underage. I don't take these kinds of things lightly.
    [​IMG]

seanc, Eli, Sekiryuutei and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.