*NEWER* Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by lilaznpnk, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Donator

I know it shows previous interactions within a certain time frame but my point is, while by and large the last interaction time combined with a BF not at 100% HP can be assumed to mean that the player last interacting was killing the BF, does it really mean that it's "their" BF? Especially when the rule on the server is mapowner is the final say as to who owns the map?

It's not my place as a staff member to get involved in a community list like this, but I really think there exists an injustice against RustySpider if the sole reason they were given a warning was because of something that they actually did correctly and followed the rules of this server.

Katsuruka likes this.
  2. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Then why is Kaim still blacklisted? Ignoring continuity in what justifies a blacklisting jeopardizes the validity of the entire list.

xxTuzixx likes this.
  3. FerrariF430

FerrariF430 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronWill
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The main reason i think he shoud be put on the blacklist is not that he took map owner of a damaged BF..
    First, ill tell you guys how it went for me. after killing the 1st BF i had PG on and came back to that map by changing channel.
    automaticly i got hit and reflected damage (i was buffed cause i rushed after we killed the 1st BF)
    that caused an iteraction by me, and then i didnt land a single attack on the BF until he left the map but was still reported and banned..
    so lets say you change a channel in a map and land on a mob with PG and reflect and then the mapowner does ~mapowner and bam you are a KSer..
    Second, i dont see a legitimate reason to report someone who just came back to kill the boss that he started..
    the whole thing happened really fast as if RustySpider was just waiting for an opportunity to report us..
    the SS can show his behavior stating "too bad" as for my BF loss.. legally he didnt violate any rules but infact he got me a ban which i dont think i deserve (read above)
    Would you guys be happy playing knowing that if you land a small hit by mistake or reflect with PG that it can cause you to get banned easily?
    IMO the mapowner function should be revamped @John lets say map ownership can only be switched to another player if 5 minutes has passed since the last interaction of the previous player, and an interaction by new player is counted only if X number of hits applied. i think that would be fair..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  4. workteam

workteam Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    [​IMG]

Gurps likes this.
  5. FerrariF430

FerrariF430 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronWill
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    *land on a mob with PG reflecting damage

6. workteam

workteam Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    Still no.

For you to be classified and reported as a killstealer, the map owner would have to use mapowner, ask you to leave (preferably in a polite way), and show that you still attacked after that.

7. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Just to clarify, Power Guard doesn't actually count as hitting anything in the map.

[​IMG]

It's possible that you got into the map and started to charge Combo Attack without knowing that the mapownership no longer belonged to you though. The only attack I saw in the reporter's screenshot was an invisible shot and you're not a corsair. If you got banned and this is the case then it's really unfortunate :/

xxTuzixx likes this.
  8. FerrariF430

FerrariF430 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronWill
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    and where did RustySpider do that??
    yeah i might have cleared some ghosts because im 100% sure i didnt land a single hit on that BF but was still guilty..
    either way the community should learn from this case in my opinion

9. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    But they have from the eyes of a huge amount of the community. That's the point. It's extremely scummy to "steal someone's bf".

10. Muren

Muren Donator

IGN:
    Mooren
    Level:
    OuO
    Guild:
    426Unity
    You stated in this post that you indeed attacked the BF;"i didnt see that there was someone in this map so i just continued to attack and then it appeared that someone else was attacking it and at that moment the map belonged to him." So that innocent PG story is a lie.

Everyone has their own view and opinion of until when or for how long someone "owns" a roamming boss, it is impossible to agree in this topic so there is no point in arguing about this. That is what mapowner is for, to avoid all of this and set an arbitrary time limit so everyone knows who owns what. Is the system perfect? No. Is it a better solution than to start an argument everytime someone finds a half dead boss? Absolutely fucking yes.

If <11m exp is worth all this trouble and a ban just because you think your opinion is right and he is wrong (spoiler: is not, they are just different) then go ahead and attack the BF all you want but then don't cry when you get reported.

Same goes for the guy who killed the BF. If you find a half dead boss there is a chance someone is gonna come back for it even if it is yours now, if you don't want this drama then either try to contact the previous owner or leave the half dead BF and the shitty exp you would get and move on.

11. FerrariF430

FerrariF430 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronWill
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    i killed the ghosts but i did not attack the BF intentionaly.. i thought that because i reflected PG to the BF it stated that i attacked it as shown in the picture, but then @Narutard proved me wrong so it was the ghosts that made interaction
    he reported me for attacking the BF and not killing the ghosts..
    anyway the community got the point so i think its pointless to continue this case.

12. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    This list has nothing to do with the server rules though.

Sekiryuutei likes this.
  13. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    That's your opinion on what this list should include, not everyone's. I personally think that this list should include people who have been dicks and for people you should look out for. Just like leech scammers, you should look out for people who steal other's bigfoots. This list can help people be aware of the people who do that, so that if they see them in their map or near their map while killing a bf, they know to be cautious. There's also the fact that someone else was added to the blacklist for the exact same thing so the precedent is already set.

FerrariF430 likes this.
  14. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    I was just simply putting it out there. I wasn't ignoring the fact that you knew that. I think all the main points have been said already, so I'm going to stop posting because it looks like spam now.

Plenty likes this.
  15. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    The last 15 or so posts in this thread seem like meaningless argument, and you both have realized that you're repeating yourselves/look like you're spamming, so if @lilaznpnk could come forward as the person who's responsible for this thread and either ask for more opinions from different people or give his verdict on whether taking boss maps will be added to the list or not, that would be great, as I think we'd all like to see this rather long-winded conversation put to bed.

Taking a boss map is completely different from taking a grind map. Bosses are on cooldowns, and in the case of Bigfoot specifically, a very long cooldown. Entering a boss map and finding it half fought and deciding to kill it anyway means that you know someone else was here, and if you decide to kill it anyway you do so knowing that you're throwing away exp for the amount that the Bigfoot was damaged. And then that map goes on cooldown for at least 16 hours. That's not taking a Skele map away while someone brb'd, that's taking it for 20 minutes then spawning a Pink Bean on it so that anyone who attempts to come in afterwards crashes instantly. I don't mean to offend anyone in this thread, but as someone who has done more Bigfoots and Anegos here than a lot of the people who've posted in this thread so far, and as someone who's also grinded at Skeles and other highly contested maps, there's a big difference between losing one compared to losing the other. I would personally 100% support adding people who kill damaged Bigfoots to the blacklist because I honestly think it's a really, really scummy thing to do, and I thought that that was what this blacklist was for; making it known who is a scumbag.

FerrariF430 likes this.
  16. lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    So some clarifications from my point of view that are going t repeat some of the things said in the past couple pages:
    • The fact that Kaim had been previously added to the blacklist for the same reason was part of my consideration when giving a warning as it had set a precedence. If that report had not been up here before, I honestly may have just waited until another similar report came up until I addressed this issue.
    • I also consider taking a boss and taking a map very different things. Bosses require you to invest time for a large reward at the end, and the fact that stealing bosses does often result in completely wasted EXP (most notably to those who kill a boss at <10% while the map owner isn't in the map to receive their EXP) makes this even worse.
    • While the direction which the Community Blacklist takes is influenced by the server-rules, it is ultimately a list of names of people who have done something that negatively influences the community. I've said this in the past, the Community Blacklist is what you make it out to be. You are free to ignore any sections you want to, but I'd rather the information be available than not.
    All this being said, I am still going to consider stealing bosses a reason for being on the community blacklist. Keep in mind that a lot of cases in which bosses are stolen also include those that are being killed at 1%. Since the owner is not in the map at the time getting buffs, the other player is free to kill the boss while not breaking the Server rules at all. In addition, low health bosses provide little time to go through the steps required in KS reports and can very easily result in a stolen boss (where the KSer did not have map ownership) with no consequences. Considering this is a scummy thing to do anyways, I still do feel as though this is something worthy of being added to the blacklist for.

Michael likes this.
  17. RustySpider

RustySpider Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RustySpider
    Level:
    Yeah, why shouldn't people be allowed to take 5+ minute breaks from fighting a boss? Who cares if other people need to hunt them for exp? Who cares if people like FuqMe and IronWill tell mapowners to f**k off instead of asking them to leave in a civilized manner? If someone takes down 50% of the HP, of course nobody else should kill it! People should be able to monopolize all the BF maps that way, and anyone who kills them would run the risk of being labeled a scumbag and put on a meaningless blacklist :rolleyes:.

Allow me to reiterate: I have absolutely no regrets about what I did, and I will do it again in a heartbeat should the opportunity present itself. Don't want it to happen? Then finish the job; don't leave the damn map for 5 minutes. If you want to add me to this meaningless, irrelevant list that doesn't affect me in any way, be my guest.

Would you like a serving of common sense? Do you want to know what a real negative influence to the community is? Someone who gets people banned for childish laughs: http://royals.ms/forum/threads/he-call-me-and-friend-f-word-before-leaving.42853/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    TooManyAccounts and workteam like this.
  18. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    I'm warning your post not because it disagrees with me, but because it's unnecessarily offensive. There is no reason to be rude; we've heard your point already. If you do not care about this list, why do you feel the need to defend yourself, flame other members and reiterate your point? Please refrain from posting in this thread unless you have something contributory towards the topic.

If you'd like to make a report against any other player, please do so in the proper format.

19. Gigascong

Gigascong Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bluntsworth
    Level:
    Man, ive never made waves on maple before!! I feel dangerous ;]

20. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    That's the reason for this list. To take care of things where the server rules are inapplicable.

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.