Christmas Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Jeen, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Thoughts

Thoughts Donator

Country Flag:
    Hi, I think one of the problem is that we’re not really promoting the donation of snow to the blower. I think that we should implement a reward system for the snow. Say, if you donate 100 snow, you get 1 star of maples spirit. I believe that this would get people to actually participate in donating the snow instead of afk-ing on the map waiting for someone else to donate it. It would also be fair to the donators because some can donate more than others.

Also, I think it would help promote/speed up the donation if it displays the number of snow donated/10k either as like the Christmas socks messenger or in the chatbox, like gachapon notices: ignhere has donated ___ snow, Current: 4938/10000. I feel that if you can see the rate of participants, it would increase the amount of people willing give up their snows. I know that it can get spammy because someone would donate 1 snow just for that notification, so we could make it a minimum of 100 snow.

looty108 likes this.
  2. Humbdo

Humbdo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Humbdo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Clover
    I guess I wasn't making my ideas clear enough

The point I'm trying to drive home is that people are being too lazy and relying on other people to gather snow for them to summon all the snowmen which is causing which is slowing the flow of the event significantly.
    I suggested the 100 snow as a requirement and cap to ensure this would mostly be eliminated

I suggested the timer to allow players ample time to loot their present and then effectively clear the map. It is completely fine if they join up again right after because the will be needing to contribute another 100 snow to join again

You may not like the idea of kicking players off the event map, but doing so would 100% fix the afk issue. (using the rules of my idea) Camping would be a thing of the past as well. There would be no reason to camp because as soon as the room filled to 100 people, a snowman would be summoned.

I'm not sure why you think these things as far-fetched. Everyone is complaining about people afking and taking up slots from the 100 available in each channel (which is mainly the problem because these people also aren't contributing snow). 100 snow is also a pretty small amount to gather. It is also the least amount you would have to contribute to be pulling your own weight. Why shouldn't we require player to at least be pulling their own weight in order to participate? Why should we allow players to be rewarded for doing absolutely nothing?

I have no quarrels with the 100 person cap but it is causing problems with the event which is why I suggest the ideas that I do

I feel the present itself should be reward enough for contributing snow. I don't think further rewards are necessary

3. Lurking

Lurking Member

Country Flag:
    I don't really understand a certain line of thinking that is shared between you and many other people I've seen post.

The people who contribute to the 10k snow are obviously the most deserving of a present right? On this I'm sure we can all agree. However when the event started, those that contributed had to get lucky to get a present. As it stands right now, of the 100 people that are inside the room I'm sure that almost everyone that contributed snow to the 10k is among them. Yes there are people afking in there waiting for it to finally fill up, but are those people any less deserving than the 600 other people who show up when it is at 80%?

I personally have had no trouble at all getting into channel 1 before the 80% notification. So most of the people complaining about how unfair it is are those that show up after the notification, which I don't think should be rewarded at all. At least the afkers put their time into getting a present without contributing.

Of course this event can be improved but I don't feel bad at all for those who can't get in when the map is at capacity.

Humbdo likes this.
  4. krazycent

krazycent Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Cent
    Level:
    12x
    Guild:
    Exquisite
    I agree with this for the most part but my only and biggest problem is that I contribute a couple hundred, then wait it out for the rest, and most of the time I end up D/Cing before the big finish and dont get a gift. Im not saying that the cap is bad because seeing as my lag is now, it is unimaginable how bad it couldve been before, but I do feel bad for myself when I cant get back into the room that I contributed to. I feel as though people who contributed should be able to bypass the 100 person cap DURING the boss fight for that reason.

5. Law

Law Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LazyPerson
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lazybones
    well you have a valid point. but still plenty of people who contribute snow still dc-ed when the snowman spawn/died. this happened quite frequent to many of us. earlier one of my friend put in 2k snow and he dc-ed right away and he cant join. this happened to me too yesterday after i contribute snows. its not about unfair or not to me. its more about unable to participate.

Succubus likes this.
  6. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    It sucks just as much to be one of the people spending the whole 5 minutes or what have you attacking, only to miss out on a present just because you couldnt loot fast enough. I've had it happen a few times, and a friend had it happen earlier when she donated a bunch of snow and never got a present even though we set up a secret run on a random channel. People showed up at the 80% mark and then those people left right when they looted, letting more random people come in.. and thus the original 100 who spawned it didnt all get a present. I feel like there's two ways to contribute - either attacking, or donating snow.

Aly, Succubus, Jeen and 2 others like this.
  7. yuguo

yuguo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I feel that only those who attacked or donated snows should be entitled a present as there are too much afkers inside and this caused many players to be unable to contribute snows/help attack tho boss. Just some thoughts about it

8. yuguo

yuguo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Or maybe those who did not move (AFK) in event map for more than 10 mins will be kicked out of the map so more players will be able to enter and afkers will not take up spaces for players who are going to help.

Succubus likes this.
  9. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    What if im one of the people who puts in snow prior to the 80%? Am i now supposed to sit around in the room and wait till it hits 100 cause if i leave i wont be getting back in? If i put in 100 snow and its the first 100 snow, am i now not allowed to go farm more? As it is right now, the room is basically 95 afk players who more than likely have multiple characters just camping the room, and a couple of people who get in to put snow in. I havent seen any other channel summon in the time ive been on since they made the change.

Plenty and Succubus like this.
  10. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    You forget the fact that the server has been running for more than 2 years , and a lot of people PLAY more than 1 char at the moment . I have 5 chars I want the event items on myself , so yeah , it's not like "camping mules" , therefore I don't think that kicking people is fair , even tho some of the people don't donate snow at all (which I think is wrong) .

ginwolf, Mrkaren and Plenty like this.
  11. Flaw

Flaw Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Flaw
    In addition to capping it at 100 persons, the change has made the spawn much rarer. When the event came out, i managed to participate about 6 times within 4 hours. This is because the only channel it was available on was channel 1. But still; For a person who does not have 4 hours to just sit and wait, contributing sucks. You can put in 1k snow, and it'd still take hours before the cannon goes of now, and even if you manage to wait out the whole period, people who randomly burst into the room when campers leave can grab a present before you.

The change made it worse; The events are rarer, while the odds of looting a present is only slightly any better.

12. PinkyBreaker

PinkyBreaker Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sleepeh
    Guild:
    Hiraeth
    I don't mean to ruin anyone's fun but, if you check the last post in the Ironman thread, it appears you can loot more than one present as a mage. By using teleport to go back and turn one in, and then coming back and grabbing another.

13. Ponzi

Ponzi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ponzi
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Pohtaytoe
    That's very unlikely to happen now since there's 10+ pple waiting outside to come in to grab a box AND pple inside trying to get a box themselves

14. Law

Law Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LazyPerson
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lazybones
    this is why i prefer the event before the changes. just because everyone will contribute regardless of the limited present since everyone knew that they had a fair chance of gaining it.

15. Ponzi

Ponzi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ponzi
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Pohtaytoe
    Since most of us, if not all of us, are aware of many people afking in the event map with their mules and themselves I have came up with one possible solution. The problem with this event is that campers do not have to contribute a single snow to obtain a box which seems rather unfair. Since the map can only hold at most 100 people and there's no issue with the map filling up, there should be an entrance fee of 100 snow to enter and have their snow automatically be put into the bucket. Once the map is filled to 100 people the bucket will also be filled to 10,000 snow (100 people x 100 snow per person = 10,0000 snow), thus evenly distributing the work amongst everyone.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    rebecca-jane likes this.
  16. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    With all due respect Ness, I love ya man. But some of us arent even able to get a present on 1 character, let alone more than that. While I know of a few who are able to get a present on many characters. I dont know of a correct solution, but the way it is right now, isnt working IMHO.

Edit: My Idea that I mentioned in shoutbox earlier isnt a bad idea.

If you are a camper, and you have multiple characters in during a Summon, then you get a present. You are then not allowed to rejoin on those characters for a certain amount of summons as to let others get in. If you have 5 characters total and you only got in on 3 characters, you can still get in on the other 2. Thats basically my only fair option i can think of quickly.

Plenty likes this.
  17. bgnehc

bgnehc Active Member

Country Flag:
    I was wondering if you could disable movement increasing skills in Happyville. It gives an unfair advantage to players, especially night lords, when everyone is rushing to go to the event map. Thanks!

18. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    The 100 occupancy limit was removed in the last server check. There's no advantage as long as you get there before the snowman is killed.

Aly and Sila like this.
  19. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like there should be a limit of how many presents you can turn in per day (ip/account based) similar to the Mom & Dad quest. The reason for this is it doesn't restrict players from entering maps, donating snow, or assisting others with killing the snowman, but it ensures that the players who "camp" the maps on multiple accounts the entire day aren't able to take advantage of the fact that they can multi-client and obtain maybe 3x to 4x more presents per explosion. It may also reduce the lag and encourage players to actively farm snow because those who have already received their presents won't feel the need to camp out for more. People have a hard enough time getting one present with all the lag/dcs (which I don't experience myself) and I believe that the rest of the server deserves to enjoy the work that the staff has put in just as much as I do.

PS: The removal of the 100 person limit, star drop rate increase, and the addition of the countdown timer to warp afk players out is greatly appreciated. I feel much more generous with my snow and will probably start dumping it in the snow blower once the next server check fixes the snowman drops.

Aly and Someone like this.
  20. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I've had to temporarily disable Roodolph to stop people entering the extra frosty zone and wasting their snow while Matt fixes the current issue (only the person who does the most damage gets a present). Sorry 'bout that!

Succubus likes this.