Christmas Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Jeen, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I've had to temporarily disable Roodolph to stop people entering the extra frosty zone and wasting their snow while Matt fixes the current issue (only the person who does the most damage gets a present). Sorry 'bout that!

2. mepiggy

mepiggy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    mepiggy
    Level:
    The new changes for the snowman event needs to be fixed in my opinion.
    a lot of people are either lagging or Dcing in the middle of the event or both like me.
    There needs to be a limit on entrance number per channel like 150 or something to reduce the lag and DC.
    So far i DCed 3 times on the 3 snowman event that occured in the last 20 minutes.....

3. mepiggy

mepiggy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    mepiggy
    Level:
    The time limit was a God's send though <3

4. Reen94

Reen94 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Valent
    This! I participated 3 times, and I also dc-ed 3 times because of the constant freeze and lag I'm receiving on my side. I think disable skill animations would be nice, by not seeing others attack but yourself attacking only; while snowman's HP will continue to reduce.

5. Rekindled

Rekindled Donator

We need something. Can't do the event without d/cing or perma freezing until fight is over. Tried multiple solutions, of which include windowed and fullscreen. Nothing.

mepiggy likes this.
  6. Julie

Julie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Slapstick
    Level:
    Guild:
    Drama
    Due to the high number of people attacking at the same time as well as occupying the event map at one time, it is causing lags and dc's, which prevents people from getting close to the snowman let alone attacking it at least 10 times. In my opinion, you could have it like the anniversary cake event where all the cake pieces went towards summoning a single cake boss, but instead of summoning just one snowman, have multiple (3 or 4) spawn at the same time, which will split the number of people within each channel as well as reduce the number of people attacking, and adding back the 100ppl cap in each map.

lnga and Gurps like this.
  7. Gurps

Gurps Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Corsairs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Acme
    yeah, i'm tired of this lag and dc too. I've disconnected at least 5-6 times now, haven't gotten a single present today. I hope this gets fixed ASAP.

8. Dudu

Dudu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ha
    Level:
    ha
    Guild:
    ha
    With the large amount of people moving and attacking, I'm lucky even to be able to stay in the map for 20 secs. It is impossible for me to stay in the map let alone attack the snowman where most of the action are when I'm on my MAC. Whenever I walk near to the snowman or the snowman walks towards me bringing the hoard of people, my screen goes like 1 frame per 5 seconds. Please do something about this if possible.

9. Patiencegnr

Patiencegnr Well-Known Member

IGN:
    suryD
    Level:
    Guild:
    Foxy
    Maybe Snowman should spawn in multiple channels?
    So we don't get 700+ ppl in just one ch? Maybe...?

10. Rekindled

Rekindled Donator

That would already devalue the already decreasing rarity of Christmas items by too much imho. We just need a limit like last time, which probably can be raised to around ~150m.

On anothernote, any tips to not d/cing or perma freezing?

11. dingus

dingus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BenBreeg
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Hello fellow Royalers, Admins, and Passerbys:

So after experiencing the wonderful snowman event, I've come to notice that there is a large amount of spam in the snowman map.

[​IMG]

Spam jokes aside, while not really against the rules (AFAIK), the spam is quite annoying to us players who just wish to decimate the lives of innocent snowmen in hopes of gaining valuable treasures. 0:)

What I propose is a mute on all snowman maps to combat this problem. I believe FM is the appropriate place to chattily advertise trades, not an event map.

Thanks for your considerations, and happy holidays!!

[​IMG]

San, Plenty, Dimitri and 1 other person like this.
  12. stareatmyname

stareatmyname Well-Known Member

isn't everyone joining ch1 doing the same thing? The only decrease in rarity to presents that the idea will bring is that more people will stop crashing and stay long enough to get the presents. An easy fix is to just increase the snowballs needed to spawn the snowman.

13. lnga

lnga Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nervy
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Numpty
    I think it's very good idea ! people wont complain about limit and hopeful there will be no more dc and lags :)

dingus likes this.
  14. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    Muted the map for now.

Penny, Eika and dingus like this.
  15. Gurps

Gurps Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Corsairs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Acme
    Having snowman spawn in all 10 channels would be a great idea along with the 100 person limit. That would mean 1000 players throughout 10 channels. And there usually aren't even 1000 players on at a time!

16. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    You suggest a player limit for the map
    We did that two days ago, that didn't get us very far. All it did was bring forth more complaints.
    We remove the cap, and we get people telling us to bring it back.

Do you see the pattern here?
    Give it a bit of time for prime time to settle, we had an entire day without any use for snow so people have stockpiled. After that, we'll see how it goes and see what's needed.

Dimitri and PalmTree like this.
  17. visk

visk Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    You would have to join ALL snow blowers into one then, meaning the cap would raise from 1000 to 10000, because 1000snow summoning 10snowmen= 10x the presents, because lets be honest, channel 1 will die before EVERY other channel, so most players are going to get to kill at least 1-3 snowmen each. That would be a decently effective way to stop some lag just by making the snowblower cap global, i guess?

18. Lurking

Lurking Member

Country Flag:
    You realize that if anything it will only get worse when snowmen are less frequent right? The amount of snowman that were just spawned back to back have nothing to do with the DC's. I know that it's not likely that changes will be made right now but changes should certainly be discussed because with the way this event is set up nothing is going to fix itself over time.

There are major flaws either way with putting the cap on and taking it off. I personally think the cap was better than this but it's arguable. The best solution would be one where people pay snow up front to get into the map or that all channels are somehow linked, both of which I do not know the difficulty/possibility of implementing.

19. sagi9021

sagi9021 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    aFireMage
    Level:
    6x
    Guild:
    none
    That's right. Snowman is just unplayable. Everyone gets DCed everytime. I think that if there will be just 1 blower, and when it's full Snowman will be spawned in several channels, Like 1-3 or 1-4, the problem will be solved. A capacity of 150 in 4 channels and everyone will get a present :).

20. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Example of myself trying my best to contribute to the battle:

I hope something is changed, otherwise those of us with similar problems won't be able to participate. I realize that this is due to my laptop not being top notch so it's my fault, but any effort to potentially help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

xxTuzixx, Plenty, seanc and 3 others like this.