Christmas Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Jeen, Dec 10, 2015.

1. jZichard

jZichard Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    jZichard
    Level:
    This exactly. It's not fair people are benefiting off the event while those of us who can't make it to third body have to sit out.
    Great ideas out there like minimum snow donation, chan syncing, player limit, change the require hit to first body hits too.

Any updates GMs?

2. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)

Sila likes this.
  3. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I'm very much in favour of syncing some of the channels, if it's at all possible and reinstating the 100 people per map limit so that players can be split between 2-3 channels. Yes, it's possible that some people with good comps and the ability to open many clients will be able to take advantage of this, but the people who are in this situation already have an advantage in that they've got a better chance of not dcing and that they can have more than 1 client open without their comp blackscreening. It's never going to be a totally level playing field, as it were, so I'd rather have a situation where almost everyone can take part in the event, even if some people take advantage, than a situation where quite a number of people miss out nearly all the time.

A thought - if we can sync channels, but can't do it on only some of them, maybe it might be an idea to only have, say, 3 or 4 channels open, and sync them all?

Nedzad, jayBushido, Gurps and 2 others like this.
  4. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in favor of syncing the channels as long as there is enough space for everyone to join. I was also thinking players could add snow onto the synchronized snowblowers and once it hits 100%, start a 2min countdown before it explodes and seals off the entrance until the fight is over on all participating channels. However, you would have to warp players out of the map once the fight is over.

Aly likes this.
  5. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    ^ Yeah my initial idea was to sync the channels in terms of snowmen && adding snow.

Mono and Plenty like this.
  6. mystictxe

mystictxe Donator

Country Flag:
    I think the best solution is to make it so that you get a present for doing damage during the first stage. Many of us. myself included, still crashed even with the 100 player limit. Since the snowman will still need to be killed before a new one can spawn I don't see how getting the present during the first stage will change anything for the worse.

I don't think its right that we are worried about people using mules to get double when many of us get nothing. Making the present spawn in first stage at least lets us participate.

7. Zynzer

Zynzer Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zynzer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I dont think that hitting the first stage/second stage for a present would work since snowman is actually three bosses, not just one. That would mean that if you were able to get a present just for hitting the first stage, then you would get it as soon as the first stage died, thus giving you the option to leave or to kill the second/third stage for nothing.

Take zakum for example. The first & second body doesnt give any xp but the third body does. And the xp reward you get is based on your damage dealt during third body & third body only. With that in mind we understand that what happens during first or second stage has no way to transfer its impact on any other stage.

tl;dr : I dont think its possible to make that you get a present for doing damage to first and or second stage as a few people suggested.

PalmTree and Plenty like this.
  8. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Freefall
    I've been doing the mom and dad quest but have only been getting stretchy material, currently at 6. Is this normal? I'm not sure what the item reward %s are like but at this rate i'm not sure it's possible for me to get the 4 items i need to get the face acc...

9. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    It is quite normal. The orb will be given automatically if you don't get one within 10 or 15 tries (can't remember which).

Mono, Plenty and John like this.
  10. Gurps

Gurps Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Corsairs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Acme
    I just want to say THANK YOU ROYALS STAFF. You made the snowman event playable for me again and I'm having a blast! I was constantly dcing before the 100 snow entry fee but now it's super smooth! I just hope the staff are getting the appreciation that they truly deserve. They spent so many days and server checks trying to bring us the perfect Christmas and I think it's perfect now! Keep up the amazing work staff ! <33

Plenty, BabyRaine, jayBushido and 5 others like this.
  11. Nine

Nine Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Xanark
    Guild:
    Shark
    Can you guys make it possible for people who have contributed to be able to get back in if they DC? I dont lag but every few snowman attempts ill DC. Sometimes as soon as I enter the map and happens like 30% of the time as soon as the second body it killed. It takes a long time to farm 100 snow so please allow us to go back in

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Nine likes this.
  13. Humbdo

Humbdo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Humbdo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Clover
    It's a bit surreal to see some of my ideas come to life with this SC. The event is awesome now, thanks Royals Staff!

14. Nine

Nine Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Xanark
    Guild:
    Shark
    Hmm it is true that my computer was on for a while. I'll turn it off for 5 mins when it happens again. But I still think it would be good to be able to go back in after contributing in case of DC. In any case thanks for the info

15. Gurps

Gurps Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Corsairs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Acme
    I had this problem a bit too. I would start DCing on every run after my first snowman run. The fix I found was to lower your graphics to the lowest settings and RESTART the ENTIRE client of the game after each snowman run. It only takes a few seconds and saves you the frustration of DCing. :)

Plenty and Nine like this.
  16. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

There's one thing that could use a fix if possible - the snowman double-spawning (unsure of cause) resulting in a bugged map that nobody can enter because it has a baby snowman bouncing around it with no-one to kill it.

17. zyb1777

zyb1777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JoJoDIO
    Level:
    What? Now the new rule is sucks anyway. I can't get in while snowman fight just started. At least it not allow people get in when stage 3. Magician and NL take advantage because they can go in faster than other job. It is not fair for us just late about few second.

18. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Then go to the map earlier.

BabyRaine, Sila, Jeen and 6 others like this.
  19. Nine

Nine Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Xanark
    Guild:
    Shark
    Thanks for the suggestion, Restarting the client between every snowman run works. I havent had to lower my graphics though. In any case TY!

Gurps likes this.
  20. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    Yo, another suggestion, but when we pay the 100 snow entrance fee, can we get something like 100 Stars of Maplemas Spirit as a sort of consolation prize, just in case we don't get the present (which is 100% of the time for me)?