Christmas Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Jeen, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ch0rus

Ch0rus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Littl3Ch0rus
    you need to attack to get the present. did you attack?

2. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    The lag was so bad that I don't even know the answer to that question... I just spammed the attack key left and right, hoping it would connect with something, while sitting in front of a screen that had been frozen for nearly a minute and was making some horrible ungodly noises

3. zyb1777

zyb1777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JoJoDIO
    Level:
    Ya, Thx matt. Nowdays people just sitting in front of area and wait until it reach 50%capacity.
    And i can sell my snow for 3m per set.

BTW i did not experience any frozen lag before, i dc once before because of client error.

4. JY_

JY_ Member

Country Flag:
    Hi GMs, thank you for working hard to implement suggestions to make the snowman better.

Personally, I have managed to get a few (~3) presents which happened somewhere around the 2nd week of December - with the 100 people limit and no need to attack or contribute snow + present just dropping on the ground. I managed it on my mac with Wine, by going to the far left side and doing gfx like crazy, praying that the client would not crash or freeze.

I've just came back from a vacation about a week ago and read up on the changes to snowman - 100 snow entry, must attack 3rd body 10 times, present credited into my inventory. I was looking forward to participating in the snowman event again.

However so far for a week I have not been able to get a present at all. On Wine using mac, the best I could do is to attack during 1st and 2nd body. Once 3rd body spawns and I try to attack it, my screen freezes up, or frame rate drops to 1 frame every 30s. By the time my screen "recovers" (if at all), I find myself present-less and booted out of the map.

I have now installed parallels on my mac and have tried out the snowman - to my frustration there is not much difference between that and using Wine. I have dc-ed straight after contributing 100 snow, I have screen frozen and dc after the tiny snowman spawns, and also screen froze / low frame rate at 3rd body and hence unable to get any presents at all after returning from vacation.

Some of the suggestions I liked while reading through the posts were:
    1. Smaller snowman to be killed by lesser people --> hopefully reducing lag / freeze / low frame rate
    2. Disabling attack animations --> same as above
    3. Muting map --> same as above
    4. Mini-reward just for turning in 100 snow (eg 20 stars) --> so that even if someone dc or did not get present, their 100 snow contribution would still be acknowledged

Other suggestions I have :
    • Automatic present if snow contribution history reaches a certain level (eg 2000 snow contributed will auto-credit a present) --> for people unable to hit 3rd body at all, they still have hope of getting a present

I just hope that people with older computers / using difference operating systems can also get to enjoy the full experience of snowman event.

Thanks for listening!

Plenty likes this.
  5. coyweng

coyweng Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Coyz
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Ciao RIP
    What I feel about the event :

[​IMG]

Thanks for the movie,,, event!

Kristian, Baconfry, Realizze and 2 others like this.
  6. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Not sure about everyone else, but I have yet to experience an entire snowman all the way through. With 500 people spamming whatever they are spamming with a giant snowman jumping around, my game basically freezes and crashes at the 3rd snowman, every single time. It isn't a 2016 gaming laptop, but it is like a 2013-2014 gaming laptop capable of running Fallout 4, so I feel like the issue likely isn't on my end, but I don't know.

I don't really have a fix for this, other than an option to turn off all effects in the menu options so there is less going on, but that probably isn't possible.

7. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Huh?
    There is a 100 player limit.

Zynzer likes this.
  8. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    I was just stating a random number, but apparently 100 players all attacking a giant snowman freezes my game..lol

9. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    I know people with low spec computers and they lag like crazy and they survive and get presents.
    Try Vmware, don't use mac.

10. Zynzer

Zynzer Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zynzer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    @Nostaigia I seem to be able to deal with snowman just fine, wether they had the 100 player limit or not. Ive duo cliented over 45 runs and ive never recieved any lags with the new player limit. On my mac however, im only able to single client while fighting snowman but im still able to survive throughout the run & get myself a present.

Most likely an issue over your end.

Jeen and Andreas like this.