Genesis Skill Guide (With colourful pictures!)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Noyo, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Noyo

Noyo Donator

Country Flag:
    Part 1:-

1) To begin, go talk to your 3rd job instructor and start the quest," Shammos's Past."

2) Go to Ludi's right side tower and go down the elevator to the Library.

3) Speak to the Librarian and start the quest 'A Magician's story.'
    002.png

4) Take that book to your 1st job instructor. And he will go on about someone called Shammos and wonder how he's doing.
    004.png

5) Go to the building with all the 3rd job instructors and go below, to the "basement". Talk to Shammos. And he will go on about how he was so great, then Grendel and Roberia locked him up etc.
    005.png

6) Next, is the most boring part.. You need to go back to Grendel, your 1st job instructor, and he will again ask you to go back to Shammos to apologise to him.

7) Shammos will ask you to check on Roberia, your 3rd job instructor. And Roberia will say that Shammos was too evil which is why he needs to stay locked away. She will then say he's been quiet so go and to check on him.

8) When you go to check on Shammos, he will "realise" you're a magician and "plan" to use you to carry out this "great power" (Genesis) and ask you to bring the Root Of Life. After accepting his quest, that is when you'll need to do HornTail Part Quest~

Part 2:-

1) Next, talk to Tomato who is on a swing in the middle of Leafre, the guy who sells you those Magical seeds to Leafre. Start the quest 'Moria's Whereabouts'.

2) Go to the map - Cave of Life, and talk to Moria and start the quest - War of the Dragons.
    008.png

- MANON CRY CAN ONLY BE SEEN AND OBTAINED FROM MANON, NOW THAT YOU HAVE THIS QUEST. You may need help killing it though.

- Tough Dragon Skin will be dropped by all types of Wyverns.

- For the Cornuan's Marrow, Busted Dagger and Skull Shoulder Pad, take the black taxi and go to Dragon Forest 1. Go to the secret map as shown on the screen shot.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 23.37.12.png

- For the dagger, you need to talk to Mos, who is located above the Pet Merchant in Leafre and gather the things he requires.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 23.35.11.png

3) After you have all these, go back to Moria and she will give you 5 Dragon Elixirs. This will be in your USE section.

Part 3:-

For this part, you will need TWO OTHER PEOPLE in party, who has done the quest 'War of Dragons' and has had at least 1 Dragon Elixir. There were quite a number of people/friends who told me it'll work as long as Bishop + One more. I actually tried this and nope, the Encrypted Slate NPC will not let you through.

1) Go to the map where Moria is held captive in the cage. Transform into green dragons and talk to the dragon guard, who will let you in.

2) Inside, the party leader (does not have to be you) needs to talk to the Encrypted Slate of the Squad at the top right. And you will be
    transferred to this huge map.

3) Kill the mobs in there and ONLY THE LEADER needs to pick up a key. At least ONE PERSON NEEDS TO BE OUTSIDE OR THE PQ WILL FAIL. After which, go into the left platform's portal. I did not find it necessary for more than 2 person to
    enter. Also, it would be wise for someone who can kill faster to be the leader in this case.

Leader part: Inside, the leader needs to kill mobs and pick up the keys they drop and drop it onto the top left hole of the tree (as shown below).
    012.png

Outside: Outside, there will be a similar hollow tree, where the key that gets dropped from the inside, will fall outside. Pick that up and speak to the NPC just below it.

Repeat these stages for about 5 times. Hunting for keys, dropping onto the hollow tree, picking it up outside and talking to the NPC to open the portal inside.
    Note: on the 5th stage, the mobs will drop more keys.

4) After the leader has regrouped with his party members, talk to the NPC at the bottom left. And you will be wrapped to another map as shown below. Hit that flower bulb once and leader needs to enter the bottom right portal.
    ***BEFORE YOU GO IN, MAKE SURE YOUR MAGIC GUARD IS ON***
    013.png

5) This stage, the Bishop needs to kill the Skeles in order to get the Root of Life. After which, you can just log out or talk to the crystal at the bottom left to get out. You do not need to continue the PQ unless you want to. Then go back to Shammos and he will teach you the skill Genesis :)
    014.png

~THE END~

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    YoSmile, Nanoboom, Kai and 29 others like this.
  2. Gurps

Gurps Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Corsairs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Acme
    Very nice looking, informative, and easy to follow guide! Just a slight correction I'd like to make: in the very beginning you said "to being" when I think you meant "to begin" . :)

3. Noyo

Noyo Donator

Country Flag:
    Thanks and oh wow!! You noticed something so small xD Sorry, I was quite tired after work and a few failed HTPQ runs!! I've corrected all my grammar and spelling errors now, thanks!!

4. eugenekhor

eugenekhor Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Myself
    Wow. Time to play a bishop

Noyo likes this.
  5. Noyo

Noyo Donator

Country Flag:
    Give you a flying back kick, then you know F3

6. showei01

showei01 Donator

Country Flag:
    so nice, so clear, best guide ever see!

Noyo likes this.
  7. showei01

showei01 Donator

Country Flag:
    I forgot to ask a question, the other people who have dragon elixir, do they need to be 120+ or not?

8. Noyo

Noyo Donator

Country Flag:
    Yes,
    Yes, they have to be. PM me on Akeso, I already have one so I can help you out.

showei01 likes this.
  9. showei01

showei01 Donator

Country Flag:
    Thank you!! I have 5 more levels to grind, after that and all the prequests, I'm sure I will need your help:)

My IGN: evenfall

10. RobertBarchi

RobertBarchi Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RobertBarchi
    Level:
    any kind soul willing to help me out with HTPQ? :D

11. showei01

showei01 Donator

Country Flag:
    Together?

12. Spectasist

Spectasist Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Spectabish
    Level:
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but I highly recommend gathering the items for transformation before doing the shamos side of the quest. This way you won't lose the exp you gained from the quests by being killed by manon.

Basically step 2, then step 1 and then step 3.

13. DeCoconut

DeCoconut Member

Awesome Guide! Do the other 2 members have to be above a certain level?

14. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, you only need two people in total to enter and complete the HTPQ. I've helped several people finish their Genesis prequests by having them stay on the outer maps looting and clicking the NPC that allows me to move onto the next stage while I kill the monsters inside.

Aly likes this.
  15. AxXell

AxXell Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AxXell
    Hello, I just did the PQ following your guide and have 2 remarks.
    1. you only need 2 people (the bishop, and an attacker)
    2. after you do the 4 or 5 stages for the keys, and the attacker is wrapped to the beginning map again together with the other party member(s) you have to talk to the RIGHT (-->) hand side statue.
    talking to the left will end the PQ.

Other than that, great guide!

16. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Home
    I was told that trying to do htpq prequest with 2 people is actually a bug. This was a while back so I don't remember where I read this. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

17. Dena

Dena Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Question: Who is Tomato?

18. Abyss Nights

Abyss Nights Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Allan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    The Encrypted Slate of the Squad says I can't read what is on the slate.. What am I missing here? I went in with two people, and the leader (me) can't read the slate...