Give BW&Axes a Boost

Discussion in 'Closed' started by baka, Jan 14, 2016.

1. baka

baka Well-Known Member

when you choose your warrior subclass Fighter or Page you then need to choose between swords, blunt weapons or axes.
    usually we pick swords, because they are faster and better.
    this suggestion is to give Bw & Axes better end-game weapons to make them more attractive.

right now we have:
    1h sword: Sparta 98wa, speed 5 or Dragon Carabella, 103wa, speed 5
    theres another thread talking about introducing Black Crystal Sword again. if so, it will give swords another attractive weapon.

1h blunt: Crushed Skull, 115wa, speed 6
    with this weapon, 1h blunt have a nice end-weapon waiting.

1h axe: Tomahawk, 98wa, speed 6 or Dragon Axe, 103wa, speed 6
    comparing to 1h swords and blunt they are lacking att and/or speed.

2h sword: Stonetooth Sword, 101wa, speed 5 or Dragon Claymore, 105wa, speed 6
    Stonetooth is one hell of a weapon, 2h and fast! even with the dex-requirement is one of the best weapon for Heros and Paladins

2h blunt: Golden Smith Hammer 102wa, Seal Cushion 103wa, Dragon Flame 110wa all 7 speed
    im not sure what is the end-game weapon here. but nothing is that attractive.

2h axe: Tavar 102wa, speed 7 or Dragon Battle Axe, 107wa, speed 7
    same as 2h blunt, nothing that stands out.

--
    now, looking at what we can get i say that 1h axe, 2h blunt and 2x axe would be more attractive if they have another end-game weapon to choose.
    looking around what kind of weapons exists i found:
    Briser Headsplitter 1h axe
    108wa, fast - req: level 120, str 350

Briser Maul 2h blunt
    112wa, normal - req: level 120, str 370

Briser Giant Axe 2h axe
    112wa, normal - req: level 120, str 370

if we can get those 3 weapons (gacha) then i think it would make it "harder" to choose between swords, blunt and axes.
    its ok to nerf them a bit if you think they are too good.

2. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    2h axe end game is actually Colonian Axe, it has better DPS than either the Tavar or Dragon Battle Axe.

And holy OP axes Batman! (Well not really because 120/80% splits but still.) Anyways, if you add in some level 120 weapons then people will want the others, once again outclassing these.

Plenty likes this.
  3. baka

baka Well-Known Member

yeah, so its not a good idea to introduce lvl120 weapons.
    people will want the other equivalent 120 weapons for the other weapons type.
    but the suggestion is not to introduce lvl120 weapons but to boost blunt & axes to be more attractive.
    if you have other suggestion, please, you are welcome to show a nice axe or blunt that you think could be introduced.

nothing says that we can not take those 3 weapons, nerf them how we want and thats it.

4. Cavemanohyea

Cavemanohyea Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XuelanTash
    I am a blunt wepon using Pally. I would say i am happy without any buffs to blunt weapons tyvm.

Also if you are going to suggest these what about a polearm for dk's since i would rather be a polearm dk over a spear but spears are better.

5. Muren

Muren Donator

IGN:
    Mooren
    Level:
    OuO
    Guild:
    426Unity
    Polearm dks have the purple surfboard which has more attack and is faster than the sky ski. The reason why people pick spears over polearms has nothing to do with the weapons available, its because the spear has a higher stab multiplier than the pole arm so it works better with crusher which is the main bossing skill (polearms have a higher swing multiplier so they work better with fury)

6. baka

baka Well-Known Member

as Muren explained. and i think pole-vs-spears should be another discussion/thread if we ever need to have that.

so Cavemanohyea, you are saying that comparing the blunt-weapons you are using is equivalent to a sword user when comparing dps?
    have you try it out? 1h & 2h?

if we have a lvl170 blunt weapon user and a lvl170 sword user with "same" equips an stats. are they similar? dps? of the two, who will do better at zak and ht?
    in the end we are making a warrior to be able to tank at bosses and we want as high dps possible.

7. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    I'm gonna put this here so you guys can play around with it. http://royals.ms/forum/threads/dps-calculator-lv-200-single-target.31606/

Also this. Make sure to click the other two links in the first comment as well.

The only change Thad really balance axes and bws would be changing the stab/slash multiplier to be the same as swords. As it is, axes and bws do less damage on stabs and more on slashed, making Brandish do less damage.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  8. baka

baka Well-Known Member

that is a really good sheet Rob!
    and looking at the results its obviously that swords are the best weapon type (for warriors)

so, one suggestion is to make axes/blunt use stabs damage (only apply to brandish i presume?)
    well that would fix this issue and we dont need to add any new weapons.
    if we know that all weapons types are somehow equivalent (when you reach end-game) then we can pick what we want, not just swords.

when we read the sheet we need to remembers its single-target (that is important when bossing)
    so the low dps with fury (polearm) is because its a 6-target attack. very good when you kills lots of mobs, but not as effective when bossing, so DK dont need to change it as we can easily do a hybrid and use both,
    but hybrids for heros and paladins are not common, is it even possible?

anyway, no matter what, change stab/slash or add new weapons, we need to do something to make each weapon somehow equivalent. that would make the diversity of the game much richer as more people will pick other weapons type instead of just swords.

9. Muren

Muren Donator

IGN:
    Mooren
    Level:
    OuO
    Guild:
    426Unity
    As a Hero is not that hard, but I think you can't max panic and coma for both axes and swords so you gotta choose which ones are you gonna max, still those skills are not used much after 4th job so is not that big of a deal.
    For Paladins is a not really recommended to go hybrid since you can't max all charges for both weapons, so you will be forced to switch weapons depending on which charge you are using and that (at least for me) defeat the purpose of going hybrid since it seems that you are just making things harder.

10. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    We've had this discussion before. Crushed skull needs to drop somewhere or be craftable and not just come from perion gach. Axes need a flat ~20 attack boost across the board and perhaps a buff to mastery.

Even with a +6 30% axe, my hero is super shitty. I stopped playing it.

JohnKnockOut and Spooky Business like this.
  11. baka

baka Well-Known Member

yeah, that is why we need to do something about it. blunt weapon have at least Crushed Skull (even if its only perion gach, like you say Goofy, not the best way to get it) while axes really dont have anything to compare with a sword-user.

here we need to have a staff response of what is viable, is it add a new weapon? or could we change how dmg is dealt?, like Rob wrote, stab/slash multiplier. or axes receive a mastery bonus in 2nd job?, example:

Level 20: Sword Mastery 60%, accuracy +20
    Level 20: Axe Mastery 80%, accuracy +20
    Level 20: Mace Mastery 80%, accuracy +20

that will make both axes and maces to have better stable damage. is it something that could help in the end?

12. omnom1337

omnom1337 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    As much as I would love to see variety in game (i.e. more than one possible endgame weapon per class), it frankly isn't something that is possible as long as data calculators/data mining exist. Unless everything is 100% equal damage-wise (after factoring attack speed, skills, multipliers, etc.), one weapon will always have some slight edge over the others, and people will naturally gravitate towards that one and it will become the preferred endgame weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I would love options, but as long as people care about optimal damage (which, let's be real, we will), there will always be one "best" weapon to have.

Rob likes this.
  13. baka

baka Well-Known Member

not sure if i agree completely omnom. yes, we will calculate and try to figure out what is the "best". thats obvious. we all do i think.

but we also like to try different builds, its also about weapons we can get, how easy it drops, how costly, scrolls etc.
    right now its too much difference between the dps of swords, axes and blunts. (check the sheet)
    so even if we would like to use an axe, we will eventually feel, > "damn" why did i pick the axe, swords are so much better.

that is why i created this thread. to figure out a way to make axes and blunt more "attractive" (dont need to be better then swords)
    right now we have suggestions:

- another end-game weapon for axes and blunt
    - increase mastery for axes and blunt
    - have axes/blunt do same stab/slash multiplier as swords (for brandish) (paladin skills im not 100% sure what skill is important)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  14. Realizze

Realizze Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Realizze
    Level:
    Guild:
    Immortals
    I'd always be up for changes to these weapon types. I dont mind them being weaker than swords, but at the moment the difference between swords and axe/bw's are a bit too wide to enjoy the other benefits of using them.
    A good start is to actually change the speeds of the bws/axes to be equal to their sword counter parts. They're not only weaker in terms of average damage. They're slower.

15. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    They should remain slower, but do more damage.

Faerhoral and Togain like this.
  16. baka

baka Well-Known Member

i can agree here Goofy, swords, axes and blunt should be different in speed. more damage so the dps will increase to similar values of swords.
    logically an axe or blunt should do "more" damage then swords. but slower. somehow, an axe or blunt should have some "critical" condition. but we dont have critical damage for warriors.
    to increase its mastery is not like a critical condition but it doesnt matter in a dps calculation. if an axe or blunt do "critical" damage, we could use the mastery to compensate. so its not a bad idea to increase the mastery for axes and blunt weapons.

so far we have:

- another end-game weapon for axes and blunt (baka)
    - increase mastery for axes and blunt (Goofy)
    - increase damage for axes/blunt while keeping the speed (swords should be faster) (Goofy)
    - increase speed of axes/blunt (Realizze)
    - have axes/blunt do same stab/slash multiplier as swords (for brandish) (paladins?) (Rob)

17. Cavemanohyea

Cavemanohyea Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XuelanTash
    No i am saying it is not needed period.

18. attainable

attainable Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Attainable
    As a 1H BW soon to be Pally (116 atm), I'd like to second the suggestions for changes....and would also like to suggest the ability to either craft a Crushed Skull, or find it from drops....

It's extremely demotivating to spend 30 gach tickets in perion, and get pretty much junk, and no crushed skull.... D:

19. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    Crushed skulls should really be craftable with similar materials as dragon weapons. I'm surprised this hasn't been added yet.

Royalty and attainable like this.
  20. attainable

attainable Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Attainable
    Absolutely agree....being a 1H BW Pally, w/o having a good 1H BW and having to resort to using a 2H isn't great....not to mention the fact that I've spent 60 gach tickets to find one, and still haven't.