Islander Community Rankings / Guides

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mooshy, Dec 8, 2014.

?

Which Islander rankings icon do you prefer?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2015.
  1. Big Palm Tree

59.5%
  2. Islander Looking Person

4.8%
  3. Islander Looking Person + Mushroom & Sun

4.8%
  4. Islander Looking Person + Snail & Sun

31.0%
  1. Wulas

Wulas Donator

[​IMG]
    Leveled to 74!!! [:p]

IoIzor, Seb, Chokladkakan and 7 others like this.
  2. WasteOfTime

WasteOfTime Member

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    PiggyPatrol
    My concern for not being able to participate in the anniversary event like the previous anniversary events is the newer islanders not having access to the Maple Weapons. Those islanders that have obtained weapons such as the Maple Umbrella in previous years have an advantage over islanders such as myself who were not present for the events. While I can accept that that advantage is a reward for being with the server during the event, I find it unreasonable that people in my situation waited for the next anniversary to only be told that they cannot have the weapons of previous years (I myself have waited about half a year for the next opportunity to get the Maple Umbrella). I understand it is also unreasonable for the islanders to be able to participate in all the event has to offer, but outright exclusion is also unfair as well. I am suggesting a middle ground, possibly just access to the Maple Weapons that were already available in past events.

3. Lightz

Lightz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lightz
    Level:
    GMs, I hope you guys understand that we want more content only to sustain our interest in the game. While I know that islanders should not be included in every content in game, since we have basically limited ourselves by choosing to stay on island, I hope you guys can add features for us in this event. Many of us islanders were really looking forward to this event.

Thank you!

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    IoIzor, Danny, Ezequiell and 3 others like this.
  4. looty108

looty108 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Have to agree with lightz! Its true that as islanders, we ourselves have chosen to impose restrictions and limits upon our gameplay. But I guess we were all anticipating and looking forward to anniversary events. Since its a celebration of the birthday of the server, I feel that it would still be reasonable that all community (which would thus include islanders) would get to experience some kind of event/celebration.

But of cos, I also understand that the recent patch was alr alot of work for the staff. Its just that the islanders were really looking forward to some kind of special events, thus the disappointment.

Really grateful if the (modified) anniversary event for islander (as mentioned earlier by @Dimitri) gets implemented. Shall be looking forward to that. Thank you :D

IoIzor, Islander and Danny like this.
  5. Wulas

Wulas Donator

Some islanders who aren't apart of our guild/skype chat have whispered me the passed two days asking about information involving islanders and this event. Some things have changed so hopefully you see this! As of now we have cake mobs that randomly spawn in every map on maple island. These cake mobs drop lvl 64 items, lvl 64 maple sword being the only item useable by beginners, and MAPLE UMBRELLAS. Maple umbrellas can go up to 18 speed, or 19 speed given the +5 godly system was broken for a while and some things aren't so clear with that. Candles also drop from these cake mobs but have no use on island but have some value off island if you plan to transfer them. So to the rouge islanders out there I hope you see this and good luck!

IoIzor, Lightz, Shona and 4 others like this.
  6. Wulas

Wulas Donator

[​IMG]
    PiggyPatrol Hype!!!! pls come back

IoIzor, Lightz, Chrizz and 3 others like this.
  7. Chrizz

Chrizz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Found this today, very close to max stats:
    [​IMG]

IoIzor, Danny and Islander like this.
  8. Shona

Shona Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shona
    I was wondering why the cakes had been added to Maple Island but no event NPC. I thought they were placed to troll islanders with the recent disagreements hahaha! But nice to see there's something useful from them for the islanders.

Islander and Sila like this.
  9. Wulas

Wulas Donator

Although they rates do seem pretty bad at the moment. I think you should wait a bit before asking for changes, considering the length of time that these mobs have been on maple island.

Danny likes this.
  10. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    Probably better to report these things in the feedback section, rather than a community thread.

NMNA likes this.
  11. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    The event is not made for islanders. We simply just removed a check that was stopping them from spawning there. And we have not changed any drop rates.

12. Danny

Danny Donator

The event was made for the community, the people of MapleRoyals.
    We aren't different from nobody, we are maplers like everyone,we spend hours in game,most of us donate so the server would keep on going and get better and better and we simply expect for stuff that rarely happen, and what we ask for?
    Increasing the rate of drops from the cake mobs?
    We still communicate with everyone we talk and level just like everyone.
    We spoke among us and we gave up on the idea of placing Gaga so we will have the option to get maple hats and stuff like that, like it was possible on the first anniversary.
    We don't ask for more than doing the smallest thing there, increasing the drop rate of the drops from a cake.

We understand that you ,the GM's are against the concept of Islanding, but some people love it,enjoy it,a whole other way of enjoying royals,placing a challenge and goals. But telling a community no for such a small deed? It's like taking every single hope from a person who simply wants to enjoy life, in a different way, but to enjoy life.

We are islanders,we are maplers,we are equaled to everyone else,we ask for the smallest thing to do and it is to up the drop rate of items from cakes ,on the island.

IoIzor, acedanewb, Bjoernie and 3 others like this.
  13. John

John Donator

It's a shame that there is never any satisfaction. We finally added the cakes to the Island and now there's ALREADY complaints about drop rates when the mobs have been available to you for only slightly more than 24 hours? Come on.

As Matt said, the drop rates are the same on the Island as they are in the rest of the server, and the drop rates have not been edited at all since the event began.

Sila likes this.
  14. Danny

Danny Donator

than how would you explain the fact that we have been grinding for the whole day and we only got 1 item! 1! not less not more! compared to yesterday! yesterday i killed about 120 cakes got 8~9 items, today i kill over 250 cakes and got only 1 item! im not the only 1!

oh trust me that we don't want to complain about these stuff, but it is simply stupid!

IoIzor and Islander like this.
  15. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    That's just your bad luck. I've had the same drop rate since i started. Grinding on my legit, I got 1 or 2 maple weapons per inventory full at coolies. It's the same drop rate yesterday as it was today and the day before.

16. John

John Donator

Math isn't on your side? The probability is the probability. I'm sure someone who is much better with probability than I am could calculate how it's possible for you to experience what you did. I don't know why you think this is some conspiracy theory now.

17. Danny

Danny Donator

started today with 110~120 now im at 370.

18. Wulas

Wulas Donator

They've added aspects to the island that have allowed us to participate in this event. Unlike the 1st anniversary, this anniversary is not islander friendly. We've pushed our luck far enough to be included in this event and we should just let things be rather than irritate the staff.

It has basically been a day since they've added things so should at least let some time pass.

Danny, Manny, Matt and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ezequiell

Ezequiell Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The problem is that 98% of the drops have no use to us, so is not even the drop rate being low, but also that we need to get lucky and drop an umbrella.

I'm better off trying to drop that fairy crystal shoe.

20. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The event was not catered to islanders. No event ever has been catered specifically for islanders. Mostly everything available on mainland is useless for you anyway.
    Cant you just be happy we decided to include you guys at all even with the nasty attitudes we've been receiving left and right?
    Guess what: most of the items are useless for mainland characters too. I have no use for a maple sword, or a dagger, or anything like that. But I like the surprise of getting a weapon every so often in the middle of other drops.

The drop rate has not been changed since the cakes were first released. It seems to be about 1 or 2 weapons per 100 candles, from what I noticed. And it has been like that since the very first day. Take it or leave it, but being ungrateful isnt' going to get you anywhere.

Succubus and Matt like this.