Closed ✯ HOLLYWOOD - Where Dreams Began [2015-2016]

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Christopher Chance, Jan 1, 2015.

1. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Please be patient, I myself was out of the house for a while.

2. megutron

megutron Member

(I hope it's okay for me to put my application down anyways even if you guys are closed temporarily)
    1) Name:
    Meagan

2) Age: 21

3) IGN: Neoplasia, FindingChemo

4) Origin of IGN: Neoplasia means "new growth" and it is a glorified medical term for tumor. And FindingChemo is my pathetic attempt at being funny.

5) Level & Job: 70 priest, 31 spearman

6) Country/State: Hong Kong

7) How long have you been playing Royals: Joined not too long ago, a week or two ago probably. I played GMS way back in 2006 though, the nostalgia brought me to royals.

8) Character Goals: I never had a goal when I played MS before and I would play leisurely. I am trying to play more seriously right now and actually learn how to scroll items and make money as well as leveling my character up to 4th job and trying to do boss runs for the first time. I'm still very confused about a lot of things so any help would be much appreciated lol.

9) Guild History: n/a

10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? This guild seems to be a lot of fun, and gives me the impression of a very warm and welcoming community that drew me towards MS in the first place. I also like the fact that you guys seem to be active and that you have many guild related events that seem to be happening to keep things interesting (plus Nujabes playing in the HT video sold me completely). I'd love to get to know you guys, and hopefully be really good friends with some of you!

11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): n/a

12) How active are you in Royals? This really depends, but I usually try to go on for at least an hour a day.

13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: I'm in my 4th year of medical school. My ultimate life goal is to become a surgeon, I haven't decided which specific specialty yet, but I'm leaning towards either general surgery or head and neck surgery. Oncology interests me as well, hence the basis for my IGNs.

14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Charlize Theron

BaconCat likes this.
  3. Miika

Miika Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Miiika
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    :)

[​IMG]

megutron and William like this.
  4. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Accepted! Please contact a Jr in game for an invite.

5. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Just letting everyone know, my computer has been on the fritz lately, so I am very touch and go in actually being able to log into the game ;-;

6. Shay.

Shay. Active Member

Country Flag:
    1) Name: Shay (pronounced as 'shy', even though I'm not a shy guy).
    2) Age: 17
    3) IGN: Asfix & Gimic
    4) Origin of IGN: Gimic is a different way of saying 'gimmick', in a way that looks smoother to me. Gimmick means something new, something that nobody has thought of, "gimmick refers to a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries". That is why I've chosen Gimic as my life-time nick, since I believe that I'm at least kinda unique in my way of thinking and working, eh. Asfix? Umm, just a name I thought of that looks cool to me.
    5) Level & Job: Asfix - level 96 Priest, he's not my goal, he's just a characther I have opened in order to fund my other truely wanted characters.
    Gimic - level 54 Gunslinger, a corsair is one of my goals, and I plan on making the best one I can.
    6) Country/State: Israel.
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: Around 1 week and a half.
    8) Character Goals: When I first started and talked to a few pro-looking players, they have asked me a bunch of questions, and the thing I said I want the most is to become the best player in the server. Honestly, I always have great goals in life and even if it's just a game, I aim to be the best I can. I have achieved a goal of being the best in a game I just started a few times in my life, I hope I can do it here as well, or be one of the bests !
    9) Guild History: Lenient > Devil.
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? Well, this is by far the most interesting guild I have read about. It seems super proffesional, super active and super mature. I'm kinda alone at the game right now, as I have just started, so I'm also looking for a warm community to find friends in and have fun with. I believe in helping others and being helped as well, and so I believe that I can both help and be helped by HOLLYWOOD.
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): Nope.
    12) How active are you in Royals? Pretty active, maybe too active haha !
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: Currently I work until I will serve in the army. My goals in life are pretty big, I plan on being as successful as I can be. I'm currently at a pilot course for the army, in which only 10 out of 400 in the end of the course that takes 1.5 years, get to become pilots in the army. So currently, my biggest goal is to success the course and become a pilot.
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: I have a few favorite actors - Leonardo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp and Samuel L Jackson, I believe they are all geniuses in what they do.

BaconCat likes this.
  7. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Accepted! Please contact a Jr. in game for an invite!

8. MikasaSuCasa

MikasaSuCasa Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MikasaSuCasa
    Level:
    7X
    Guild:
    Wicked
    1) Name: B
    2) Age: 20
    3) IGN: MikasaSuCasa
    4) Origin of IGN: Attack on Titan geek
    5) Level & Job: 35 and Spearman. (Just started)
    6) Country/State: California, USA
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: About a week.
    8) Character Goals: Professional Dark Knight
    9) Guild History: None
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? Dat LA life.
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): None :'(
    12) How active are you in Royals? I just started, so I'm still quite passionate about the server. However I do play other games, so I am relatively active. I'd say an 8 out of a 10.
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: Aspiring lazy college student.
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Leonardo Di Caprio

9. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    We're going to reject this app.

10. MikasaSuCasa

MikasaSuCasa Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MikasaSuCasa
    Level:
    7X
    Guild:
    Wicked
    ~f4

11. Arceus

Arceus Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Talonflame
    Level:
    1) Name: Korin
    2) Age: 22
    3) IGN: Talonflame
    4) Origin of IGN: One of my Favorite Pokemon~
    5) Level & Job: 160 Bowmaster
    6) Country/State: USA
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: 2 years
    8) Character Goals: Endgame equips~
    9) Guild History: Pokemon, Oblivion
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? - HT and other boss runs~
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): Not of the top of my head :(
    12) How active are you in Royals? - Almost everyday
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: Musician - training for a triathlon~
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Emma Stone

12. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Rejected, sorry.

13. Stach100

Stach100 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Klousable
    Level:
    Guild:
    Radiance
    1) Name: Kevin
    2) Age: 17
    3) IGN: BurnTheWitch
    4) Origin of IGN: Title of a Radiohead song. Favorite band atm
    5) Level & Job: 39 Hunter
    6) Country/State: Toronto, Canada
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: About 3 days
    8) Character Goals: Achieving the highest level I possibly can. Hopefully 200 :^)
    Also getting all the end game equips that I couldn't get back in the day. Trying to satisfy the 10 year old me!
    I have only hit level 200 after bigbang on GMS and it's my dream to do it in the glory days of maple. (even if it's on 4x and 1000 other bonuses)
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? - Seems like a welcoming and professional guild. I respect guilds that take things seriously, especially in private servers
    where you take these applications very seriously! I also love guilds that seem active with all their members and do events and bossing and what not.
    The effort that's put into all of this seems insane!
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): N/A
    12) How active are you in Royals? - Everyday, hopefully during school as well
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: Music fanatic. Going into last year of highschool atm. In a perfect world I would pursue something in music,
    but probably not happening for multiple reasons unfortunately. Still figuring out what I want to do. Who knows maybe my dream could come true!
    hopefully irl and in maplestory too :^)
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Tom Hanks, Bryan Cranston

14. Meoli

Meoli Member

Country Flag:
    1) Name: Mei

2) Age: 19

3) IGN: Meisai

4) Origin of IGN: Swordswoman from Katanagatari (http://katanagatari.wikia.com/wiki/Meisai_Tsuruga)

5) Level & Job: 70 & Marauder (Just job adv'd woo!)

6) Country/State: Canada

7) How long have you been playing Royals: 2 months (I used to play on an F/P, but unfortunately I lost interest in it)

8) Character Goals: Must.. Get.. Super.. Transformation! And then after that, the goal is to start bossing starting at 135+ :D (Baby steps, I don't like to make too big of a goal otherwise I feel demotivated when I realize how long it'll take)

9) Guild History: Pianus

10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? I've always wanted to be a part of a friend, active, mature guild community. Royals is a game that requires a lot of grinding and repetitive training, but it just feels so much better to have 2 hours pass by while you're talking to your friends in Guild chat and see you've gotten a couple levels, as opposed to staring at your exp bar as grinding slowly, but surely crushes your soul.
    Other than that, Hollywood looks the type of guild I've always looked for in every game I've ever played, and I would love to meet every single one of you, and make some new friends!

11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): Unfortunately not :(

12) How active are you in Royals? Couple hours a day about 5 days a week usually!

13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: I'm a book fanatic, in the future, I'd like to have my own little library full of my favorite books which are mostly from the Mystery genre.

14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Sean Bean. I think he's an awesome actor, my favorite performances by him have been Boromir in LotR and Eddard Stark in GoT (I'm a huge GoT fan), which is an opinion shared by many but for good reason!

Anyway, I really hope you'll consider my application as I'd love to join this guild. Thank you so much!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  15. BaconCat

BaconCat Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nayruu
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Solari
    Both Accepted, please contact a Jr. in game for an invite!

16. Spotted

Spotted Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Publicity
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    1) Name: Peter
    2) Age: 20
    3) IGN: Sorrows/Thresh (Looking for an invite on Sorrows but including Thresh because I was a guild member 1.5 years ago on Thresh)
    4) Origin of IGN: When the server was first booting up I remember everyone was racing to take those League names, and I grabbed one of the best hookers out there! Sorrows originated from the first thing I think of when I think Warrior, Crimsonwood Keep/Bigfoot/CWKPQ. I thought the dark meaning inside the name would suit my play style on that character. Plus its simple!
    5) Level & Job: 105 Crusader (Subject to change as he's been leveling very fast recently)
    6) Country/State: Canada
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: 3 years on and off (Recently been going 2 months strong)
    8) Character Goals: HT, Daily Zak runs, Krex, CWKPQ when it comes out. (This character will be strictly bossing) Aside from bosses I'm aiming for that 146 ST one day (Currently only 131 atm)
    9) Guild History: HOLLYWOOD (I was kicked due to inactivity upon my first acceptance. Due to this reason I held off on re-applying until I knew I was 100% set on remaining active), Infinity
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? For the short time I was in the guild last time, I really enjoyed the opportunities it employs. There's a constant flow of newcomers as well as many players who have been around for a while. Boss runs were very well organized and everyone seemed to try and get everyone involved. During my return this year I some members of HOLLYWOOD and for the past 1-2 months it's been my dream to enter again!
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): Not anymore that I can remember, unfortunately.
    12) How active are you in Royals? Bursts during the weekends. During the summer I'm on almost every day, but when University kicks back up I'll most likely be on 20 minutes everyday and more active during the weekends, unless there are upcoming exams.
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: In terms of occupation, this year I became a dentistry student at the University of Toronto. In terms of recreation, as you can probably tell from my display picture, I spend most of my extra time riding my bike (I only dream of that Ducati haha).
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Tom Hardy

Cheers!

17. Boblo

Boblo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    boblo
    Level:
    1) Name: Brian

2) Age:

3) IGN:
    Boblo

4) Origin of IGN:
    Wow, this brings me back to the days when I first started playing Maplestory. Perhaps... Seven years ago? It's been a while. Anyhow, like any other little boy in the fifth grade, I decided to make myself a nickname. I thought that I could perhaps make something unique out of something that wasn't, so I took the name bob and added the letters -lo to it; I thought it was the most unique thing at the time. Turns out it wasn't though, because a lot of websites had people signed up as boblo as well. Even though it originated from a childish idea, I still hold dear to this IGN because I have so many memories with it.

5) Level & Job:
    38, Assassin

6) Country/State:
    United States, New Jersey

7) How long have you been playing Royals:
    I think I've been playing this game for around a week? I started playing the original GMS around three weeks ago with a couple of my friends and I reached level 153 quite quickly on my Xenon. Even though there were daily quests and events to attend to, I still found it boring because most of the gameplay, although I was playing with my friends, turned out to be more single player oriented. Grind after grind, I started to get tired of the game in a matter of two weeks. There just were no more goals for me to reach for, except more damage. I didn't have a community nor did I receive a multiplayer experience from a supposedly multiplayer game. I started looking around for things to do because I had nothing else to do, and I found this private server. I thought that I would give it a try and thought that I wouldn't like it too much (was never a big fan of private servers), but it turns out that I do. Reliving the old Maplestory experience has proved exciting and extremely satisfying to me. Not just because of the nostalgic element that this server brings, but also because of the community that it inspires. I've learned over the past week that this game is more than just a video game, but that it's a place to meet new people and make new connections.

8) Character Goals:
    In the old Maplestory, I've always wanted to hit level 30 (mind you, I was only in the 3rd grade). After joining Royals, I've made it my goal to hit level 120. But I could care less about my level. I want to relive the old Maplestory experience by really taking the time to get to know other people on this server.

9) Guild History:
    None, I've never joined any guilds.

10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD?
    Well, many things. For one, this seems like a big guild. Not that the size of a guild matters too much to me of course, but I want to join an active guild with many people to talk to. It also seems to have a great way to introduce new people into the guild. I want to be of help to this guild (even though I'm not even in it, haha) because I just love talking to new people and making them feel welcome. Secondly, this guild seems very community oriented. Going through the other guilds in this forum, I quickly realized that many of them were not for me. Many had level requirements because they wanted their main focus to be on bossing and making personal achievements in the game. However, I want to be part of a community that sees that it's founded on the people, not just activities.

11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable):
    Wish I did :(

12) How active are you in Royals?
    I go online at least once every day for an hour.

13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any:
    Well, I am a student that is going to be applying to college this fall. I hope that I can make it into a top tier college because my parents will not be able to pay for my education otherwise. My hobbies include Table Tennis, volunteering at a food pantry, and having deep talks with friends. My ultimate goal is to make my non-profit (osfnj.com) a big thing and help students all over the country get the educational help that they deserve.

14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress:
    Well, I don't really take interest into any actors, but I would have to say that it would have to be Morgan Freeman. I mean, he has such an amazing voice. He's also quite the savage.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luxord
    Level:
    1) Name: Malcolm
    2) Age: 21
    3) IGN: Luxord
    4) Origin of IGN: I got the idea from one of the Organization XIII members from Kingdom Hearts II
    5) Level & Job: 117 Chief Bandit
    6) Country/State: United States - Maryland
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: On and off for a year (off because I got when having no one to play with)
    8) Character Goals: For now reach 120 ASAP and start bossing and getting his att higher
    9) Guild History: Currently in a not so active guild (Dank)
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD?: It seems very active and legit. Active guild always make for a better experience
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): Nope, I'm hoping to join in order to make friends
    12) How active are you in Royals?: At the moment very active, but a guild would help me continue to be active
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: College Student; double majoing in Criminal Justice and Computer Technology. Hope to do Computer Forensics, or Cyber Securitty
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Viola Davis

19. Dervy

Dervy Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dervy
    1) Name: Karl
    2) Age: 24
    3) IGN: Dervy
    4) Origin of IGN: I used to play Guild Wars 1 back in the day, and in preparation of the then new class Dervish release, I created a character called DervyPervy to reserve the name. This character soon become my main and I become known as Dervy, and I like it.
    5) Level & Job: Level 8x and currently a Priest
    6) Country/State: England
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: Since the beginning of August 2016
    8) Character Goals: Aim to main my Bishop, generate enough income to be steadily profitable and successful
    9) Guild History: I was a member of Exquisite which recently disbanded.
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? I like the closeness of the community within. I'd like to eventually find my way into this.
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): N/A
    12) How active are you in Royals? I play daily.
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: I currently work in an office/warehouse where I sell electrical goods on eBay.
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Emma Stone

20. Anderson

Anderson Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XiaoDanGao
    Level:
    1) Name: Anderson
    2) Age: 22
    3) IGN: XiaoDanGao
    4) Level & Job: 29 & Mage > Cleric
    6) Country/State: Malaysia & KL
    7) How long have you been playing Royals: Just Join From Ytd
    8) Character Goals: Havent Got it
    10) What interests you about HOLLYWOOD? : 1st i am looking Asia Guild and it very helpful for me that have guild pq and bossing, after i become a bishop that day, i hope i can be the one helpful player in this guild
    11) Any close friends in HOLLYWOOD? (Provide IGN(s) if applicable): None
    12) How active are you in Royals? Everynight i will online like 4~6 hours
    13) What do you do, and Goals IRL, if any: i am a officer of logistic and my goal is ,work with my father together fight it and now better than before. Just Gst is Making much Trouble At my country >_<
    14) Favorite HOLLYWOOD Actor/Actress: Robert Downey Jr.( IronMan