Removal of warp-to-FM button functionality

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Azurite, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devin

Devin Donator

Country Flag:
    If there were social classes in maplestory, where as people that are pro af around Lv.160+ and Zak/HT/Krex all day and able to solo BF and Angeo etc bosses quickly are top tier, and people that are just getting the hang of the server, maybe have a bishop or in the process of washing a char and actively playing the game are middle tier, and players that are just playing the game to feel nostalgic, not hp washing, not making bishops, doesn't play 24/7 and barely levels up once a day or only able to level up when guildie bishops leech or sell NX for leech as bottom tier.
    How will the removal of FM warp will effect these 3 tiers. (FMW for short FM Warp)
    Top tier players probably have HS/HB/SE/SI/Echo buff mules, and I myself is not one of them, so I have no idea how much they need those buffs and how often, but the removal of FMW won't be effecting them very much since if they need it constantly, they can set their buff mules on the previous map where is safe and their character who needs buff go to them every 2-3 mins.
    Middle tier players are probably the ones that are low level bishops that are selling leech constantly, and entering FM isn't really a problem because they can still set up their "arrow trade" shops in FM and have a mule sit next to it to check if the buyers paid, they won't receive the mesos in their bag immediately, but it shouldn't be an issue (since for leechers being bishop or having a HS mule is a must, being able to door their buyer to FM shouldn't be very hard), also if the lack of potion to force them to leave the map, the amount of inventory space is well enough to prepare enough potions for a 7 hour leech, if need more, they can just bring a pot mule that carries enough potions.
    Bottom tier players are probably the noobie ones that needs to sell their daily voted NX ( AP resets, TP rocks, smegas) which isn't a problem for them either since they probably won't mind a few extra minutes to walk to FM and get their business done for the day and go back to what they needs to do.

There are also players with no tiers that are like FM Merchs who stay in the FM all day, or players that just wants to hang out in the FM.

As above, the removal of FMW does not have a huge effect on anything that is important to anyone's maple life, and to be honest, even without the removal of FMW, we don't necessarily benefit a ton from it, since we only use that button when a friend/guildie is in need, for example, during this event, many people that I know needed to trade ham for cakes or black fur for snow silk and things like that, if I am leeching, and my guildie needs those items that I can spare, without FMW, I'd think it's too much of a hassle to goto FM just to give him/her some stuff, and that's probably the only thing it will change, less effective helps from other players because of laziness.

For the abuses that Dimitri said before
    • Have buff mules in a safezone where they can buff you up whenever you want.
    • Have an instant access safezone location where you can trade items to a mule so you don't have to leave your grinding map.
    • Quickly deal with leech payment on that character without having the risk of losing mapownership.
    • Having an instant access safezone location where you can take a break from grinding without having to go to town.
    These isn't really a big issue for the server, 1. Mule safe zones can be easily solved, 2. Trading items to a mule does not require to leave the current grinding map as long you have 2 clients open. 3. leech payments can be checked via mule as well, and only costs maybe extra 5 seconds to look on the second client that is afking in the FM. 4. I cannot think of a map that is so dangerous that you cannot find a safezone to afk on, if you need to take a break assuming 5min+ break, then you lose the map, so going to town or finding a safezone in the current/next map isn't a difficult thing to do.

Taking away FMW doesn't help nor hurt majority of the server very much, however, it hurts small communities such as guild/buddy helps, giving items to other people who asks in buddy chat/ guild chat while you're grinding, and also bear in mind that bishops or HS/door mules can very well leave the map go to fm trade, and go back in the door less than 3minutes, hence not losing their map anyway. It hurts bottom tier players the most because they might not be a priest/bishop, and having to leave map just to help a friend.

I am against the FM warp button removal, I don't see how FM warp is such a destructive feature for the server in the long run, it only make things convenient, as for "abuses" you believe there are, they will still be "abused" in some way or another.

What you guys need to look at is limiting muti-clients, this is the most single abused feature this server have, it literally sucks out the fun of maplestory for casual players, and it's an unfair advantage. Just look at this Christmas event, the snowman map 85% of the players on the maps are AFK mules, I've seen people with 6+ accounts some extremes have more than 12 accounts up to do the snowman present event, so it means they have 12x chance of getting chairs/rings/red socks/ scrolls/ Maplemas stars/ Use items. I understand that those people put in more work&time than others and deserve more rewards for what they've dedicated, but is it really the way to play a game? completely consuming their life to get ahead of other players, and make the new joined players less likely to have fun? I swear to God this event almost made me quit because of those AFKing mules sitting there waiting for people that actually played to work for them. I've played a server before where they only allow two clients open at once, and even sandboxie cannot open more clients, I have no idea how they did it, but if you guys can limit multi-client, then the buff mules abuse would be stopped wouldn't it? there won't be 1 player with 3-4 mules sitting in FM waiting to buff would it?

Tsue, liomio, SideBurns and 3 others like this.
  2. Chrizz

Chrizz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Himes comes to mind.

It's easy to disable multiclienting on a single OS, but using virtual machines, you would still be able to multiclient. So in trying to solve mutliclienting, you would affect a lot of benign multiclienters, while many of the 'abusers' would probably spend the extra effort to continue to multiclient.

3. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    agreeed 100000%. having this removed from no where is kinda unfair.

4. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    The FM is always full of people.... Literally, ALWAYS.

5. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    The community doesn't like freak random changes that literally 90% of people used...

ButtonDoll likes this.
  6. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    The FM IS used to trade. Idk if some of you have even walked into the FM at all, but the place is always pumping with people. Mules will always be everywhere.

7. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    Can you please write in a single post instead of making a new post for every person you want to quote? @artRAVER

iCeci, Hampa, Rough and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cocozzi

Cocozzi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ddealwithit
    THIS

9. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    Im newish to forums. I don't understand how it works fully yet. I don't see this being a big deal.

10. Futak

Futak Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Homebone
    Level:
    It's not that big of a deal, but it's flooding the thread. Use the quote option to save quotes instead of using the reply button.

To say something about this topic, i only ever used the fmwarp to warp to the top of a map while grinding, so i don't mind. I do feel as if the reaction to the removal is somewhat over the top.. but we'll just have to wait and see what it actually will do to the game.

gummypoop and Dimitri like this.
  11. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainDre
    Level:
    Tbh i'm willing to give this whole no FM button the benefit of doubt and try it. The real question I have is are you GM's willing to actually hear us out though if we come together as a community and agree that we don't like it afterwards? Using such things as a poll, feedback threads, etc or will you silently hope to turn a blind eye on us?

urbanfears, Darklit, Goku and 6 others like this.
  12. MultiBana

MultiBana Member

How about simply disabling the usage of party buffs in FM?
    It would force mules out of there while not hurting the original purposes of the FM and the warp button.

13. Machiko

Machiko Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Machiko
    Guild:
    Cozy
    But y'all talking like not having FM wrap is something completely new, but it isn't. We have, dare I say all of us, played the official game, and having that button is clearly a loved, working system which we prefer over the old one. So it's rather pointless to call us lazy or stubborn because we already know both systems and know which one we like. /shrugs

14. Deanna

Deanna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ElementStorm
    Level:
    80x
    Guild:
    Gentality
    I'm so glad that you pretty much called me a noob, thx man... really makes my self esteem go up XD

15. Devin

Devin Donator

Country Flag:
    haha, I think it's actually a compliment, being noob is fun, making a bishop leeching a main, heavy hp wash to the top, and in the end all that hard work turns into boredness, so what you're a pro, you missed so much more fun in the process of the game. I actually missed the nooby struggles I had back in 2007 when some random dude dropped a sleepywood scroll in HHG1, I picked it up and used it at lvl 16, never been to sleepywood, died in every portal I went into, basically stuck there for the entire day begging for help, out of frustration, I had to make a new char to start over lol... seeing a level 27 thief throw wooden tops was cool af because I never seen those stars.. ahhh fun days.

16. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Woaw, those were the days. Was a cleric, lv 3x-ish. Explored Sleepywood dungeon as well. Stumbled upon another lv5x cleric and spearman. We went deep inside and found a Jr. Balrog. Mofo spearman thought we could kill it. Whacked it once. The furry brown bitch slapped us like we were some sort of sorry ass. Spammed white potions, but mana wasn't there. I died instantly, the other cleric died on 2nd hits. Spearman lived and laughed at us two dead clerics.

Shitty spearman...~f9... BUT IT WAS FUN! ~f14

Devin and rustygreen like this.
  17. Wabajack

Wabajack Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Wabajack
    Honestly, 2 features kept me on Royals for as long as it did. Fmwarp button and Godly system. After playing for a couple months I began to understand the rules of the FMwarp button and how people would abuse it with the mules. I think the only abuse is filling it up with HS/SI/SE/haste/HB mules. If they could make skills "not usable" while in FM, I think that would fix most of the problems of the fmwarp button. I didn't have any mules, but I can admit that I went into FM many times to be in a safe place to AFK between grinding sessions or to meet up with some friends. It is a very convenient feature if you want to AFK, but it it too convenient (even if its a pserver)? Only the GMs can deem it too convenient or not. I wont say more, the rest has been expressed by many other players and gotten responses accordingly. Just adding my 2 cents, even if everything i said was already repeated in other posts. (I saw it a couple times, only read to page 5)

TLDR: I do think people have taken the FMwarp button too far with mules. Just make skills not usable (cast-able) in FM. Solves most problematic things. imo

I will try the new FM though, before actually posting any complaints or if i agree/disagree with the change. I think its unfair to judge the admins without trying out the feature.

18. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    #BringbackFMWarp

Or make Oblivion 4 Door able just like in gms back then.

artRAVER and Goku like this.
  19. yuguo

yuguo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    if skills are not cast-able, cant use telepot/flash/haste in fm? slow down shopping

20. Wabajack

Wabajack Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Wabajack
    yea i know. I remember in GMS when all those abilities where disabled because of lag purposes. Also it would be unfair that some people got to fm spots faster. warrios having to walk, when other classes got to haste/flashjump/tp around. People were fine with that, same thing would go with my suggestion. Hey, itsbetter than losing fm button completely.

Edit: Also, it doesnt really slow down shopping to much. You can still ride your mounts too. Removing FM button would slow down shopping a LOT more than just removing skills.

Cuatro, artRAVER and `Alice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.