HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Are you sure about that? most people say, and I've also read about this, that ht hits 8-9k.. cuz i mean 3.5k is almost what zakums hits.. sound pretty weak

2. StaticShock

StaticShock Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RUPNOK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    It requires 0 effort for one thing. And from my close to 3 years of experience on this server I've always known ap resets to be probably the most bought/sold item... Like ever.

Romina and zzzzzzz like this.
  3. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Well I did around 4b in 1 month only from gach and apqing.. i guess i could manage without ap resets and the same goes for the rest of the players..

4. StaticShock

StaticShock Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RUPNOK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I'm not sure what your getting at here... I can make billions a month doing many things. It doesn't take away from the fact that ap resets are a huge part of the economy. I'm noticing that the topic is drifting away from first post though. If we are done talking about hp washing being needed or not, I'm going to pce...

Edit: actually ye I'm done here, I've given 2 solid examples of my own experience, that I feel proves hp washing is not necessary. Take them how you choose.

Romina, zzzzzzz and Hampa like this.
  5. Hampa

Hampa Donator

I'm certain that you can stand in a small part of main body and never get hit for more than 5.6k, if no one had more than 5.6k though you would not be able to kill horntail because no one could kill legs/tail without having 8.5k hp. Also like i said its not going to be easy, moving into the same spot after every time you get hit even the smallest lag could cause you to die. This is probably why 8.5k+ hp is recommended by everyone as minimum hp to kill horntail. personally wouldn't recommend anyone to go ht with 3.5k hp but that doesn't mean it isnt possible.
    where did you even get all these numbers they seem kind of inaccurate to me. Also pink bean isnt even available on this server.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  6. Aven

Aven Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GunEmoji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Honestly dude, this is a nostalgia server and this is how the server was in GMS. If you want easy mode game play, play a more recent version of the game? People can solo bosses in no time because the game started to give players everything they needed to enjoy the end game lol.

As many ppl have said, the game is entirely possible without HP washing.

Also you can do HT with 3.5k as a NL. Its definitely stupid to do this because you have a high chance of dying. Hence why you would need more levels to compensate for the lack of hp. More levels = more hp. So while most washed ppl can HT at 155, you'd probably have to be like 175+ OR you would need a dk to hb. Either way, its possible.

Hampa likes this.
  7. Leggo

Leggo Donator

Level:
    I'm kinda sick of seeing these threads and seeing people complaining about hp washing without never going trough the journey of hp washing themselves. Seems to me they look at the cost and are shocked on how expensive it is or how much work it is.

Every player I have met that has Hp washed never complained about how stupid it is.
    (Mostly friends and players I met ingame)
    Most people I met ingame and talked to said they wished they invested more (if they aren't at 30k hp) in hp washing.

Theres "hidden rule" that says you need to hp wash. Mostly what hp washing does it that u don't need to be dependent on HB. Not every HT run has a DRK, thus the reasoning.
    I think it's easy for new players to complain about hp washing cuz they think it should be easily obtainable.
    It is already easy to hp wash compared to GMS, also the AP resets is a good mesos/NX sink which is healthy for the Royals economy.

Remember ALOT of players has farmed and sold leech for ap resets, put in the work for hp washing thus making it possible. If you want to have high hp go earn it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    MaiAh, Dasha and Fatlip like this.
  8. TheExplorer

TheExplorer Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Doom/Lithium
    Level:
    Huehuehue.. "Squishy Classes" :)

9. Kelly Collier

Kelly Collier Member

Country Flag:
    That's why HP Warriors is the way to go. Bossing with their own DMG against them.

10. Chrizz

Chrizz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Pink bean isn't even in royals, so it makes no sense to assume how much it would hit.

11. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy

I fail to see the issue with HP washing if you have these funds.

HP washing is a pure luxury. You make the effort to get the money for it or you don't. At the end of the day you will still be able to play the game. Without HP washing you will find it very difficult to find a party for HT, but it is possible. I have a friend who never washed his BM and can regularly HT.

I spent the time and money on my NL to wash it to over 18k HP. Did it suck getting the money for just HP? Yes. Am I happy that I did it? Yes. You get out of this game what you put into it. Changing the game to cater to people who don't want to spend the money on HP washing their characters will ruin all the long hours of work many before them have done. I've seen a few NLs with 30k hp even. There is a bishop with over 23k HP.

TLDR: If you don't want to spend money on HP washing, then don't do it. You will still be able to enjoy the end game. Those who work for their luxury, will enjoy luxury.

Prideful likes this.
  12. GoldShine

GoldShine Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gilgamesch
    In this thread, I think you should just ignore the replies denying the truth "HP washing is necessary for most classes except mage." Those ppl, they just want to show off and are either not interested in the topic or hypocritical. I guarantee you most of them did HP washing or regretted heavily if not. They are just coward to admit that.

PeaCats, Tivu, MaiAh and 5 others like this.
  13. Hampa

Hampa Donator

f6
    Like I said in my earlier posts hp washing is not needed in order to be able to survive horntail which is currently the hardest boss to survive... Like i also mentioned earlier I would still recommend washing because killing horntail without washing is really hard.

MaiAh likes this.
  14. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    BUMP
    I was but a kid but i still stand behind those words

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Tivu likes this.
  15. Talo

Talo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Talo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boba
    In my opnion this is the kind of nostalgic characteristics im looking for in an old game.
    How we as newbies need to figure out how to best position ourselfs in a new setting.
    I think not only it makes the game more challenging it also helps exploring new classes and set big goals which in the long term will feel very rewarding.
    So i have to disagree, we can observse this type of mechanics in alot of old multiplayers where experienced players have found an exploit that gives them the leverage over new players and its perfectly fine they earned it.
    Plus taje into consideration that in the real GMS people paid actual money to have this luxury and now its doable via voting and of course merching.

Hamburg, ginwolf and MaiAh like this.
  16. SpamHealPlz

SpamHealPlz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ThiccHermit
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Reborn
    What a load of whining,when I first joined GMS and learned that some bosses are too hard to survive did I make a new char? got disappointed and complained?
    no, because it wasnt my concern as a new player. I wanted to advance, get stronger and see where I can get while having fun doing that.
    I mostly see these posts from new players, because experienced players dont rant about HP wash. They understand how its works, why its done and why its so expensive.
    Now why would a new player care about how much HT hits? Thats straight arrogant.
    Its weirdly annoying watching a new player rant about hp washing and stuff that are end game when he barely left maple island.
    Because if you actually do play the game like it was played in the old days you dont leech and it takes a long time to hit 155. During this time you appriciate what it takes to hit the higher lvls and dmg and a lot of things clear up.
    If you are an older player, and still complain about HP wash you simply dont want to play maplestory. Not like it was used to be played anyway, you just want a private server to give you this fast rush from getting to end game quickly and killing the hardest boss to satisfy you'r need for nostalgia.
    If this is what you are looking for then MapleRoyals isnt for you, because it doesnt answer to those needs like other private servers do. Which is also why its special.
    So in my opinion HP wash must not be removed, so we dont end up with lowering the bar and making it just another 10000x exp\drop server with no sense of achivment.

Powz likes this.
  17. llibbill

llibbill Member

Of all the HP washing defender takes this has to be one of the most bottom barrel ones. We've come so far in understanding game design and yet it seems to be lost on most of the maplestory community.

The whole game is geared towards end game content, not the dumbass journey there. You can appreciate the grind to end game, but the game itself is designed for end game. To devoid the intent of gameplay just because you want to cling on to a gatekeeping game bug and bias from player base just lacks foresight. HP washing is just a time wasting threshold. No skill, interaction, or player impact. If you want to argue that the time waste should be there to gatekeep players no matter how good they are at actual gameplay, that's another topic and a much more valid one than whatever dogshit you wrote. There are massively glaring faults at old maplestory that Nexon fixed that results in the current GMS, and to keep it under the pretense that its a healthy gameplay mechanic is questionable logic. Arguing it for the sake of nostalgia is even a better take and even with that you contradict your own point in that most of the playerbase never even interacted with HP washing even on preBB GMS. Hell, this sever isnt even 1x/1x/1x. So what are you trying to get at?

HP washing and thresholds should never have been this relevant in terms of gameplay as opposed to player control. Even without HP as a threshold for end game content, you can't/don't approach mid and end game bosses without time and resources put in the first place, so investment is an irrelevant point.

PeaCats, Ayane, Tivu and 3 others like this.
  18. SpamHealPlz

SpamHealPlz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ThiccHermit
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Reborn
    "joined oct 2, 2019"... sigh...
    the whole game is end-game oriented if you let it.
    If you do the exp quest for the earlier lvls
    then u do some cpq
    then u leech to 130
    of course you're going to think the game is end-game oriented, because you took all the shortcuts possible and reached 155 in a month. This is not the way it should be done as a new player. this is what funded players should do.
    if you actually do spend the time to lvl you'rself its going to take a long time. During which you vote and buy and sell and increase you'r wealth, and can easily afford a wash.
    If you reach end game too quickly because you like the easy way that's you'r fault.
    also i gained a lot of friends selling leech and making mesos for ap resets whats ur point lol
    I dont care if you get a wash or not, because i dont think its reserved to "elite players" its so easy to get enough hp these days that its no longer a tool to tell a pro from a noob, maybe a 30k is. So i dont think they have anything to lose from you surviving HT- Thus i dont support hp wash to perpetuate the differences between pros and noobs.
    its so easily attainable these days that literally only really new players like you cry about it.
    Mid bosses are not doable? now I know you have not played this game at all. The only boss that somehow requirs hp wash HT and even then its not a must.
    Also why are you so mad lol? its not like the HP my char gained was taken from ur char. if it bothers u this much go and wash.
    Like I said in my first comment to this thread, its mostly total new noobs like you who are playing for a couple of weeks who complain about it.
    The rest of us are just having fun

Powz likes this.
  19. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    Hp washing is shit.

PaddysPub, Mimsy, Tivu and 7 others like this.
  20. llibbill

llibbill Member

You're actually missing the whole point of this thread. Almost all of what you typed is practically irrelevant to whats being talked about.

Mimsy and Tivu like this.