-

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Buccaneer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. shck

shck Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iExplore
    Level:
    12x
    Alright! got a rough idea on what I should go for now, Thank you so much!

Buccaneer likes this.
  2. shck

shck Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iExplore
    Level:
    12x
    Hey, I've been farming on my Marauder for awhile now and I've realized that Cockscrew Blow + Energy Blast works great as well for farming.
    With enough practice, you barely get hit at all. Also, when Energy Charge is off, Cockscrew Blow + Cockscrew Blow combo recharges it in 2 hits which is 1 cycle.
    This is how the combo should work:
    Energy Charge off:
    Cockscrew Blow + Cockscrew Blow
    Energy Charge on:
    Cockscrew Blow + Energy Blast
    If HP falls:
    Cockscrew Blow + Energy Drain

Personally this has been working really well for me. Hope it helps some other struggling Marauder too.

3. aloo

aloo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    aloo
    I've been pretty bloody (hah) lost on HP washing even though on paper it seems simple enough. If you (or any other knuckle lad) could please clarify a few things for me, it'd be greatly appreciated. I can't even level because I'm scared of screwing myself over from that sweet 30k dream.

1. According to your guide, you start off by removing 1 point of STR and put it into HP. After moving MP to HP like normal, you proceed to move the last point of MP into STR. What is the point of this? Wouldn't you get the same results while saving one AP reset by not removing the point of STR?
    2. When do you reach your "last MP?" Are you unable to remove any MP that is not from the excess gained from leveling with INT equips?
    3. Can you provide an estimate on how much INT you should have for each level? Currently have +31 from a bathrobe and bandana, going for at least +40.

I've completely halted on leveling up (44 right now) until I can absolutely guarantee that I'm not gimping my gains, so it's sorta a bad time right now haha...

4. aloo

aloo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    aloo
    Oh wow, thank you so much for the generous reply! I've *ahem* already tossed everything I earned for the INT bathrobe and bandana so I kinda financially deadlocked myself until next week^_^'. As long as I can reach 30k before, say, level 190, I'm totally okay with it. All I truly want is a guaranteed pathway towards accomplishing the goal. Going through this mess isn't bumming me out much so it's all good :>.

I was thinking of purchasing a wand and maybe a Maple Shield to hopefully get up to 50 INT (35 currently with equips including base, +5 from wand, +10 from shield) while adding the 50 INT from raw level-up AP. I'll have reached 100 INT by 55 and was going to just yolo it from there. Ideally, I'd want to be alright with just buying the wand and making it out with 40 INT as AP resets are the only source of income I have at the moment.

Thanks again for the reply man, I really appreciate it.

5. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    SI not useful for NL's??? Yes it is. It's literally almost useless for bowmasters though.

6. Tyronethesavior

Tyronethesavior Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xXsquidw4rdX
    Level:
    Guild:
    guci
    yea lookin good squidward

7. rustygreen

rustygreen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PrisonMike
    Time to make a bucc

8. Kohata

Kohata Member

Country Flag:
    Hey, if I'm just starting on the server, ahould I go for the bossing build or the training build.
    Also, I have no idea about hp washing and stuff but should I go low-dex (20-40)?

9. Kohata

Kohata Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks! Amazing guide btw, it will really help me out. Do you still play? If so, mind if I add you?

10. Maximum

Maximum Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Walrein
    Level:
    Six
    Is Energy Orb still going to be useless? It hits the same amount of monsters as Dragon Strike and does 90% more damage at max level. If I recall correctly, the attack speed is better than Dragon Strike as well (not great, but still better). Does the lack of range and having Energy Charge active as a requirement still leave this skill ultimately useless?

EDIT: I took another look on the skill build and realized that Bucc wouldn't have a mobbing skill to use without Dragon Strike considering how much longer it'll take for Energy Charge to activate. I'm still interested to know if this skill will have any utility once it's fixed since it still seems to have potential once Energy Charge is active.

Dre likes this.
  11. WayofTime

WayofTime Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tytrace
    Level:
    Hey there! I noticed in the build that you are redoing for 3rd job you have Energy Charge and Energy Blast being added 2/1 at the same time. Wouldn't it be best to raise Energy Blast to 21 first (to get the sweet 4 mobs hit) before adding Energy Charge, since around that level you will be training at Wolf Spiders? I figure it is best to make Energy Blast objectively superior to SSK before working on the frequency that it occurs.

I know that the build is WIP, so you probably don't have everything you want to say in there yet!

Buccaneer likes this.
  12. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Hey folks

Are all the skills more or less back up and running?

13. WayofTime

WayofTime Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tytrace
    Level:
    Most of them, yeah - stun mastery is currently broken/useless, though, since stunning in general is not functional.

14. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Excellent.

15. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    im levelling a character. currently at level 40
    I dont have much funds, when should i drop money to get most bang for the buck ?
    rn i have dex bandana with some accuracy on it, STR scrolled cape, STR and Dex scrolled bathrobe , dex earring, maple knuckle, facestompers (when level 50 comes) and shitty pgc. About 300M in funds and some scrolls
    thoughts on top of my head:

a) save some money for Zhelm at level 50~
    b)get a better weapon

Dre likes this.
  16. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    oh yeah i forgot about glove, got a 10 attack one so i thought fighting for few watt wouldnt be worth it. I will get back to levelling once i can log in again, currently grinding truckers and thats pretty neat XP i have to say.
    I love the mechanics behind the class, much more enjoyable to play than spearman i have.
    Wish i had someone to play with tho

I know theres no point asking since info will be outdated quickly, but would oyu mind saying prices of things like maple weapons, and attack scrolls for knucklers ?

Dre likes this.
  17. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    Alright.

Is this intended if you chargeup corkscrew and jump right before releasing that you stand still knocking mob off away instead of charging through mobs like usual ? I wish this attack had higher mob count tho, would be SWEET
    Still trying to figure out how to efficiently combo up invulnerability frames, elbow attack has invulnerability frames when attack starts, corkscrew has a little bit after the attack is finished. Idk if that was the case on gms, never played there but seems awkward.
    "aggroing" mobs with cork>sommer>cork>summer comboes is pretty fun

If one would estimate damage levels between classes (like comparing to warrior specs) where would pirate fall according to jobs? I think brawler has more damage output than spearman, but no 3rd job experience so what can i say.

18. Gohan

Gohan Member

Country Flag:
    Fantastic guide, it helped me a lot. :)

Some thoughts during my time as a Brawler: 60 second booster is way too little. You have to constantly recast it, and it's annoying how your attack timing gets thrown off when the booster runs out. It makes for very inconsistent gameplay.

Personally I maxed booster before DU/BSB.

Goku likes this.
  19. shama

shama Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Smahs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    With the SP resets of new source and all, do you think I should remake my brawler considering I lost all the benefits of "Improve MaxHP" already? I'm level 52 and not sure if it's worth continuing.

20. CWCW

CWCW Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lahv
    For 3rd job, why not get Energy Charge to lvl 4 for the extra 11 WA before adding energy blast?