Should spamming be allowed in the FM Entrance?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Katsuruka, Jun 10, 2014.

?

Should spamming be allowed in the FM Entrance?

1. Yes, it's fine

36.8%
  2. No, it's really annoying

47.0%
  3. No opinion/mixed feelings

16.2%
  1. bluemoon

bluemoon Well-Known Member

I read all the post and i know it is unnecessary. What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter if its inefficient or unnecessary, we should still be able to spam. Whether a player choose to use an inefficient or efficient way to sell an item, is their problem. It still does not mean people should not allow to do so. Whether it is necessary or not and if the player should be allow is TWO different cases. It is a free market after all guise

2. Papen

Papen Active Member

But what about an issue with refreshing? I think it is the case that player A opens chalk first then player B, player B's chalkboard will always cover player A . Also if the chalkboard has an increased limit people may use @@@@ to increase the height of their chalkboard and people who are selling lots of items will be disadvantaged.

3. Gags

Gags Donator

No opinion/mixed feelings.

4. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    Will that many people actually use chalkboards that this will be an issue?

How about we just try it and see how it works before assuming that it won't work?

Katsuruka and Virtumonde like this.
  5. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I think we'd have to have a much higher FM population than we have now for chalkboards to be harder to see than intensive spamming. With mass intensive spamming, you only really see the chat bubble over people's heads because you pretty much can't read anything that's said in the chatbox. So in a way, the chalkboard is a replacement for the chat bubble, but it's one that doesn't spam up the chatbox and create extra lag. People can always jump up and down or get on their mounts with their chalkboards up for increased visibility. And there's nothing to stop them shouting out their wares in the chatbox in the normal way that some players do at the moment.

One thing I haven't tested yet is if you can right click on the chalkboard to bring up the player info, the same as if you had right clicked on the character themselves. If this works, then it would probably be easier to click on the right person than to click on the right player in a sea of spamming traders. I'm sure I'm not the only person who, in GMS, ended up clicking on several wrong people before managing to get the right one! =)

As for mass selling/buying items, well, most people use hired merchants or the forum Market Place if they need to do that. If you've got a long shopping list or a lot of items to sell, spamming in the FM has never really been the best way of doing that.

Matt, Rob and Tentomon like this.
  6. Kerners

Kerners Donator

IGN:
    TeddieDuckie
    I agree that people are free to choose an inefficient way to sell if they want, so long as it does not affect others.

Unfortunately, spam happens to affect people in a very negative way.

7. Jayelia

Jayelia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PIuisje
    Level:
    16X
    Your essentially saying that you are a Selfish A-hole who doesn't give a f*ck about a nice community where everyone can be pleased.

When i ask someone to stop spamming they normally reply " Ohw sorry, ofcourse" but i guess there are some people that just want to see the world burn...

It's just so sad to see people put their personal gain in favor of a nice community.

PS. sorry about the language, im just really pissed about those egocentric people...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. bluemoon

lol personal gains? i don't even spam in fm, so posting these comments i have no personal gains to begin with. Also, many different actions can affect other, in the real world people can be offended to everything so should everything be prohibited? What I'm saying is the gms should not be altering anything just to satisfy the community since the FREE MARKET's core original goal was to sell and buy stuff. Get it right people, YOU choose to stay in a spamming environment to socialize when there are many alternatives, and your complaining for your own actions?

9. Doritos

Doritos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    What other motivation is there to change anything? Most of your post isn't very coherent and this makes your argument hard to understand/agree with.

10. bluemoon

When its necessary? You're saying because the majority vote for it that means the change should be apply. If the community decide to socialize in a training place should we stop the existence of all mobs in the training ground? No we shouldn't and the same logic is applied here. I wouldn't mind to prohibit spamming in a socialize environment, but this is free market, not a place to socialize.

11. Joshy

Joshy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Punchio
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    No from me

12. Doritos

Doritos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    So the "when it's necessary" is determined by the staff with no community feedback (as you think the community's feedback doesn't matter)? I'm really not sure I understand what you mean. If the community wants something, when there the ones playing the game, why deny it? I really don't understand your angle at all.

13. bluemoon

Wow so if the community wants it the gms should give it to u? What are the purpose of gms and devs then? If you guys want to stay in fm and socialize then face the spamming its not that hard to understand. The gms should not do anything just because half of you people socialize in fm ch 1, when spamming is ok in fm to begin with.

14. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Well first off, the community keeps the server alive, with out them there is no server. So to keep the server alive the community should be kept happy right? If the Admin's always go against the community there will be no community.

And second, spamming has NEVER been ok in the fm. So it's completely wrong to say it was ok to begin with. This is not GMS, it's a Private Server, in case you haven't noticed.

15. bluemoon

If u recall Matt responded saying the spamming rule was only applying to smegas. Which in another way saying spamming is ok in fm. Yes, the community does make up the server, but that does not mean gms have to change rules, because the community decide to socialize in a market place. Like i said u can socialize elsewhere, since you choose to be in fm then you should suck it up and face the spamming instead of making a whole big fuss about it.

16. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I fail to see how something like this:
    http://grabilla.com/04611-58ceb423-89a3-42ba-8949-0e6c9ee1bacb.png
    Does not annoy people.
    It's impossible to actually pay attention to anyone else who may be selling something when one person spams out everyone else.
    That screenshot happened in about a 5 second window. I completely missed the fact that someone else was selling something because the other person was spamming.
    Buying/selling is perfectly understandable.
    Every few seconds post a new message, or if it rolls off the screen. But 10+ times within a few seconds is unnecessary. It's impossible to use the FM for its actual purpose when it's being flooded like that.

That's why it's annoying.

Virtumonde, Sybe and iLoveYou like this.
  17. Sybe

Sybe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sybe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    So now we've got this and we can't do anything about it anymore. How great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Liek and Sila like this.
  18. Ekul

Ekul Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ekul
    Level:
    Hi guys! I originally voted yes it should be allowed but after reading some of this I have more mixed feelings.

At the point this server is at the spamming is not necessary, no matter how nostalgic it may be of global.

If the free market has many people spamming, that is one thing, and more like a "market" as you guys say. If it is only one or two people, it is definitely not the "Japanese market" as someone referred to earlier.

I personally don't care about spamming. If I don't want to see it then I'll go to another map.

As for the ~maya thing, I don't know if it died off somewhere in the thread (I kind of skipped like 5 pages in the middle and read the last few), but there are at least a dozen different maps out there that are the same size and could serve the same purpose, without being a free teleport to Henesys.

Anyway, my point of view is spamming is unnecessary at the given time, but if the server gets increasingly more popular and has dozens of people spamming in the Free Market then it is fine by me.

19. DemSheddy

DemSheddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dynancix
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Yes, there isn't a rule stating that spamming isn't allowed in the FM. You may think that when we socialize in the FM, we should very well be prepared to face the spamming. That is your opinion and I respect that.
    However, if you really think that spamming should be allowed in the FM, than why? What do you gain from spamming, rather than selling and buying things in the FM? Please differentiate between spamming and selling and buying. If people go "B> AP Resets 6mil each" and repeating the message every 10 seconds, that isn't considered spamming. However, if people repeat their message 10+ times within a few seconds, than that is considered spamming.
    You may very well think that we should live with it and face the spamming. The thing is, the community has already grown to socializing in the FM. It's a thing in Royals, you see. And no other place is as easy to access than the FM. By spamming in the FM, you break this peace. Then, what will happen to GM events? Where will we meet? What about buff events as well? If it is going to be flooded with spam messages, than the FM, which used to be a peaceful place, will now have a bad reputation.
    And we don't want that. Even e.g GM buffs are normally held in the FM (CC1). This goes to show how much of a place the FM CC1 really is. This is a private server, not GMS. Please learn to accept the differences here.
    Also, the community is part of what directs the server, unlike GMS. As I said, there is a clear difference between GMS and Royals. If the GMs do whatever they want, it might as well be called a dictatorship. The mere fact that this thread exists just goes to show that the GMs care about what we think, and that we as a community, have the power to direct the server.
    Thank you.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Back to the topic, I find Kat's idea brilliant and I have nothing against it. A sea of green ~f14

20. bluemoon

Spamming is a way to sell and buy items, although i personally don't do that because it's tiring, but other people may want to. It only takes a matter of a single click to take you to fm ch 2 where people can socialize. I understand that the RM care about player's feedback, but it's not there are no other alternative just as easy to socialize. Let fm ch 1 serve it's purpose. It just doesn't make sense to take fm ch 1's purpose away, which is to sell stuff by any means of communication w/o violating the rules. Gm events host in ch 1 not ch 1 fm btw.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014