Removal of FM Button - 8 months later

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Tommy, Aug 19, 2017.

?

Do you approve of the decision to remove the FM button?

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. No

313 vote(s)
    83.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenoooo

Zenoooo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jan 2015
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    Oct 2017
    To clearify on behalf of some ppl, it's 9 months and 26 days lmao (oops 9M+25D servertime)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    David2016 likes this.
  2. 87Karlos

87Karlos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    87karlos
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I don’t know what is there to clarify. I said it is the 10th month, not that it is been 10 months

David2016 likes this.
  3. Zenoooo

Zenoooo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jan 2015
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    Oct 2017
    Exactly the same dialogue with some ppl (ez, not u) half a year ago on shoutbox

David2016 and 87Karlos like this.
  4. StrickBan

StrickBan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StrickBan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Envy
    I wouldn’t call benefitial something that benefits a minority at the expense of the vast majority of players.

That’s just a technicality but, to clarify, today’s date (server time) is October 26th. So it’s been 9 months and 25 days. Jk I’m dumb

David2016, Johnny and Zenoooo like this.
  5. looty108

looty108 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    80% required to consider. Its just consider. He didn't say he will agree and change just because 80% of the population agreed to it.

Honestly, I dont think the button is a big deal. Use a nearest town scroll and you'll reach FM (in most towns at least). But obv walking back is a bit of a prob, if u wanna save time use those tele rocks

David2016 likes this.
  6. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    They aren't even implemented after nearly 10 months of the button being removed. Please enlighten me on how we are supposed to use them.

Jooon, David2016, Kentavious and 6 others like this.
  7. looty108

looty108 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ooops my bad... didnt know that cos I usually just walk... Seems like alot of things are still out of order after so damn long...

David2016 and PerfectSin like this.
  8. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs

9. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero
    It's still a benefit. Sure, most people here would prefer the FM button over it, but it alone isn't a bad thing.

David2016 likes this.
  10. StrickBan

StrickBan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StrickBan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Envy
    I get it. However, my question was directed at @Matt and I was talking about the server as a whole. How many people would call themselves “hene hoes”? Like I said, that’s a minority and it would only benefit them, not the server.

11. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    As a point to play devils advocate, one could just as easily say the button benefits certain people more than others (those with mules, and more directly people who want the button back), and wouldn't benefit the server, as a whole, if it was brought back (as things like towns aren't dead anymore. May not be a benefit to you, but it is to others.)

You have a poll with less than 350 votes, even accounting for dual (and some triple) client players, isn't even half of the daily players according to the counter. His claims that people (hene-hoes) like the button gone and that it is good for the server is qualitatively just as valid as yours is.

fwiw, people who are hene-hoes called themselves that. It was also huge on GMS.

David2016 likes this.
  12. StrickBan

StrickBan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StrickBan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Envy
    Lol thanks for ignoring every post explaining how 250 votes is representative of a population of millions.

Anyways, the button favors 80% of the server as a whole, not just me or people with mules. You might have to re-read this whole thread again because several people have explained how the FM button made their gameplay better.

You’re just proving the point I made on another thread when I said most GMs just contradict players or ignore them when proven wrong (2 of which you’re guilty)

If you just wanna “play the devil’s advocate” and contradict while ignoring every single point made in the 5 pages of the thread then I’m sorry to say but you got the wrong job lol.

Have a good day sir.

13. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I said qualitative, not quantitative. I also know the math, I just disagree with it's use here, not that anyone would want to hear that reasoning.

What I don't like, is how anyone who posts who even remotely agrees that the button being gone is good, is ganged up on, hense my post.

David2016 likes this.
  14. Johnny

Johnny Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Create
    In my opinion henesys and kerning was much more populated in the old source vs new source.

Like what Stan stated earlier, most ppl just parked their characters at elnath or cbd to afk instead. Overall with the Fm button, it made the server feel less dead.

Halloween this year also feels kind of dead because there isn't a boss/event that brought all the players together like Pierre. Quite similar to the Fm button in a way.

Doo, looty108, Goku and 8 others like this.
  15. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Seems more excuses are next.

Penny, 87Karlos, Don and 9 others like this.
  16. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    I'd like to think that both of my posts were incredibly polite, and reiterate that my only intention was a request for meaningful discussion on the topic. I'm not responsible for what others posted that may have resulted in your feeling the way that you do, but I'd be very sad to know that those of us who are speaking calmly cannot continue because of distaste for what agitated people are saying. It's important to note that it tends to take a fair deal of provocation to cause someone to begin to post negatively - while it's hard to view it as constructive, I will absolutely use that as support to my claim of this being an actual, real issue that our server faces. Whether you disagree with the math proposed isn't exactly relevant - the numbers were only a pedantic attempt to have it known that 255 people (as of writing this post) is a large sum, large enough to show that there is undeniably a problem here.

I will once again request for an actual staff viewpoint on the state of this issue as the last one is very, very outdated in comparison to the discussion that has gone on in this thread.

17. Kleric

Kleric Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jero
    Have you been to Henesys recently? Holy hell there's a resounding difference to the population of it from Old Source to New Source. Almost nobody hung around Henesys in the old source. There'd be a few people at the shack on the way left, often AFK, and that was about it. Kerning City was decently populated, but mostly consisting of those simply wanting to KPQ. Kerning has definitely seemed a bit more populated since New Source, but it's Henesys that I can not see in any way being less populated. It wasn't even until the New Sauce that I ever saw anyone hang out in Henesys Market, it was only ever people walking by.

David2016 likes this.
  18. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    The current decision is that there are no plans to reintroduce the warp to FM button.

I have explained in a previous thread my reasoning for removing the button, part of which was quoted in the opening post in this thread (but doesn't linked to the post itself) so I'll quote it in full again here:

I accept that there are many compelling arguments for wanting the FM button back, however the unintended uses do not fit into my vision for the server. There is no rationale other than that, nor many counter arguments that I can give.

Before implementing the change I was fully aware that the majority of players would be against it and that they would feel it was a negative change to the server rather than a positive. Even when I put the feelers out in a thread back in 2014 about removing the button I was already aware. Many will argue that the unintended usages of the FM button made the game more fun and convenient, and I can totally understand how it did make things better for those who used it for those reasons. It made certain things a lot more convenient, much easier to do than they would be otherwise, but after a while players get blind to the fact this is still a game, and that not everything should be handed to you on a plate. There should be inconveniences, or for conveniences there should be something the player needs to do in exchange for the convenience (which is usually how games work). But in the case of the FM button there was nothing, and from all the suggestions that have been put forward, and all the brainstorming I have done trying to figure out ways of keeping the button whilst getting rid of the unintended free conveniences have not led to anything, it simply seems impossible to have the button without some of those conveniences being obtained. Not to mention how messy and likely very confusing any implementation to try and work around some of the issues would be.

I still believe my previous post in this thread still applies, and that once Teleport Rocks are added back in, some of that convenience will return but at the cost of having to use a Teleport Rock to return to your training spot, as well as a Town Scroll and a short amount of walking to the FM entrance. The current plan is to have Teleport Rock's priced at 1.5M in Albert and increase the amount of maps that can be stored in the map list. We have asked our developer to escalate the implementation of Teleport Rocks and they should return in either the next update or the one after.

@StrickBan I can't answer your question as I haven't played much of the game in the new source, however prior to that I would basically kick myself whenever I would click the FM button knowing that it was something that I didn't want in the game. I do plan to return to the game once a few more features are reintroduced so maybe I can update you in the future, but I am pretty sure I know what the answer would be.

@Rob The quote of me stating that I was looking for 75-80% poll results was for one particular thread, it does not automatically apply to every single poll on the forum. It is just what I was looking for in regards to the v0.86 skill tables.

ColdCrush and David2016 like this.
  19. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    It's so sad to see that no rationale or counterarguments are here to justify the now 292 players who have spoken against your action apart from "this is what my vision is."

I think that after a while, administration has become blind to the fact that this is still a game, and that not everything in it should be tedious. There should be fun aspects of the game, or for every inconvenience, there should be something the player is rewarded for in exchange (which is usually how games work). But in the case of the 10 months of hell we've gone through with a game of dubious functionality, from the lack of end-game content to the lack of basic gameplay functions for months on end (character creation and skills took months) there is nothing, and from all the statements put forward and all the asking we've done and propositions we've made, it simply seems impossible to have any sort of lenience or compromise between administration and the players who love this game. Not to mention how many people have already given up hope and left this server as well.

This is not okay.

maggles, HikariNoPuri, Drice and 19 others like this.
  20. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    I believe this is unequivocally wrong and you, previously in this thread, put forth a perfectly viable compromise. Not to mention the dozens of other posts with constructive feedback that has been ignored.
    It was actually for two particular threads for two separate issues. Both times everyone involved knew what you asked for was virtually impossible, including you, and that was the point. But now that the virtually impossible has been proven possible, you continue to give excuses for ignoring community input. Without this community there would be no server, and one of the best parts of this community was being able to warp to the FM and meet new people.

Honestly, without the FM warp button I probably wouldn't have stuck around for more than a few months. I've stuck around for 4 longs years for the community. The community that I met in the FM.

Penny, Prideful, David2016 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.