yikes.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Charlie, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goku

Goku Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Goken
    Level:
    Guild:
    Radiance
    I remember when Mr. GodlyBread was telling me this guy named Charlie was scrolling godly crap, making amounts of money I didn’t even know existed while making the RNG bow down to him. Great times when new sauce didn’t exist. Fast forward a year or so and this shit happens. It’s unfortunate and all though what you did in the end was wrong I can’t blame you and understand your choices.

We never talked a lot but in the short times we did it was awesome. You letting me take your OP SE to mule for us was special considering at the time the server was dead and gl hf F> SE. To you warping me into jail while I Flash Jump around like all the other idiots while you watch :xD:! To hosting the only GM event with Yanir (might have been another one earlier this year but I couldn’t attend either) which I wish other GMs did that were easy to do with no excuses. To everything else you’ve done for Radiance and the server!! You were my favorite GM and a fellow American which is rare here imo :'(... the good deeds/effort/intentions you had unfortunately don’t outweight the bad deeds. You will be sorely missed.

Never expected this though, it hit me hard. It’s like when someone dies out of nowhere. They’re healthy and there’s no real signs of problems and then BAM! RIP. Wish this never happened but it’s just a private server at the end of the day. You’re still alive and honestly this maybe for the better since this game is horribly addicting for no good reason. Move on and learn from your mistakes which I tell to everyone. This server will feel a little more empty without you wether people agree or not it’s true. You were all ways around to help. Was an honor having you in Radiance and getting to boss with you recently one last time. I wish you the best Charlie. You will truly be missed ~f4

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    First of all,thanks for the explanation!
    Charlie,the best GM for me,for most of players as well.
    The one who contributed the most for community recently.
    Dedicate on your job,your position.
    This describes pretty well.
    thanks charlie.png
    Where are others?
    Even though abusing power isnt acceptable,but after all,what you have done wasn't for yourself,worth to sympathize though.
    But there is another absolutely better way,from the result as far as we saw.
    Sacrificing yourself to rescue those who got scammed is still considerable to do,isnt it?
    You will be remembered in Royals forever for either what good or bad you have impacted.
    Peace out Charlie!

David2016 and ShenDragon like this.
  3. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    I'll always love you, even if maybe deep down you actually meant to fuck over the entire server :'(

Good night, my sweet prince :'(

thx 4 the fun times

thx 4 the memes

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    ikiru, David2016, BangHero and 2 others like this.
  4. TheDel

TheDel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MsConception
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Charlie!!! ~f4 ~f4 ~f4

I've known you for such a loooooooong time and you and @sunny1989 were one of the first people who taught me about scrolling and merching. It's so sad to see you leave like this, I was pretty shocked but I guess now I understand the reason why. Although, keeping some of the PGCs for yourself was not a very nice thing to do, it's still just pretty great that you helped all those people. Will always be proud of you my friend and thanks for everything bud. Hope you'll have a good life and all the best in your future!

RIP Sarcastic and Trove ~f4

nasrul_wave, Tardex, Emi.Lize and 3 others like this.
  5. bugget

bugget Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Guac
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Hey Charlie. It's Gutspiller/Rdy 4 Spaghetti. Though we've only had a couple interactions, I can personally say all of them are well remembered. The time you and I duo botted in those several in-house league games. Your heim is unmatched tbh. Very fun times. Also that one time you were helping me out with my beginner, funding my hair ( Fuck that one guide that said the hair was in CBD. Never forget the 100m~ I wasted trying to get the hair I wanted, only to find out it was in Ariant. I should've listened to you in the beginning lmao.) Anyways. you were the only GM I truly appreciated because you cared about the community. All of the other GMs are straight pussies.

I hope you strive in whatever you decide to do outside of Maple.
    I hope you overcome any struggles life may toss your way.
    I hope you find success and happiness.
    I wish you the best.

Here's a little poem I made for you while I was crying after hearing about your termination.

Good never last
    This remains true
    A little bit of black
    And a mixture of blue
    The best GM wasn't Matt
    The best GM was you
    I wish you the best
    Whatever you do
    Good never lasts
    Can't hold it together
    Maple is the past
    but Charlie is forever.

I love you, Charlie.

6. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    You need to reevaluate your life if you think thats disgusting, its a video game, stop trying to exaggerate the reality and make it seem as if hes some sort of real life criminal

Fake news. Clearly, the amount of items spawned didn't have any realistic impact on the economy, in fact it's not even a minority of his wealth, by perma banning all his accounts he's actually deflated the economy due to taking out meso value items out of circulation, so in this sense he helped the economy and you trying to snuggle in your little passive aggressive comment about him having a realistic direct effect on the economy inflation is senseless (p.s your emphasis on 'hundreds if not thousands' as well as 'ridiculous amount of high value items' is really cringe).

Again, nonsense, you implying that any amount of realistic damage done is completely baseless and illogical, introducing a few peanuts into the economy does no amount of realistic 'damage' as you emphasised.

I'm not particularly close to Charlie nor do I imply what he did was right, I just thought your comments about how the economic related things from him spawning a couple of pink pixels and pseudo-personal remarks was just garbage.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
  7. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    Sweetie, I've worked here for 2 years and was involved in hiring Charlie as an intern. Can you please just let me speak my mind and leave it be with that? I don't need some unknown little brat to tell me that he thinks my opinions are garbage, especially when I am rightfully a tad saddened when I get to hear that a guy we've hired went and backstabbed us. As for you cringing when I said he spawned thousands of p slimes.. cringe all you want but those are the actual numbers of mobs he spawned and looted 1 by 1.

Oh, and I'm not angry at Charlie, not at all. I'm just very very disappointed, just like some others here are too.
    So please don't jump me when you know nothing about the situation and my involvement with it. Thank you, and please let it rest.

ginwolf, ralph, Kentavious and 27 others like this.
  8. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    When one gets a PGC one typically chaoses it, and sometimes even chaoses it with white scrolls. With how much the price of CS and WS have gotten it wouldn't be a large leap in logic to connect the dots. Increased amounts of PGCs in the server could lead to increased demand for CS/WS thus driving up the prices of the scrolls. So no, not fake news.

Penny, Miss Abby and MayCookies like this.
  9. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    Sure thing, but then again you chose to 'speak your mind' about some untrue facts, and I just replied to it.

I don't care how you feel about him nor was that even my point, I stated the point that you're exaggerating his direct effect on the economy, which you chose not to quote and talked about the irrelevant stuff.

Please provide me numbers on the total numbers of PGC's and mesos there are in circulation and how many he released into the economy, but I'm guessing you won't bother because you're condescending and choose to belittle someones honest critique of your comment instead of actually retorting with some facts.

I'm curious as to why you would automatically think i'm there out to senselessly attack, sure I may be attacking your claims in the fact that you say his actions have wreaked havoc on the economy which you described, which you haven't even denied, but thats what you get for posting fake facts on a public forum.

So 'sweetie' you may have been working here for 2 years but it looks like you haven't even logged in one god damned time.

10. 87Karlos

87Karlos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    87karlos
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Lmao your entire responses are beyond ridiculous and stupid. I don’t even know how anyone could possibly argue with you about the state of the server when you have been here what? 2 months ? 3? We can’t really expect much understanding from you, can we ?

11. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    There's nothing "honest" about using ad hominem attacks because you don't like someones response.

12. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    I don't like someones response in the sense that it was spreading untrue information, yes. Call it what you may, but I attacked his statements not him as a person (apart from the one cringe remark), which he then responded
    by being condescending instead of easily providing some evidence if I was in fact wrong.

Okay, please explain to me why my claims of saying that Charlies direct influence on the economy which I believe was largely exaggerated by 'Dimitri' is false, don't respond with any other irrelevant stuff, thanks.

Besides this, I think you are a very stupid person.

13. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)

[​IMG]

As to how he impacted the economy, is as Rob mentioned before your reply. Pink gaia capes, Facestompers and Stormcaster Gloves have a limited supply because they all require the gachapon system to be obtained or created. With that said, there's a limited amount of high attack shoes, capes and gloves on this server because there's no infinite supply to try to chaos with. Then what happens if someone inserts more capes, shoes and /or gloves into the system than there should've naturally been? Sure more people will spend their money on buying these clean items, and that money is gone because Charlie got banned.. but at the same time more items were available to get chaosed and with that an influx of high attack items happened. When there's more items to chaos, more people will want to have chaos and white scrolls to do so. This leads to the price of these scrolls increasing, which happened and is now over 470m (as opposed to around 420m before he started). Surely it will stabilize again eventually, but it's just a shame that events such as this one have occured.

14. 87Karlos

87Karlos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    87karlos
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Why would I? Waste of time! Dimitri already did say it clearly as well as rob. If you have reading comprehension problems it’s not my fault. And yes I’m super stupid :3

15. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    Hold on, you have a few claims here

1) Charlie has been doing this for a long enough period of time to directly influence the price of CS / WS
    2) There was a noticeable/significant amount of high attack items directly because of Charlies influence

There is a simple solution here, why don't you go and grab the logs and show everyone how much he really did introduce into the economy instead of both of us speculating on whether it did or did not have a realistic and noticeable effect on the economy? Logs must surely exist because he got caught as well as the notice that said 'logs found that ....' as I paraphrase. With the help of some facts from the servers logs we can count how many items he spawned into the economy and see whether your claims are true since we can weigh this amount by the normal circulating amount.

I've got the solution to the riemann hypothesis, proof? Why should I! Waste of time!
    You're not stupid, you're beyond help

16. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Dude chill.

The staff did/is doing stuff about the issue, just because the admins haven't succumb to your demands and given you the numbers you want doesn't mean nothing is happening or that Dimitri is wrong.

mrkaitou and Rob like this.
  17. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    I'm an ex-admin, so technically I shouldn't have known the numbers but I do because I've actively talked with a few admins about the whole Charlie situation. With that said I'm not going to post these numbers for that very reason, and all I can ask for you is to just trust me when I say those are the numbers as I have no reason to lie to a community I've helped for years. If you think I'm talking out of my ass, then please continue to do so but know that I don't really care. I've tried to stay as neutral as I can be when replying to you, but you're trying very hard to annoy me and thus it's time for me to stop replying to someone who thinks he's a know-it-all when he's not. I wish you a good day and once more I'll ask you to let the situation rest, as you seem to have a little bit of trouble doing that. Peace.

Dudu, PalmTree, MayCookies and 6 others like this.
  18. Shottamic

Shottamic Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hitta
    Level:
    I won't forget the time you DC'd the botter at FM 1 door and gave me the spot, out of everyone else. You will be missed, best of luck for the future <3

Kentavious likes this.
  19. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    Well then since we know these numbers exist but under some obligation you're not allowed to post these numbers (I don't see how that can compromise anything or why you aren't able to share these numbers) i'd be glad if a current admin can give the exact list of things spawned in my him so we can settle our disagreement.

Also, I mean this genuinely when I say i'm not trying to annoy you, you may be annoyed at the fact that I may be right by claiming that your emphasized claims of Charlies direct influence on the economy is false, but I am not trying to annoy you as a person (what would even be the point?), also, I would like to point out that you have not tried to stay neutral as your first reply to my was very condescending and had person attacks rather than disproving my claim which I would have retracted and admitted I was wrong. Again, you continue to belittle me and personally attack me calling me a 'know-it-all' when I am simply ignoring all the personal remarks and just asking for the numbers, but as you said you cannot give out, which is understandable since you are not a current admin.

Perhaps an admin can really tell us the valuation in mesos or just the number of items Charlie has released into the economy.

I don't quite understand what you mean by me giving the situation a rest, I am not concerned with Charlie himself or anything he did to be quite honest, I am just here to investigate the truth in your claims as I believe them to be out of proportion and exaggerated.

20. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    You have neither given proof of nor can substantiate this claim. More proof has been given against your claim than for it, granted it's still not much proof, but more than you've given.

MayCookies and Penny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.