Closed ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by Vank, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

Character Name: I use lots of characters, i checked all my accounts and they are all banned. I mostly play on IronBank
    Last thing you did: I had a shop open on 2 accounts, an afking account in FM and an afk account in petri's if i remember correctly. woke up to being banned.
    Why do you think you got banned?: no idea
    Ban message when attempting to log in: "You may not access your account because your IP is banned"
    What GM banned you (optional): no idea

2. Kai

Kai Donator

IronBank isn't banned. Provide us with all the IGNs if you can.

3. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

delet des

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    You have been banned for 3 days for harassment.

xxTuzixx likes this.
  5. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

who did i harass? could you provide any specifics logs you would consider harassment?

6. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Do you remember bothering anyone who was grinding?

xxTuzixx likes this.
  7. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

you present it as if it was 1 sided, it's not. if anything, it was 2 people bullying me, calling me retarded, an idiot, many more curses and making fun of me...
    i'd still like to see an example of what exactly you define as harassment

8. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    If that's the case then you are welcome to file a report against anyone you feel was harassing you as well, provided you have the evidence.

You were asked by the map owner to leave as he felt that you were harassing him, to which you responded:
    [​IMG]

9-10 minutes later you were still there
    [​IMG]

xxTuzixx likes this.
  9. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

am i not allowed to chat in someone's map? those screenshots hardly show any case of harassment. the first screenshot proves i was there first, i didn't just randomly stalk them and harass them - they came and took my map.

why does it matter if i was there 9-10 minutes after, my presence, there's no rule against sitting around in some1's map.

also, you expect me to provide unedited screenshots yet you provide edited screenshots, how is that fair? please provide full unedited evidence, same as you'd ask of me.

i didn't bother taking screenshots because i didn't think much of the interaction with the 2 bullies, but now after realizing just how thin the line of harassment is, i think they could be facing a punishment too. you could pull the evidence of them bullying me off the logs, heck, you might even have it ready right now. is it possible to file a report based off your logs?

10. Kai

Kai Donator

The report was filed anonymously. So no, we won't be providing you an unedited version.

And no, we won't pull up the logs for you to make a report based off it. That's not how the report system works. If you wish to file a report, it's your responsibility to have the evidence ready. Our logs is there to double confirm your evidence.

11. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

you won't pull up logs for me, but if I presented evidence you'd pull the logs out? what's the idea behind this? if it is time consuming, why not use the evidence you already have available, the unedited screenshots from the other party, showing some of the vicious things they've said to me.

you should be able to reuse evidence even if you're not the owner of them. I get that it was submitted anonymously and I don't mind if you blur out the names to protect their identity, the content of what they said is the problem.

12. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    You were asked to leave by the map owner and failed to do so. There's nothing wrong with being somewhere but you were being disruptive to the person and didn't respect his request to leave. There isn't such a thing as stealing someone's map because you can only claim a map owned by nobody.

I did you a favor by giving any screenshot evidence at all especially since I had to go censor it. I'm not here to prove anything to you, it's your job to prove to us why you were wrongly banned. Now that you're banned you're suddenly deciding that you want to report them after already saying you didn't think much of it at the time. This makes it sound like you'd want to report them simply because they did the same to you, rather than because you truly felt harassed by what happened but this is going completely off-topic. This is a ban appeal.

Why do you think you were wrongly banned for disrespecting the map owner's wishes for you to leave when he told you that he felt harassed?

Unknown, kaboom, Tardex and 2 others like this.
  13. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

i don't have to respect his request for me to leave. i did respect his mobs and loot. please refer me to a rule saying i have to respect someones request to leave an area he owns.

i wasn't doing anything that would be considered disruptive other than using the chat, which he and his friend both did, in much greater length and vulgarity, against me. by that logic, they should also be punished for the same offense, even though i didn't victimize myself and report them like they did to me.

14. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

I would also like to point out for the record that this bans comes at a really bad time for me since I was going to exchange all the candy i failed to sell with malady to buy halloween items. i had hundrends if not thousands. i don't know if the event is over yet, but by the time the ban is over it surely will - so would it be possible to perform the exchange with a GM?

15. Kai

Kai Donator

@Your last statement: No.

Tentomon likes this.
  16. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

could i please get a response the single question i've been asking again and again...

please refer me to a rule saying i have to respect someones request to leave an area he owns

17. Yan

Yan Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    you'll be able to find it under 'Minor Infractions'.

absolian and Kai like this.
  18. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

i didn't realize there are additional rules hiding under spoiler buttons in a section made to explain the rules, not include more rules. i hope you can see why this is a ban-bait trap, i didn't know this was illegal even though i am a law abiding player, i didn't expect to find it under "kill stealing", why is this considered stealing a kill? why does map looting get it's own section but "staying in some1's map" isn't? i hope you'll make the right adjustments to the document to allow for better understanding and visibility of the rules.

i was ban baited. plain and simple. i missed a tiny section out of a 4k word document, a section which doesn't follow common knowledge (why would it be a problem to be in some1's map? what if that person is AFK? what if the map is public or a road to another map?) i'm being punished even though my intentions were always to follow the rules. what a shame.

19. Kai

Kai Donator

It has been there for quite awhile now. The spoiler is just an elaboration to the rule we stated. As a player, your responsibility is to read through the entire thing and understand it, not just skim through it and then when things happened, tried to push blame like what you're doing now.

We won't cater for scenarios where player got banned without knowing that "there is such a rule", because it is there. Not knowing isn't a valid excuse.

GoToHeal and violaceopes like this.
  20. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

i agree that i missed or forgot that rule section. my fault completely. BUT - i did read the document multiple times and had every intention on abiding by the rules. punishments should be influenced according to intent and regret, as in real life. i suggest the document be slightly changed for better visibility and have a more logical structure (no spoiler tags holy shit lol), staying in someone's map should not in any way be in the kill stealing category, that's ridiculous. if someone would have stolen a gen20, fully aware of the rules, he would've gotten the same punishment as me. how is that in any way fair? please, adjust the rules and punishments accordingly.