[retired] New New Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Evan, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miwako

Miwako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
  2. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey! Things have gotten crazy so let me just clarify some few things:

1. I don't care if you think people who are "dumb enough" to get scammed by bundle shop scams deserve it. The fact of the matter is: the person who set up a bundle shop scam did so with the explicitly malicious intention to exploit and take advantage another player. All other context is irrelevant. This discussion is over and will be ignored accordingly from now on when brought up again henceforth. In other words, don't waste my time thanks. >:D

2. HolySaturn has been added to the blacklist, as I think we can all agree that slander is unacceptable. The way I see it, one person was being passively shitty, and the other person was being actively malicious. I will reconsider this and remove him from the blacklist if @Sat is willing to settle things as @MoriForest has suggested. Let bygones be bygones, yes? That sounds like a reasonable and mature course of action, yes? :)

3. OtakuDn has not been added to the blacklist. Although I'm definitely still considering it (is wasting my time with nonsense considered an acceptable reason to add someone to this blacklist?), I think that involves more community discussion. Either way, it'd be much easier if y'all just followed my suggestion above. 0:)

4. ROXXY (& co.) have not been added to the blacklist. Or at least not yet (reminder that she was added previously for bundle shop scam but she claimed it was an accident I have removed her out of good faith). I gotta be honest, I'm at a loss for what to do here. Can I like, set up a poll or something? The discussion also got cut off by all the other drama so... :confused:

5. KoreanJesus has been added to the blacklist for harassment. I know bannable offenses usually go in the Report Abuse section, but I think toxic behavior warrants placement on this list regardless. It's not like he was a hacker that we'll never see again. ~imboss

6. Deallocate has been added to the blacklist for leech scam. I know I asked you to follow up with him @trapboy but it's been a while and at this point, I'd rather have him prove to us otherwise that he deserves to be taken off the list. :p

7. Lastly, I haven't updated the most recent batch of bundle shop scam reports (before the pages of drama), and those have been updated. Sorry for falling behind on that, there was a lot of juicy drama elsewhere on the Forums! ;)

DeJia, MoriForest, itsKate and 10 others like this.
  3. Sat

Sat Donator

Guild:
    ♜Guardians ♜
    To be fair honestly I do not care about this arbitrary community blacklist it is mostly made up of people not paying attention to what others put up in their shop at a price they choose to and they feel cheated because they payed a bit more than market price. Honestly just pay attention to what you buy and don't share your mistake and blame the seller. I have bought overpriced items by mistake but I learn and don't whine and complain on the forums because someone intentionally put an extra number or switched 2 numbers.

But to the whole OtakuDn situation if you want an apology I am sorry. Actually I really am not but if you did cry then I am truly sorry. To be fair I didn't care to much and it is too much work to explain it all. But I asked OtakuDn for the smegas back but responded saying "Spanish?" and ignored me. So I thought hey I can say anything I want to this person since he can't speak English and I'm bored so I said random stuff about HT not being serious or at all and then he whispers back about slander on the forums. So I check it out and what do you know you can speak English and didnt show any messages before I wrote about HT. So I was bored and decided lets make a big deal about this since why not you speak English and have 10 free smegas so... smega war? Not sure why so many people care about it since I didn't even bother to write on OtakuDn's thread about me.

I responded to this thread since I respect @Masqueradia

foobaka and nosebleed like this.
  4. OtakuDn

OtakuDn Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OtakuDn
    Level:
    I created my thread to clarify that what his said was a lie and I did not think that this conversation would be on the blacklist. I think at this point all know that it was not true and that's it. IeatEmoKids, If you need to clarify something that was not clear, or something similar, I will be here.
    Thanks to everyone for the time they devoted to this case.

5. Masqueradia

Masqueradia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Astroiogian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valiant
    There is just so much wrong here but I appreciate you taking the time to answer to the community out of respect for me. There is just SO much wrong here and you know it and are fessing up. I've already talked to you about it and we've discussed how I felt. Not much else I can say here.

MoriForest, PalmTree, Dre and 2 others like this.
  6. Sanrotoky

Sanrotoky Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sanrotoky
    I don't think lying and ruining someone's reputation because you were bored, or believing that it wouldn't have an impact on his reputation because you weren't being serious is justified.

At least you took responsibility and admitted it wasn't true.

7. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Welp, I suppose passive aggressive half-assed apologies are still apologies nevertheless. I've removed HolySaturn from the blacklist.

bygones = bygones

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    ginwolf, jinjae, DeJia and 12 others like this.
  8. Penny

Penny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iwantcandy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cognito
    So I've been kind of struggling with something for a really long time in this server, and I don't even know if this is the right place to write this (maybe get it off your chest ???? idk i'm perfectly ok if a mod moves this honestly) but I'm just gonna go with it because this seems to be somewhat relevant to what happened today, although is by no means directed at any person. I hope you bear with me [fyi there's a tldr at the end ;)]

So this has always kind of bothered me, but it's really come to a head since I returned from hiatus in the fall. Granted, I'm coming from the perspective of someone who started when the server was significantly smaller, which has its own repercussions for social mores, but we just don't seem to take care of each other as a community as much anymore. I understand that as a community grows larger, the bonds that hold members accountable to each other weaken, and with a community as big as Royals is now, community policing through social norms / guilds / even this list is just not practical. But I think what defines us as people is how we treat those around us, especially people we don't know. I think those values are what shape a community.

I'm sure everyone here has heard the word "toxic" thrown around, but that's genuinely how I feel when I look at some of the posts in this thread and elsewhere on the forum. I understand that if you get taken advantage of in a situation where you had full knowledge of what was going on slash played a role in, that is also partially your fault. I am not contesting that here. But, it really bothers me that people actively seek ways to take advantage of people's mistakes.

Please, don't tell me that shop bundle scams are the equivalent of merching because I really do not believe that you cannot see a difference between charging extra for a hot-button item in a well-placed shop location vs. hoping for a poor chap to make a mistake. One is taking advantage of market conditions. The other is actively rooting for someone to get hurt.

Also, we all know that drop-trading things comes with inherent risks. To be frank, everyone who knows me knows I can't bear to see stuff dropped instead of at least NPC'd, so I can understand looting something you see someone dropping. But I could never understand not giving it back when asked, even if I were threatened. I'd feel pissed off, but I would still give it back. Clearly that person didn't intend for it to be taken, and it's just... not very nice to keep it.

Or lately, with the slime event - the fact that the minimum hit is so high discourages people from joining slimes that have relatively lower hp %. On one hand, it encourages participation, which I am all for. On the other, I saw the suggestions in the feedback thread that effectively were "Just find another channel with higher %." That bothers me because what if the people in that original channel needed help? You're ditching them so that you have a better personal individual chance to get a present, but you're effectively screwing them over. Sure, it's nothing if one person does it. But if everyone does that, where are we?

As people have said time and time again on this thread, these are merely "scummy" behaviors - I certainly don't think they should be bannable. I also understand that many times, the people that do these actions have been hurt by them previously, and this is what they feel they must do to protect themselves. I just don't think that perpetrating the behavior does anything to help; we can't control what other people do to us, but we can control what we do to others. In all fairness, these behaviors - along with others that bother me - really are not all that bad, and I know I have friends who do some of those things. They always respond with "well, I wouldn't do that to you". But to me, I think that just shows that they kind of know that there is something somewhat scummy about that behavior if it's scummy enough to not do to a friend. It's not that I want these behaviors banned or even shamed on this blacklist, really. It's that I wish people just wouldn't do them because they're not nice.

I think the world (and more relevantly, this server) is a better place when we all treat each other with kindness and empathy. I actually got into a prolonged discussion with some friends the other day over this because they think that my expectations for other people, especially people over the internet, are too high. They think that I'm just setting myself up for disappointment and heartbreak. Look, I'm not dumb or naive, and I have no illusions that 1) people are even going to take me seriously 2) I'm not going to get roasted for this or 3) anyone actually is going to read this far. I understand the real world and the way people actually behave. It's not that my expectations for other people are what I actually think will necessarily happen. It's what I believe should happen, and I believe that these expectations are the same ones I set for myself. It saddens me that the answer to that is "You're going to have to live with a lot of disappointment."

Anyway, TLDR is I wish that people could treat each other here - especially people they don't know - with more kindness and empathy, and that's my viewpoint on the blacklist. As Elmo said, the list is here for people to watch out for. It's not even a ban list, or even a precursor to getting banned; it's merely a list that tells people to be careful. You're not a bad person if you do the shop bundle thing necessarily, but you are someone that people should watch out for, say if they see your name on a shop (just as an example).

If you read this whole thing, cheers! <3 If not, that's ok too, you're still great!

benkrong, DeJia, Luna and 25 others like this.
  9. Cola

Cola Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Acme

I think it takes character to accept this as an apology

10. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    [​IMG]

Shiyui, Guus, Andriks and 3 others like this.
  11. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Am I the only one who reads this thread daily and almost never sees anything wrong with what is being 'reported'? Please tell me I'm not alone here. Thus far the ONLY thing I've seen that warrants a blacklist is out-of-turn looting at bosses (actual theft). If you buy something for the wrong price you are not a victim. If you drop something and somebody else loots it you are not a victim. If people say "mean" words to you you are not a victim. Seriously 9/10 of these posts are just...dumb. Why are people on games like this so damn sensitive and unwilling to take responsibility for their (poor) choices?

If an item is overpriced, don't buy it. If you don't want your item looted, don't drop it. If you don't want to hear mean words, change maps, disable your whispers, block the person, or report them since this server apparently caters towards babies-if they get banned, voila, if not, that's it, a post ITT isn't necessary since it was not deemed to be offensive enough to warrant a ban.

The majority of you are men. Act like it. You walk around in the real world and nobody is there to blacklist the cellphone provider who overcharges you for data, the guy who sells the latest iPhone on Craigslist for quadruple market value, the gym who refuses to cancel your membership despite you not using it for over a year, the asshole who calls you a *~mean~* word walking down the street, or the person who steals your laptop when you foolishly leave it unattended in a public place. Nobody is going to protect you in the real world, so stop expecting people to do it on the internet. These posts and responses make me weep for the (lack of) masculinity in my peers.

edit: Just for reference, I have never looted items belonging to anybody else, I have never overpriced stoppers/teeth, and I have never made fun of anybody in-game. This post is not about defending my behavior, so please don't reply with some nonsense about how "I MUST BE COMMITTING THESE OFFENSES TO DEFEND THEM" - I know from past instances that some of you (sadly) have that broken mentality and I must post this as a disclaimer.

PurePoisonXD likes this.
  12. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Thanks for your insight but this thread is not the place to whine about your issues with fragile masculinity. I'm not going to bother with an actual response because this shit is argued on the daily in this thread (literally an hour ago). If you don't like how the blacklist operates go look at a different thread lmaoooo

DeJia, galbixd, 87Karlos and 11 others like this.
  13. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
  14. SmokerT69

SmokerT69 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AutisticAnon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Uchi
  15. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    He got a three day for trying to crash the server which got him a background check, which gave him a perma ban for pretending to account share, then got lowered to a 30day ban.

He never made ban appeals for harassment/profanity bans. So I wouldn't know about those.

16. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    I'd like to give a special shoutout for Breakfast and Melon for unalliancing Sinners for his behaviour. And then proceed to get flamed by him on smegas for around 15minutes.

I didn't take screenshots of him spamming smegas when Breakfast and Melons unallianced him but it was quiet visible and I don't think I need any more screenshots to prove what type of person he is.

jinjae, GoToHeal, PalmTree and 11 others like this.
  17. Venom

Venom Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StreetLamp
    Guild:
    RIPBreakfast
    I gotchu
    https://i.imgur.com/qh0inWz.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/UiMZaFr.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ufnBZOp.jpg
    Didn't catch a screen cap of him saying the 'n' word in alliance chat.

GoToHeal, MoriForest, Cheersy and 4 others like this.
  18. mock3ry

mock3ry Member

1. IGN: masyallah
    2. REASON: Leech Scammer
    3. DETAILS: Paid 120m for 3 hours, logged after 15 mins. When I asked for less than 3 hours, he immediately rejected cause it wasn't worth getting blacklisted for such low prices. Another player came to find him right when he logged and told me that he is scammer as well.

[​IMG]

As you can see, 10 mins later, still not on. I paid from 7:10am to 10:10am (PST)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sen likes this.
  19. Michel Kirchner

Michel Kirchner Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chefknoedel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lindblum
    1. IGN: masyallah
    2. REASON: Leech Scammer
    3. DETAILS: He scammed me for few days on WS. Now i tell other players he is a scammer but it was to late :/.

Sen likes this.
  20. thdalsdn

thdalsdn Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Seyfried
    Level:
    Leech scammer
    IGN : masyallah
    Victim : Seyfried , warmpop , guylove

Sen likes this.
Thread Status: