Paladins: Blast Got worse.

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Clairisa, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    Hello GMs and Royals. I JUST got through abandoning a Zak Run with a party meant to test the changes with Blast and I have to say.... this was a bad one. I can see what was meant to be done for the attack itself, but this add to blast only made me as an attacker worse against multi-targets like Zak arms. My attack is randomly hitting different arms everytime I swing. This doesn't help with single targets either since nothing changes at all. I believe this increase in range (vertical extention) that was added to blast would have been 10 times more effective on Charge Blow making it's multi-strike capability more viable. Blast simply needs more power. It only strikes a single target. It honestly should be the highest dealing attack skill to compensate for not hitting mobs like it's competitors like Brandish and Crusher. Keep the inconsistency in damage, our current attack speeds, and single targeting but in exchange, more power. Honestly it seems like a fair trade-off. Brandish and Crusher can hit multiple targets on a boss at once which added together makes our current blast attack look as threatening as a kitten clawing at a skyscraper. If this is applied, at LEAST paladins would shine at single target combat (at least something) but as is, we are schooled even at that.

Not going to lie, I didn't see this being a bad thing when I first read it, until I tested it for myself. Thank you GMs for trying so hard to fix a class that was thrown together at the last second by the original makers.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Britney, Codey, patnais77 and 7 others like this.
  2. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    The skill only hits one target and has not so good range so it should easily beat Hero's and Drk's on single targets in any circumstance even on neutral elements. That's not what happens though so an increase even a big one isn't harmful.

IceCX and Clairisa like this.
  3. ilovein399

ilovein399 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think increasing the basic damage of Blast might help a lot more than increasing the range.
    True they increased the element %, but most Boss don't have element weakness.

Clairisa likes this.
  4. Realizze

Realizze Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Realizze
    Level:
    Guild:
    Immortals
    This change really helped with HT actually. But charge blow could have really used the change too =]

Tim Steezy likes this.
  5. attainable

attainable Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Attainable
    Totally agree...I think either Blast could be buffed in dmg, or maybe Charged Blow increased in range (or both :)...)

Slightly off topic, but for 3rd job and the resets in place now, what skills should be maxed now that Armor Crash seems pretty useful?

6. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    I'll explain from what I know. Due to Blast's increase in vertical striking capability, it only hits one target at a time, while Zak arms aren't necessarily just standing still. My target constantly changes between the arms. Unlike Brandish which hits multiple targets, Blast hitting only one makes this an issue. Only plus side to this is: Blast can now easily strike Zakum's Cursing arm better, but this is only when it is the last of the arms, otherwise the above problem is a factor.
    Overall, the addition to striking range would have been far more effective on Charged Blow. It's still weak for a mobbing attack sure, but with a better hit box, it can at least hit more of the arms making the paladin save time dealing with them.

patnais77 likes this.
  7. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Why does it even matter which arm you hit though, eventually you have to kill all of them anyway.

PurePoisonXD likes this.
  8. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    It's not the fact I'm complaining about hitting the wrong arm. it's the fact I'm upset my damage (which is already low) is being spread out because I cannot fix my attack on the target I want to hit. It makes my job as an attacker take longer and makes me look bad as well.

Shamee likes this.
  9. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    But say you do 5m damage in a minute or so. If all of it would go into one arm you'd do 5m damage to it, but if it spreads out you'd do 2.5m to 2 different arms. While it will take you longer to kill the first arm you'd have the same damage output and get the same exp since you helped hitting the other arm too. You could also use charged blow which deals more damage than blast if you hit more than 1 enemy (though I'm not sure how long it's range is)

10. Zerato

Zerato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EclipseDK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    It's safe to assume that a target is being searched within the hit box (of Blast) starting from top left (then running down as you would read a book, line by line)
    Now if the hit box is very high (i don't know how high it is compared to Crusher or Brandish) I can see why the "random" targeting happens. But what then if you would work from the top arm down? When there is no longer an arm above you, it will not get targeted "by accident".
    Just my thoughts ....

As a Dark Knight (and this would go for Heroes aswell) I want to have "my arms" for myself. In the start of Zakum, I can hit 3 arms, and ideally I would hit 3 all the time. However, if someone would come and kill one of "my arms" this would drastically reduce my DPS.
    Also, there is an incentive to take away certain arms quickly (they can make you miss out on EXP and stuff) and looking at it this way, Paladin's effective DPS is "halved". I can see why this is annoying, even though i never played Paladin, because I've experienced being healed while bossing...

11. Tim

Tim Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaizoku
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    This change has helped paladins reach parts of other bosses more easily, for example horntail which previously couldnt be hit by blast on some of its bodyparts.
    We're not trying to do massive overhauls of how classes and their own perks are divided in the game. We are interested in more 'quality of life' style updates for certain skills like this range increase, and the increase of Speed Infusion towards party members for example.

12. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    I can see how this would help with Horntail. I need to test this change against him, but i been inactive for a bit. I still feel an extention on Charged Blow would help though. That would easily compensate for the Zakum problem. Charged blow (+Advance Charge) isn't that strong, but it hits 6 enemies (with 90% stun on mobs). It's power should be low compared to the other Warrior's mobbing attacks for balance sake. Just it's reach is defeats the purpose. That's overall what I'm looking at.
    Thank you for your time though, Tim ♥

13. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    That's my point exactly... it may hit 6 enemies for 350%, but the attack range of Charged Blow (+Advance Charge) is pathetic. I can barely hit two arms consistently. Normally I hit ONE arm with it and depending on my timing two. Now I have Blast which hits arms inconsistently and a mobbing attack that normally only hits 1 arm (2 if I am lucky) vs DK and Hero who can mob easily 3 arms for 3 lines of dmg (2 for hero). I am just saying Charged Blow needs more love with it's range sake. I don't care if it's weaker than Crusher and Brandish, but it's hit box is borderline worthless.

patnais77 likes this.
  14. ManxDrk

ManxDrk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ManxDrk
    Level:
    13x
    *whine whine* I want my dps to beat Drk & Hero even on resistant mobs *whine whine*

Man, pallys were never the strongest class, they were the most defensive one, that's their niche...

Your speciality is watching them berserking Drks and low hp classes dying while you laught at them while doing some decent dmg. That's it, pallys are not meant to be top tier DPS attackers...

and even tho they were already balanced, our game designers were kind enough to give you all one of the best party skills in the game, armor crash or whatever is called... Stop asking for overpowering your class f3

15. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Lmao what a douchebag response. No need to be mean to someone who is voicing their legit concerns. BTW you're obviously delusional if you think that they're balanced even now.

Aerith, ginwolf, Fatlip and 17 others like this.
  16. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    So a nl is the fastest class cause it has more mobility, weapon speed and dps compared to other classes. A paladin is the most defensive class cause it's defense is a tad worse than heroes..

Looks like you read some 2007 thread saying how great paladins defense was without knowing the class.

SmokerT69 and patnais77 like this.
  17. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    Um, you obviously haven't noticed a Hero can be just as defensive as a Paladin (which defeats that purpose entirely). They get the exact same defense skills. (minus Threaten and we all know where that ship sailed).

I'm merely bringing up we need an extension on our main mobbing attack's attack range. It already hits quite low compared to Crusher and Brandish. That I don't care about. My attack hits up to 6 enemies once (with the plus of 90% stun rate which is worthless vs bosses), but I get lucky if I can manage to hit 2 arms with it? At the same time, against Zakum Bodies when it spawns mobs, I have to put a LOT more effort into keeping the mob cleared compared to my rival warriors since my hit box is far lower. Ranged DPS of all people should want me to have a better hit box so I can keep their dmg dealing to a maximum. My stun rate would save the hassle of mobs swarming them, but with my lame hit box, I fail to do that sometimes. Far as Blast's Damage is concern, Even if it were double it's current capacity, with it only hitting one target, it would still be weaker than Crusher and Brandish's additive striking their max number of targets for their respective line count.

I will repeat myself one last time. I don't want to outshine them in damage output necessarily, I just want to be able keep up, be reliable and shine in it's my choice of class.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  18. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Hmm I kinda agree with it. I mean I'm not sure what's the point to have a mob skill that can hit 6 mobs if it has a range that can only hit 2. It's kinda like shining ray, it could hit 6 mobs but unless you are at himes you'd hit like 3 max.

patnais77 and Clairisa like this.
  19. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    Please look at this from a 3rd person's perspective. You invite a paladin to join the party and they are the only melee. While the rest of the group is taking out the top arms making the job look easy, your Paladin seems to be taking a long time with the arms they are working on. Your group clears one whole side +2 top arms above the one they are working on and suddenly sweep through those arms.
    Later you recruit a Hero/Dark Knight and put them through the same Senario but the difference is they manage to clear their arms sooner due to their consistent dmg to both arms compared to the Paladin's spread out damage.
    What would be your diagnostic about paladins as a whole after seeing that? Unreliable. Weak. What's the point when the other two do so much better. A Paladin's blast attack deals just barely more than a single line of an Equivalent Hero's Brandish (not counting elemental advantage) and this same damage is being spread out. This makes them look bad. VERY bad. Now we have groups of people not wanting to even give other potentially stronger paladins a chance because of the one you saw in action.

That's the problem.

SmokerT69 and patnais77 like this.
  20. Clairisa

Clairisa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Maylins
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    N/A
    Regularly hits 1 (Occasionally can hit 2)