Marksmen: a detailed analysis and they're somewhat ok now?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Shnang, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Now this..
    I must say that royals highly favours bossing for the end game and I'd push for mm's 1v1 capabilities because of it.
    Some very realistic numbers that I've recorded at level 189:
    Getting only 6% in an hour at o4 with hs and a strong hero duo partner
    Getting 10% from 2 krex duos which took about 35mins each.

Granted you can only krex twice a day, I'd say an average player who can only invest 2hours of gameplay a day would go for the krex runs first due to the accessibility and less set up required.

Grinding (at ToT) has always been unfavourable ever since post new source, from the removal of the fm button, to the lounge button now sending you to town upon entry.

D R E V M ヅ, Dudu and WinterCure like this.
  2. liomio

liomio Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Liomio
    Level:
    Are you sure your rotation is good? I got like 4%/hr on my bm at o4 at lvl 199 duoing and 3% ish soloing

3. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    Range increase and cool down decrease of Snipe and Heaven's Hammer? Can hit a good chunk of Zakum arms and HT parts at one time and quicker with a lower cool down.

SmokerT69 likes this.
  4. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
    What about increase the dmg cap from 200k to 300k or even higher?

This maybe an indirect buff to paladin as well to increase the end game damage with blast.

Shnang likes this.
  5. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    I was on the bottom lane and quite honestly I didn't feel the spawn was sufficient to use PA effectively. Granted I'm not awful with my control with my MM but it could use polishing. Care to share more about an optimal rotation? I'd like to learn more! :)
    I like this idea too.

6. godys

godys Well-Known Member

For the fellow last posters, I reinforce that Snipe cooldown nor damage is not the main issue on MMs. (Except for the levels 1~20)
    Increasing the Strafe damage or increasing the critical rate for it will be the best improve.

neverIucky, LostABike and Shnang like this.
  7. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
    My questions for you...

Everything is relative. Are you trying to close the DPM/DPS gap between MM and BM, or just want to see higher damage output on MM?
    You suggested buff ing strafe to compete with hurrican, but strafe is not unique to MM. BM has it too. If strafe is on par or even outclass hurricane, then there is no point playing BM or using hurricane.
    If you buff the critical strike dmg or chance, that will buff the BM as well so the gap remains the same or worse between BM and MM since hurricane hit faster = more chance for critical dmg, again, critical strike isnt unique to MM only.

With those questions in mind, I suggested increase the dmg cap for snipe to buff a skill/feature that's unique to MM only.

8. godys

godys Well-Known Member

My idea is to choose one between the two ideas

Increase the basic attack for Strafe from 100% to 130~150% (somewhere that it's not too OP)

OR

Give Strafe the additional Critical chance of +20% ish
    It would be, in the end, 40 + 20 + 15 = 75% total.

Also, you should have in mind that it is possible to change Strafe for Sniper only, so it wouldn't affect BMs.

IceCX and LostABike like this.
  9. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    It's as you've said. As mentioned, the steroid for strafe only comes into play at forth job. Of course there needs to be a balance such that strafe won't go overboard, but for now we do not even know the limitations of the client/what can or cannot be implemented. Not much has been even discussed about MM in general among staff as far as I know too

D R E V M ヅ likes this.
  10. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    I don't believe that a buff to our Crit Chance or Strafe is the right way to go for the previously mentioned reasons (client limitations and the shared skillset between BM and MM). I do believe that we should focus more on Snipe, especially in the earlier levels, maybe reduce the cooldown a bit more drastically at first and then less as it reaches max level (In the end it should stay 5 seconds as I believe that is a fair amount of time to wait for our ultimate skill and it's the rotation that most MM are accustomed to). However, I do believe we should see another buff to the damage that Snipe does. Like I said, I don't know what the client limitations are, but, if possible, we should have Snipe do anywhere from 225 ~ 300k damage (Whatever the amount will be to make us at least closer to being as viable as BMs) if it can be done without raising the damage cap in general. If raising Snipe's damage isn't possible without raising the damage cap, then the only other option would be to reduce the cooldown to 3 or 4 seconds instead of 5.

Dudu and Shnang like this.
  11. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    bumping because:

1. MMs actually need a buff and even someone like me can tell that's obvious
    2. I don't think Sena can handle any further heartbreak but he's too pure and wholesome to bump this thread himself
    3. This thread is well-researched, well-written, thoroughly discussed, and doesn't contain asinine nonsense like 90% of other feedback threads that have been responded to by staff

12. SmokerT69

SmokerT69 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AutisticAnon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Uchi
    I kinda brought this up in my thread. But I haven't seen it discussed before. Can't the GMs just increase the damage on arrows for MM? Instead of +4 damage, make them +8 or 10 or something. That way you don't have to worry about adjusting individual skills. Because if you buff strafe, it would also be a buff for BM as well. This way, the buff is only applied to MM. They get an overall damage upgrade across all their skills. Although it won't fix snipe, they will make up the damage with strafes in-between snipes.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  13. godys

godys Well-Known Member

4 or 5 att bonus won't make a lot... that's like ~150 additional range.

David2016 likes this.
  14. SmokerT69

SmokerT69 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AutisticAnon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Uchi
    Then add more. +15 att, 25, 30? Just saying, it's a possible simply fix that wouldn't require messing with any skills and only affects Marksmen.

15. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    I think that would be really unfair and almost pointless. You're forgetting that if they were to make crossbow arrows that much stronger it would affect the earlier classes too. Snipers and Rangers are pretty similar in DPS so the extra +30 attack on crossbow arrows would really mess up the early game. I am standing firm on my decision that it's important they rework snipe.

Shnang likes this.
  16. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    You flatter me elmo. <3 But I digress.

@Gert, my sentiments exactly. BUT, one way around it is to tier the crossbow arrows, aka a level requirement.

I really appreciate the feedback that has been generated over the weeks, it's quite safe to say that there's a need to do something about Marksmen.
    I'd however really want to hear some form of response from the staff too, it would be really assuring to know what can or cannot be done as well. We need to know what you think about our suggestions!As much as feedback is important, knowing that it's been taken into consideration is important too! It will keep the community close with the admins, and encourage healthy relations between them.

Again, thank you guys for the comments which have stayed (relatively) on track!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  17. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    I'm not sure if it needs it but I'm also curious as what staff have to say about this so BUMP.
    :)

David2016, SmokerT69 and Shnang like this.
  18. winwinjelly

winwinjelly Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Chocalate
    As per my post on LHC, party-grinding is the way to rebalance classes between bossing v.s. bad-bossing classes. Party-grinding (LHC) gives an alternative way for non-bossing classes to stay competitive with bossers, and does not leave the rest of the classes in the trash can.

Currently, bossing classes > non-bossers IN BOSSING
    non-bossers > bossing classes IN NOTHING

All the other jobs except NL/Corsair/BM should not be left in the dumpster. It's not just about Marksmen, every other class except the "good bossing classes" are disadvantaged. All non-dps classes, not just about how marksmen fall off in 1v1, need an alternative for being bad bossers.

19. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Perhaps making Snipe a passive which is like Final Attack as suggested above,
    And making Strafe attack animation Faster. Roughly by 1.5 times and still buffable by Speed Infusion?

Charu likes this.
  20. MSdrawman

MSdrawman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronMeme
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Another great feedback thread left out to rot by staff...
    I usually have faith in the staff, but it's been more than 2 months since this thread has been around and no response. MM have always seemed like a very cool class and I would like to see more of them around. Would it be that hard to discuss this among the staff for a bit and come up with a conclusion? There are 6 options right there with evidence on why something should be changed. I'm sure the staff could up with something appropriate even if it wasn't a suggested solution. Something as simple as "We are looking into it." or "This isn't something we want to change right now." would be good enough.

BlizzBoss, Kentavious, Gert and 3 others like this.