Islander Community Rankings / Guides

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mooshy, Dec 8, 2014.

?

Which Islander rankings icon do you prefer?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2015.
  1. Big Palm Tree

59.5%
  2. Islander Looking Person

4.8%
  3. Islander Looking Person + Mushroom & Sun

4.8%
  4. Islander Looking Person + Snail & Sun

31.0%
  1. Danny

Danny Donator

#handing_out_free_stuff_whenever_i_meet_my_fellow_islanders

2. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    LOLwtf is this?!

"We will work to be an example of how we as islanders should treat each other on the island.", so putting out a lengthy, dramatic, and unnecessary post in an attempt to shame a single person is an example of how Islanders should treat each other? Interesting...

"In times of crisis", HAHAHHAHAHA! What crisis is going on?! How much more dramatic can you get?! Smh...

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    IoIzor likes this.
  3. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    They didn't come back when I was inactive af prior to this last month, when I literally didn't play for ~11 Months. Why would they all of a sudden come back now?

IoIzor likes this.
  4. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    Keep in mind, I'm literally never on Sawngo as is. I gained like 6% EXP in these last four weeks I resurfaced on Royals.

Being unable to play on a consistent basis is not equivalent to quitting. Jesus Christ, stupidity is incurable.

IoIzor likes this.
  5. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    How is the post lengthy?
    It's only like 100 words?
    Unless it's too much for you lol

What's bad about being dramatic?
    Maybe you prefer a dull life I guess, is that how you endure the training till highest level?

The post is not unnecessary as it's time to do something instead of staying silent

What do you mean by in attempt to shame a single person?

IoIzor and PeterHatEater like this.
  6. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    How is the post lengthy? It's lengthy in comparison to all the posts on this Thread. Show me the last "only like 100 words" post prior to the one you just posted.

What's bad about being dramatic? You're being extremely dramatic to the point where you're not even making any sense. And no, not liking drama isn't equivalent to having a dull life. More examples of being stupid is being shown here though. I endured the training to reach the level I am through sheer hard work and determination. Something you may never find out in life.

"as it's time to do something instead of staying silent", do something about what?! Staying silent to what?! LOL! Literally, what in the world are you talking about right now? Lmfao!

What do you mean what do I mean? In an attempt to shame a single person is self-explanatory. You don't understand this?

IoIzor likes this.
  7. Danny

Danny Donator

so you guys are not comming back one the 1 bedroomed dude stops playing?

8. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    lol, you said my post of 100 words is lengthy yet you replied with 150 words

reply.JPG

If you say I'm not even making any sense cause I'm being extremely dramatic, which part of my post do I need to elaborate on?

"do something about what?! Staying silent to what?!"
    Why are you so agitated about this lol, I haven't even declare what I gonna do

And what do you mean by what do I mean by what do you mean?
    How is 'an attempt to shame a single person' is self-explanatory?

Why do you think my post is trying to shame a single person?
    How do you know I'm not trying to shame 2 or more people?

IoIzor likes this.
  9. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    Oh my goodness, I wonder how difficult it must be to be so stupid... My response to your initial "lengthy" post is a response post. It's obviously going to be likely that it will be longer than said post... ~f7 I literally knew you would respond with this, hence why I specifically added "prior to the one you just posted". I like how you added a word count though, that's lols af.

And yes, you're not making any sense with your over-dramatization. And I LITERALLY pointed the parts that need elaboration. One of the many included in this next bit.

LOL! I'm not agitated at all! If you don't understand the usage of "?!" in sentences that precedes laughing. It's me questioning the sense of what you're saying, or trying to say rather. What do you mean in your initial post when you say "as it's time to do something instead of staying silent"?

I literally added "what in the world are you talking about right now". And yet you're asking which parts need elaboration? After I literally quoted the parts that you said that don't make sense?

Your initial post was an attempt to shame a single person. How much more can I define what this means? I truly can't comprehend how stupid one can be.

Why do I think that you're referring to one person? You literally wrote "outsider" in bold letters, three times. LMFAO! OutsiDER is referring to ONE person. Man, L2EnglishPls...

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    IoIzor likes this.
  10. Oahu

Oahu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Oahu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unity
    how do i delete someone else's islander

IoIzor, PeterHatEater, Danny and 3 others like this.
  11. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Was my sentence that difficult?
    "as it's time to do something instead of staying silent" means 'I will not keep quiet and will take actions soon'

Yea, I'm indeed referring to 1 entity, but it may not be a person
    Why are you so sure it's a person?
    How does outsider = one person?
    What if the outsider is an animal or beast that's unable to think and react logically?

And why do you feel I'm trying to shame the 'one person' (as you firmly believe so)
    What's there to shame about when I wrote I'm gonna fight off the outsider?
    How do you shame someone by fighting him off?

IoIzor likes this.
  12. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    1) Apply to be GM
    2) Delete his character from database
    3) Done

IoIzor and Danny like this.
  13. Noll

Noll Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Invallid
    stop all this drama, just go and kill some pigs or slimes(don't kill mushroom, they don't deserve it).

IoIzor and Sawngo like this.
  14. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    No, your sentence wasn't difficult at all. It made absolutely zero sense though, as if it was constructed by a Middle-Schooler. Difficulty =/= Complexity. I don't even think that's possible in your ability, to be able to create a "difficult understanding" sentence.

"What if the outsider is an animal or beast that's unable to think and react logically?", HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! I'm just about done with your stupidity.

You did this in Discord too. You're just trying to rebuttal in conversations just for the sake of so. It's immature and ridiculous. I would say: "look at the screenshot, that's what he said". And you'd respond with: "OH! SO IF IT'S IN A SCREENSHOT THEN IT MUST BE THE TRUTH!" "What if he was lying to you?". Without even acknowledging that the initial statement was that to look at the screenshot because that is what the person said, not even referring to truth or anything. But simply what the person said.

Your form of "rebuttaling" is something I've literally never witnessed being used since Elementary/Middle School. Here's another example of how immature and stupid it is:

"hey bro, look at this new doorbell app i got. it comes with a live-view camera so that i'll know when packages come or if there's somebody suspicious at my house"
    "YEA, YOURE INDEED LOOKING AT YOUR PHONE, BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOURE RECEIVING AN ACTUAL MAIL DELIVERY? WHAT IF IT'S AN ISIS BOMBER WHO DRESSED AS A MAILMAN COSTUME AND LEFT A BOMB AT YOUR DOOR? WHY ARE YOU SO SURE ITS A MAILMAN? HOW DOES THE UNIFORM = MAILMAN?"

Jesus, that hurt my brain just trying to act that idiotic...

IoIzor likes this.
  15. Noll

Noll Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Invallid
    He is more islander than you and he doens't need of a blue dana, you with a blue dana still noob v:

IoIzor and Sawngo like this.
  16. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    Still didn't even acknowledge that either. What times of crisis? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Oh my goodness...

IoIzor likes this.
  17. Sawngo

Sawngo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sawngo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RIPIoIzor <3
    You should watch what you say to Crimson. He gets triggered super easily. inb4 he asks you "how is he more islander than me? what is true meaning of islander? how does one become more islander than somebody else?"...

IoIzor and Noll like this.
  18. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    If you can apologize for the sake of apologizing, I think I can rebuttal for the sake of rebuttal too

And first of all, why do you care what I write for my guild's stuff?
    If you have a good reason that I should explain my guild's stuff to you, a non-Shroomies, yea then I will
    And since the post that triggered you so much, you're the only one been asking weird questions

About your nonsense at Discord again:
    I already said the truth, but you have your own version of truth
    Hence I proposed "What if others are lying" and you say you trust the person, what else is left unanswered?

For your doorbell app, yea I would have questions to a (very) large extent.

1) How does the 'live-view camera' helps me accept the package?
    a) If no one's at home, the mailman not supposed to leave it at my doorstep
    b) If the mailman simply leaves it at my doorstep, the item could be either...
    i) Stolen, depending on whether if I stay in a crowded area with evil neighbors that might 'borrow' my parcels / packages without returning
    ii) Damaged, depending on where he leaves the package that might expose it to weathers such as rain

2) And yea, I'm indeed looking at my phone with this 'live-view camera'
    a) Are the contents encrypted before sending to my phone? (What kind of encryption)
    i) I would also check the IT security issues such as anti-hack, does it block others and prompt me after 3 failed tries?

3) I would also need to factor in the expenses needing in having a HD camera
    a) How much would the HD camera cost?
    i) I need the HD quality to be my proof in case of a dispute with the deliveryman or merchant should the item is damaged, handled improperly or not delivered
    b) Additional protection for the camera?
    i) What if a kid throws a random rock to my camera and spoils it?
    ii) Would this scenario of 'camera getting damaged by passerby with non-malicious intent' covered by the company's insurance? (Should I have the option to get it)
    iii) Probably more logical to install protection for the camera but would incur more fees

4) And totally yea, how does uniform = mailman 100%
    a) I won't accept random package without acknowledgement, I would wanna see the document and confirm what I am receiving before I sign on it
    i) So I don't think I would use this doorbell app, it doesn't seems applicable to me?
    b) The scenario of ISIS bomber will not happen as I have no involvement with ISIS, and won't intend to in the future
    i) Unless you can think of a scenario of somehow ISIS caught attention of me and sends me the bomb
    ii) Kinda weird you say I'm a level 40 Crimson'who' that no one knows, yet you use the scenario of ISIS bomber instead of any other possible events.

Conclusion:
    How does this doorbell app works in an useful way? I have been thinking and don't feel it's useful at all (to me at least)
    And the above points are listed out so that you can understand we have so different wavelength that we're thinking with different ones
    If you feel my points doesn't make sense, you can start by explaining why would anyone need the live-view camera for mail / package / parcel receiving?

The concept of it sounds like a CCTV to me only, with many details about the delivery not included
    And I believe your brain hurts cause you didn't think of such details of what might happen if you do 'A' action instead of 'B' action
    But it's okay, you can take some time to process all these information and we shall go through 1 by 1 of your 'assumed scenarios' regardless of the topic at Discord or the doorbell app usage.
    Your feedback has been about 'hahaha', 'stupidity', 'immature', 'ridiculous', 'idiotic'
    Which doesn't help you to send the message of what you are trying to clarify about
    If you feel I'm a middle school student that made zero sense, why do you care about what I write? lol

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  19. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour

I have no idea why you're so insistent that I acknowledge it but okay, I shall do it for your sake

So when I wrote 'times of crisis', why are you opposed to it?
    There are surely bad situations we have to handle when playing as islanders, why do you not agree so

And of course, I will 'acknowledge' that there is a crisis now, hope you're happy with that answer
    But I don't think you wanna hear what the crisis is, let me know when you wanna and I will explain

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  20. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I wasn't triggered actually
    I was clarifying on how do I qualify as an islander according to this message
    And you're top is Level 40.jpg

From how I understand, the message is about my top level is 40 and do I even play. How can I call myself as an islander due to I am level 40 and I don't even play.

If you disagree with me and feels I have twisted the intended message to be sent from the guy
    Do let me know by elaborating why

Last edited: May 14, 2018