Shop NPC in FM

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Andy, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

By a billabong under the shade of a coolibah tree
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    Hey

What do you think about having an NPC in the FM that we can sell stuff too like equips and etc drops and recharge our stars. They don't need to sell anything (although return scrolls for towns would be nice, even if they were quadruple price because of the luxury of having them there)

I know people will say this will make things easier etc, but yes that's kind of the reason why it would be cool. For example, you've walked all the way out to the middle of nowhere to get your grind on (like skeles or something) and suddenly you have a full invent of equips or you run out of stars, quickly hop to the FM and fix that problem so you can get on with the fun!

My main source of income is NPC'ing equips that I find but sometimes I just don't get around to selling them because i'm so far away from the town and don't have time to go back to town then back to training

Please consider this ~f17

2. Aliysium

Aliysium Donator

IGN:
    AIiysium
    Level:
    7X
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I actually like this idea a lot. Having access to a basic general store NPC in the FM that sells basic pots/stars/bullets/arrows/nearest town scrolls like what you would find in a Vic town would be great and not game breaking at all in my opinion.

And yeah you could make the items cost more in exchange for the convenience.

3. Chrille

Chrille Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Garbaggio
    Making the game easier is just a bad idea, especially coding a store NPC into FM..

4. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    It's not game breaking at all.. being able to NPC equips conveniently isn't going to make anyone complain when they're half way through a massive grinding sesh and need the invent space/money

5. Chrille

Chrille Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Garbaggio
    Or you're just lazy of go/use your scroll/door yourself back to the town and sell from the NPC there..

Raiden likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    caught me red handed ~f3

Raiden likes this.
  7. Aliysium

Aliysium Donator

IGN:
    AIiysium
    Level:
    7X
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Adding an NPC with things only sold in a basic general store on a Victoria town at prices more expensive than they would be for the convenience hardly makes someone lazy. If that's the case, then why do we bloody have access to the FM with 1 button click anyway? If we can't take small advantage of that access by adding another completely harmless money sink to the game, then I vote to take it out and make people walk to the FM just like you are proposing walking to a store. It's no different really.

8. Chrille

Chrille Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Garbaggio
    All I can tell you is that the benefit of being a Bishop, with their door skill, won't be a lot more popular when you're going back to sell your stuff. Not only does the Trade button warp you to FM, but also it warps you back to the same map where you were before clicking on it.
    Coding a store NPC in FM would make the same benefit level for all other classes, as it is for a Bishop using his/her door to go back and sell and go back to the map. That's complete rubbish and should not go thru as a suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Raiden likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    So you're saying that only gene spammers should be allowed the ability to quickly NPC their stuff and get back to meso farming? Bishops already have a crazy advantage over everyone else so ya know.. chill man

The bishops door skill would still be extremely beneficial and would be used for repotting, and providing party members with a shortcut to skeles/zak/etc

The FM store shouldn't sell potions. It should only be a place for you to sell items from your invent and possibly get a return scroll at a higher price.

10. Chrille

Chrille Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Garbaggio
    This is exactly what I mean. I do not give a care about pots, returns scrolls etc. at a higher price. THIS is what's going to make it so benefitial for people.
    IMAGINE you're another class, that is not a Bishop, that is farming at skele with 5000+ gingers pots in their USE inventory. They don't care about the pots will run out, but that their EQUIP inventory will get full.. And woop, they're now selling their equips, get 30m + mesos from it and go back to the map without taking the VIP Taxi and ride/walk/jump to the map again..

Raiden likes this.
  11. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    That is the bloody point mate!
    It's so we don't have to spend 50 hours walking to and from town every time our invent is full!!

..and that's exactly why I said bishops were meso farmers cause they can just sit there spamming gene and making 30m every 15 minutes..

Look, it seems to be difficult for you to understand, but the only thing this will effect is the time people waste traveling when they could be training.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  12. Tobi

Tobi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    September
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue & Rice
    Umm, 30 min every 15 minutes is an extreme exaggeration, and also - 50 hours? VIP Taxi + Mount to Skeles from Leafre takes like 3 minutes, and you'll most likely be partying with a bishop that can door you anyway. Same with priest at WS/Himes.

13. symone

symone Member

I have to say one thing that I like about old school maple is walking to maps, and not everything being a small and quick to get across map like after big bang.
    But then again I am a priest so with having door I guess i'm not as fussed as others.
    Also with a warrior w/o rush, after taxi it takes me 2-3 mins to get to skeles depending on if i fall or not. imo it isn't that long of a time.
    The only map that I can think of that takes ages to get to is zak. XD

14. Daenerys

Daenerys Well-Known Member

Level:
    Guild:
    Nipple
    I'm a Bishop but I'm lz so I like this idea xD
    Also - having to race against my own door b4 it runs out to npc a full inventory = a pain
    Keep missing my own door at skeles T.T
    Make 30 mil every 40 min BTW not 15 but I hate grinding so im a poor bish

Fyi, Door will ALWAYS be needed at zak so I don't think this npc will make door irrelevant

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  15. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    30m for 15mins was an uneducated extreme exaggeration of mine :p

i agree with everything else you said :)

16. Tobi

Tobi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    September
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue & Rice
    How do you even miss your own door? Cancel your NPCing and redoor, then finish your NPCing. I usually need to redoor once everytime I NPC with my Bishop when at Skeles. And with my Paladin it takes about 3 minutes max to get to Skeles from Leafre, with NL even less than that.

17. Daenerys

Daenerys Well-Known Member

Level:
    Guild:
    Nipple
    When you're too impatient to redoor :X
    Anyway, I'm just lazy. It wouldn't hurt to have this suggestion be implemented- but I can do without; just saying my one-and-a-half-cents worth

18. Dante

Dante Donator

What I'm reading from the people against this suggestion is:

"Bishops are the only ones who should be able to farm."

Bishops already have such an unfair advantage that giving people a slight crutch is NOT a bad thing. Bishops have door; they also have gene spam. A.K.A they have the easiest farming in the entire community. Why is giving people who hunt Skeles a lot slower anyway such a bad thing?

In the time it takes normal classes to fill up an inv at Skeles, Bishops will have filled up 2 invs and probably doored and sold them both. Then in the time it takes someone to scroll back to town and walk back to Skeles the bishop will have probably filled up and sold another inv.

Giving the classes who are already at a disadvantage some extra mobility is NOT a bad thing.

Why do you think everyone and their mothers makes a Bishop? They can farm twice as fast and twice as efficient.

19. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Andronicus
    Level:
    I agree man.... fuck it though I doubt we'd get an FM npc anytime soon so I just made a cleric and am on the path to gene spamming and dooring >_>